Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Chill for Frosta

Castle Chill for Frosta

Thought this might work well for Frosta fortress Castle chill, Not sure the scale of the figures but i look good.

castlechill.jpg
    castle chill.JPG

I think you can forget this as it's huge. It's made for Barbie sized Frozen movie dolls and I saw it on ebay going for well over $169.00, funny because Mattel makes it too.
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

Shezar in MOTUC please! The All American's Avatar
    Interesting. Need to see a pic of Frosta in it to see the scale with MOTUC. How big are those Frozen dolls?

Actually, the scale would be the perfect size for a MOTUC figure. A typical Barbie is around 12", and MOTUC can fit comfortably into this scale of castle. I hate Frozen, so I wouldn't be getting this anyway.

Too big for MOTUC's
    Excited for 2017 with Brian Flynn of Super7 & Four Horsemen taking over the MOTUC's, Club Grayskull and Hopefully Thundercats collectors lines

When I saw a commercial for this I thought it would be great for Frosta too! I don't see how it would be "too big" for MOTUC as people still complain that Castle Grayskull and the upcoming Snake Mountain are too small.
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Heroic Warrior
    Girly toys?! GROSS!

I want one.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    When I saw a commercial for this I thought it would be great for Frosta too! I don't see how it would be "too big" for MOTUC as people still complain that Castle Grayskull and the upcoming Snake Mountain are too small.
    Exactly. I don't see anything that would be too large on this for MOTUC. Even the Stairs are too small for the Barbies, and just about right for Classics. I would consider getting this if I had unlimited funds and space. Putting Snake Mountain somewhere will be difficult enough.

UPDATE: I just bought a Barbie Doll House

Found a great deal. Just look around. After watching the instructional video here, this video, and seeing the size of the accessories match MOTUC perfectly, I don't think you will ever see another playset as well suited to POP as this. Great display piece for POP. Better than Graysull. One fourth the price, Larger than Grayskull(or smaller when you adjust it) a built in rotating platform to display characters 360° and did I mention 1/4 the price? With free shipping. Repaint it with small Modifications and you have a Crystal Castle. If Matty had any brains they would do just that.

I can only hope I can ever buy a playset for the Horde that comes as close to this for even twice the price.

This thing beats the pants off of Point dread and Melty Teela. And it was only 1/2 the price after shipping!
    Last edited by darkmoon766; November 22, 2015 at 03:17pm.

It looks to me that the castle is too small for the dolls it's made for. That Elsa doll's head is practically touching the ceiling above her. It would probably look quite good with MOTUC figures, especially once you swapped out the stickers with some custom MOTUC stickers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    It looks to me that the castle is too small for the dolls it's made for. That Elsa doll's head is practically touching the ceiling above her. It would probably look quite good with MOTUC figures, especially once you swapped out the stickers with some custom MOTUC stickers.
    The Elsa sticker flips around and there is a Mirror on the other side. The Olaf sticker can be hidden by a sliding panel. (it is supposed to be a secret picture of Olaf..) Wow, so excited by this thing. If I didn't have 21+ POP Figures to Put somewhere, this never would have happened. Thanks Toy Guru!

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    Exactly. I don't see anything that would be too large on this for MOTUC. Even the Stairs are too small for the Barbies, and just about right for Classics. I would consider getting this if I had unlimited funds and space. Putting Snake Mountain somewhere will be difficult enough.

Found a great deal. Just look around. After watching the instructional video here, this video, and seeing the size of the accessories match MOTUC perfectly, I don't think you will ever see another playset as well suited to POP as this. Great display piece for POP. Better than Graysull. One fourth the price, Larger than Grayskull(or smaller when you adjust it) a built in rotating platform to display characters 360° and did I mention 1/4 the price? With free shipping. Repaint it with small Modifications and you have a Crystal Castle. If Matty had any brains they would do just that.

I can only hope I can ever buy a playset for the Horde that comes as close to this for even twice the price.

This thing beats the pants off of Point dread and Melty Teela. And it was only 1/2 the price after shipping!
    That's Awesome Idea Dude !

Hope you post some pictures when you get them in hand, along with your MOTUC figures BTW !
    Matty Has Been Matted For 2017 !

Now I Seriously Hope Super 7 Makes Me Feel I Am In Heaven !!

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    That's Awesome Idea Dude !

Hope you post some pictures when you get them in hand, along with your MOTUC figures BTW !
    See, I can lavish praise on Mattel. It's just Matty that has a harder time impressing me.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post

Too big for MOTUC's

Nope. It's actually perfectly sized. Your own pics prove it.

Exactly. It's vastly undersized for the dolls it's for but is scaled almost perfectly for 1:12 scale figures or even MOTU's odd 7in scale figures. If the figures in the pics are 12in then even the furniture looks like it could be used for MOTUC.

Found a great deal. Just look around. After watching the instructional video here, this video, and seeing the size of the accessories match MOTUC perfectly, I don't think you will ever see another playset as well suited to POP as this. Great display piece for POP.

Thanks for the info.

Heroic Warrior

Post some pics when you get it. If I had more disposable income at the moment, I would consider picking up one as well; it looks like Amazon is selling it at a discount today. This is probably the closest we're ever going to get to a POP playset, and it actually looks pretty good. And, like you pointed out, it costs less than even the MOTUC vehicles (I think I paid about that much after shipping for the Battle Ram during the BTTF sale).

Quit trying to spend my money!!!

That actually would be a darn near perfect display for the POP figures. May be tempted to pick one up if the price is right and my shelf space is willing.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I think this one would be epic... (The furniture wouldn't be to scale, but the PoP girls would look amazing in here!)

Quote Originally Posted by Oz-Scott View Post
    I think this one would be epic... (The furniture wouldn't be to scale, but the PoP girls would look amazing in here!)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...psuczy8lai.jpg
    That one is really cool as well, but it IS more of a Dollhouse than an action figure playset in the vein of Grayskull etc. The Elsa's Magical Ice palace Is made of molded plastic like Grayskull. That Dollhouse is Huge, but it's intersecting panel design isn't quite as dynamic as a playset for action figures should be. It would be an awesome way to display figures though. Lot's of space there!

Midwestern She-Raver Salamandra's Avatar
    Ohhhhh...I want one!! That's great!

And...it's 40% off on Amazon for the next nine hours. It is now mine! Now...I just have to decide if I want to leave it blue or add some pink paint to make it seem more like the Crystal Castle!
    Last edited by Salamandra; November 22, 2015 at 05:27pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    Quit trying to spend my money!!!

That actually would be a darn near perfect display for the POP figures. May be tempted to pick one up if the price is right and my shelf space is willing.
    Price is right today. AMAZON: ELSA'S ICE PALACE May not be tomorrow... It says the sale price ends in a few hours. That's not to say it won't less later or on clearance at a later date, but that price was good enough for me to buy a doll house.

That one is really cool as well, but it IS more of a Dollhouse than an action figure playset in the vein of Grayskull etc. The Elsa's Magical Ice palace Is made of molded plastic like Grayskull. That Dollhouse is Huge, but it's intersecting panel design isn't quite as dynamic as a playset for action figures should be. It would be an awesome way to display figures though. Lot's of space there!
    For me, it would be a display piece for figures, not a playset or dollhouse.
    With lots of rooms and features to fill with figures, an amazing staircase, and side walls to give the display clear edges. Visually, my personal preference.

You want to pay $168.99 for it? I only found two on Ebay and that was the cheapest.

Personally I would rather put my Money for Snake Mountain instead of a Frozen movie playset

You haven't seen the chatter above that it's far cheaper on Amazon right this minute!

You want to pay $168.99 for it? I only found two on Ebay and that was the cheapest.

Personally I would rather put my Money for Snake Mountain instead of a Frozen movie playset
    Me? Heck no. I'm just saying I think it would work scale-wise for those who do want it.

Personally, I'd rather put my money towards an official Castle Chill or Crystal Castle. But that's never going to happen, so we have to make do where we can.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Is a very cool playset (no pun intended). Icer will take away Frosta in order to rule it!
    TOP 25 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -KARG -SCROLLOS -LANDSHARK -3 ETERNIAN TOWERS
    -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA -METEORBS -MONSTROID -BLASTERHAWK

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR