Thread: WTFWTK 2.71 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.71 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by JVS3.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. O'hartley: Can we expect 200X's Snake Armor He-Man figure in the MOTUC line?

2. Bulkhide: With 2012 being both the 30th Anniversary of MOTU as well as the 10th Anniversary of the 200X Remake of MOTU, are there any plans for one or two 200X surprises thrown in for fans of the 200X series?

3. DamnSmooth: Do fans need to worry about the filmation license running out before you can get to some of their favorite charactors or is the license good for the life of the MOTUC line?

4. Skeletortilla: Will Mattel work on simplifying/speeding up the return/exchange process for defective items sold on Mattycollector? It currently takes almost a week just to get a response from Digital River. Some type of online form would be great where you can sign in to your Mattycollector account, enter the defective product UPC, describe the problem, select refund or exchange, and be sent a postage paid return label via email the same day.

5. Prahvus: Are the Meteorbs included in the current MOTUC roadmap?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Folks have complained that Snout Spout's bendable trunk is already causing some cracking paint, and a lot of people's DCUC's Clayface figure's bendable arms have deteriorated and cracked over the years (something I experienced first-hand). With this in mind, when it comes time for Entrapta can Mattel please consider something other than bendable braids (ala Snout Spout's trunk) to execute her "action feature"?

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Now that we know Keldor's swords are coming in 2012 is there anyway we might get Skeletor's Filmation sword as a pack-in? Maybe with Fangman if he's ever produced?
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Heroic Warrior
    Have you come up with a method to combine shipping for sub items and Matty day-of-sale items, so that sub holders can purchase extras and non-sub items and save on shipping? Maybe you can allow sub holders to purchase those extra items a few days before each actual sale starts.

Will Matty be doing anything serious about ongoing QC issues?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Warrior
    Will Matty do anything serious to REALLY improve the fans' buying experience (including improvements on these points : mattycollector's website, a better ordering experience, a enhanced and competent way of dealing with the orders, an easy and smooth change process as far as credt cards and addresses are concerned, and a customer service which actually deserves the name "service") ?
    Last edited by Prahvus; December 5, 2011 at 04:03pm.

Heroic Warrior

movie year sucess

How successful does a Masters movie have to be to get a Castle Greyskull or mini comics or new toon?

Beause I would imagine if a movie came out and only made 5 million with luke warm or bad reviews nothing would be made.

MOD HELP BUMP:

I spelled "success" wrong. I was to late in catching it. Can a mod or somebody fix that. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE?
    Last edited by midor; December 5, 2011 at 11:52pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What are the factors when deciding if a heroine/villainess gets twisty thighs like She-Ra (both versions) or non-twisty thighs like Battleground Teela?
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

PLEASE don't use my ID when posting this question... make one up, and tell me

I was wondering if there is any update on combined shipping starting January 2012 for the Club Eternia Items and the MOTUC 30th Anniversary Sub items, and if Digital River will be refunding the difference in shipping, as charges for shipping (and tax on the shipping) appear on both invoices in customers' order histories.

I ordered one of each Subscription, at different times (the Club Eternia Subscription when it went on sale in July 2011, and the 30th Anniversary Subscription later on).

I used the same account to order, the same credit card to pay, and both are listed as shipping to the same address (my home).

On Mattycollector, the Order History has a $13.15 charge for shipping (I used UPS Ground) for the Club Eternia Figure (Sorceress) and a $13.15 charge for shipping for the 30th Anniversary Subscription.

I know that UPS doesn't charge that much for one figure, especially with a corporate rate, but I know Digitial River charges a lot for "Handling." It does not please me as a long-time, extremely loyal customer, but that's not my point.

My point is that I do not want to pay $13.15 (plus the tax on that shipping charge) extra for the shipping of the 30th anniversary Subscription Figure, especially after hearing from Mattel that the Subscriptions would ship together if the customer purchased them via the same account, with the same credit card, and had them shipped to the same address.

There has been more than enough time to straighten this out, and it is not the customers' responsibility to make this happen.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Widget

POP 12 Pack

There are 12 POP Rebel women left right now, i.e.

1.Glimmer
    2.Queen Angela
    3.Frosta
    4.Castaspella
    5.Sweet Bee
    6.Mermista
    7.Flutterina
    8.Spinnerella
    9.Peekablue
    10.Netossa
    11.Perfuma
    12.Double Trouble

Now my question is considering that most of these characters are going to be looked at as obscure when compared to the remaining MOTU characters, would you consider selling them as a non-subscription based 12-pack set similar to the "Legion Of Super-Heroes" set? Obviously getting around to all these characters is virtually impossible at least for the next five years, so maybe you could reduce the number of the 12-pack set and make it a limited edition gift-set, so that the core fans of POP such as myself can get a chance at finishing the POP set. You could also maybe add Loo-Kee as an accessory.

Since it has been announced new MOTUC style artwork will be appearing on various merchandise next year, is there any possibility of getting a new MOTUC collector's case to store our figures not on display? Mattel could possibly even use an existing Hot Wheels case with new interior trays.

The vintage collector cases were very popular, and since I'm currently using a plastic tote for some of my figures and a shoebox for my extra weapons, I'd love an "official" case to store my collection with great new MOTUC art!
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Heroic ursine warrior sailoruranus's Avatar
    A few years ago you said that on your current road-map, ALL the classic figures had been accounted for, except for a few of the regular NA human figures. Now that you've got access to FILMation figures, and your road-map has extended for a few years, have you found spots for ALL the NA characters? And please don't just say that you can't comment past Horde Prime. I don't want to know when they're planned for, just that they're ALL included in the plan.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    In regards to the Great reaction to BP She Ra, with her perfect blend of Cartoon and Vintage Toy influences.

Can we hope to see this template continue going forward with POP Figures?

For Example -

Frostas stronger Cartoon Color palette with the detailed 'icicle' Bodice,Skirt,Belt,Collar and Prism Bracers.

Castaspellas 'Blue & Gold' Deco but her Vintage 'Lightning' Bracers,Boots,Bodice,Belt and back disc.

Peek A Blue's Feather Bracers,boots,Bodice and Tabbard.

etc.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Australia will be getting it's own comic convention in 2012, Oz Comic-Con. Is it possible to get Temple of Darkness Sorceress available for sale at this event?

Now that we have packaging that can accommodate 3 figures, will we see more 3-packs in the future? Either for army builders like the Horde Troopers which will no doubt be extremely popular with collectors. Or for the reissuing of earlier figures, giving us updates to vintage 3-packs like Beast Man/Skeletor/Faker. Or perhaps even giving us some mini-comic variant colored 3-packs of characters like Trap Jaw, Beast Man and Stratos that can be offered outside the main sub?
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Some of the females in MOTUC tend to have issues with not being able to look upwards (or even forward). Two recent victims of this are Marlena and Bubble Power She-Ra. This is not an issue of restricted head/neck movement (due to long hair, for example) because even figures with restricted head movement should still be able to look forward. What is being done to address this?

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    With the great work done in "The Power and the Honor Catalog", have you consider do the same and collect all the vintage artwork from cards, boxes and posters from the original MOTU toyline?
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Movie mayhem!
    Almost all of the female releases have a problem where they are permanently looking down, while some also have a jutted forward type look to their head. Adora for example looks like she has some sorta weird jaw under-bite due to it. Is anything being done to remedy this for future figures? I get that its hard to give them full movement (looking up) due to the hair, but the default position of their head shouldn't be looking down and jutted forward.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Hi is there any chance of getting a "Helmetless' Evil Lyn head in Yellow in the future? possibly 'a surprise bonus' with an upcoming accessory lite figure?

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Do 30th Anniversary figures use the same package art as regular figures or something different, did you have a talk to using vintage (red blast/blue) art on these?
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK