Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Centurions coming to DVD via Warner Archive MOD

Hope you enjoy it, he was wanting to make a new version with some new equipment he bought when I spoke with him 1 1/2 years ago but I am not sure if he ever got around to it.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Hope you enjoy it, he was wanting to make a new version with some new equipment he bought when I spoke with him 1 1/2 years ago but I am not sure if he ever got around to it.
    I just ordered one to heh. Cant wait for it
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Just watched 2 episodes, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. Definitely some flaws, but overall VERY good. I'd say a 7/10 (for a non-remastered series). Good enough that I don't mind if it never comes out in a "more official" form.

As for the show? Still quite good. It's no Galaxy Rangers, but it's better than most of the 80s cartoons. I didn't remember the characters being such stereotypes, but this was an era that they were really pushing diversity. The good guys have a white leader, a black guy, an Asian guy, a German guy and a Russian woman. All with the requisite thick accents/speaking styles.

Having fun with it. Would totally recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Just watched 2 episodes, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the quality. Definitely some flaws, but overall VERY good. I'd say a 7/10 (for a non-remastered series). Good enough that I don't mind if it never comes out in a "more official" form.

As for the show? Still quite good. It's no Galaxy Rangers, but it's better than most of the 80s cartoons. I didn't remember the characters being such stereotypes, but this was an era that they were really pushing diversity. The good guys have a white leader, a black guy, an Asian guy, a German guy and a Russian woman. All with the requisite thick accents/speaking styles.

Having fun with it. Would totally recommend it.
    Sounds great can't wait for mine to arrive I figure you ordered yours on the 31st got it today so it was 27 days. Mine should arrive in the same amount of time heh. Also did you get the 'Spiral Force' Promo DVD, I am hoping to get one

Brent
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

You know, I was checking out Ruby-Spears' filmography the other day, and I noticed that in 1986, the produced two 65 episode syndicated series, Centurions and Rambo and "The Forces of Freedom". Then I realized (with a not inconsiderable amount of disgust), that one of these shows was already out on DVD in its entirety. And it wasn't Centurions.

I guess that particular franchise name being tied in to three movies (at the time of DVD release), as well as possibly having different owners to its 'sister' series, offset any concerns as to the actual quality of the show, leading to an unlikely complete release on DVD. Hopefully someone will see sense one day and release the other show that people actually want to see!
    Last edited by JTalpur; February 27, 2008 at 09:06am.
    1983 Forever!

I was a big fan of the Rambo: Force of Freedom toys but I never saw the cartoon. Was it any good?
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

I would kill to get an official release of CENTURIONS

We should ask someone in the entertainment industry. Who?
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

You mean the Cartoon?

I thought you meant the Toys. I would love to see a return of the toys

Considering how bad some of the Filmation releases sold, I dubt we will see many of those middlle eighties cartoon in DVD form.
    Some have been released (Silverhawks, The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers), but it doen't look like they are jumping on those obscure cartoons yet.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    It be great to have an official DVD release for Centurions. Outside of MOTU, Centurions was one of my favorite toylines in the 80s largely because the figures looked so great.

Shout! Factory may be a good candidate to ask about releasing the show onto DVD. But a DVD release may depend on who actually owns the show -- I know the series sometimes runs on Boomerang {Cartoon Network spin-off channel} so WB may own the series. Unfortunately, WB tends to drag its feet when it comes to animation releases -- but with their new Burn-on-Demand service, I suppose WB might put together some basic release package some day.

I really dig Centurions. I just recently picked up 2 remaining parts I was missing to complete Sky Bolt. I think the cartoon was OK but I think the toy line is one of the most underrated lines from the 80's.

The ones I want are:

Go-Bots
    Sectaurs (I know it was only 5 episodes...still want it)
    The Incredible Hulk (1982 Series)
    Tranzor Z

Last edited by Megalodon; November 11, 2009 at 08:03pm.

Centurions. The good old days.I think the tooling cost would be expensive.So as much I'd like to relive all the 80's I'll pass on this line.

What would you kill?
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    The ones I want are:

Go-Bots
    Sectaurs (I know it was only 5 episodes...still want it)
    The Incredible Hulk (1982 Series)
    Tranzor Z

i want those as well.
    i'd add:
    Rocklords: the movie
    spider-man and his amazing friends
    the rest of C.O.P.S. and silverhawks
    tigersharks
    visionaries
    DIC episodes of G.I. JOE
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    i want those as well.
    i'd add:
    Rocklords: the movie
    spider-man and his amazing friends
    the rest of C.O.P.S. and silverhawks
    tigersharks
    visionaries
    DIC episodes of G.I. JOE
    Spider man and his amazing friends is already on DVD :

http://www.spider-friends.com/

http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Spider man and his amazing friend is already on DVD :

not in the US
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Spider man and his amazing friend is already on DVD :

As is the 80's Incredible Hulk The Complete Series also a Region 2 release.

On a side note why do people always highjack other threads with thier wants & yet never bring anything relevant to the topic. I thought the title of this thread was based on Centurions not I want these 80's shows on DVD?

Back to topic Centurions is a Ruby Spears show & The WB owns the Ruby Spears catalog. There was internal discussion a year or so back about releasing the show on DVD, but after the low sales on Silverhawks they decided against it. As someone already mentioned as The WB begins to release more shows via the On Demand format we might get Centurions down the road.
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

Well Centurions along with other 80's toons is FINE....

Quote Originally Posted by Hobby One Kenobi View Post
    On a side note why do people always highjack other threads with thier wants & yet never bring anything relevant to the topic. I thought the title of this thread was based on Centurions not I want these 80's shows on DVD?

Back to topic Centurions is a Ruby Spears show & The WB owns the Ruby Spears catalog. There was internal discussion a year or so back about releasing the show on DVD, but after the low sales on Silverhawks they decided against it. As someone already mentioned as The WB begins to release more shows via the On Demand format we might get Centurions down the road.
    I think CENTURIONS are far more popular than Silverhawks everywhere in the world. Let's hope they already did some nice remastering to preserve the series. I don't think they are gonna wait for a DVD release in order to properly preserve the series... right?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    I think CENTURIONS are far more popular than Silverhawks everywhere in the world.
    Not in the US. Silverhawks ran on TV for years, Centurions was a blip.

Let's hope they already did some nice remastering to preserve the series. I don't think they are gonna wait for a DVD release in order to properly preserve the series... right?
    I'd bet anything it hasn't been remastered. If they didn't remaster Thundercats or Silverhawks, they haven't touched Centurions.

Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Not in the US. Silverhawks ran on TV for years, Centurions was a blip.
    So very true here in Mass Silverhawks aired for about 4 years on channel 56 after it's original run. Where as channel 25 aired Centurions for about a year & a half then pulled the show.
    www.ioffer.com

Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    I really hope they do a complete release. Even if it is the burn-on-demand with no extras.
    I love it when a plan comes together.

So very true here in Mass Silverhawks aired for about 4 years on channel 56 after it's original run. Where as channel 25 aired Centurions for about a year & a half then pulled the show.
    You know what, in Italy 'Centurions' was a hit.
    'Silverhawks' was never aired here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    You know what, in Italy 'Centurions' was a hit.
    'Silverhawks' was never aired here.
    Tiziano: a hit in Italy?
    It was aired only once I think and we never got the toys, I hardly believe it was a hit over here

EDIT: and yes, Silverhawks was aired in Italy.
    It aired on Rai Due, on Sunday morning, after completing airing Thundercats. I used to watch it, I totally remember it.