Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Da DDD (The Demo Man Display Dilemma)

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar

Da DDD (The Demo Man Display Dilemma)

I am eagerly anticipating Demo Man's arrival - he is one of my favorite characters. Yet, he is also the cause of some anxiety: where will I put him in my display case? I try to bring some order in the way I display my figures, e.g. I have the Royal Family in one spot, together with Orko, Tee-La and MAA; or, another example: The Evil Horde as a faction are all trooped together.

Now, what with Demo Man? My first idea: I can put Keldor somewhat more in the back (next to him BG Evil-Lyn and somewhat behind her The Faceless One), a bit more to the front would be Demo-Man and in front of him Skelly (WITH ALCALA HEAD!) sided by the original Evil-Lyn. There's some continuity in that, I guess.

Another idea: place Demo Man on my Preternia/PoG shelf. On one side we would have Vikor, PD He-Man, He-Ro and King Grayskull. On the other side Megator, Gygor (don't ask me why, he fits right in) and Demo-Man (this would put some more weight in the 'evil' scale of the balance).

Oh, the dilemma... what should I do, what should I do?

I'm awaiting suggestions, ideas, comments... Where are you going to put (the awesome) Demo Man?
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Demo-Man is going on my Preternia shelf, next to Vikor, trying to recreate the concept drawing.
    In my canon, he's Vikor's enemy, leader of the FFM.

I move mine around periodically, but I'll probably put him on the shelf with Preternia and other previous He-Men and such.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Well I'm going to display Normal Hordak in the back as if he was casting a spell. On his left side I'll place Keldor, on his Right side, Demo Man then Skeletor with the Alcala head right between them.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Demo-Man is going on my Preternia shelf, next to Vikor, trying to recreate the concept drawing.
    I do exactly the same and on my shelf Gygor and BG Teela are joining Vikor's Forces.

He'll be going with the rest of the Preternia villains in my display.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I've been pondering this same question for sometime now. My best guess is that I will be placing him on my Pre-Ternia shelf. I've also considered placing him with my variants.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

I'm going to start a new shelf with Alcala head Skeletor piloting the Wind Raider in the center then Vikor, BG Teela and Demo-Man posed in front. Gygor might look good in the back of them too, hadn't thought about that.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Hmmmm... some very interesting suggestions here. Bringing in Hordak is of course a very legitimate move. On the other side, that would make this dilemma officially a TRIlemma... NOOOOOOO... :-D
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    My first thought is with the Pre-Eternia folks, but I only have one open space left there, and that's reserved for Eldor. He'll probably wind up in one of the non-themed displays I have. Wundarr could use someone to bop on the nogging with his bread loaf, so maybe Demo will go there.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    He's a guy dressed in a girl's tiara and a mini-skirt, so he's going with the POP characters as a minion for Shadow Weaver in my display.
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I have a Preternia (or at least, pre-regular MOTU continuity) display with He-Ro, the Goddess, Faceless One, etc. That's where he'll be going, to loom over Vikor.

It's a pleasant problem, having so many different characters and figuring out where to put them!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I think I'm actually going to put him alongside Beast Man and Mer-Man on the display shelf with the Alcala-headed Skeletor... a beast man, a fish man, a demon man... he's rather "first wave"-looking if you ask me, and so should be amongst Skeletor's ranks. It's a case where "yeah, I know what the bio says he is" but I prefer to display him in the line-up with the Evil Warriors.

He'll go next to Vikor
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    It's a case where "yeah, I know what the bio says he is" but I prefer to display him in the line-up with the Evil Warriors.
    Lol, I never take the bios seriously, I make up my own,
    I even change some characters names/affiliations etc...
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    He's a guy dressed in a girl's tiara and a mini-skirt, so he's going with the POP characters as a minion for Shadow Weaver in my display.
    Same........
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I plan on having him leading the Marvel U Frost Giants and fighting Vikor on my Tweenternia shelf. (Vikor, Gygor, Frost Giants, Keldor, Marzo, Shadow Beasts... etc) All the pre He-man and post Preternia time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    Reposted for Truth.

I'll add that I have a "historic" shelf with preternia and any earlier versions of characters (with Keldor ect as well as Preternians) and also a Variant Shelf (which I may put Keldor and Kronis on when I get my Battleground Evil Lyn who will be my "Pre Yellow young" Lyn)

I think having him on the preternian shelf is just fine. Go Leader of the Fighting Foe Men!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    I plan on having him leading the Marvel U Frost Giants and fighting Vikor on my Tweenternia shelf. (Vikor, Gygor, Frost Giants, Keldor, Marzo, Shadow Beasts... etc) All the pre He-man and post Preternia time.
    Because of space limitations, I think I just may have to use your "Tweenternia" idea, which is wonderful! Thanks for the idea.
    Last edited by baronterror; December 9, 2011 at 12:17pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I'm just gona display him in a pile of severed heads with all the other figures giving him a wide berth.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I have a shelf with Preternia/PoG and variants where he'll fit in nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I'm just gona display him in a pile of severed heads with all the other figures giving him a wide berth.
    Now I'm thinking of stealing this idea.

For me, I've got BG Teela with Vikor. Going to have Demo-Man there with them, but now I need the concept Witch character to pose with Demo-Man!

Also, I'm thinking the Griffon, although he is more or less for Beastman, I'll be using the Griffon as Demo-Man's beast mount... Who's with me?!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    In my case I have a "catch-all" villains shelf at the moment with non-Evil-Warriors and non-Horde members. (Currently, it consists of Count Marzo and the Shadow Beast, King Hsss, and Gygor.) I think Demo-Man will go on there for now.
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    For me, I've got BG Teela with Vikor. Going to have Demo-Man there with them, but now I need the concept Witch character to pose with Demo-Man!
    Yeah, he's the barbarian battler for me too although I'll probably have Vikor standing on top of his defeated carcass.

I'll put all of the villains that Evil-Lyn has freed on one shelf. And that shelf will probably break.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    i already know were demo-man is going to go when i get shelves & more figures in the line. hes going to be displayed with preternia characters.