Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to see in Illumina's bio?

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

What do you want to see in Illumina's bio?

From Toyguru with regards to passing on Illumina's bio as envisioned by her creators and replacing it with a new one if she gets made in MOTUC:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post

The storyline posted above was passed on by Mattel and never published. it is not a direction we will be going in. That is why had to ask Val to take it down. In no way was this a move to offend her fans. Really, we didn't want to mislead anyone who would think a potential figure would follow this passed on material. If Illumina was going to be in a poll to be a Mattel toy, it was important legally that the description of her matched Mattel's direction for her, not any passed on material. (it's a legal thing).

And reading through a few posts on this thread about why people like Illumina and that it comes down to her "mysterious look", really just opens up the options with her. If she is truly an unknown where we are judging her by a drawing only...just think of the possibilities of how she could fit into this world! In a way that kinda does make her cooler.

If Illumina is made in MOTUC, she will be a blank slate with a new bio/backstory, What would you like to see as a potential bio now that we know they won't be going with what's already been discussed on the forums?

What would you like to see her powers, alliances, history, relationships be?

this isn't a thread to complain about Mattel changing the original ideas for Illumina, we have threads with that already, let's just discuss what we want to see now we know it will be different if she gets made, let's try and stay positive!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I feel like we need more King Grayskull-era characters in the line. I could see her being one of the Elders.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    As much as Emiliano will dislike this idea, from the moment I saw that poster of her in the comics, I thought she could be Keldor's mother (sorry Emiliano).

That was my initial reaction.... she was a Gar, she looked like she could be a fierce warrior with that double-bladed weapon, and she was beautiful. If she was from Eternia's past then she seemed to me that she could be someone I could have easily seen King Miro having a fling with while he was 'away', and nine moths later out popped little Keldor. I thought then that Miro never having known about Keldor, and (in Keldor's eyes) always favoring Randor could have leaded to the hatred in Keldor, kind of creating that Thor vs. Loki vibe between half-brothers.

At least that's what I had initially envisioned until her real background was revealed.

Her bio should be as originally intended by Emiliano and Val
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Every one assumes she must be Keldors mother only because she is one of the rare Gar characters we know and beside the Council of Elder member the only Gar female we´ve seen so far

There are to many family ties already i think it´s not necessary and i hope we will see Keldors mother one day and let her be her own character.

Her powers should stay the same and i like her loner existence.

Since she never really had a story i´m looking forward to one featuring her, with her cool looks and Sleetha(her cat).

And one more point i have to add, we already know it doesn´t matter if the characters had a backstory every backstory can be rewritten and changed(...looking at my Catra figure or Icarius´ bio...)

Homage to the creators. Easy!
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

How about this:
    Illumina is a Gar warrior who harbored a grudge against normal humans until she became an apprentice to the Goddess. During her Time with the Goddess, she learned about Grayskull and swore to protect it until the Legendary champion would be found. She once nursed a purple and yellow-clad warrior back to health and fell in love with him. They lived together for a while until he mysteriously vanished one day. In one of her journeys trying to locate her missing lover, she met a young Duncan and trained him to be her successor as a Guardian of Grayskull. She became cold, distant and bitter after many years of searching with no results. Her last known location was somewhere in the Dark Hemisphere shortly before the Mystic Wall was erected.

It's very similar to the factoids provided but with a little bit more Spector in the bio...
    Cause Every bio needs more Spector in it!! :spectorlol: :spectorwink:
    Wait, we don't have Spector Emoticons yet...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now who shall I fight for?

She likes cats.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    How about this:
    Illumina is a Gar warrior who harbored a grudge against normal humans until she became an apprentice to the Goddess. During her Time with the Goddess, she learned about Grayskull and swore to protect it until the Legendary champion would be found. She once nursed a purple and yellow-clad warrior back to health and fell in love with him. They lived together for a while until he mysteriously vanished one day. In one of her journeys trying to locate her missing lover, she met a young Duncan and trained him to be her successor as a Guardian of Grayskull. She became cold, distant and bitter after many years of searching with no results. Her last known location was somewhere in the Dark Hemisphere shortly before the Mystic Wall was erected.

It's very similar to the factoids provided but with a little bit more Spector in the bio...
    Spector is a Palace guard at first..he's not even around at the time of The Goddess..I know he's supposed to be a time traveler, but really no Spector tie in is needed....really. But some tie in to Draego Man or something would be kind of cool.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

As with all the bios I want them to stick as close to the existing source material as possible. If they don't, well I ignore what I don't like in the bio's anyway.

Illumina:

Little is known about the blue-skinned warrior named Illumina. It is known, however, that she is a descendant of the Gar refugees that came to Eternia after the destruction of Infinitia and that she was a member of the Guardians of Grayskull (a secret sect devoted to the preservation of Castle Grayskull’s secrets throughout time).

At one point in her life, Illumina was known as one of the strongest proponents of anti-Eternian sentiments amongst her fellow Gar. Accordingly, she was a fierce proponent against efforts to integrate the Eternian and Gar peoples. What remains unknown, however, is what (if any) role Illumina had in the ruination of Captain Miro’s planned union with the mother of Keldor and the subsequent Gar massacre instigated by Count Marzo and other segregationists. Whatever the cause, with age Illumina’s views changed and she eventually sought atonement and repentance past for misdeeds.

At the time when the Mystic Wall was created she was on the Dark Hemisphere of Eternia, which effectively trapped her there. Fortunately, in addition to being a great strategist and possessing formidable fighting skills (especially with melee weapons), she has the power to control light and can even blind her opponents when those other talents are not enough. Prior to being caught on Dark Hemisphere she assisted Dekker in the teaching of Duncan.

Although a heroic force, it has been said that she was very cold blooded. Also, a common misconception is that she is in some way related to Keldor; however, beyond their shared Gar heritage there is no connection between them. Similarly, many believe that Sleetah, her mount, is a descendant of the Battle Cats of old, while, in fact, her white-furred companion is an entirely different species that is genetically closer to the blood-thirsty Panthor.

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    All I want to see:

Written by Val Staples
    Illustrated by Emiliano Santalucia

Then I'll be happy.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by marndt8448 View Post
    As much as Emiliano will dislike this idea, from the moment I saw that poster of her in the comics, I thought she could be Keldor's mother (sorry Emiliano).
    BANNED!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I know all the elements of her intended MVC story couldn't be mentioned merely because of the space given on the bio cards and how they are also used more to tell the "overall" story (like how Battleground Teela's bio was barely about Battleground Teela ).

That said, I would like to at least see the following:

- member of Guardians of Grayskull, secret sect protecting Grayskull's secrets throughout time.
    - Trainer of Dekker and Duncan.
    - Trapped on the Dark Hemisphere
    - Has light powers (the 80's inspired final sentence can be based on that)

I do NOT want her being Keldor's mother. Personally, I think that idea is just as bad as Fisto as Teela's father or Skeletor cloning the Sorceress to make a baby he wants to marry and impregnate (his "daughter") while he's already married with child. Like I said in another thread...who is Skeletor, Woody Allen?

Also, it's funny to me that some people support Illumina as Keldor's mother because a LOT of people keep getting upset that so many characters in MOTU are related by blood or marriage:

Group 1: Skeletor, Evil-Lyn, Faceless One, King Grayskull + his brother (He-Ro?), Veena, King Miro, King Randor, Prince Adam (He-Man), Queen Marlena, Adora (She-Ra), Hordak and Shadow Weaver ("adopted" parents).

Group 2: Man-At-Arms, Teela, Sorceress, Fisto
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    BANNED!
    Sorry.
    I did say it was only my initial reaction way back when, not that it's my preference.
    .....but worst case scenario, I do like the idea of her being Keldor's mother as opposed to say, being released by Evil-Lyn and then turning against her using some cloned sword or some such nonsense.

My preference would be for her to remain as her creators envisioned.
    Am I allowed out of time-out now?
    Last edited by marndt8448; December 9, 2011 at 04:14pm.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Since her planned story is totally off the table and non-cannon then I'd love to see a write up from either Val or Emil with a break down of who they planned her to be.

Val? Emiliano? It's up to you to tell us who she was before (if she wins) Matty can tell us who she is now or will be.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Spector is a Palace guard at first..he's not even around at the time of The Goddess..I know he's supposed to be a time traveler, but really no Spector tie in is needed....really. But some tie in to Draego Man or something would be kind of cool.
    The Time Traveling Spector stuff was added to see if we could get certain Mattel employee to push harder to get Illumina in the line...

that she is keldor's mother, that she seduced the already married Miro with magic, that Keldor is the older and true heir (excepting the ******* status he holds) of Miro, and that she is one of the last Gar that migrated to Eternia that survived like gypsies after the Gar returned to Infinitia after loosing a war against the human Eternians, which is why she has plotted to ruin the royal family and set her son as King.

That's what I'd see, and that would get me completely behind her.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I don't want Illumina to be a villainess. I want her to be a cold-blooded hero, kind of like Hawkgirl in the beginning of JLU.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    fallow what mvc comics had in mind.

I actually love the idea of her being Keldor's Mama, so that would be killer-cool for me. Other than that?

-powers over light (love the idea of that being in her 80's tagline and final bio-sentence!)
    -trapped in Dark Hemisphere
    -unaware that Skeletor is Keldor
    -aids Lyn in saving her grandson
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

In MY Canon she and the mighty spector are mortal enemies ( more like frienemies) she hates him cause his dumb time traveling powers have messed up the time continuum. Turned Orko to a spy, messed up Roboto shoulder's, hurt Swiftwind's legs. He hates her cause she's a self righteous ****
    Last edited by Caesar; December 11, 2011 at 11:22am.

It simply MUST be something that her creators are happy with. If its totally different then that'll just be a slap in their face.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Her bio should be as originally intended by Emiliano and Val

Do we have any idea what these original intentions are? Is it one of the bio's posted here (e.g. the 'unofficial' one)?

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to follow everything on Illumina so far...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    Fixed: Draego Man

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    How about this:
    Illumina is a Gar warrior who harbored a grudge against normal humans until she became an apprentice to the Goddess. During her Time with the Goddess, she learned about Grayskull and swore to protect it until the Legendary champion would be found. She once nursed Draego Man back to health and fell in love with him. They lived together for a while until he mysteriously vanished one day. In one of her journeys trying to locate her missing lover, she met a young Duncan and trained him to be her successor as a Guardian of Grayskull. She became cold, distant and bitter after many years of searching with no results. Her last known location was somewhere in the Dark Hemisphere shortly before the Mystic Wall was erected.

Picture that. No really... picture it.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Holy Guacamole! Tying it to Draego Man makes it 20% Freakier! Then again Dragons like to have weird mutant babies...