Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 'I requested a replacement for my faulty Swiftwind' thread

The 'I requested a replacement for my faulty Swiftwind' thread

This thread is for people who have receieved faulty/mis-assembled Swiftwind as discussed here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=217547&page=9

EVERYONE who has received a mis-assembled Swiftwind should contact Matty and request a replacement - It's your right as a paying customer to receive the best not what would otherwise go into the reject bin.

The only way that we can send Mattel a message that their figures are faulty is by having them returned for a replacement. That way they can't just come back to us and say that it's just "200" malcontents that have a problem but will have the returned Swiftwinds as hard evidence that something is terribly wrong with their QC. Hit them where it hurts!

If you have received a faulty Swiftwind and had it returned to Matty for a replacement, post here and let us know. Also tell us if for some reason they do not want to meet your rightful request for a replacement.

Common issues found so far:

- Two of the same front legs (Pic borrowed from urbanmyth):

Notice that the vein should be on the inside of the legs but instead they are on the same side meaning that there are two right legs.

- Wings that don't properly clip on.

Edit: It seems that it may not be a requirement to send the faulty item back for Matty to send you a proper figure. Please still post here if you have requested a replacement.
    Last edited by kup; November 23, 2011 at 05:59pm.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I won't know the condition of my Swiftwind until tomorrow (my wife and I have all of our packages sent to her grandmother's house since receiving them at our condo is a royal pain, and it's currently waiting for me there.... we are going over there for Thanksgiving tomorrow, so I'll be picking it up and opening it up after we get back home tomorrow night), but if I have a problem with the legs and/or the wings, I will definately be calling up Matty to get this straightened out.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm still waiting for Matty to send me my UPS info. I haven't heard from them in over two days.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

sorry to ask, but does that affect posability? does the leg not lay flat on the surface like it would with a regular set of legs?

Called Digital River the night I found out about this fiasco. Told me it could take about 72 hours to hear something. But considering that this is a week of a major Holiday. I might hear back sometime next week. Which is fine. Just as long as the replacement is sent.

Oh and reminder, make sure to have your Order Number ready when you call them!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    sorry to ask, but does that affect posability? does the leg not lay flat on the surface like it would with a regular set of legs?
    It's similar to He-Man having two of the same legs. He would almost certainly be able to stand and you may not notice if you didn't look to close but every time you did look, it's all you would see because you know there are correctly assembled He-Mans out there and you should have had one of those.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Called Digital River the night I found out about this fiasco. Told me it could take about 72 hours to hear something. But considering that this is a week of a major Holiday. I might hear back sometime next week. Which is fine. Just as long as the replacement is sent.

Oh and reminder, make sure to have your Order Number ready when you call them!
    Just curious. Do you have to send back the swift wind that was incorrect?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Canada-Man View Post
    Just curious. Do you have to send back the swift wind that was incorrect?

Thanks
    No, I have never had to send back the defective toy to them. They would take my request and with in a week I would get a shipping notice email that the figure has been sent. Which you will be able to check through the Mattycollector.com website. Sure it's sent through their Cornerstone Logistic/ USPS. But I don't have a problem with that.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

All I know is that I'm still waiting to hear from Matty. For those that have had to deal with returns. What happens after I sent them an e-mail with my info? Are they going to send the UPS guys to my house with the label or what?

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    All I know is that I'm still waiting to hear from Matty. For those that have had to deal with returns. What happens after I sent them an e-mail with my info? Are they going to send the UPS guys to my house with the label or what?
    Never dealt with them by email. I always felt that the emails would take a lot longer to have a resolution. Always via telephone. After explaining the issue. With in a week. I get a email stating that figure is either being processed or it's shipped. And No, they will not be making you send the defective figure back. It would cost way to much money to pay to have them returned. Then more money to just throw them away!

Heroic Warrior
    they are requiring I send the defective figure back first, and won't tell me if a replacement is guaranteed. here's the e-mail I got from them:

We apologize for the issue that you encountered. Please supply the
    following information so that we may have UPS pick up the incorrect or
    damaged package. We can have UPS pick it up at a different address from
    the delivery address, if it is more convenient. Upon receipt of your
    e-mail, UPS will be attempting to pickup the product on up to three
    consecutive business days if necessary. The first attempt may be as
    early as the next business day. Please have your package ready for
    pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by andr0s81 View Post
    they are requiring I send the defective figure back first, and won't tell me if a replacement is guaranteed. here's the e-mail I got from them:

pickup.
    You were sent a standard email response regarding returning defective products. You need to call them! As I have stated, I have never had to return any of the defective MOTUC, Ghostbusters, 12 inch Movie Master Superman figures. So again, try calling them! Some had issues speaking to DR. But like I said. Never had to send defective toys back.

Heroic Warrior

pickup.
    It probably depends on who you talk to about whether or not you have to send the defective figure back. I might try sending the same email requesting a replacement again. You will likely get a different person respond, who will just send a replacement without requiring a return. In my experience, I have never had the same employee reply to the same inquiry.

pickup.
    I would do as Marvelous0ne suggested and call them directly. If the person on the phone is not being very helpful, demand to speak to their supervisor. Don't hang up until they have given you a proper plan to replace your figure.

Heroic Warrior
    I did call them directly, they escalated it up, and then that's the e-mail I got from that. Is it a different number to call than the go matty one listed?

I did call them directly, they escalated it up, and then that's the e-mail I got from that. Is it a different number to call than the go matty one listed?
    I called the 877-GO-MATTY #. If you call the number that is listed under the "Contact Us" tab on their Customer Service tab. That goes to Mattel, they will not really be able to help you. At most they will just take your info and relay it to another department.

I'm still waiting for something to happen. Has UPS picked up any package from you guys?

I've always dealt with them via their email system (in Australia, so not gonna phone them). Both times had faulty products replaced after about 3 emails of correspondence back and forth.

Received a SWIFT WIND on Saturday with two right front legs and tabs that broke in the socket upon assembly (yes, I had the wings in the correct sockets, and the hexagon pegs lined up with the hexagon sockets). I called them the day he arrived, and they said they would contact me via phone or email within 48 hours. When they did not, I called again and they said they'd put high priority on it and contact me by Friday. Since I first contacted them, a week and two of their deadlines have passed, and I have not heard a word from them. I will be calling them one more time, and inform them that if they give me another date that they subsequently miss, I'll be informing my credit card company that I was charged full price for faulty merchandise and recommend that action be taken.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    Received a SWIFT WIND on Saturday with two right front legs and tabs that broke in the socket upon assembly (yes, I had the wings in the correct sockets, and the hexagon pegs lined up with the hexagon sockets). I called them the day he arrived, and they said they would contact me via phone or email within 48 hours. When they did not, I called again and they said they'd put high priority on it and contact me by Friday. Since I first contacted them, a week and two of their deadlines have passed, and I have not heard a word from them. I will be calling them one more time, and inform them that if they give me another date that they subsequently miss, I'll be informing my credit card company that I was charged full price for faulty merchandise and recommend that action be taken.
    Sorry to hear about the appalling customer service that Mattel has provided you.

I would suggest for you to also post in the 'Issues with Digital River' thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=182453

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'm still waiting for something to happen. Has UPS picked up any package from you guys?
    No, they haven't picked mine up yet, and they had a good 4 business days notice before the holiday to do so (gave them my info to give to UPS last thursday night). Extra weird because they said it would be picked up within 3 days.

My 72 hour window came and went without a single call or email. DR's customer "service" is a joke.

There is absolutely NO reason it should take 72 hours to do a simple exchange in the first place. Ever returned or exchanged an item on Amazon? It literally takes like two minutes, tops.

You should be able to call DR, tell them the problem, get a postage paid return label sent to your email, and have a replacement sent all in under five minutes.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

I called for my broken wing peg.. the rep said she would create a new ticket and gave me a number for the new order and said it would be shipped out within a few days. Hope so, but no email confirmation or anything yet.
    She also didn't say that I had to send the broken one back, so we'll see.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

Not to hijack the thread, I'm lucky with my swift wind. But there are a couple times in the past I had to call DR because issues from qc down to sendings the wrong product. They never asked for the product to be returned or provided even a shipping label or address to return it. That is exactly a bad return policy, especially since sending the wrong figure resulted in an extra for my daughter. I hope you all have luck getting a corrected swift wind. Disappointment is a rough.