Thread: Teela 2.0 variant

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

Teela 2.0 variant

now that we have She-Ra 2.0 with better articulation do you suppose that we could get an updated Teela variant? a more MYP 200x inspired Teela variant with waist articulation allowing better possibility. plus include the young MYP style head with the long pony tail. also add the regular Teela head that was already released & any other accessories if economical.
    How about it?

I'm interested if it includes corrected snake armor, so it looks how it appeared in the comics--two pieces, to allow for head articulation.

i REALLY want a 2000x Teela i love that outfit and her really long hair in the show

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Aside from a waist twist and no bobblehead, I think she should have the blonde version of her normal head.

I think 200X Teela should be a teen female buck, not normal adult Teela wearing a new costume.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Aside from a waist twist and no bobblehead, I think she should have the blonde version of her normal head.

I think 200X Teela should be a teen female buck, not normal adult Teela wearing a new costume.
    mmm you do have a point and we do need a teen buck for both boys *2000x Prince Adam,Prince Zed* and girls *Starchild*

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    I'm interested if it includes corrected snake armor, so it looks how it appeared in the comics--two pieces, to allow for head articulation.
    This please. It's time. Been wanting this for awhile.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

i would love her from the first panel of this comic. i love the snake armor with the long blond hair

Yeah, if we get a 2.0 Teela, just give me a Teen 200x-classicized Teela. I am not really waiting for one, nor the 200x teen Prince Adam, but that is a no brainer.

But with Green Goddess and Battleground, I dont really need a new Teela. Unless we get a Unicorn steed.

maybe. less likely i am afraid unless there are good candidates to use the same young female buck. i'd like another teela for more articulation & i want to display the first as teela the sorceress with the serpent outfit. more options.

I have my fingers crossed for the old costume but with the twist waist ability, gold forearm bracers like the classic toy, two all-new heads: one shaggy blonde (not up in a bun) from the original 4 Alcala mini-comics with that sorta spiky headband (sorry, but the BG Teela blonde haired-head is NOT the same thing), and the second head with the long-flowing dark-haired ponytail like the 2002 figure.
    I would use this variant as a means to include one of those swords from Filmation that she's often seen sparring with. I would include a second accessory, but not really sure what it would be. The same shield or staff from the original release in slightly different colors? Or is there a weapon I'm forgetting that she's often seen using in Filmation or MYP? Anyways, this 2.0 Teela would, like BP She-Ra, be my ultimate Teela (and I can always lift the weapons from the first release if the 2.0 came with all-new stuff).
    My old Teela? That one I would relegate to sporting the cobra armor full-time on my shelf.
    I'm not at all interested in a MYP "female teen buck" Teela.
    Normally I'm not heavy into variants at all, but there's an exception with Teela. The other two versions of Teela I'd be interested in seeing released would be NA Teela and the "new Sorceress" Teela.

How about a Super Teela 2.0 with parts to pull off these looks, with customizing-through-swapping with Version 1:

-new Filmation-esque body suit (removable ala' Captain Glenn)
    -Skeletor's Bride (dress is removable ala' Queen Marlena)
    -MYP/200X Teela head
    -swapped colorations on the previous 2 heads
    -accessories could include her MYP hoverboard, Filmation sword, 2-part Snake armor that would work with the helmeted Version 1 head
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

If Teela's tunic were to be removable, a second outfit from Secret Liquid of Life would make me happy.

As for the two-piece snake armor, perhaps that is better suited for a Goddess 2.0 or Sharella? non green of course.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Liquid of Life would be cool too...with swappable heads and...bridal dress! (Support Skeltor's Bride Teela!)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Heroic Warrior
    I know I won't be the cool kid at school, but I'm just dying for a Filmation head. Heck, I'd be perfectly happy to buy a Teela 1.0 if they threw on a head that actually looked like Teela in the cartoon.

That said, I hope everyone gets their wishes - so long as somewhere in there a Filmation Accurate Teela head shows up.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Here's what I posted when this came up before. No point in doing the same design again, and might as well take full advantage and do two sets of "armour" and two heads...

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Here's what I posted when this came up before. No point in doing the same design again, and might as well take full advantage and do two sets of "armour" and two heads...

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...elaMicros2.png
    i totally want that! we have a winner with this one. i'd pay $25 even to get those accessory outfits & extra heads. that is brilliant. regular white leotard underneath make for fun customizing & gives three options for teela. too with that painted on leotard you could put a dress over her with no difficulty (queen marlana/glenn). with the two outfits you could get the filmation style & myp. how sweet is that?

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    I'd settle for just a plain 2.0 Teela.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...elaMicros2.png
    Well yes there is a point in doing the same design, to improve upon it like with She-Ra. What you've posted isn't a Teela 2.0, it's a pure variant.

But regardless, Toyguru shot down the idea recently as there is no 'compelling reason'.

TG, Your Personal Figures Wish List That Deserves 2.0 Treatment !

I know some of them definitely need a 2.0 tweak ! Can you tell us the list from your very mouth ?

FOR FUN : We want your alter ego's answer as well ! SCOTT - MOTUC Fan & TG - Brand Manger Of MOTUC !!

Love to take another crack at Teela and He-Man. Although I honestly don't see that happening anytime soon. We are so limited on the number of skus we get each year that giving them to all new characters almost always takes priority.

The main reason we got to a She-Ra 2.0 is to allow her to sit on Swiftwind. We haven't really had as compelling a reason to "have to" do another 2.0. Sure it would be "nice" but when we have such limited development skus it can come down to, should we do another Teela/He-Man or an all new character like Mosquitor or Cataspella? Usually all new character wins. We just don't have resources to do unlimited figures each year!
    Personally I'd take a Teela 2.0 over a Mosquitor or Castaspella, neither of which I have any interest in. But I know I'm in the minority.

I'll only get a Teela 2.0 if she comes with her 200X head.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Personally I'd take a Teela 2.0 over a Mosquitor or Castaspella, neither of which I have any interest in. But I know I'm in the minority.
    Don't let Pixel Dan hear you say that.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

i don't think i want ANY 2.0's until we get threw all the other carters in the MOTU-verse

perhaps im in the minority on this...but i don't wanna have to by the same characters over again... i think what we have is just fine....
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

I tried putting Teela in the Wind Raider, and it was hard getting her into a decent sitting position. Even after pushing the legs up as far as I could, it was still a bit off. BG Teela and Evil-Lyn have no problems sitting perfectly upright in the cockpit. So it reminded me of this thread...

What they can do with a Teela 2.0:
    --2-piece tunic for waist articulation
    --softer plastic
    --fix the bobblehead problem many have
    --make a new 2-piece snake armor for head articulation
    --add the new bracer articulation
    --include the vintage toy-coloured weapons many seem to want

And that's just for starters. If those aren't compelling reasons, then nothing outside of She-Ra sitting on Swift Wind will ever be a compelling reason to redo a figure.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Don't forget a blonde Teela head. Since Teela vs Wonder Woman didn't happen, this is a great opportunity to make this happen.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr