Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swift Winds right wing

Swift Winds right wing

anyone else have a hard time putting in his right wing, one pops right in, the other won't go no matter how hard you push, is there a trick to it?

on the wing it looks like a peg, it matches the hole where the wing goes.

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    The wings have two different connectors to tell right from left. I would check the little pegs at the tip of the connector and make sure that you have 2 different sized ones. My left wing was really hard to push in the first time, but now is fine.

yeah i know, one of them goes in right away, but the other one with the peg in the end won't go in, nothings broke on it, it depends on how you look at it, if you're facing it then i guess it's the left one, but it's right wing overall. anyone have any tips?

i had a pain with my left wing i just pushed REALLY hard and got it in...but it still pops out from time to time. if you can't get it in i would call matty

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

It seems wings may be an issue; personally, I wish the wings were permanent.

I thought this was a thread about Swift Wind's political views!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Swifty does loathe Big Government... I haven't gotten my wifey to open mine yet. We'll see... Now I'm worried!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I thought this was a thread about Swift Wind's political views!
    Then we'd make Swift Wind post them in the Tar Swamp.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

The left wing on my SW pops right off when I rotate it. Weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i had a pain with my left wing i just pushed REALLY hard and got it in...but it still pops out from time to time. if you can't get it in i would call matty
    same here.

i haven't had it pop out tho and i've moved it around quite a bit.

Got my SWIFT WIND today. The left wing doesn't stay in and the right one snapped off two of the three tabs that hold it in as soon as I put in in. And they're not on the wrong sides (the pegs have a little "L" and "R" on them). This is the first time I've had any quality control issues with this line. Super annoying though.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I STRONGLY suggest emailing Digital River and calling them... and getting a replacement.

I also suggest posting over in the Matty Forums. Toyguru will NOT acknowledge this unless we do the job: take pics of the broken pieces, post videos demonstrating the problem, and/or call/email Digital River.

This may be a design issue... not a sculpt thing.

There have been some issues with design for a while now... design being the transition from prototype sculpt to funtioning toy.

Swift Wind, Hurricane Hordak, Flipshot (visor, flappy wings on the jet-pack), King Hssss shoulders, Roboto shoulders, Marlena heads looking SEVERELY down, unsealed paint on the Leech body (no, I don't believe the green and red paint is supposed to be matte and scratchable), Man-E-Faces heads not fitting exactly right, etc.

I'm afraid for when the Sorceress is released!

I don't mind some of these things, and I think Terry and whoever else works on design do a great job for the most part. I just think more attention needs to be paid, or perhaps some more experience needs to be brought in... we are paying a premium on these figures.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Swiftwind's left wing was really tough to get in there, but both are in there for good. I pulled the wing out and that was tough to the point where I thought I broke it, so I won't be doing that again.

I did make sure the shape of the peg was lined up with the hole and pushed really hard to be sure that it was in there as far as possible. I don't know if that could be a problem with some of the wings that are falling out since it did require a ridiculous amount of force. I can definitely see how broken tabs can easily happen.

Since the wings are so similar aside from the subtle curve, I wonder if anyone got stuck with a pair of identical wings instead of a proper set. It's possible that some may have been packaged with the wings on the wrong side, too. I guess those could be things to look out for. Good luck with exchanges for those who need it. Thankfully, Matty was very good about replacing my cracked Roboto.

Both of mine were really tough to get in, but now that they're in, they're in there GOOD and tight, and after hearing about everyone's issues, I'm feeling pretty lucky about that!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Immediately after I opened SWIFT WIND and he broke, I phoned Matty and spoke with a representative. They assured me that they would contact me within 48 hours with instructions on getting a replacement. I've waited patiently and... NOTHING. I understand that quality control may have problems from time to time, and while aggravating, I don't let it bother me much. But saying that you'll do something and then not following through is just not acceptable in any area of life. If one needs more time for promised action, then the least one can do is inform the waiting party that more time is required.

So Mattel: BIG FAT ****ING FAIL!!!
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!

Yeah all of mine were hard to get in but once I got them in they functioned fine, its weird because the left wing went in without problem.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Oh, and by the way, I just checked and mine has two right legs in the front as well. Matty better resolve this. Not happy with their customer service right now.

I had the same problem, but If you analyze the peg and the slot, you can see that the peg has to be turned a certain way for it to go in.

Check to see if the tabs inside the hole are broken. That's what happened to the left wing on my Swiftwind. The wing will stay in if I don't move it.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    EMBARRASSING QUESTION :

Will the Griffin have the same connectors, hence the same problems with his wings ?

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    EMBARRASSING QUESTION :

Will the Griffin have the same connectors, hence the same problems with his wings ?
    That goes without saying, considering their past track record...and Griffin is so far into the production phases...they will say it's too late to change anything.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It's not a problem, it's just that the peg has to be turned a certain way to fit in. This helps keep it from slipping out so easily. Examine the hole closely and you can see how it's supposed to fit in. My post above addresses this.

Heroic Warrior
    "Not a problem" !?

Go tell that to those who got a Swiftwind with a broken wing...

Because there's not only the connectors' problem. There's ALSO the fact that some Swiftwind figures arrived with a broken wing !

I sure hope the Griffin won't suffer from the same flaw.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Swifty does loathe Big Government...
    Yeah! Down with Randor and Marlena!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    "Not a problem" !?

Go tell that to those who got a Swiftwind with a broken wing...

Because there's not only the connectors' problem. There's ALSO the fact that some Swiftwind figures arrived with a broken wing !

I sure hope the Griffin won't suffer from the same flaw.
    Oh I didn't hear about broken wings. I thought it was just an issue of not getting the wing to fit easily. That's what I saw when I skimmed the posts. I posted the answer to the fitting problem, but no one seemed to bothered to read my post, so I reiterated. I'd be miffed if my Swifty's wing was broken but CS has been good about replacing broken products for me in the past. I hate having to wait for a replacment, but it's usually free anyway.