Thread: Motuc custom stratos

Beasts were made to kill Mamblo's Avatar

Motuc custom stratos

Not sure about furry feet but still better than its original feet

Keeper of secrets beyond the legends's Avatar
    Very nice!!! Not crazy about the pose, but awesome work and paint skills!! I get that you are showing off how u painted the knee joints though too so that is sweet! Must Have details about how you switched the belt and added the wings, did you just use the boil method for all the leg parts?
    Look for my designs on Deviant art. I am under Octobersdream. Will do commissions of anything, original to recreating any older line. Also needing POP stuff and some MoTU things aswell.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Very nice, good job.

Thank you guys.

I used the boiled water system for the belt and legs, while the wings has been glued and tooled!
    It also have a grabbin hand!!!

Here another picture

i like the feet, i'd prefer beastmans over cc's but i think it's great.
    Last edited by stprime; November 11, 2011 at 10:24am.
    HELP Daniel (masque) Benedict with his He-Man Fan Film "Fall of Grayskull" Kickstarter campaign!
    WATCH the youtube video.
    DONATE to his Kickstarter project!!
    VISIT He-ManFilm.com to find out more.

Part Needs
    : MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

Movie mayhem!
    That is almost the exact 2nd version of Stratos I'd like to see them do in MOTUC

some better pics

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Awesome job man.

You know, its funny, but Stratos is like the one character with the three toed feet would make sense, and yet, Mattel stuck with standard feet.

I love the idea of Carnivus' feet, but I think I would stick with BM's if I could. However, this is what I am talking about. This is what they could do for 2002 designs. It is IN the classics style, but has parts that resemble the 2002 series. I think I am going to use your pictures as reference for whenever someone says, "The super ultra highly anime detailed" designs are gone and we are using the Classics design.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

If Mattel made this as a "Battleground Stratos" I'd buy him...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Very interesting. This is part of an interesting trend I'm seeing. The 200X fans will get their figures one way or another! Nice work.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    nicely done!

i'm waiting for demo man to be released next year so i can use his feet for this very same custom.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Now this Stratos I would want! I dont even own him because I really dislike the one we got. Just too many parts , sock feet, the crazy feathers on his arm, his fur lioncloth when he's feathered..that don't make sense to me. I dunno just very difficult to imagine him a flying based being. The 200X totally made him believable for me. I love the wings, lioncloth and the CC feet. I think they're less flat looking than beastmans, elongated his legs. I may do this for myself....how'd you do the whole wing thing though?

Quote Originally Posted by kalel0201 View Post
    Now this Stratos I would want! I dont even own him because I really dislike the one we got. Just too many parts , sock feet, the crazy feathers on his arm, his fur lioncloth when he's feathered..that don't make sense to me. I dunno just very difficult to imagine him a flying based being. The 200X totally made him believable for me. I love the wings, lioncloth and the CC feet. I think they're less flat looking than beastmans, elongated his legs. I may do this for myself....how'd you do the whole wing thing though?

Thank you all folks.

Kalel, I replace the stratos parts with trap-jaw shins and chief carnivous feet (beast man feet are the best) by dipping them in boiling water. The same thing for the lyncloth, which it came from the 200x stratos. The flipping wings came from the 200x stratos as well, I cut the motuc stratos wings from the armbands and I glued on them the 200x wings pegs. And that's it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the control pipes from the 200x stratos as I didn't knew where to attached them on the classics jetpack! At least I add a grabbing rigth hand though.

Heroic Master of Magic kalel0201's Avatar
    Cool. So I guess i need me a 200X Stratos! Oh n a MOTUC....n a extra beastman.....blast! THATS LIKE 90 BUCKS...argh.

It's really unfair, Mattel shall have to do this figure for us. They know what we want and I don't understand why they are pushing for the classics style which is so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    Thank you all folks.

Kalel, I replace the stratos parts with trap-jaw shins and chief carnivous feet (beast man feet are the best) by dipping them in boiling water. The same thing for the lyncloth, which it came from the 200x stratos. The flipping wings came from the 200x stratos as well, I cut the motuc stratos wings from the armbands and I glued on them the 200x wings pegs. And that's it. Unfortunately I wasn't able to add the control pipes from the 200x stratos as I didn't knew where to attached them on the classics jetpack! At least I add a grabbing rigth hand though.
    How did you get the loin cloths off without cutting them?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Great work. The pic with him spreading his wings really sells it for me.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How did you get the loin cloths off without cutting them?
    I cut it but later I learnt that the best is to dip it in the boiling water, and you don't even need to cut anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamblo View Post
    I cut it but later I learnt that the best is to dip it in the boiling water, and you don't even need to cut anything.
    How? There is a plastic piece connector that is inbetween loincloth, so you have to cut it to get it around that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How? There is a plastic piece connector that is inbetween loincloth, so you have to cut it to get it around that.
    They stretch over his legs when it's hot, just like tight underpants. Here's a figure I made using the same part: