Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Evil Lyn changed her color skin from yellow to pale?

Why Evil Lyn changed her color skin from yellow to pale?

So Teela dyed her hair from ginger to blond to become the new Sorceress of Grayskull (which does not make any sense to me, at all, but...) or Battleground Teela.

Now... what would be the explanation for Evil Lyn to change her skin color from yellow to pale for the Battleground suit?

Any thoughts?
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Yellow was 80's toy look and the pale is a 200x MYP varient look

The explanation is that her pale form is a depowered Evil Lyn... taken from her bio...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    The explanation is that her pale form is a depowered Evil Lyn... taken from her bio...
    I would have guessed it had something to do with Joe Jackson. Too Soon?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Only Mighty Spector knows it...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Her yellow skin went away when she gave birth to Keldor's son causing his skin to be green....
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Sssqueeze, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Her yellow skin went away when she gave birth to Keldor's son causing his skin to be green....
    Best explanation ever.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

i like the 2000x story where it was a stone that made her skin yellow

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by O'hartley View Post
    So Teela dyed her hair from ginger to blond to become the new Sorceress of Grayskull (which does not make any sense to me, at all, but...) or Battleground Teela.
    Any thoughts?
    I think it makes sense.

A friend who found out that her husband was cheating once said

“You know how Britney Spears shaved her head and everyone thought she was crazy? I hurt so much right now, and have no outlet for expressing it. I can understand why she did that…to have a physical representation of whatever pain she was feeling.”

So, maybe the hair color is just a small way of coping with all of the changes Teela’s going through.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I would have guessed it had something to do with Joe Jackson. Too Soon?
    I don't get it.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    I think it makes sense.

So, maybe the hair color is just a small way of coping with all of the changes Teela’s going through.
    It could be.

But... do you think Mattel (or whoever decided to include in the new minicomic the line where He-Man notices her new hair color) would go that deep?

Teela Na was ginger too before she became the Sorceress and we never saw if she dyed her hair with the changes she experienced when she took the position of Grayskull's Guardian.

Just some random thought.
    What the heck, I am just another rebel!

O'hartley

Now... what would be the explanation for Evil Lyn to change her skin color from yellow to pale for the Battleground suit?

Any thoughts?

"What? A girl can't change her {skin} color??"

"A Sorceress may take any form she desires."

Yeah... the skin color change could have been far more interesting than just "she's de-powered."

The hubris one must have to de-power EVIL-LYN just BLOWS MY MIND.

But... do you think Mattel (or whoever decided to include in the new minicomic the line where He-Man notices her new hair color) would go that deep?
    Scott decided that... he wrote the story (and then a more formal comics writer came in to literally write the lines).

The thought that I have always had is that in graphic fiction, if you change the appearance of a character who has always had one defnitive look, then there should be a reason beyond the normal "a person can change clothes/hair color/jewelry" conceit.

Teela's hair color change could have been so much more interesting... the blonde Teela could have been Teela'Na... or she could be Teela, as the new MOTUC bios say, but the magic of Grayskull changed her body...

The mini-comic doesn't even go that far... it doesn't go into why she changed it... whether it was an homage to her mother (which wouldn't make sense since Teela'Na has been shown as a Red-Head in both Filmation and MYP), or whether the powers she received changed her appearance, etc.

It just has He-Man making a joke of it. I don't mind that, because it gives He-Man some personality, and it colors the changing mood of He-Man and Teela's relationship at that point in the story, especially because she responds in such a stoic way.

I just wish there had been something more put into the change.
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 22, 2011 at 02:21pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Too much moon batheing

I just figures the yellow skin was going to be palmed off as the poison effect of Despondos she has had to live with until Skeletor decides to free her to be 'all she can be'....
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I think, in regards to He-Man's line about Teela's hair, it allows room for a deeper explanation.

As for Lyn, I like that Teela deportees her. We still have ALL the adventures in which she is one of the most powerful characters in the Universe. Besides, knowing her, that's not the end of her and her socerous ways...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I think, in regards to He-Man's line about Teela's hair, it allows room for a deeper explanation.
    I hope so...

As for Lyn, I like that Teela deportees her. We still have ALL the adventures in which she is one of the most powerful characters in the Universe. Besides, knowing her, that's not the end of her and her socerous ways...
    I would rather she had become a hero... I mean, she's been messed with so many times...

- she was the heir to the throne of Zalesia in Preternia... and that was taken away

- she's the rightful Queen of Eternia, but that was taken away

- she was in love with Keldor... and HE was taken away

It would have been nice for her to retain power and become heroic... I don't think that's how the story will pan out, though.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    I don't get it.
    Bad Michael Jackson joke---fell VERY flat---please move along, nothing to see here.

Like many yellow-skinned Eternians of the era, Evil-lyn found it exceedingly difficult to find work in a predominately non-yellow world. The roles that she was offered ranged from the stereotypical "evil sorceress" characters to bit parts that portrayed Yellows as comic foils to the leading Beast-Man types.

Following a long period of alcoholism and an addiction to plastic surgery, Evil-Lyn found herself unable to stop getting black market skin bleachings from unlicensed Stone City doctors.

"I just couldn't stop," she tearfully recalled in a 1998 interview with The Eternian Monitor. "I had been in an abusive relationship with Skeletor for almost a decade, and when he left for outer space, I was devastated. For the first time in my life, I was alone with my demons. And by demons, I don't mean those impish creatures that do my bidding, I mean my internal struggles."

But as fate would have it, a chance meeting with the folks behind the 2002 relaunch of Masters of the Universe would see Lyn back on top. "They called me in to do some script readings with the girls auditioning for ‘my’ role. They knew that I understood the character and that I could lend an air of authenticity to the readings."

After auditioning almost 600 women for the role of Evil Sorceress, the show's creators decided to give the role back to Ms. Lyn. "In my eyes, there was nobody else that could play the role like Evil-Lyn," recalls Mike Young. "When you think of Evil-Lyn, you think of Evil-Lyn, you know what I'm saying?"

Though the show ended prematurely, Lyn has no regrets. "Even though I was no longer yellow, I still carried the lifetime of experiences that could only have been lived by a Yellow woman. And despite all the heartache, I'm content with my body of work. Yellow or white, it's still me underneath that tiara."
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

HAHAHA great post Night Stalker!!

I seem to remember reading a great fan fic possibly by Mike Bock or another org member where Evil Lyn was turned yellow after coming off second best in a battle with Shadow Weaver ... I thought that was the best explanation I've heard.

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe it was just a case of Eternian jaundice. She is now cured!

Quote Originally Posted by cringer75 View Post
    Maybe it was just a case of Eternian jaundice. She is now cured!
    Eternian Jaundice= Awesome

It could be.

No. Because I think they are incapable of going that deep. But that doesn't mean that one can't interpret it that way.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Bad Michael Jackson joke---fell VERY flat---please move along, nothing to see here.
    Ahh, ok, I wasn't sure which Joe Jackson was meant, the manager, or the "Steppin' Out" & "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" singer.
    Does Galactus fart?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Because she realized she was not a Simpsons character.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Evil Apologist of Mattel® Count Marzo's Avatar
    IN MY CANON... I feel she just kinda "dimmed out" a little bit with her magic to suggest the transition from bright ass yellow to the pale tone. She used up a lot of magic freeing everything and turned pale.
    -=¤EvilCøuntMarzø¤=-
    BLÅÇK FLØWËRŠ!!!!