Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the window box effect your purchases.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar

Will the window box effect your purchases.

Seeing that the Wind Raider is due next month i was hoping when it was revealed there was going to be a window for displaying purposes for MOC collectors. So if your a MOC collector and a loose collector will you still buy 2 of the wind raider or just the 1 wind raider, open it up and re-glue the flap back down

Me personally im still going to buy 2 but was thinking of just buying the 1, i do believe it will effect sales a little bit, i still believe that the wind raider will sell like hot cakes but as xmas approaches people may just buy the 1 to save funds.

At first when the talk of vechiles was around i first thought of the cost of the vechile plus shipping and so on but the 4HM done a beautiful job on the WR plus the stand that comes with it is a loose collectors dream, im really excited for more vechiles even if it is in 2013.

What are your thoughts
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Warrior
    When I heard about the 'no vehicles' situation, I thought it was odd that the decision was made before being able to judge the success of Wind Raider. I have a feeling WR is going to be a major hit. Everybody seems to love the prototype Battle Ram, and many of us would love to see the other major vehicles too (Attak Trak and Talon Fighter).

Regarding the lack of a display window - it doesn't bother me because I don't display boxed figures; I display loose ones. Boxed figures stay boxed for some future use that I haven't decided upon yet. So I will probably be buying my usual quantity of two - one for opening and one for taking up storage space I don't have.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

i'm getting one instead of two bcs of how it will look MOC.

I am getting me a windraider as well but mine will be opened for sure and then put back when I am done displaying it.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

I have to admit, I don´t know yet if I will keep one MIB, as with the no-window-box, you just cannot tell when on display.
    However, I am going to buy me at least 3 Wind Raiders and another one for my brother in law. Depending on the disposable funds, I might order even more.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

i think i'll only buy the box (initially)

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's exactly how it was packed in the old days, so I don't see the problem. A lot of toys are made in solid boxes, which always brings this up in my mind:

I knew a collector who was a bit of a braggart years ago ,and in this case he was expounding upon his latest acquisition, a sealed, MIB monster model, a first issue Frankenstein from Aurora. He finally got on my nerves enough that I said, "So you have a mint, unassembled Franky model in a sealed box, right?' He proudly beamed, "Yes." My reply: "If it's in a sealed box, how do you know?"

He didn't talk to me for a long time after that...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    Will the window box effect your purchases?
    No........
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

You can literally buy one Wind Raider and display it MOC and loose at the same time.

I originally had a deal with myself NOT to buy any vehicles to save a bit of money. It was only after seeing the box art that I decided to rethink that. I'll be keeping mine MOC.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    I will buy one to open. Maybe I will sell the box..?

I'll be getting 2 at least. The boxart is pretty badass. I'm pretty excited for the WR!

I'd love to get one, but BG EL is all I can get next month, I have my sons 2nd birthday, and Christmas...so can't lose the extra $45...I would really love one though...but if I could, i'd get one, and leave it MISB....wouldn't bother me one bit. I kind of wish that the thing didn't wait so close to Christmas to be released...sucks, same goes for Granymyr, next year....$80 that close to the Holidays...will not work for me...not that I wanted him anyway...but had I, I would be aggravated.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

master of hiphop
    just one for me... but it's staying locked up in the box.. serving life
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Hopefully 2. I'm a MOC guy too. But this WR will be awesome being displayed.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    EGADS!! How could anyone keep that bad MAMMAJAMMA in the box??? The box art is amazing but all my MOTUC stuff is opened and displayed loose. Im hoping to get 1 on sale day but Im scurred its gonna be an OLD SCHOOL quick sell out for the Windraider
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

as usual I believe buying more than one of any of these things, unless it's like an army builder or multiple people use it, ect, is maddness. One to open or one MOC. No reason at all to have both.

So same thing goes here. Frankly you can put it back in, the MINT part of mint on card gets me too, as unless you are a reseller or plan to sell them eventually (which is of course reprehensible to me) you can open especially boxes safely enough and sometimes you want to touch it, but it does look better displayed in the box. My Lion O classic figure is cool, but he does look better (for now at least) in his box. Took em out, checked him out for defects, ect. Played with him a bit (posing, ect). Put him in.

Certainly not crazy (or wealthy) enough to buy 2 of those for that purpose. Open, check, close.

I think the Windraider will look very cool outside and hovering on it's awesome stand. But the box I will keep. It is good looking, and I may want to put it back in eventually.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    just one for me... but it's staying locked up in the box.. serving life
    You dang ultra-conservative right-wing Canucknuckleheads! The Wind Raider's only crime was being born awesome!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I feel horrible for all the little figures and vehicles that are trapped in their plastic and cardboard prison cells. When I see folks collections and all their toys are still in the original packaging, I get struck with an uncontrollable urge to cut them open and say "You're free! Run away now, and live your toy life to its fullest! Go make some kid happy instead of being tortured by a sadistic adult collector who only wants to keep you chained up so you'll be worth more money some day!"

Don't get me wrong, I cringe when someone rips into a beautiful vintage or modern blister card or box just to get to the figure and ends up destroying the packaging. Even when I was a kid, I would carefully cut the plastic from the card back with a pen knife so that I could keep the file cards intact.

But on the other hand,once when I was debating on whether or not I should open the MOC Rio Blast that I had just picked up off Ebay, my wife (a Barbie collector) gave me some good motivation when she said "Dolls are kept in a box. Action figures are meant to be opened and displayed. You're not a doll collector, are you?"

No baby, no I'm not.
    1 of 200 active He-Man.org members.

Heroic Warrior
    Won't be effecting my decision!

I'm really glad it was a closed box with artwork. I like the story the artwork tells and it reminds me of the old packages. Though, it won't affect my purchase either way.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Not a fan of window boxes, but it won't affect my purchases...
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You dang ultra-conservative right-wing Canucknuckleheads! The Wind Raider's only crime was being born awesome!
    you know how i roll life in Canada is like 4 years but still it's gonna serve multipul life sentences

that bad boy will remain sealed and locked up, no escape i tell ya... no escape
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    One to open or one MOC. No reason at all to have both.
    Unless you like the way both MOC and loose look on display. Toys are like Reeses', there's no wrong way to collect toys.

Anyway, the window will not affect my purchasing habits at all.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Won't affect my purchase. I am going for somewhere between 3 and 5...I have like 16 Eternian Guards now, and I think they look pretty cool in a wind raider...