Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Race or One-of-a-kind beings?

Race or One-of-a-kind beings?

Woke-up from a dream that a friend had a WWE Wrestller figure, Shamus, and pretended he was Beast Man in human form(as if he was a changeling, like a werewolf). I've always considered Beastman to be a cast-out criminal of the Beast race. That got me thinking...
    We know Stratos is from a tribe of winged people(reminds me much of the guy on Buck Rogers from 1980).
    In the original mini-comics we know that Skeletor is just one of MANY skeletor beings.
    Later we find that he has a skeleton face because of an accident with acid.

But, as for the non-human humanoids:
    Are they from a RACE like them, or are they one of a kind?

[oh, and btw, what kind of music does Ram-Man like?]
    Last edited by Falconhood; December 22, 2011 at 09:51am.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

the acid thing is from myp or 200x or something.

per the bios (if i have this right), keldor, of the gar race, combined with demo-man to become skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    the acid thing is from myp or 200x or something.

per the bios (if i have this right), keldor, of the gar race, combined with demo-man to become skeletor.
    The Acid thing is from 200X.
    I thought I read that Keldor was tan skin, like Randor (his brother?) but the dark magic he studied turned his skin blue.

When I was a kid I always saw them as being one-of-a kind creatures
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    The Acid thing is from 200X.
    I thought I read that Keldor was tan skin, like Randor (his brother?) but the dark magic he studied turned his skin blue.
    kronis is also a gar and blue. again, according to the bio's and my horrible memory.

when i was a kid, i considered them to be champions or criminals of their race.
    Merman was definitely, imo, part of a race. Even now, I have the green Merman as the leader, and two blue mermen as his cohorts.

Ram Man likes baroque classical parlour music.

I as a child always thought that most of the monster races, alternate beings that is, were one shot monsters on Planet Eternia.

As a matter of fact, I saw most of them as unique on Eternia, but actually from larger races from other planets. They were "masters of the universe" and that first Filmation cartoon showed Skeletor summoning them from "other places" which I saw as other planets.

So for all intents and purposes unique, but yes, there could be others off planet we never see.

Mind you I love in 200x that so many got their own race ON Eternia, like the Kalagar and whatever they called Clawful's race. I think it's great and I accept and promote that.

But things like Beastman, or some others? Yeah they should be from other dimensions, other planets, or unique monsters.

kronis is also a gar and blue. again, according to the bio's and my horrible memory.
    Kronis isn't identified as a Gar in the bios. All we know is he's from Infinita, which is where MVC was going to say the Gar came as well (I can't find a reference in MOTUC that retains that idea yet).

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I as a child always thought that most of the monster races, alternate beings that is, were one shot monsters on Planet Eternia.

As a matter of fact, I saw most of them as unique on Eternia, but actually from larger races from other planets. They were "masters of the universe" and that first Filmation cartoon showed Skeletor summoning them from "other places" which I saw as other planets.

But things like Beastman, or some others? Yeah they should be from other dimensions, other planets, or unique monsters.
    The mini-comics supported this.

Ths is how I've always seen it.

Clawful, Beastman, Whiplash, . etc. races - I ignore them all & utterly reject them. Even Mer-Man, who I saw as master of undersea beings - everything from fish to mermaids, but NOT others who look like him - he's unqiue.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

The DC comics and other prefilmation publications publications showed the Mer-Men and Beast Men.

I prefer them as races. Sure the odd one-of-a-kind (Stinkor is mutated, Two-Bad is merged, etc). But beast man, Mer-Man, Clawful, Whiplash, etc etc...I'm glad they're all part of different species.

Yeah, the MASTERS of the UNIVERSE is prolly where I got that vibe from. These are the Best...and WORST of their race from different planets in the Universe. Much like the Legion of Super Heroes in the DC comics.
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    Ram Man likes baroque classical parlour music.
    Nope, he likes Metal, like Quiet Riot...music to which he can bang his head.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Kronis isn't identified as a Gar in the bios. All we know is he's from Infinita, which is where MVC was going to say the Gar came as well (I can't find a reference in MOTUC that retains that idea yet).
    ah ok. faulty memory strikes again!

Trap Jaw was not a Gar. But I would believe Sy-Klone is, being one of Anwat-Gar's last protectors. I've always thought of Faker (while clearly a robot and not of any race) to be built aw a Gar champion.

As to the questions, I've always felt "some" of the characters were from a race of like beings (like Stratos), but most of the Masters were unique (like Spikor)

Ram Man is a big heavy metal fan. He likes to head bang.

Quote Originally Posted by whbinder View Post
    Trap Jaw was not a Gar. But I would believe Sy-Klone is, being one of Anwat-Gar's last protectors. I've always thought of Faker (while clearly a robot and not of any race) to be built aw a Gar champion.

As to the questions, I've always felt "some" of the characters were from a race of like beings (like Stratos), but most of the Masters were unique (like Spikor)

Ram Man is a big heavy metal fan. He likes to head bang.
    Sy-Klone most likely is a Gar. His bio said he has "Gar Ancestors," so he's potentially more authentically Gar than Keldor (half-breed) or Skeletor (half-breed and mutated/deformed). It's possible another bio will say the lighter skin means both are half-breeds while Kronis is a full Gar from Infinita, but that's probably reading too much into it. Interesting thought about Faker.

Skeletor: Where's my fake He-Man!
    Gar builders: Right here, sir. (Faker walks in).
    Skeletor: Ha ha ha! At last I will cru--wait, what? He's...he's BLUE!
    Gar builders: Yes. So?
    Skeletor: He can't impersonate He-Man if he's blue!
    Gar builders: He looks normal to us.

Ram Man can bang whatever he wants....that didn't come out right.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Sy-Klone most likely is a Gar. His bio said he has "Gar Ancestors," so he's potentially more authentically Gar than Keldor (half-breed) or Skeletor (half-breed and mutated/deformed). It's possible another bio will say the lighter skin means both are half-breeds while Kronis is a full Gar from Infinita, but that's probably reading too much into it. Interesting thought about Faker.

Skeletor: Where's my fake He-Man!
    Gar builders: Right here, sir. (Faker walks in).
    Skeletor: Ha ha ha! At last I will cru--wait, what? He's...he's BLUE!
    Gar builders: Yes. So?
    Skeletor: He can't impersonate He-Man if he's blue!
    Gar builders: He looks normal to us.

Ram Man can bang whatever he wants....that didn't come out right.
    I thought Faker was made by Papa Smurf.

Was there any explanation as to why there was so much discrimination for the Gar race?

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Was there any explanation as to why there was so much discrimination for the Gar race?
    It's because of their evil pointy eyebrows. Look at Keldor...I mean LOOK at this man's eyebrows. Clearly, he cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Falconhood View Post
    Woke-up from a dream that a friend had a WWE Wrestller figure, Shamus, and pretended he was Beast Man in human form(as if he was a changeling, like a werewolf).
    Dude, you need to lay off the Taco Bell before bedtime.
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; December 23, 2011 at 04:56am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Dude, you need to lay off the Taco Bell before bedtime.
    that dream was mild in comparison. Most of the time, while I sleep, I figure out warp field relativity and quantum mechanic loop-holes. But then as I awake, I forget the best of it. Sigh, if I could just record me dreams, we could all be on star ships exploring space today.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    As for the discussion on Keldor/Skeletor (and as far as I remember correctly): the acid thing is indeed an MYP addition. Skelly was just one of many other Skellies in the mini-comics.

In MotUC you now have: Keldor, being half-gar, fighting Randor, getting acid in his face (hence the skeleton face). This leaves him mortally wounded and he turns to Hordak to save his life. His life is only saved thanks to the merging with Demo-Man (which drives Skelly temporarily insane).

From the bio: "Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak® to save his life. Hordak® merged Keldor™ with an (the) extra-dimensional being (Demo-Man™ from Despondos™), changing him forever into Skeletor®, Overlord of Evil™!"

Now, I'm interested in knowing how they will tie this up with Skelly's original... uhm origin, being just one of many others like him. I mean, MotUC is supposed to be all-encompassing, right?
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

i don't like the idea of skeletor being one of many. i've always seen him as unique.

beast man: outcast
    merman: ruler of his mer men

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    As for the discussion on Keldor/Skeletor (and as far as I remember correctly): the acid thing is indeed an MYP addition. Skelly was just one of many other Skellies in the mini-comics.

In MotUC you now have: Keldor, being half-gar, fighting Randor, getting acid in his face (hence the skeleton face). This leaves him mortally wounded and he turns to Hordak to save his life. His life is only saved thanks to the merging with Demo-Man (which drives Skelly temporarily insane).

From the bio: "Mortally wounded in battle with his half-brother Captain Randor™, Keldor™ turned to his dark-arts master Hordak® to save his life. Hordak® merged Keldor™ with an (the) extra-dimensional being (Demo-Man™ from Despondos™), changing him forever into Skeletor®, Overlord of Evil™!"

Now, I'm interested in knowing how they will tie this up with Skelly's original... uhm origin, being just one of many others like him. I mean, MotUC is supposed to be all-encompassing, right?
    That's in Demo-Man's bio. I thought it was a brilliant way to incorporate it.

Realizing his pupil Keldor™ had no intention of releasing him from Despondos™, Hordak® merged him with an extra-dimensional being called Demo-Man™. While this saved Keldor's life, it also drove him temporarily insane and convinced him to open a portal to Despondos™ and lead what he thought were “his people” to Eternia®. Hordak® intended to use this ruse as a means to escape once the portal was opened, but the new merged being “Skeletor®” was quickly defeated by Oo-larr™, the jungle He-Man®, and Hordak® remained trapped. Soon after, with the help of Evil-Lyn®, Skeletor® gained control of the powerful spirit inside of him, increasing his abilities ten-fold. He was now the true Overlord of Evil™ and one of the most dangerous men on Eternia®!
    Although, Skeletor is a Gar, so he's still one of many, lol. Just has his face melted off.

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Race:
    Beast man
    Mer-man
    Clawfull
    Whiplash
    Buff Off
    Stratos
    Orko
    Madame razz
    Kowl
    Cringer
    Panthor
    Sy Klone
    Mermista
    Sweet Bee
    Grizzlor
    Kobra khan
    Lizard Man
    Webstor
    Rattlor
    Hunga
    Swift Wind
    Huntara
    Kittrina
    Carnivus
    Rokkon, Granita, etc
    Tytus

One of a kind:

Trap jaw
    Triklops
    Man-e-faces
    Stinkor
    Two Bad
    Shadow Weaver
    Fluterina
    Moss man
    Evil Seed
    Angella
    Skeletor
    Hordak
    Snout Spout
    Modulok
    Scareglow
    Light Hope

I don't know:
    Spikor
    Scorpia
    Imp
    Peekablue
    Mantenna
    Calix
    Vultak
    Octavia
    Shokoti
    Leech
    Icer
    Fang man
    Strong arm
    False face
    General Scurvey
    Batros
    Megator

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    That's in Demo-Man's bio. I thought it was a brilliant way to incorporate it.

Although, Skeletor is a Gar, so he's still one of many, lol. Just has his face melted off.
    Of yeah, that's right! Thanks for reminding me. OK, problem solved then
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

I like the 200X Skeletor origin, it's very original, and brilliant.
    As for:
    Stinkor=race
    Two Bad=two races, merged into one being
    Moss man=Race
    Hordak=Race
    Modulok=Race
    In my world, but I don't know half of those you mentioned...prolly POP which I know almost nothing about.

For me they all represent a race. At times it may be the same race but modified via magic or technology, but a race nonetheless.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.