Thread: Pre-Filmation Mini-Comic Alcala Style He-Man

Pre-Filmation Mini-Comic Alcala Style He-Man

I'm really excited about the Alcala Skeletor head we're getting but he really needed a worthy adversary. So here's my Alcala He-Man...

More pics and info here...

http://insidiouscustoms.blogspot.com...on-alcala.html

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    WOW! Very nice!!! I like it!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Heroic Warrior
    I also like it. Although, I think the hair should be longer. Great job!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Uh, outside of colors, I don't see a difference honestly. Yeah, I see the arm differences, but that is about it. How is that Grayskull's body? How did you even get Grayskull's body to go with He-Man's loincloth without cutting it?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

looks like his wig is on to tall but other then that cool

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    I like it. Great job!

The part selection is superb!
    BUT... The colors seem a bit off here and there.
    I'll start with the boots: The Top should be a bit more yellowish color... Maybe a slight wash.
    The Mini comic Harness is lighter, but with a more blueish hue. Other than that It's a freaking sweet figure!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The position of the hair on this particular head was way too high. I'll be sure to fix it before Skeletor's head arrives.

As for how I did it; a lot of soaking in hot water. The trunks are always the hardest part to swap without cutting but I've managed to do it several times now with a little elbow grease, pliers, and a screwdriver.

As far as the colors being slightly off, my goal was to make a no-paint custom with this one...so I can live with the slight differences. The boot tops look even more white on some of the original package paintings so I'll say it's partly an homage to those as well.

Thanks for the comments, gang. I'm putting the finishing touches on my MOTUC Ninjor over the holiday. He is a lot more involved than this one including cutting, sculpting, painting, and even a custom sewn shirt with a new iron on dragon I designed based on the original. Look for pics on my blog soon.

Oh, I see... well for a no-paint part swapped fig, he IS perfect... On the Dagger: The only thing that I think could work would be to make a custom dagger Option 1 involves butchering a WP Sword with a Custom hilt. Sadly that would require paint... The other would be a 3d print of the Sword of Ages by SpyMonkey, but in dagger size...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    nice use of the pd he-man parts.

clean & simple.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    As for how I did it; a lot of soaking in hot water. The trunks are always the hardest part to swap without cutting but I've managed to do it several times now with a little elbow grease, pliers, and a screwdriver.
    How is that possible though? There is a giant piece of plastic between the loinclogh that blocks it from sliding out.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How is that possible though? There is a giant piece of plastic between the loinclogh that blocks it from sliding out.
    Trunks get soft and stretchy when they're hot. Pull them off with pliers. The trickier part is getting them back on. Hmmm...maybe a tutorial is in order? Probably won't be anytime soon as I'm booked solid with commissions. Be sure to follow my blog so you don't miss it!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    yeah they are a bit tricky to pull off w/o tearing them. if the plastic gets soft enough and you do it quick and your patient you can take them off and put them back on pretty easily.

i used to slit them up the side, but trying to glue them together is always a pain - i rather do it this way instead!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback