Thread: Catra improvement needed for reissue

Catra improvement needed for reissue

Catra's spell casting hand should be improved when reissued, like they did with Skeletor. They should do what they have done with BGEL, her hand is made of the same color of plastic as her body, no repaint over the plastic. The BIGGEST improvement is the slight increase of firmness noticed in BGEL's hand. Although still not as hard as I would like it , It at least is an improvement.

The current Catra's hand is repainted to cover up whatever color of plastic (reminds me of caulking firmness) they used and the color of paint used is noticeably darker/different than her plastic coated skin of her other hand and body.

So TG if you read this thread think about reissuing Catra with the improvement to her claw/spell casting hand. Make it similar to Battle Ground Evil Lyn's slightly firmer hand and actual same color plastic as the rest of her body, no repaint of the hand.

I already own two Catra's but I would buy two more if her hand was similar to BGEL's, no repaint same color of plastic used for her body and the slightly firmer hand that BGEL is currently sporting. If you really want to intrigue me, make it a tiny bit more firm and I will be EXCITED!!

Heroic Warrior
    Won't happen.

Story I heard was that the hand piece and the whip share a mold and therefore share whatever plastic fills it. Sooo the choice is either soft hand or hard whip.

Personally i would have chosen NO whip... but them's the breaks. HOPEFULLY they'll do some kind Catra varient down the line and give HER a solid hand...

Here's hoping....

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    why not just swap her hand w/ BGEL? TA DAAA!!!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Won't happen.

Story I heard was that the hand piece and the whip share a mold and therefore share whatever plastic fills it. Sooo the choice is either soft hand or hard whip.

Personally i would have chosen NO whip... but them's the breaks. HOPEFULLY they'll do some kind Catra varient down the line and give HER a solid hand...

Here's hoping....
    Yeah, I don't even display her with the comb/whip.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post

=)
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post

=)
    lol the skin tone is just a lil off don't you think

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    What was the issue with Skeletor's hand? My reissue Skeletor has stress on his hands from when I put the staff in it, like a very very minor detracting between the figures. It's annoying me, even though it's minor,

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Won't happen.

Mattel could reissue Catra with a firm hand and whip and give us a soft whip in a weapons pack somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeoftheBeast View Post
    What was the issue with Skeletor's hand? My reissue Skeletor has stress on his hands from when I put the staff in it, like a very very minor detracting between the figures. It's annoying me, even though it's minor,
    Nothing was wrong with the 1st release Skeletor hand. The hand was more open than the reissue and some complained about Skeletor not being able to hold weapons correctly in both hands because of the wider grip. I prefer this because he can hold his staff better with a two-handed grip.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; December 23, 2011 at 06:50am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Mattel could reissue Catra with a firm hand and whip and give us a soft whip in a weapons pack somewhere down the line.
    THIS ! And let us not forget about her "Super-Soft Cat Sword" !

I am sure Catra will lose all of her battles if she has a sword (?) like that !!

I wouldn’t mind buying another 3 if she gets these corrections !!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

They should give the hard spell-casting Catra hand to the toy line version to make it more special.

Heroic Warrior
    Mattel won't bother reissuing Catra with a firmer, less squishy hand. You know what they'd tell us : "It will cost a SKU/tool slot... would you prefer an improved reissued Catra, or a Ram Man ?".

So, they'll reissue her JUST as she was released the 1st time...

Sad, but I fear it's unfortunately true.

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Mattel won't bother reissuing Catra with a firmer, less squishy hand. You know what they'd tell us : "It will cost a SKU/tool slot... would you prefer an improved reissued Catra, or a Ram Man ?".

So, they'll reissue her JUST as she was released the 1st time...

Sad, but I fear it's unfortunately true.
    Why it has to be linked with a new tooling anyway ? Its just HARD plastic Vs SOFT plastic issue !

If TG thinks this way, we will get this fixed for sure !!

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    They should give the hard spell-casting Catra hand to the toy line version to make it more special.
    Now we need a "Hand Pack" !
    Hey, I may not get my Filmation Skeletor, Filmation Teela, or Sorceress 2.0............ BUT, Some Day.......... Somehow...... Mattel will give me the another variants of these same characters ! However, there is very little chance for your Kayo, or Calix or Vultak or any of your desired characters if you fail to support the 2.0's & variants in 2016.... or in the future !

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    But Toyguru said it was for safety reasons

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I remember Toyguru saying that they started doing all first runs and re-issue runs at the exact same time to save money. So, the re-issue Catra is probably already made with squishy hand.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    But Toyguru said it was for safety reasons
    it was...safety for Mattel's wallet

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    I think you're mistaken on this.

Changing the figures colors or accessories would require a new SKU. I highly doubt changing the plastic would demand a seperate SKU or tool slot.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    If the issue is that the whip and the Hand share a mold...then Either matty has a LOT of Goth pale whips left over OR we know what to expect in the next Weapons pack!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Why would you want Catra to not have a whip? That is her weapon.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I wishher hand was harder but I won't buy a re-issue just for that.

Exactly BGEL spell casting hand was cast from the Catra mold, so if the whip is in the mold it is easy to pore one type of plastic into the hand portion and another in the whip portion. It doesn't have to be the same plastic, obviously BGEL's hand turned out firmer, still not as firm as I would like but a HUGE improvement over Catra's. Obviously the plastic can be different for the hand and the whip, just look at the color on Catra. I doubt her hand is silver and if a new whip is in a new weapons pack from BGEL then I doubt the whip is her skin color. If the hand was attached to the whip in the mold, which means you couldn't remove it! then YES the plastic would need to remain the same. But a mold could easily hold a head, an arm and an outfit for a figure. You just pore certain colored plastic into the mold of whatever you are wanting to be that color.

Head and arm beige or skin toned, outfit could be black plastic or a cape in the same mold could be purple or blood red.

They need to change her hand on her reissue, making it firm like BGEL and using the plastic color used for her skin, so there is no need to repaint it.

Catra's current hand feels like something a creative person could sculpt themselves using caulking glue or another type of material that is as soft as her hand currently is.

Mattel either used a new mold (highly doubtful) or poured the plastic into the hand mold only, they used a slightly firmer plastic, but so happy BGEL's hand didn't need to be repainted or is to squishy that it would break. I always worry that if you get a little too rough Catra's hand is going to break, it is so soft!

If Barbie's (For instance Twilight Adult Collector Barbies) and other various MOTU sized figures can have hands very similar to Catra's hand and they are in retail with the same firmness as the other hand on the figure. So Safety issue? I doubt that, because Mattel already had figures in retail with hands in a similar pose and the plastic is no different than the rest of the figure.

Barbie is a lot firmer and just going to the store and looking at the various barbies, they are bigger hands and more dangerous to scratch your eye out then a 6" figure. Monster High dolls by Mattel have the correct firmness needed and some of their hands IMO are shaped more dangerous than Catra's but yet Catra's hand is made of melted gummy bears and then repainted LOL
    Last edited by CicconeSC; December 24, 2011 at 02:57pm.

Safety ??? Think Stratos, Beast Man, Moss Man & now BG Evil-Lyn !!

Is Matty trying to say these figures hands will not hurt your eyes ?

Poor & "unlucky" Catra !!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Maybe Mattel in their Paranoia over 'Dangerous' toys thought that we would take Catras Scratching powers litterally and sue em!

ya think?

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    Maybe Mattel in their Paranoia over 'Dangerous' toys thought that we would take Catras Scratching powers litterally and sue em!

ya think?

ka
    LMAO something like that, I am just happy that BGEL's hand turned out a bit firmer and made with the same plastic of the rest of her body.

Personally IMO the females with 1.0 bodies, well at least, yellow Evil Lyn, Teela, Adora and Catra should be redone like She-ra but with the same look as the original, throw on some extra body armor that is removable if you need to, to call them 2.0. But they should be reissued with the 2.0 body and the same outfit as the old 1.0 toy. Teela could have a removable upper chest armor or she could be formal wear Teela LMAO just as long as we get 2.0 Teela with her original and well known outfit.

Heroic Warrior
    I honestly think Catra is fine. I started off a little iffy bout the hand and the sword...but she grew on me.
    She's probably one of the few figures that I'd consider 'perfect'...or purrfect.