Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Green Trap Jaw in MOTUC

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I would buy one, if some new attachments would be in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    New attachments are always welcome! Then, future Weapons Paks can have repaints for Roboto and original recipe Trap Jaw!
    Isn't there a comic or a cartoon episode where TJ has a blade or machete inserted in his mechanical arm? Or am I just delusional? Would be nice anyhow...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Id be all for it! Trap-Jaw was my favorite figure when I was a child. The more Trap-Jaw the better.

I don't know about a comic or toon showing him with a blade, Chroniklor, but Spy Monkey had a nifty set with a big machete. I had it, but I sold my SMC stuff a few months ago.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Isn't there a comic or a cartoon episode where TJ has a blade or machete inserted in his mechanical arm? Or am I just delusional? Would be nice anyhow...
    Yes, he has it in the episode "Curse of the Spellstone".

You can see every arm attachment Trap Jaw used on the cartoon here:
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/feature.php?id=44&fid=51

That Spy Monkey Creations set Uki mentioned also included a crossbow weapon and a fly swatter, no doubt inspired by the episodes "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" and "Dree-Elle's Return".

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    Yes, he has it in the episode "Curse of the Spellstone".

You can see every arm attachment Trap Jaw used on the cartoon here:
    http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/feature.php?id=44&fid=51

That Spy Monkey Creations set Uki mentioned also included a crossbow weapon and a fly swatter, no doubt inspired by the episodes "Diamond Ray of Disappearance" and "Dree-Elle's Return".
    Aha, see, I do have some memory left Thanks for the link RocketPunch. The way I see it now, there is no excuse for not doing a Green Trap Jaw in MotUC. Mini comic fans will go nuts for it AND if you include some extra accesories for his mechanical arm (which could also be used on the 'regular' TJ) we are all in for a treat! Let's go Green TJ!

Edit: now that I think about it: a Green TJ would probably have a more silver-like mechanical arm, whereas the one we already have, has a black one. If the Green TJ would come with a silver arm and silver attachments, wouldn't it be awkward to have silver attachments on the black arm and vice versa? Oh well, perhaps they don't need to be interchangeable at all... (regular with green TJ, I mean).
    Last edited by Chroniklor; January 2, 2012 at 04:57am.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Now that I think about it: a Green TJ would probably have a more silver-like mechanical arm, whereas the one we already have, has a black one. If the Green TJ would come with a silver arm and silver attachments, wouldn't it be awkward to have silver attachments on the black arm and vice versa? Oh well, perhaps they don't need to be interchangeable at all... (regular with green TJ, I mean).
    They could just offer repaints of them in black in a future Weapons Pak. Roboto's gun, axe, and claw were redone in black for use with Trap Jaw, so the same thing could be done here.

I think including some brand new attachments with Green Trap Jaw would be a great incentive to encourage more people to buy him, especially since the only weapon we saw him use in the minicomic was his lasertron.

Trap Jaw is one of the Top Favorite Characters in this lineup.

I see no reason why a "Mini-Comics Trap Jaw" couldn't work as a quarterly variant. Besides the green skin, TG could agree to a different paint scheme for some of his armor.

Maybe he could be called "Battleground Trap Jaw"?

And, the best part: some creative new attachments for his arm socket!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    They could just offer repaints of them in black in a future Weapons Pak. Roboto's gun, axe, and claw were redone in black for use with Trap Jaw, so the same thing could be done here.

I think including some brand new attachments with Green Trap Jaw would be a great incentive to encourage more people to buy him, especially since the only weapon we saw him use in the minicomic was his lasertron.
    Concerning that Weapons Pack repaint: great idea, problem solved So, where's my Green TJ?

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Trap Jaw is one of the Top Favorite Characters in this lineup.

I see no reason why a "Mini-Comics Trap Jaw" couldn't work as a quarterly variant. Besides the green skin, TG could agree to a different paint scheme for some of his armor.

Maybe he could be called "Battleground Trap Jaw"?

And, the best part: some creative new attachments for his arm socket!
    Hmmm... Battle Ground Green Trap Jaw... yes, why not!
    Last edited by Chroniklor; January 2, 2012 at 11:34am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yes, we need the green mini comics trap jaw.
    my feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428

selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy him if they made him, but don't really care if they don't.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I would buy him, so long as they gave him new arm attachments.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

This is probably asking for too much, but I'd like to see a newly sculpted mechanical arm to match the one in the comic, in addition to the other changes we would expect.

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    If they did the BG TrapJaw I would like to kid an updated bio too---like what happens to TJ after the 2nd ultimate battleground?

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Would only want him if they did him like the original poster's picture, which is true to the mini-comic, and not just a repaint.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Robot Knights 2) Stridor 3) Night Stalker 4) Tung Lashor 5) Squeeeze 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back-half!) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 12) Saurod 13) Blast-Attak 14) Karg 15) Gwildor 16) Lodar 17) Mask of Power Demons

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crashdiary27 View Post
    Id be all for it! Trap-Jaw was my favorite figure when I was a child. The more Trap-Jaw the better.
    My sentiments exactly.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    This is probably asking for too much, but I'd like to see a newly sculpted mechanical arm to match the one in the comic, in addition to the other changes we would expect.
    100% agree.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I'm all for this, but Skeletor needs to have a different pair of feet as well !!!
    Agreed. His robotic arm needs to be resculpted and then they can use stock human legs and furry boots. This would be a good quarterly variant, I think, not just a missed opportunity now that the MOTU vs DCU two-packs are gone. If they can afford to sculpt a new head for BG Evil Lyn and Keldor they can afford a new arm for Trap Jaw (and a couple of unique attachments that match the boxy style of the robotic arm).

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I think so too. Normal human legs with furry boots and loin cloth would cost them NOTHING. All they would need to do is sculpt a new bionic arm with attachments and a new head. Great for a quarterly variant.

Battleground Trap-Jaw! Fo shizzle.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Absolutely agree! Always need more love for the real mini-comic Trap Jaw.

'green' Trap Jaw requires:

- furry shorts
    - He-Man legs and boots
    - human left arm with new bracer
    - Ram symbol belt - not skull and crossbones
    - box-style arm-canon (non-removable - there is no evidence in the mini-comics that green Trap Jaw could replace his laser canon with hook or claw)
    - new head with ear protrusions and a more organic-style jaw that connects to his neck.

There is a bit of discussion and mock ups of this character in the following thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189839

As has been noted, green Trap Jaw done properly is not a straight repaint.

I'd like a green TJ, but I don't think it needs to go that far. The He-man buck with a new gun arm, belt, and the existing TJ head would suffice personally.

As a fan of the Minicomics, from what's left, Green TJ isn't top of my list, but it is very high up there. I'd like a proper Alcala Skeletor (Human feet and bare [no fins, no wristbands] arms, yellow painted skull, along with an Alcala Power Sword) and a Red Beastman more.
    Matty, Great Black Wizard figure please!

What the heck....I'd probably buy him.

He looks pretty cool, and I would like to think he's possible. I wonder if his bio would be any different?
    Always Expect the Unexpected!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Maybe we could get a set (SDCC?) of minicomic versions: Orange Stratos, green TJ, red Beast Man...

They could go with "Oo-Lar" and our Skeletor's sporting the Alcala head!
    A thousand times yes!

I'd like to see a Skeletor with Alcala head and shin guards instead of complete wrap-arounds.

Snappy Threader
    A million times yes. I would be all over a green trap jaw.

Perfect quarterly figure. I still want him and Mini-comic Tri-Klops.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    cool idea. TJ is killed in the second ultimate battle & is resurrected. green TJ zombie.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Lizard-Man, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Nocturna, Masks of Power Demons, Horde Wraiths, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Snake Armor He-Man