View Poll Results: Horde Troopers-how many would you buy?

Voters
193. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-4

117 60.62%
  • 5-8

39 20.21%
  • 9-12

25 12.95%
  • More than 12

12 6.22%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Horde Troopers-How many would you buy?

Filmation fan & proud redsquadron's Avatar
    Two. Not enough shelf space for any more. I only bought two Palace Guard sets and one loose to use as an officer for the same reason.
    I survived the 2013 sub ordeal!
    "We achieved the impossible, and that makes us MIGHTY" (Mal Reynolds, captain of Serenity)

I would buy at LEAST 5 "2-pak's" of Horde Troopers so I could have me a little army of 10 of them, may buy more than that later on the secondary markets in lighter/slower months.

Heroic Warrior
    8 is the very minimum. Due to the size of MOTUC, probobly not over 14 (unless some great deals arise).

Snappy Threader
    Probably two sets if they were in two packs.....

Yea they would have to be in two packs because all of the Army Builders would buy them up and leave nothing left....

They have to crank the production up on these figures I personally hate figures like this for one reason and one reason only that too many people have to buy 50-100 of them for their "dioramas" when they know it's a collector line that is LIMITED...Don't be greedy and only get a couple..that's what's going to happen I think with these guys...

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Colder Soldier View Post
    8 is the very minimum. Due to the size of MOTUC, probobly not over 14 (unless some great deals arise).
    Yeah, I think around 9-11 are good numbers to let them look like an army... I don`t think 100 would do the Horde a favor...

My army-builder rule of thumb is to just get four of one type. It's a nice, manageable amount that's easy on my budget and very doable. Also, both the Palace Guards and Snake Men featured four unique headsculpts so it's nice to show them all off. In the case of Horde Troopers, though, I hope that they're all uniform. I'd be upset if each set has a battle damaged trooper or something weird.

Ten would be the perfect amount for me...this way I could do an army shot, and photoshop them to about 50 for pics/poses.

Well for me 12. I want 10 troopers, He-Man in disguise & "Ha, I just took yer baby" Hordak.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Limited space, and the fact that I would prefer Skeletor's robot minions and/or skeleton soldiers means I'd be buying just one pack...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!