Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (11/15/2011)

We actually do have a few dragons the 4h did. The dark ages Spawn line had a doozey! I dont remember what the original name was, but I still have that dragon figure and it stands about a foot tall extended, but didnt stand very well due to the intricate sculpt. I still use him with MOTUC along with other animal type figs from Spawn lines and Winston creatures. If you look at him, the wyvern from the McFarlane Conan line, and Draegoman; you can get a decent idea what they can do with Granamyr.
    I honestly have faith that the 4h can take the source material from both comic and cartoon and come up with a figure that will be more than expected in detail and stature.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Yeah but not in MOTUC. If only they designed some kind of Dragon Man.

If I felt that Draego-Man was representative of how the 4H will sculpt Granamyr, then I wouldn't be worried. My concern is that both his mini-comic and cartoon appearances were a bit goofy. He's just has a weird shape. I'm not writing him off yet, but whether or not I buy him will depend on how much cooler the 4H can make him.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Ideally he'll come with two sets of interchangeable wings. When he's in flight his wings become much larger.

http://www.robertartwriter.com/Home_...myr_SC-230.jpg

Oh thank God! I totally forgot about that! Hopefully you're right!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Sounds like what a couple of you are saying is, "I might buy Granamyr, as long as he looks nothing like the character".
    Pretty much.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Pretty much.
    Yeah that goes for me too.

I prefer something like one of the Dragons we saw in the 200x cartoon or somewhat similar to the Draego Man sculpt.

Something like this old MOTU art Dragon would also be cool:

Last edited by kup; November 18, 2011 at 05:04pm.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

I prefer something like one of the Dragons we saw in the 200x cartoon or somewhat similar to the Draego Man sculpt.
    me to i don't want to spend $80 on a Muppet head

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Something like this old MOTU art Dragon would also be cool:

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6132/...928630c4fb.jpg

That would be awesome, I'd definitely prefer something like this! I expect we will see something filmation accurate however, so I'm waiting to see if I'll really need this dragon in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    That would be awesome, I'd definitely prefer something like this! I expect we will see something filmation accurate however, so I'm waiting to see if I'll really need this dragon in my collection.
    If that happens and we end up with a filmation/comic accurate sculpt, I won't really complain but I certainly would not be buying.

I wouldn't complain because it is still something that a vast amount of fans want. It wouldn't be something completely out of the blue that nobody asked for like Spector or Snake MAA. However I will still be a little disappointed..

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Hmmm...I'm starting to get concerned that sales of Granamyr are going to tank! His estimated cost was $80 before it was announced prices would increase and a lot of people are saying they're not interested in him at all!

I think what could help make him a better sale, would be TWO heads:

- Filmation/mini-comic looking Granamyr head
    - Dragon head like the book kup posted a picture of

This would allow us to have both a Granamyr and a regular, large, red dragon (like the book or the big one in MYP).

I think that might help sell Granamyr because I'm seeing a bunch of comments about not wanting him because of the "muppet head."

What do you guys think? I'm kind of on the fence because of size and cost...but the ability to have a giant dragon OR Granamyr would be a definite sale for me.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy him, if he comes with the Battle Ram

I'm getting Granamyr whether Mattel offers an additional incentive or not, but I'm definitely NOT getting more than one because he's too expensive and I simply don't have very much room to accommodate the large items any more. I'm guessing he'll sell out within a week... and you know they're gonna reuse that mold again for either the green Granamyr or some other creature that I'm not yet aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Hmmm...I'm starting to get concerned that sales of Granamyr are going to tank! His estimated cost was $80 before it was announced prices would increase and a lot of people are saying they're not interested in him at all!
    I would happily have bought two of them provided that they went with the green Alcala one. Now that he's going to be Filmation styled, Granamyr is of no interest to me at all. Even if they do a green repaint later on, if he is not sculpted like a silly, saggy old lizard I don't want him.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    The way this line is marketed makes it seem like it's amateurs who are marketing it, and not one of the biggest toy companies.
    I agree, the marketing and advertising for this MOTUC line has been a complete shambles as of late... The only real advertising space they have is mattycollector.com and it wasn't even showing Swiftwind, BP She-Ra or Snout Spout until a couple of days prior to going on sale!! Anyone with a shred of common sense could see the benefit in showing the next months figures at the time of this month's sale, but no, not Mattel, they just whack 'em up a few days before and then tell us there is not enough budget for this n that ... I really wish they would actually promote this line in the way it deserves... I haven't received a sale reminder email from Matty in months!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    And Fisto's fist not being removable is clearly the end of the world, since he's seen removing his fist so often!
    hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I actually am particularly relieved that- as much as I want more vehicles- that there are no more slotted until 2013 at the earliest. With an $80 Granamyr coming at the tail end of 2012, and the space he alone is going to take up, I am not really anxious for a $45 or $50 Battle Ram so "soon" after the Wind Raider.
    BLASPHEMY!!

I personally would prefer a vehicle than an over sized goofy looking dragon sitting on his ass.

However if they make Granamyr something like this, then I am all for it:

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs40/f/20...by_shawnmp.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...l/granamyr.jpg
    hmmmm no thanks, too anime/hyper detailed for my liking! ... Just give us the old dragon the way he was intended to be ... (but not in foam or cheap materials!!) ... I do agree I would probably prefer another vehicle over Granamyr, but he will have his rightful place in my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Aside from the ability to use it on Trap Jaw, Roboto or HH Hordak, what exactly is the huge appeal for a removable-fist Fisto? He's Fisto... without his fist, he's just O, which isn't as exciting or special.
    Best post ever!!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    A time-traveling superhero spy who chooses to wear the Ace of Spades as his chest emblem makes no sense to me all. Unless he's a big fan of Motorhead?
    I think it will be revealed that Mighty Spector actually travelled back in time to the early 80s just so he could play drums for Motorhead! While he was there, he stole Scott's drawing so he could not post it in to Marvel, hence causing a parallel universe, where the Mighty Spector then returned to the present and found himself to be a part of the MOTUC line... The spade on his armour was just something Lemmy told him to wear because he thought the yellow armour looked too plain!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man123 View Post
    I don't think Scott answers most of these questions. They are answered by other members of marketing.
    Ok so the marketing department at Mattel have time to sit around answering somewhat redundant fan questions, but they can't update their website to show upcoming figures?? hmmmmm

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    Is isnt just the 80$... It's plus shipping and for international customers more expensive shipping and additional customs costs...

So we're talking about an over 100$ item...

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    No, keep him the way he is meant to be. Make him look Filmation. Sometimes I wish the 200X line never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    No, keep him the way he is meant to be. Make him look Filmation. Sometimes I wish the 200X line never happened.
    So how he is supposed to look? So green like the minicomic is what you are saying?

I don't see why 200x has to do with people wanting him to look a certain way.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    So how he is supposed to look? So green like the minicomic is what you are saying?

I don't see why 200x has to do with people wanting him to look a certain way.
    Yeah, 200x is just an example as to me, it's a better more traditional European Dragon design. It has nothing to do with the 'anime' looks or whatnot.

This would also be very much acceptable for me:

Yeah I'll get him as long as I don't recognize who he is.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    I'll buy him regardless, but I really want him to be recognizable.

A lot of people are throwing out ifs, ands, & buts. And yet I don't think anybody here that WANTS a Granamyr will pass on him for any reason other than not having enough money on sale date.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    A lot of people are throwing out ifs, ands, & buts. And yet I don't think anybody here that WANTS a Granamyr will pass on him for any reason other than not having enough money on sale date.
    I would want one as long as he doesn't look goofy.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I'm guessing he'll sell out within a week... and you know they're gonna reuse that mold again for either the green Granamyr or some other creature that I'm not yet aware of.
    Sorrowful, maybe. Then again, I'm not sure. Almost every time he was on screen he changed size, if I remember correctly. One scene he'd be having a conversation with She-Ra and be about 4 times the size of SwiftWind, and the next he'd be humongous, nagging at Hordak to behave.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Sorrowful, maybe. Then again, I'm not sure. Almost every time he was on screen he changed size, if I remember correctly. One scene he'd be having a conversation with She-Ra and be about 4 times the size of SwiftWind, and the next he'd be humongous, nagging at Hordak to behave.
    Ooh I love Sorrowful. He's kinda obscure, and definitely would be expensive. I see him as maybe a SDCC or Power Con exclusive.

Yeah, 200x is just an example as to me, it's a better more traditional European Dragon design. It has nothing to do with the 'anime' looks or whatnot.

This would also be very much acceptable for me:

http://img2.lln.crunchyroll.com/i/sp...17539_full.jpg
    I agree! I'd like to see a really cool, grown-up and intimidating looking design for Granamyr. They can always include a removable helmet for those that want one.
    Awesome sticker included!