Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC vehicles are HUGE!!! :) Imagine if we got all the others...

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC vehicles are HUGE!!! :) Imagine if we got all the others...

I just got my Wind Raider today and I love it... but it takes up some serious space. If Matty decides to continue making vehicles, I might have to devote an entire room to my collection. ((( This is not a complaint )))

After looking at the Wind Raider and the figures, I started to imagine the scale at which Castle Grayskull would have to be. To match the scale of the vehicles and figures, CG would have to be GIGANTIC. With this said, and if Matty shares the same thoughts on this... I fear that CG might not happen after all.

I really want CG more than anything, but since Matty is all about logistics, I am starting to think we will not be getting one. And I can't see having a CG that dwarfs in comparison to the vehicles.

I pray for Castle Grayskull.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Pics of size?

Heroic Warrior
    I can see Castle Grayskull as a super limited con exclusive

Mattel just needs to take the plunge and make Grayskull.

If done in proper scale and detail it would sell out in record time regardless of price.

I firmly believe that.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Yes the Wiind Raider is huge! so impressed but large vehicles like themFright Fighter, Blaster Hawk, and Spydor would be monstrous in size I can't even imagine.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    If done in proper scale and detail it would sell out in record time regardless of price.
    That's just the thing. "Proper size" would have to be something like 36" on a side. That's 27 cubic feet.

It's interesting that they did the WR to scale. I'd be surprised if they ever did a castle, and if they did, I would be it wouldn't be in scale anyway. The 200X castle isn't, not is the vintage. It'd be passable, but a lot smaller than same scale.

OMG I hope they do Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain to a workable scale for the figures. That would be awesome. I'd definitely empty out a room for that!!!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Wasnīt it stated that the WindRaider is a mid-sized vehicle?
    How big will be a large-sized vehicle?
    How big would be Grayskull?
    When i think about this one thing comes to mind: "shipping costs"
    Nevermind, bring it on Mattel

I've got to say- I think the Wind Raider is probably tied with Vikor for my favorite MOTUC release this year. It is so wonderfully detailed and freaking huge!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I bet Battle Ram and Talon Fighter will be even bigger. They almost have to be.

Should Point Dread be included with Talon Fighter? It would be crazy expensive for both, around $100.

I really doubt that they will make many vehicles. I would guess the following:
    Attak Trak
    Battle Ram
    Roton

Maybe Talon Fighter. That's it.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

I'd love to get the Talon Fighter. I'm afraid of how much the Attak Trak would cost though. Then again, if it doesn't actually work, it'll be cheaper. I wonder if we'll get Stridor eventually...but does he count as a vehicle or a beast?

Has anyone done a round of MOTUC Idol with the vehicles to see what the most popular vehicle choices are?

Quote Originally Posted by Perkaedo View Post
    I wonder if we'll get Stridor eventually...but does he count as a vehicle or a beast?
    TG stated that Stridor and Night Stalker would count as beasts.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    TG stated that Stridor and Night Stalker would count as beasts.
    Speaking of which, I hope they consider releeasing both at once. One is simply a repaint of the other. Everyone would buy two!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

The Road Ripper and Turbodactyl wouldn't be too bad. I'd also expect to see Tyrantisaurus Rex too. I guess the thing with MOTUC is...if it keeps selling, they'll keep making it...I think they'll carry on testing the waters with larger items. Granamyr would be a good indication of how well Grayskull might sell (space and cost-wise).

They're being cautious...and with good reason...

Can't wait for my Wind Raider!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

Quote Originally Posted by Perkaedo View Post
    Has anyone done a round of MOTUC Idol with the vehicles to see what the most popular vehicle choices are?
    Yep.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205113

Here are some vehicles that I think would work, size wise:

Heroes:
    Road Ripper, Battle Ram, Laser-Bolt, Talon Fighter

Villains:
    Roton, Land Shark

I could also see them making a Battle Ram for the Evil Warriors. A simple repaint and retooling of the front headpiece on the sky sled would work.

Mechanical Beasts: Mantisaur, Strydor, Night Stalker, Turbodactyl

One thing I would really like to see is the Snake Men and the Horde each get a vehicle! Neither side had one in the original toyline, so it would be cool to see new ones designed for them.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 23, 2011 at 03:02pm.

[QUOTE=PrinceAdam101;2910183]Speaking of which, I hope they consider releeasing both at once. One is simply a repaint of the other. Everyone would buy two![/QUOTE]

too expensive.

In terms of future vehicles, I really hope Mattel take the chance of the Filmation rights to produce the Collector, a Batmek, a Horde Tank and a Horde Sky Sled.

With the Collector we would not need a new Fright Fighter.

I'm torn as to whether I want a Full-Trak as per Filmation toon or am just happy to have a vintage Attak Trak ... either way, I believe there MUST be a MOTUC Attak Trak as it is iconic MOTU vehicle.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

My wants would be:
    -Attak-Trakk
    -SkySled
    -Land Shark
    -BattleRam Chariot
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Yes the Wiind Raider is huge! so impressed but large vehicles like themFright Fighter, Blaster Hawk, and Spydor would be monstrous in size I can't even imagine.
    Well, I spent some time today looking at my old Spydor and imagined it re-designed...

First of all... the body wouldn't need to be bigger than the Wind Raider... it, however should have 8 legs this time around... but all of them could be the same, so there wouldn't be THAT much of tooling... and as it wouldn't have electronics... it wouldn't be as expensive as some would think... bring on Spydor!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    The only other vehicle I woudl want is Skeletor's chariot.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I think it's safe to say we won't see that many vehicles. So far we have 1, there isn't a vehicle slotted for 2012, which leaves 5 years (if the line continues into the proposed goal of 2017).

I could see us getting Battle Ram, Land Shark and a few other medium-sized ones but I don't think we'll be getting large vehicles like Spidor, Monstroid etc.

What about vehicles from the Filmation cartoon? I'd give my right arm for Scorpia's Crawler, the Collector and Hordak's Annihilator!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo