Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Demo-Man kill Vikor?

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar

Did Demo-Man kill Vikor?

After watching Pixel Dan's review of Demo-Man, I couldn't stop thinking about the extra skull that comes with this figure. Who was that? It's easy to say since the horned helmet on the skull looks close to the helmet Vikor wears this could be a closed case. But doing some research, timeline-wise, it could make sense...

In Demo-Man's bio it states: Hordak intended to use this ruse as a means to escape once the portal was opened, but the new merged being Skeletor was quickly defeated by Oo-Lar...

Now, Oo-lar is suggessted to be the protector of the power swords after Vikor and Wun-Dar:

- KING GRAYSKULL, "Heroic Ancestor of He-Man": 500 years ago.
    - VIKOR, "He-Man of the North": 1st "He-Men", 500 years ago.
    - WUN-DAR, "Savage He-Man": 100 years ago.
    - OO-LARR, "Jungle He-Man": Great Unrest.
    - PRINCE ADAM, "He-man": Present. Adam is the first to tap into the Power of Grayskull to transform and then call himself He-Man.

Thread located here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=201187

So chronologically, it could be possible the skull head belongs to the deceased Vikor...cha think?
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic Warrior
    I don't really know, but I'm keen to try that head on my Vikor figure!

Heroic Warrior
    I strongly doubt that the helmetted skull is Vikor's if for no other reason the helmet looks nothing like Vikor's and Demo-man's extra head is nothing more that an homage to his original concept art. That's not to say that Demo-man didn't kill him, but the skull just isn't reasonable proof that he did.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I prefer think Vikor traped Demo-Man in he Dwell of Souls. Demo-Man remained traped until Keldor transformed into Skeletor.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

No - like any intelligent, non-mortal villain, Demo just waited for Vikor to get old & then came out of hiding to continue his evil plans until the next pseudo-messiah arrived.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

5000...not 500. Recall the Retcon on on that? I like it that way.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Personally, I don't think so. The skull comes from the production sketch of Demo-Man when he was intended to be an adversary of Vikor. I imagine the skull was one of the many who fought on the side of good in the Northern lands. Probably many of Vikor's copatriots wore similar head garb.

Also, Vikor was 5,000 years before Adam, not 500 years.

I didn't see anything about that in the bios, but who knows.

Still struggling with where exactly Demo Man fits on my shelf. I like the figure.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I like him too. I'll just enjoy him and leave it at that.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    The skull isn't Vikor's skull. For one, the helmet is different. The skull that comes with Demo-Man actually appeared in the original art for the character (next to his feet).
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Heroic Warrior
    YEP!!!

King Grayskull put his power into the sword, which was then split to keep safe.

Vikor used one half the sword and died. Demo-man got that half.

Demo-man is banished taking all knowledge of where HIS half of the sword with him....

Thus hordak tricks Keldor into merging with the demon, gaining the knowledge of where the purple half is, and the battle for the swords continues...

No, those helmets look nothing alike so to use it as evidence of it being vikors is a bit of a stretch, also viking helmets are a standard in alot of fantasty worlds, and since it was used in promo art back before the line began when demo man was to be vikors enemy and the skull is clearly an easter egg homage to that picture, i just doubt the artists back then would draw their main character dead at the feet of the enemy before the line started. If anything it was a friend of vikor, or a random victim, my guess is random victim as it would show the dangerouness and evil better than if the guy was killed honorably in battle

But no, just because they are both viking helmets doesnt make them both vikors, thats like saying dekker and clamp champ are related cause they are both black, its ridiculous
    www.nywcwrestling.com - Best Independent Wrestling on Long Island!

Want:
    SDCC Filmation Hordak w/ Imp and Treasure Chest Imp

Have:
    Goat Man, Loo-kee, and Kowl

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

i'll be using it as the skull of vikor's son. the skull looks a little small compared to all the other MOTUC heads (although that could be because of the missing jaw), so i think of it as coming from a younger person. i decided to make it a relative of vikor because not only is the helmet similar, but it also gives vikor the drive to become a protector of eternia and the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    YEP!!!

Demo-man is banished taking all knowledge of where HIS half of the sword with him....

Thus hordak tricks Keldor into merging with the demon, gaining the knowledge of where the purple half is, and the battle for the swords continues...
    Good one!!!!!!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm more interested in... Did Demo-Man kill Keldor?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    No. This is clearly evident in the bio:

Quote Originally Posted by MOTUC Demo-Man Bio
    DEMO-MAN - Evil Spirit of Despondos

Realizing his pupil Keldor had no intention of releasing him from Despondos, Hordak merged him with an extra-dimensional being called Demo-Man. While this saved Keldor's life, it also drove him temporarily insane and convinced him to open a portal to Despondos and lead what he thought were "his people" into Eternia. Hordak intended to use this ruse as a means to escape once the portal was opened, but the new merged being "Skeletor" was quickly defeated by Oo-Larr, the Jungle He-Man, and Hordak remained trapped. Soon after, with the help of Evil-Lyn, Skeletor gained control of the powerful spirit inside him, increasing his abilities ten-fold. He was now the true Overlord of Evil and one of the most dangerous men on Eternia!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    YEP!!!

I like it. I may keep that in my personal Cannon.

For some reason I have thought that Demo-Man did in fact kill Vikor "at the end", but I dont think that' his skull, though that is exactly what I thought at first.

I like that in a previous iteration of Good vs Evil that the Bad Guy won, at least before he himself got geeked.

Demo-Man is definately the leader of the Fighting Foe Men, and Vikor's foe. Though this has not been confirmed right? But it is obvious, so until otherwise shown, this is the truth.

I love how Demo-Man validates the minicomic of Skeletor trying to let in "more of his race of skeletors" into the Eternian realm. It's really Demo-Man's people, and in that bio I think this is the obvious point. Demo-Man/Skeletor was Oo-Larr's foe. So Alcala Head Skeletor goes against Oo-Lar's figure.

From a time before the merger induced insanity settled down and Skeletor became fully who he is today.

I love this more and more. It's making all era's of the story legitamit and stronger. Everything has a place.
    Last edited by baronterror; December 9, 2011 at 01:13pm.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    I love how Demo-Man validates the minicomic of Skeletor trying to let in "more of his race of skeletors" into the Eternian realm. It's really Demo-Man's people, and in that bio I think this is the obvious point. Demo-Man/Skeletor was Oo-Larr's foe. So Alcala Head Skeletor goes against Oo-Lar's figure.

From a time before the merger induced insanity settled down and Skeletor became fully who he is today.

I love this more and more. It's making all era's of the story legitamit and stronger. Everything has a place.
    Yes, as much as I turn my nose up at the bios, this one is one of the stronger pieces.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    No. This is clearly evident in the bio:
    Meh. The bios mean nothing to me. In my canon they weren't merged.

What I mean is... Do you guys think Keldor is still conscious and in charge of the living body, or is Demo-Man in control, or a mix of the two?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Warrior
    For me, personally, there is no " one is killing the other".

MOTU is constant battle, they vanish over the time, but I never like the idea of letting characters die in MOTU...

Heroic Warrior
    Then your orginal question:
    Is pointless as only you would know that in your own canon, wouldn't you?

What I mean is... Do you guys think Keldor is still conscious and in charge of the living body, or is Demo-Man in control, or a mix of the two?
    According to the bios, Keldor is in control. If you want to ignore the bios, then it's however you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    For me, personally, there is no " one is killing the other".

MOTU is constant battle, they vanish over the time, but I never like the idea of letting characters die in MOTU...
    every master dies - not every master really lives.

I think what the bios is trying to say is, after Keldor refused to release Hordak, Hordak merged Demo-Man with Keldor who he thought was more powerful and Demo-man using Keldor's body would release Hordak. But Skeletor's will was stronger and not only did he take full control consciously, but he took all of Demo-man's powers as well making him the true overlord of destruction. Which is why magically he is the most powerful villain, over Lyn, Weaver and Marzo.

I prefer the opposite...Vikor 'killed' Demo-Man. Who then ended up in whatever loser dimension he's from, where he floated around until Hordak fused his body into Keldor's.

Quote Originally Posted by AximusPrime View Post
    I strongly doubt that the helmetted skull is Vikor's if for no other reason the helmet looks nothing like Vikor's and Demo-man's extra head is nothing more that an homage to his original concept art. That's not to say that Demo-man didn't kill him, but the skull just isn't reasonable proof that he did.

My thoughts Exactly! The helmets are not even the same design aside from both having horns. Vikors horns on his helmet were white while the skull with Demo-Man's are black horns and not the same design on the helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I think what the bios is trying to say is, after Keldor refused to release Hordak, Hordak merged Demo-Man with Keldor who he thought was more powerful and Demo-man using Keldor's body would release Hordak. But Skeletor's will was stronger and not only did he take full control consciously, but he took all of Demo-man's powers as well making him the true overlord of destruction. Which is why magically he is the most powerful villain, over Lyn, Weaver and Marzo.

Well said sir!
    Last edited by mjw41; December 11, 2011 at 11:03am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost