Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New "hood"-piece for Skeletor

New "hood"-piece for Skeletor

There have been some talk about Skeletor neck being visible on the figure.

I was thinking one solution would be that next Skeletor variant to have a hood neck piece? Something like a separate armour piece that you can put between the normal armour and the head to hide the neck. The piece would look just like extension of Skeletor's hood.

Cool thing would be that you could put the piece to any Skeletor, so it would be additional demand for the release.

I would be interested in this, would you guys?

Heroic Warrior
    The only problem is the plastic color seems to be a bit different on the re-issue vs. the original vs. TRU. If nothing else I'd totally expect them to create it on a variant you can't remove- until they put it in a weapon pack maybe.

Heroic Warrior
    a yellow/bone white Scareglow head with a hood piece like DCUC's Raven or Lord Naga in the color of Keldor's cape would do the job nicely. even better if the next Skeletor varient was an oversized set with MYP style armor, head and lion cloth and came with his throne. add in an evil looking crown accessory and call him "King Skeletor".

Heroic Warrior
    Wouldn't adding anything in there interfere with head movement?

Maybe they could paint the neck armor purple... that might help.

The Alcala head accomplishes this feat..not completely down to the shoulders, but covers the neck more, and if done correctly shouldn't hinder the articulation, because as long as it doesn't sit on his shoulders, the underside can be hollowed out to provide the room, and snapped in place, no one would see it....but for this, I would like to see it done on a Filmation Skeletor.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Doesn't the hood on the Alcala head cover the neck?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I'm in the mind set that Matty should go back to the core figures and make a He-man and Skeletor 2.0. I would make He-man with the new improved ankle joints. Updated weapons with a shield with a grip instead of a clip

I would get a new and improved Skeletor with an updated hood. I would also update the weapons.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

I put on Keldor's cape on my Skeletor to cover up the neck at least on the front. I always thought Skeletor looked much better with a cape as shown in MYP. But I'm not a big fan of the floating skull head.

I honestly do not like the cape on Skeletor. It is just too different of a shade of a purple (even for the TRU version), it does not cover the shoulders, and the gap for the swords is annoying. I think it is mostly due to the lack of cover the shoulders that ruins it for me though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I'm in the mind set that Matty should go back to the core figures and make a He-man and Skeletor 2.0. I would make He-man with the new improved ankle joints. Updated weapons with a shield with a grip instead of a clip

I would get a new and improved Skeletor with an updated hood. I would also update the weapons.
    FILMATION SKELETOR !!!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

I think the best solution is to make it more of a head "wrap" that looks like a hood/scarf (you see these in the middle east, but I don't know the name). 200X's figure had a bit of that look, and if the neck is the same color to mask if it peeks through when the head is tilted down, viola. I HATE the bonnet head.

I have a simple perfect solution: Neck should be painted purple.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

I don't think that would look very good... Honestly though, it doesn't bother me anyway.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    I have a simple perfect solution: Neck should be painted purple.
    The neck painted purple would not look good at all..and wouldn't take the place of a longer hood....BA Skeletors feet were painted purple, and in my opinion they don't look right...had they opted for the Keldor boot feet...that would have looked better. But a painted neck, no.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Funny enough, I think the purple feet look way better on the normal Skeletor than they do on the BA one. I'm not sure why, but it does.

Heroic Warrior
    If covering the neck is for the Filmation look, the jaw is much different. It's not really connected to the upper half of the skull like on the MOTUC figure. It just sort of floats around by the cheeks. The jaw also doesn't cover the whole chin. Plus, his brow need to be more furrowed. The MOTUC head is too happy looking without angry brow. The only time he didn't have the furrowed brow was when he was disappointed about something. Otherwise, angry brow was there. Overall, it would need a new head. If Mattel made a Filmation variant, it would need more than just another hood piece.

Starting with Keldor:
    Blank forearms (Oo-Lar's probably)
    New loincloth piece with no fur and Roman gladiator flaps in front and back.
    Purple handle Havoc Staff with gray head

His differences aren't as massive as Hordak's, but they're still there.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post

Agree here, except i'd give Skeletor an articulated jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Death Weed View Post
    If covering the neck is for the Filmation look, the jaw is much different. It's not really connected to the upper half of the skull like on the MOTUC figure. It just sort of floats around by the cheeks. The jaw also doesn't cover the whole chin. Plus, his brow need to be more furrowed. The MOTUC head is too happy looking without angry brow. The only time he didn't have the furrowed brow was when he was disappointed about something. Otherwise, angry brow was there. Overall, it would need a new head. If Mattel made a Filmation variant, it would need more than just another hood piece.

Starting with Keldor:
    Blank forearms (Oo-Lar's probably)
    New loincloth piece with no fur and Roman gladiator flaps in front and back.
    Purple handle Havoc Staff with gray head

His differences aren't as massive as Hordak's, but they're still there.
    Why Filmation? Why not MYP? Why not a comic head? Why not just an original head?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Why Filmation? Why not MYP? Why not a comic head? Why not just an original head?
    They did an updated vintage head already..is what it will come down to....the 2002 version, probably wouldn't be as big as you'd think, the Filmation Skeletor would possibly beat that one out..not sure, but seems to be more that lean towards the Filmation, not entirely sure though....They wouldn't do a 2002 Skeletor..because it would be Classic-ized anyway...and would look probably no different than Keldor with a Skull face & hood, since Keldor was made to fit into Classics and he and Skeletor shared the same body in the 2002 line anyway...

I know some would say...a 200X Skeletor would get new shin guards, maybe a new loin cloth, head & staff...but Mattel doesn't seem to be too interested in doing more than 200X heads in a Classics style for use on a vintage based body...and like I said Keldor was 200X...and he looks like he does....so you might get a 200X based Skeletor head..but that's probably it...look at Fisto....

Filmation Skeletor would require a bit of new tooling...mainly forearms, head & loin cloth..because he had those slats hanging in the back too, not just fur. A new head for the Staff....and replace the claw feet with Keldor boots. But seems Mattel would do him before the other, with their vintage > all others, thinking.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 25, 2011 at 12:06am.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Filmation Skeletor would need no new tooling, but the MYP would. The tassles on the waist is the biggest thing that needs updating, along with 5 toed feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Filmation Skeletor would need no new tooling, but the MYP would. The tassles on the waist is the biggest thing that needs updating, along with 5 toed feet.
    How do you figure? Filmation Skeletor looks different from the Classics in a few areas, that would require new tooling.

And I didn't say the 200X version wouldn't need new tooling, I said they probably wouldn't do it, because to make him Classics he would be made to look like Keldor does already...maybe they wouldn't, but Mattel seems to short the 200X fans in that aspect. And even though I love her, and can't wait to get her...look what they did to BG Evil-Lyn, she was supposed represent that line...
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Skeletor's bonnet has ALREADY been solved with either the Preternia He-Man hood or the Alcala hood.

Mattel has already said they'd be providing the MYP/200X Skeletor sword and releasing it with an MYP/200X Skeletor quarterly variant.

Mattel and the 4H could use the Preternia or Alcala hood, add a MATCHING cape, paint his bracers(FINALLY!!!) and use the Demo-Man feet to give us a 2002 variant.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Off topic: what is the green guy with the hood? PM me if you want to keep this on track.
    [This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Judging from the pictures Alcala-head does not solve the neck issue, although it might make it a bit better. I guess we see it first hand whenever it actually starts arriving.

While a separate piece might hinder articulation of the head a bit, I think it would be worth it. It would also give a good chance to freshen up the character if you want, a bit like you can use Keldor's cloak on Skeletor if you want.

Definite having version with body parts of Alcala version would be good too, but I hope the neck issue was better addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    Judging from the pictures Alcala-head does not solve the neck issue, although it might make it a bit better. I guess we see it first hand whenever it actually starts arriving.

While a separate piece might hinder articulation of the head a bit, I think it would be worth it. It would also give a good chance to freshen up the character if you want, a bit like you can use Keldor's cloak on Skeletor if you want.

Definite having version with body parts of Alcala version would be good too, but I hope the neck issue was better addressed.
    No it doesn't solve it, but it does make it look less noticeable.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor