Page 98 of 101 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100 ... LastLast
Results 2,426 to 2,450 of 2510

Thread: Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sale

  1. #2426
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    The JLU items are regular price now though (the ones that were on sale if you bought 1 of each, I mean).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  2. #2427
    I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    1,467
    wOw !!!!!!!!!!!!! What a day it was ?????????? Full of FUN & THRILL !!


    I THANK ALL FANS/MEMBERS FOR THAT !!!


    Enjoy your MOTUC, Please do take a well deserving rest ! I know most of your would have lost your sleep all these days. So,

    Have sweet, pleasant sleep because your body needs it !!

  3. #2428
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    125
    Since for some unknown reason I felt compelled to keep track of this along the way, figured I'd post a recap for anyone who slept through the weekend:

    All times PST, approximate, and based on when people were reporting them here...

    Wave 1 - Black Friday - Order of Unavailability:
    1 King Greyskull: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    2 Orko/Adam: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    3 Teela: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    4 Whiplash: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    5 Scareglow: 12:30am Fri (Sell Out)
    6 Weapons Pak 1: 12:30am Fri (Sell Out)
    7 Weapons Pak 2: ??:??am Fri (Sell Out)
    8 Optikk: 9:45am Fri (Sell Out)
    9 Catra: 1:30pm Fri (Sell Out)
    10 Adora: 3:00pm Fri (Take Down)
    11 Beast Man: 3:00pm Fri (Take Down)
    12 Gygor: 3:00pm Fri (Take Down)
    13 King Hssss: 1:00pm Sat (Sell Out?)
    14 Faceless One: 1:30pm Sat (Sell Out?)
    15 Clawful: 2:00pm Sat (Sell Out?)
    16 Man-E-Faces: 4:00pm Sun (Sell Out?)
    17 BA Skeletor: 4:00pm Sun (Take Down?)
    18 Zodak: 4:00pm Sun (Take Down?)
    19 Bow: 5:00am Mon (Sell Out?)
    20 Vikor: 5:00am Mon (Sell Out?)
    21 Battle Cat: 9:00am Mon (Take Down?)
    22 Captain Glenn: 6:30pm Mon (Sell Out?)

    Survivors:
    Goddess
    Megator
    Mo-Larr/Skeletor
    Moss Man
    Eternian Guards
    Skeletor
    BG Teela
    Tytus
    Weapons Rack

    Figures Later Available at Lower Prices:
    Battle Cat: $27.00 --> $15.00
    Captain Glenn: $22.50 --> $12.50
    Goddess: $18.00 --> $10.00
    Megator: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Mo-Larr/Skeletor: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Moss Man: $18.00 --> $10.00
    Eternian Guards: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Skeletor: $18.00 --> $10.00
    BG Teela: $18.00 --> $10.00
    Tytus: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Weapons Rack: $10.80 --> $6.00

    Cyber Monday:

    Wave 2 - 9:00am Monday:
    Stratos: $18.00 (Removed 11:00am Mon)
    Man-At-Arms: $10.00 (Removed 11:00am Mon)

    Wave 3 - 10:00am Monday:
    Trap Jaw: $10.00 (Removed 12:00pm Mon)

    Wave 4 - 11:00am Monday:
    Keldor: $10.00 (Removed 2:30pm Mon)
    Faker: $18.00 (Removed 1:00pm Mon)

    Wave 5 - 12:00pm Monday:
    Webstor: $10.00 (Removed 2:30pm Mon)

    Wave 6 - 1:00pm Monday:
    Mer-Man: $18.00 (Removed 3:45pm Mon)

    Wave 7 - 2:30pm Monday:
    Tri-Klops: $10.00 (Removed 4:45pm Mon)

    ----------------------------------------

    My thoughts:

    Selection: A
    As someone who only started collecting in August, this sale brought me to around three quarters complete with the line. (Don't ask what I spent!) Just about everything folks have been asking to see reissued for the past few months showed up at some point - Tri-Klops, Eternian Guards, Teela, Man-At-Arms, etc, plus we even got Orko/Adam and Captain Glenn. I could list out a couple of figures I personally would also have liked to see included, but pretty much the only thing we probably should have seen but didn't was a He-Man. If not for that, I'd rate the selection an A+

    Pricing: B+/A-
    In most cases, 10% off is better than Ebay, and 50% off for figures like MAA, Tri-Klops, and the Eternian Guards is amazing. Some people will complain about prices dropping after they made purchases Friday night, but only 11 of the initial 31 were still around when the prices dropped, so if you wanted to ensure you got the figures you wanted, you bought earlier and paid more, but if you didn't really care about possibly missing out or you just needed extra, you waited and paid less.

    Administration: C-
    Pages were a little wonky at times with items mysteriously disappearing or changing price occasionally, but otherwise the site was stable and I didn't see one complaint of a WSOD. I did have two issues though... 1) Setting the expectation to check back often was a bit annoying since the only time anything changed over the 96 hour weekend was the 8 hour period from 9am - 5pm PST Monday, and 2) the MUCH bigger complaint was the rollout on Monday. Putting up 1 or 2 figures at a time and then yanking them down so people got stuck with shipping every time they ordered only results in inefficiencies in the shipping process - more boxes for DR to pack, more cardboard in the garbage, and more money sucked from customers' wallets. Yes, the hourly rollout added some excitement, but why not leave the products up until the full rollout was done?

    All in all though, I'm happy with my haul, so THANK YOU MATTY!!! (And thanks to everyone who played along with me!!!)

  4. #2429
    Heroic Warrior Pesmerga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Milano
    Posts
    330
    Oooh damn! I missed on those great art prints!!! They're already sold out!! They were the sale!

  5. #2430
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    would you believe it!!!! My net crashed here at work and I wasn't able to get 2 Mo-Larr sets for my bro and I.
    Surprisingly I don't?

  6. #2431
    Heroic Warrior mossyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Thornville Oh
    Posts
    364
    wow I loved my first Cyber Monday on Matty Collector it was great!

  7. #2432
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,935
    when the sale started i quickly grabbed
    man-e-faces
    eternian guard set

    last day i seen everything was 50%. i was like !!
    i went ahead & bought
    2 more eternian guards
    ba teela
    vikor
    moss man
    bcat
    capt glenn
    weapon rack

    later i seen mer-man was up. i was like again!
    i searched each figure. i seen others that might have been on sale. tri-klops for & a few others. that too made me mad!

  8. #2433
    Heroic Warrior Havok1891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chestertown, MD
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    So if anyone still had any doubt, "Sold Out" is clearly a lie. I'd love to get a peek at Matty's SOP platform when it comes to this stuff. If they even HAVE an SOP.
    Are you new to matty? The sold out game took a while for me to catch on to when I first came to the site. Bless my heart, I honestly thought everything sold out on the website for at least 2 months.

  9. #2434
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    Surprisingly I don't?
    Huh? You dont believe my net crashed or that I was going to buy 2 sets of Mo-Larr?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  10. #2435
    Heroic Warrior Neil Ronie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    195
    Well this sale was one of the best things for me, it was a great opportunity to catch up on some of the more rare characters without relying on secondary prices. To me this sale was a success!

  11. #2436
    Heroic Warrior Havok1891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chestertown, MD
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Mangar View Post
    Since for some unknown reason I felt compelled to keep track of this along the way, figured I'd post a recap for anyone who slept through the weekend:

    All times PST, approximate, and based on when people were reporting them here...

    Wave 1 - Black Friday - Order of Unavailability:
    1 King Greyskull: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    2 Orko/Adam: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    3 Teela: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    4 Whiplash: 12:10am Fri (Sell Out)
    5 Scareglow: 12:30am Fri (Sell Out)
    6 Weapons Pak 1: 12:30am Fri (Sell Out)
    7 Weapons Pak 2: ??:??am Fri (Sell Out)
    8 Optikk: 9:45am Fri (Sell Out)
    9 Catra: 1:30pm Fri (Sell Out)
    10 Adora: 3:00pm Fri (Take Down)
    11 Beast Man: 3:00pm Fri (Take Down)
    12 Gygor: 3:00pm Fri (Take Down)
    13 King Hssss: 1:00pm Sat (Sell Out?)
    14 Faceless One: 1:30pm Sat (Sell Out?)
    15 Clawful: 2:00pm Sat (Sell Out?)
    16 Man-E-Faces: 4:00pm Sun (Sell Out?)
    17 BA Skeletor: 4:00pm Sun (Take Down?)
    18 Zodak: 4:00pm Sun (Take Down?)
    19 Bow: 5:00am Mon (Sell Out?)
    20 Vikor: 5:00am Mon (Sell Out?)
    21 Battle Cat: 9:00am Mon (Take Down?)
    22 Captain Glenn: 6:30pm Mon (Sell Out?)

    Survivors:
    Goddess
    Megator
    Mo-Larr/Skeletor
    Moss Man
    Eternian Guards
    Skeletor
    BG Teela
    Tytus
    Weapons Rack

    Figures Later Available at Lower Prices:
    Battle Cat: $27.00 --> $15.00
    Captain Glenn: $22.50 --> $12.50
    Goddess: $18.00 --> $10.00
    Megator: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Mo-Larr/Skeletor: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Moss Man: $18.00 --> $10.00
    Eternian Guards: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Skeletor: $18.00 --> $10.00
    BG Teela: $18.00 --> $10.00
    Tytus: $36.00 --> $20.00
    Weapons Rack: $10.80 --> $6.00

    Cyber Monday:

    Wave 2 - 9:00am Monday:
    Stratos: $18.00 (Removed 11:00am Mon)
    Man-At-Arms: $10.00 (Removed 11:00am Mon)

    Wave 3 - 10:00am Monday:
    Trap Jaw: $10.00 (Removed 12:00pm Mon)

    Wave 4 - 11:00am Monday:
    Keldor: $10.00 (Removed 2:30pm Mon)
    Faker: $18.00 (Removed 1:00pm Mon)

    Wave 5 - 12:00pm Monday:
    Webstor: $10.00 (Removed 2:30pm Mon)

    Wave 6 - 1:00pm Monday:
    Mer-Man: $18.00 (Removed 3:45pm Mon)

    Wave 7 - 2:30pm Monday:
    Tri-Klops: $10.00 (Removed 4:45pm Mon)

    ----------------------------------------

    My thoughts:

    Selection: A
    As someone who only started collecting in August, this sale brought me to around three quarters complete with the line. (Don't ask what I spent!) Just about everything folks have been asking to see reissued for the past few months showed up at some point - Tri-Klops, Eternian Guards, Teela, Man-At-Arms, etc, plus we even got Orko/Adam and Captain Glenn. I could list out a couple of figures I personally would also have liked to see included, but pretty much the only thing we probably should have seen but didn't was a He-Man. If not for that, I'd rate the selection an A+

    Pricing: B+/A-
    In most cases, 10% off is better than Ebay, and 50% off for figures like MAA, Tri-Klops, and the Eternian Guards is amazing. Some people will complain about prices dropping after they made purchases Friday night, but only 11 of the initial 31 were still around when the prices dropped, so if you wanted to ensure you got the figures you wanted, you bought earlier and paid more, but if you didn't really care about possibly missing out or you just needed extra, you waited and paid less.

    Administration: C-
    Pages were a little wonky at times with items mysteriously disappearing or changing price occasionally, but otherwise the site was stable and I didn't see one complaint of a WSOD. I did have two issues though... 1) Setting the expectation to check back often was a bit annoying since the only time anything changed over the 96 hour weekend was the 8 hour period from 9am - 5pm PST Monday, and 2) the MUCH bigger complaint was the rollout on Monday. Putting up 1 or 2 figures at a time and then yanking them down so people got stuck with shipping every time they ordered only results in inefficiencies in the shipping process - more boxes for DR to pack, more cardboard in the garbage, and more money sucked from customers' wallets. Yes, the hourly rollout added some excitement, but why not leave the products up until the full rollout was done?

    All in all though, I'm happy with my haul, so THANK YOU MATTY!!! (And thanks to everyone who played along with me!!!)
    Excellent break down.

    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Ronie View Post
    Well this sale was one of the best things for me, it was a great opportunity to catch up on some of the more rare characters without relying on secondary prices. To me this sale was a success!
    Yes, must remember to hold off on many purchases in 2012, may as well wait for this weekend.
    Last edited by Havok1891; November 29, 2011 at 03:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #2437
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Huh? You dont believe my net crashed or that I was going to buy 2 sets of Mo-Larr?
    I didn't believe your net had crashed, while some people hate on the set, it isn't bad and for $20 it was a good deal. So your internet was down all day until just after 12:00am PT? Because the MoLarr set has been available all day for $20?

  13. #2438
    Heroic Warrior Tyger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    786
    This was a fun thread, I'm finally off to bed

    I picked up a couple Palace Guard sets that I didn't have at the awesome 50% discount! I missed out on Teela, waited too long on Tri-Klops, and was just looking for another order to pick up an extra Skeletor and Weapons Rack. For what it's worth if anyone from Mattel reads this thread I would of bought more product today without all the games. I just couldn't justify paying full shipping costs one figure at a time even with the discounts, and checking the site constantly was a grind. Oh well I'm still happy and looking forward to my guard packs, they'll look great with my new Wind Raider!

  14. #2439
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,292
    No man, in the last 10 minutes of the sale. I was waiting to see if the price would drop then the power went out.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  15. #2440
    Heroic Warrior BergerKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Central PA
    Posts
    201
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok1891 View Post
    Are you new to matty? The sold out game took a while for me to catch on to when I first came to the site. Bless my heart, I honestly thought everything sold out on the website for at least 2 months.
    Not new, but never really gave it much thought. I think the only thing I ever missed out on and had to get secondary was Faker. I think. So its not something I've really had to deal with. I was mostly referring to references I saw today where people were like "Sell out?"

  16. #2441
    Heroic Warrior Havok1891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chestertown, MD
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I didn't believe your net had crashed, while some people hate on the set, it isn't bad and for $20 it was a good deal. So your internet was down all day until just after 12:00am PT? Because the MoLarr set has been available all day for $20?
    Oh come on, just relax, he is trying to be pleasant and have fun. It isn't the best joke, but it isn't like he is trying to spread a negative vibe.

  17. #2442
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok1891 View Post
    Yes, must remember to hold off on many purchases in 2012, may as well wait for this weekend.
    I don't know if this will be like this next year, this sale tells you exactly why re-issues of new characters is coming to an end and why production of figures will be reduced. Mattel has been sitting on a number of extras, some have been poor selling re-issues others leftover customer service stock where they obviously had few returns for.

  18. #2443
    Heroic Warrior Havok1891's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Chestertown, MD
    Posts
    280
    Quote Originally Posted by BergerKing View Post
    Not new, but never really gave it much thought. I think the only thing I ever missed out on and had to get secondary was Faker. I think. So its not something I've really had to deal with. I was mostly referring to references I saw today where people were like "Sell out?"
    Yeah, the "sell out" label bothers me. It often seems to mean "unavailable at this time," meaning you will get a chance at it again someday.

    "Gone for Good" is the real sold out, if you ask me.

    I just can't imagine owning a business and liting stuff as sold out when I pulled it from the sales. I would feel like a liar.

    I understand why they do it, its marketing and all that and it probably gets them the profits a business wants. But it isn't something I'd do.

    Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    I don't know if this will be like this next year, this sale tells you exactly why re-issues of new characters is coming to an end and why production of figures will be reduced. Mattel has been sitting on a number of extras, some have been poor selling re-issues others leftover customer service stock where they obviously had few returns for.
    True true, we will see. I will still buy things I really want on the first sale date, like the wind raider. But certain figures like Buzz Off types will get to wait.

    Oh, I am finished believing Mattel's statements. They've been too inaccurate in the past, so inaccurate sometimes that it borders on being a flat out lie. Teela & Orko showed up for this sale, I thought that was like impossible. Sure they were in very small numbers, but they were there.

    I will take my chances on that sort of thing happening in the future.
    Last edited by Havok1891; November 29, 2011 at 03:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  19. #2444
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok1891 View Post
    Yes, must remember to hold off on many purchases in 2012, may as well wait for this weekend.
    I don't know if that's such a good idea, guys. I mean, I encouraged everyone to wait for Cyber Monday because of higher discounts (Matty's fine print was basically the main indication they were going to pull a Ghostbusters Halloween sale), but who knows if they will do this next year...and if they DO, it probably won't be all the 2012 figures.

    Teela, Man-At-Arms and Scareglow were from 2009, for example. If they do one next year, it might be mainly 2010 stuff.

    Also, 2012 is going to have much fewer figures produced than any year. Lowest sub sales, decreased production. That means Mattel will have less customer service replacement stock. So, if they DO happen to do a sale like this again, all the 2012 figures might go as quick as the first release Teela.

    There's a lot to think about. Also, if a lot of people start to wait to buy items when they have sales like this, it could end the MOTUC line.

    I have a sub and only buy extras if I absolutely need them. This sale was great for me for cheap bodies for customs.

    I'm not trying to sway anyone one way or another. There are lots of things to consider. Especially if a sale like this doesn't happen and then you have to pay a lot more on the secondary market (higher prices & no combined shipping).

    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    No man, in the last 10 minutes of the sale. I was waiting to see if the price would drop then the power went out.
    Stuff like that happens to me, too! Hopefully there will be cheap ones from people on the .org for sale!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  20. #2445
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok1891 View Post
    Oh come on, just relax, he is trying to be pleasant and have fun. It isn't the best joke, but it isn't like he is trying to spread a negative vibe.
    Umm I was being serious...
    I was really going to buy it at the last minute but my power here at work crashed for the last 15 minutes of the sale
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  21. #2446
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,912
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    No man, in the last 10 minutes of the sale. I was waiting to see if the price would drop then the power went out.
    Well that does indeed suck then, I thought you were joking. But I would have guessed that 50% off was the best they were going to be offered for this day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok1891 View Post
    Oh come on, just relax, he is trying to be pleasant and have fun. It isn't the best joke, but it isn't like he is trying to spread a negative vibe.
    Dude I was joking with my 1st response, then he seemed serious to my response, so i was just seeing why he was unable to order?

  22. #2447
    It says ICEMAN oICEMANo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Cape Town, South Africa
    Posts
    9,292
    True but who would have guessed that the GB figs would have gone down to $8 at the last sale... I couldn't help but wait to see.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

  23. #2448
    Heroic HamStar Minion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cambridge, England
    Posts
    965
    Have to admit that the crazy night time additions from Mattel were quite exciting. Nothing to tempt me as i'd already got a spare Webstor and Tri-klops super cheap at NYCC, but still very cool.

    The sale allowed me to pick up custom fodder as well as spare Battlecats and Skeletors to give to my 1-2 yr old nephews when they're old enough - want to keep the MOTU love alive in the next generation.

  24. #2449
    Heroic Warrior byinfernoslight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    1,099
    Had my first dispatch email - bizarrely for the palace guards I ordered late on Monday and not the stuff I ordered first thing Friday. Are they working through the orders backwards?

  25. #2450
    Widget
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    24
    Here is what I managed the get:
    Battle Armor Skeletor
    Bow $10
    Bow $18, gonna ebay it, when it arrives.
    Captain Glenn
    Weapons Rack
    Eternian Palace Guards
    Faker
    Man-at-Arms
    Man-E-Faces
    Trap Jaw

    I tried to order Tri-Klops on my phone, from work, but the order wouldn't go through. It's a good job I get paid tomorrow, because this sale has cost me US$235.65, or £151.60 in real money. And I thought Battleground
    Evil-Lyn/Wind Raider was gonna be the most expensive month of this year, for me.

    EDIT
    I got shipping notifications for everyone but Faker, Man-at-Arms and Trap Jaw, so far.
    Last edited by rowie4life; November 29, 2011 at 04:18am.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •