Thread: Mysterious Tribal Warrior: Masters of the Universe Magazine #15

Mysterious Tribal Warrior: Masters of the Universe Magazine #15

Hello,

Does anyone own issue #15 of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Magazine? There is supposedly a page on the inside featuring a Tribal Warrior joined by He-Man, which I've been dying to see. If you own the magazine, could you please scan and post an image of this character? I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you!

This is the cover of the issue in question:

Yes!!! Someone please do. I used to love these magazines. Used to get them when I went to the Jewel grocery shopping with my mom back in the day!!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm guessing it's this:

Most of the full magazines are in the publishing section. The exact magazine in question is here:

http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=749
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    That is one of the things that always bothered me in MOTU is when they try to put Earth concepts on Eternia. I guess Eternia has a Africa to.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

These magazines are awesome. I wish I still had them.

Wow thanks for pointing those out. I'm pretty new to the org here so I had no idea all that stuff was on here.

He honestly looks like he can be made from Tri-Klops body and Demo-Man's tunic. Didn't TG use the term African-Eternian before when introing the guards?
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

He would make a really cool figure.
    Craig

My MOTUC most wanted: Angella, Sssqueeze, Peekablue, Mara, Evilseed, and Granita

Was this meant as a "MOTUC Support thread?" if so, it's now in the wrong section.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

You know what I love about MOTU? That 30 years after first getting into it, I'm STILL finding things that I've never seen nor heard about before. I know I had this issue once upon a time, but never noticed this guy before! He looks cool, let's come up with a moniker for him and get him in the fan poll for a shot at being made into a figure!

The Tribal Warrior is obviously from Earth, Africa (Tanzania or Kenya), because on that poster Norem obviously showed very recognizable Kilimanjaro in the background, and the whole scene except for He-Man and Skeletor showing the African savannah (NOT jungle, as it is mentioned in description in Publishing section...). So it is expected to see Elephants, Lion, Acacia trees,... Giraffes as we see them on the picture of He-Man and Tribal Warrior looking across savannah.
    As written in the text on the mentioned picture with Tribal Warrior:
    " When we last saw He-Man and Skeletor, they were lost in the universe......
    The Poster inside this issue takes you to a strange new land where amazing animals roam free. Plus, you'll learn about real-life wild animals in Kenya....."
    The idea for these two amazing artworks by Norem was that He-Man and Skeletor were lost on Earth, not that Eternia has Africa too.

Yea most know he was on Earth that doesn't mean that he should not be made into a figure at some time...

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Yea most know he was on Earth that doesn't mean that he should not be made into a figure at some time...
    Of course not, he would be remarkable MOTUC figure.
    Now I am planing to make vintage custom as well.

I still think this character would make a very cool looking figure.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't understand. What makes him "cool" and "remarkable?" Why should a human from Earth, besides Queen Marlena, have an action figure? He's nothing special. I think making him in to a figure would be stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
    I don't understand. What makes him "cool" and "remarkable?" Why should a human from Earth, besides Queen Marlena, have an action figure? He's nothing special. I think making him in to a figure would be stupid.
    Dude's got a zebra skin shield. That is my answer to that question.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure I need this guy as a MOTUC figure before all the other characters that lots of folks are eager to get.

I do, however, have a really cool version of that poster that I bought at a toy show for $5. It is actually somehow permanently mounted to a nice wooden frame. It's really long, looks beautiful, and I've been trying to convince my wife that it would really tie our bathroom together.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Dude's got a zebra skin shield. That is my answer to that question.

Seriously, though, I'm not sure I need this guy as a MOTUC figure before all the other characters that lots of folks are eager to get.

I do, however, have a really cool version of that poster that I bought at a toy show for $5. It is actually somehow permanently mounted to a nice wooden frame. It's really long, looks beautiful, and I've been trying to convince my wife that it would really tie our bathroom together.
    If anything, that should make people want him even less. Poor Zebra.

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    I still think this character would make a very cool looking figure.
    I agree completely. What a cool figure. It would also add to the diversity of the line. I'm kind of surprised no one has made a custom of this guy yet. If someone has, please post it, I would love to see it.