Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swift Winds right wing

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    same here.

i haven't had it pop out tho and i've moved it around quite a bit.
    I had a hard time too, but the wing doesn't pop out at all.

I fought with those wings for 5 minutes, after resting a minute, they just popped in, with a snapping sound and all. After that I put him on the shelf with She-ra on top and have not touched him since.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    It's not a problem, it's just that the peg has to be turned a certain way to fit in. This helps keep it from slipping out so easily. Examine the hole closely and you can see how it's supposed to fit in. My post above addresses this.
    You are incorrect. I spotted the hexagonal shape of the peg and hole, and was extremely careful to align it properly before attempting to push it in, and it still broke.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    You are incorrect. I spotted the hexagonal shape of the peg and hole, and was extremely careful to align it properly before attempting to push it in, and it still broke.
    I see. I wasn't made aware of the breakage problem until after I wrote that. Somehow I missed that, and only saw about the insertion problem. That really stinks though.

My Swift Wind, will be entombed mint in his box, so if there are any problems I will never be aware of them...unless one day in the far future I decide to remove him...then the yelling and throwing things will occur then..but for now, my blood pressure will be fine.

But it sucks to know there are so many issues with this friggin Equine....I mean really? my first POP and my first big POP buys, and the whitemare is a nightmare, and already due for the glue....
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I had some trouble to fit the left wing (the one marked with 'L') into the socket but it is ok now. The legs on my Swiftwind are ok as well.

All my legs are okay, but the tabs broke out of the wing socket, so the wing falls out if it is not in one position.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    It's not a problem, it's just that the peg has to be turned a certain way to fit in. This helps keep it from slipping out so easily. Examine the hole closely and you can see how it's supposed to fit in. My post above addresses this.
    Same here...

Just slowly roate and it'll pop in like the other.

Hopefully, those who think that there's never anything wrong think this is a big enough problem, since the leg issue isn't "important" enough for some people.

Sorry, those of you who were really looking forward to Swiftwind- a broken wing would be a real pain.

I've now made four calls to customer service, and have received NOTHING!!! No replacement, no call, no email within 48-72 hours. I'm beginning to wonder if they're doing this on purpose just to have a laugh. Such incompetence cannot be accidental, or am I just underestimating laziness? Whatever it is has me super-******, and I'm tired of being civil to the representatives I speak to when nothing changes no matter how many times I call.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    I've now made four calls to customer service, and have received NOTHING!!! No replacement, no call, no email within 48-72 hours. I'm beginning to wonder if they're doing this on purpose just to have a laugh. Such incompetence cannot be accidental, or am I just underestimating laziness? Whatever it is has me super-******, and I'm tired of being civil to the representatives I speak to when nothing changes no matter how many times I call.
    Have any of the reps you talked to created a "ticket" for your replacement and given you a number for it?
    I don't understand how you can talk to four different people and none of them have done anything.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Both of my Swifty's wings are tight and fit perfectly, glad to see.

wow

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I thought this was a thread about Swift Wind's political views!
    very very clever joke!

Swift Wind's wings...how do I get 'em in?

Mods, please feel free to merge this with any thread that is already discussing this.

I finally got around to opening Swift Wind, and I know that there have been discussions about the left wing popping out right away. For me, both wings popped out, and I cannot for the life of me get them back in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Read my book: True Confessions of a Fanboy www.truefanboy.com

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Use the hair dryer for about 1 minute to soften the plastic, one of my wings wouldnt pop in so i used the hair dryer, popped in easy and no dramas since.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I pressed it in really really hard and haven't had a problem since.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMarvel fan View Post
    I pressed it in really really hard and haven't had a problem since.
    That's the method I tried too, so I guess I'll have to give the hair dryer a shot...thanks!

just want to make sure you know that the wings are not interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    just want to make sure you know that the wings are not interchangeable.
    Yup! I saw that one slot has a hole for one peg and the other has no hole (just a space) for the other.

Heroic Warrior
    I had a problem getting Swifty's left wing in (the one that's in the back in the package), but I was actually able to fix it! This was a complete shock to me, as I'm about the least handy person around. But, maybe this will help other people out, provided I can describe the prcedure with enough accuracy.

The first thing is that I'm pretty sure that both wing slots should look the same. When I looked at the front wing slot, it's hexagonal, with six 'panels' and a hole in the center. There should be a gap between every two hexagonal panels - that is, you should have space-panel-panel-space-panel-panel-space-panel-panel. The spaces let the the panels to flex and allow the wing to pop into the slot.

The problem with my back wing slot was that the spaces between the hexagonal panels weren't spaces - they had a thin membrane of plastic between them. It was like there was leakage in the mold, and some plastic escaped to form a film where there should be spaces. This film was what had prevented the panels from flexing and the wing from popping in.

So, what I did was take an Xacto knife and just cut the plastic film in the spaces, so that the back wing socket now looked like the front wing socket. And in popped the back wing, slicker than a whistle! My Swiftwind's had his wings in and positioned vertically for the last month without issue, so I'm optimistically classifying this as an effective fix, at least for my Swiftwind's issue.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share, in case this might fix somebody else's Swiftwind out there, too.

thank you sir!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    I had a problem getting Swifty's left wing in (the one that's in the back in the package), but I was actually able to fix it! This was a complete shock to me, as I'm about the least handy person around. But, maybe this will help other people out, provided I can describe the prcedure with enough accuracy.

The first thing is that I'm pretty sure that both wing slots should look the same. When I looked at the front wing slot, it's hexagonal, with six 'panels' and a hole in the center. There should be a gap between every two hexagonal panels - that is, you should have space-panel-panel-space-panel-panel-space-panel-panel. The spaces let the the panels to flex and allow the wing to pop into the slot.

The problem with my back wing slot was that the spaces between the hexagonal panels weren't spaces - they had a thin membrane of plastic between them. It was like there was leakage in the mold, and some plastic escaped to form a film where there should be spaces. This film was what had prevented the panels from flexing and the wing from popping in.

So, what I did was take an Xacto knife and just cut the plastic film in the spaces, so that the back wing socket now looked like the front wing socket. And in popped the back wing, slicker than a whistle! My Swiftwind's had his wings in and positioned vertically for the last month without issue, so I'm optimistically classifying this as an effective fix, at least for my Swiftwind's issue.

Anyhow, I just thought I'd share, in case this might fix somebody else's Swiftwind out there, too.
    OH wow... that fits so much better! thanks or the tip!
    But we mustn't dwell. No, not today. We Can't! Not on Rex Manning Day!