Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front of Swift Wind box is a sticker with "The Original" underneath!

Front of Swift Wind box is a sticker with "The Original" underneath!

Originally posted here.

A quick heads up. Hunter Knight Customs pointed this out, "Has anyone realized that the entire name on swiftwind's box is just a sticker and underneath it says " The original" just as the reissues? What happened to "There will be no reissues after Man-e-faces".... Print error or marketing tactic?"

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Originally posted here.

http://eternia.nuevadominion.com/ima...telacuelan.jpg

A quick heads up. Hunter Knight Customs pointed this out, "Has anyone realized that the entire name on swiftwind's box is just a sticker and underneath it says " The original" just as the reissues? What happened to "There will be no reissues after Man-e-faces".... Print error or marketing tactic?"
    In short, Toyguru's mouth opened!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I saw that on the Mattys Facebook page last night.

I went to check my Subscription Swiftwinds box and no sticker. I guess not all the boxes have the original burst and they are just covering the ones that got produced in error with the stickers. Not sure if my extra 11/15 swiftwind will have a sticker or not till I get him on Tuesday.

It's likely they are still creating the two art files at the same time so they don't have to pay someone to do it later. The factory may have just printed the wrong file so they had to sticker over it all.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    My box have no sticker, so maybe it just a correction.

"The Original" labels are a waste of time, money and logistics, please eliminate them.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I agree with JonWes.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

This makes me angry. Makes me wonder what's going on over in Mattyland
    Mattel Inc. taken subscribers for the ass since 2011!

I got mine today, there is no sticker on the box front.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyHall666 View Post
    This makes me angry. Makes me wonder what's going on over in Mattyland
    \

Why does a sticker make you angry?

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    This is funny.

Mine did not have a sticker.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    \

The same reason why backward shoulders or double left feet make you angry. I am a MOC (Mint On Card) collector and this takes away from the esthetics of the packaging.

I also hate those starbursts, starbursts are evil
    Mattel Inc. taken subscribers for the ass since 2011!

I wonder what the quality control will be like on these large stickers. They only get the stickers on the bubble straight about half the time.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." - H. J. Simpson, 1997

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    \

Because stickers always start to peel off after a certain period of time, something MOC collecters don't really appreciate. I'd rather have a wrong leg then, since it is less noticeable in package.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Ah, I see. I can see that being a concern for a MOC collector. I suppose that means the non-sticker version may become the more desirable one eventually.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    My 2 subs have the sticker and the extra I ordered does not. So there is no equation to how they are received...
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Swiftwind: The rare "Butcher" cover.

(Record collector joke.)
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

What they done before was make a batch of 1st editions and second with burst at the same time to cut expences. If the first batch sold out on first sale date they sent 2nd editions with yellow star to customers (I got me a roboto and vikor like that).

After a year complaining of moc collectors they made the decission to stop with yellow stars and just print the second batch without yellowstar.

But what matty says is not always what matty does and because this is a beast and not a figure they still made a second batch with YS.

Because fans know this and on first sale date there is NOTHING on their site that says it's possible the figure has a yellowstar and so sale of them isn't actually LEGAL they **** their pants now and put stickers on some.

Offcourse there is gonna be a resale of swiftwind and they will have yellowstars and it will be on their site that it's possible to recieve one with yellowstar.

Explenation matty: we only said there weren't gonna be yellowstar FIGURES after manefaces but we said nothing about BEASTS.

Figures that are GONE FOR GOOD like orko or SDCC exclusives are sold the last few months. WHO BELIEVES this company anymore?
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

...did you actually just say it's illegal to sell figures with yellow stickers?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I believe that the 'reissues' are actually produced at the same time as the initial release stock and just kept in storage. It is then delivered to the DR distribution points when a sale involving such figure occurs.

I think it's a silly way to go about it and gurantees that you'll end up with massive amounts of stock for an unpopular figure but if it isn't making them money, they wouldn't be doing it.

When Swiftwind finally gets a 'reissue', they are likely not to add the sticker to the already manufactures stock and that's it.

When it comes to the 'No more reissues' announcement - I don't believe everything Scott says; no disrespect to him but he has lost a lot of credibility due to his own comments.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I believe that the 'reissues' are actually produced at the same time as the initial release stock and just kept in storage. It is then delivered to the DR distribution points when a sale involving such figure occurs.
    I bet you're right. Didn't they say that the second run Green G. figures were not assembled any differently than the original run? This would mean that you're definately right, because that's an assembly error (so they say, I believe differently for obvious religious reasons) which should be at best a relatively easy fix, at worst a somewhat pricey fix, yet a very VERY necessary fix since the original run was falling apart! This sticker on Swifty would also seem to indicate that second runs are still a go. Though I wouldn't be upset if they do holiday sales again from now on. If so however, they shouldn't have said, "no more reissues", they should have said no more monthly reissues. I think they're smart enough to know better, and the intent from the very beginning was to scare people into buying subs. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by bamf1980 View Post
    ...did you actually just say it's illegal to sell figures with yellow stickers?
    Nope what I say is that it's not legal to sell on first sale date figures that have a ys without having an* wich says that it's possible to recieve on with ys. This is done on resales but not on first sale days.

Announcing to stop with ys, stil make them and put stickers over them and sell them on first saleday without an announcement is what I call a SCAM.

If you buy a bottle of cheap wine put pay a lot for it because they put a lable over it of an expensive wine then you've been scammed my friend

My question is how long are fans gonna put up with their scams?

MISB collectors that have got a disformed horse or a box with ys and sticker over it are scammed. Don't know if it's legal in the US?

What I do know is that MAFIACOLLECTOR.COM get's away with it

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I bet you're right. I think they're smart enough to know better, and the intent from the very beginning was to scare people into buying subs. No question.
    Yes you are wright.

Ofcourse it was their plan to scare people into buying subs, but when do lies and scarring people turn into scams and illegal mathers?

For me the line has crossed a long time ago and I will make work of a list of all the **** they pulled the last years.

INP orkothewizard
    Last edited by orkothewizard; November 28, 2011 at 08:53pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I have the real power!

Quote Originally Posted by orkothewizard View Post
    What they done before was make a batch of 1st editions and second with burst at the same time to cut expences. If the first batch sold out on first sale date they sent 2nd editions with yellow star to customers (I got me a roboto and vikor like that).

After a year complaining of moc collectors they made the decission to stop with yellow stars and just print the second batch without yellowstar.

But what matty says is not always what matty does and because this is a beast and not a figure they still made a second batch with YS.

Because fans know this and on first sale date there is NOTHING on their site that says it's possible the figure has a yellowstar and so sale of them isn't actually LEGAL they **** their pants now and put stickers on some.

Offcourse there is gonna be a resale of swiftwind and they will have yellowstars and it will be on their site that it's possible to recieve one with yellowstar.

Explenation matty: we only said there weren't gonna be yellowstar FIGURES after manefaces but we said nothing about BEASTS.

Figures that are GONE FOR GOOD like orko or SDCC exclusives are sold the last few months. WHO BELIEVES this company anymore?
    The picture of Swiftwind on his sale page clearly had the box with a yellow sticker...and that is what they advertised on the actual sale page of the figure, therefore they could not be gotten for flase advertising, and it says no where that "The Original" was to be an exclusive item to be put on Re-Issues, merely that the burst was to signify a re-issue....originally, but they could have changed that so all "Original" releases could have this, and not re-issues, and that is perfectly legal, so long as it's not misrepresented in print, or pictures....

But on his sale page, it does show the box with a yellow burst..

So this would not be false advertising, in any way, if all Swift Wind came like this.

And when hasn't a re-issue had a yellow burst on it, even a second run of figures I have seen prior to Man-E-Faces had them. They don't now, because there are no re-issues of newer figures...so even if they did a second run, it wouldn't be considered a re-issue...which to me it was stupid to do so anyway, a second run right after the first run, is just another batch of figures....now if they waited a year or months later, then that would be a re-issue.

And why complain about the burst anyway, honestly, I don't even really notice it, and all mine are MOSC.....
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; November 28, 2011 at 09:04pm.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    The picture of Swiftwind on his sale page clearly had the box with a yellow sticker...and that is what they advertised on the actual sale page of the figure, therefore they could not be gotten for flase advertising, and it says no where that "The Original" was to be an exclusive item to be put on Re-Issues, merely that the burst was to signify a re-issue....originally, but they could have changed that so all "Original" releases could have this, and not re-issues, and that is perfectly legal, so long as it's not misrepresented in print, or pictures....

But on his sale page, it does show the box with a yellow burst..go look and see....http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.241478500

And when hasn't a re-issue had a yellow burst on it, even a second run of figures I have seen prior to Man-E-Faces had them. They don't now, because there are no re-issues of newer figures...so even if they did a second run, it wouldn't be considered a re-issue...which to me it was stupid to do so anyway, a second run right after the first run, is just another batch of figures....now if they waited a year or months later, then that would be a re-issue.
    You are wright about the pic, tx for posting the link.

But I got me a roboto and vikor with the same issues I posted and then there was no pic or announcement it would have got a ys.

I guess they learned from their mistakes and swifty ys sale is legal but I still find it fishy.

I collect the ones without ys MOC/MISB so I want to get what I'm buying and that wasn't the case for my vikor and roboto.

And why put stickers over something that is supposed to have a yellowstar as on the pic?

Covering one lie with another imho

If you don't care if it has a ys or not and are a MOC collector then I would suggest to see some price listing on the secondary market for a heman, beastman, man at arms, skeletor,..

I bet you will notice the price difference to the ones with ys and the ones with none.
    Last edited by orkothewizard; November 28, 2011 at 09:12pm.
    I have the real power!

HD figures on youtube
    lol, this is kinda funny. But I agree kup, I think so as well.