Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: Angella

MOTUC Visions: Angella

LOL, I realized I never started a thread about Angella, even if I had posted her on Facebook.
    Since I just updated her this morning, I thought it was a good idea to post her here too.
    The difference between this one and the one on Facebook are the boots (on the cartoon deco version). When I did her the first time, the only boots available were She-Ra's ones. But since there are new ones introduced with Jewelstar, I changed them, as the shape is more on model than those used by She-Ra.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I liked very much your artwork as always, but 2 points:

1) You forgot the new waist articulation.

2) I miss the "halo" from the back-pack

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    I liked very much your artwork as always, but 2 points:

1) You forgot the new waist articulation.
    I didn't, this was sketched way before BG Teela and BB She-Ra
    I forgot to add it today, but we know where it is

2) I miss the "halo" from the back-pack
    I know it, but I do these with the tooling in mind, and if the cartoon version doesn't have it, I hardly believe a repaint would use new tooling.
    Plus, let's not forget the "halo" was there to make the gimmick work

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Can't wait to see Angella join the Rebellion in MOTUC. One question though, how would you move the wings with Angella's long hair? All the back attachments for characters like Castaspella, Angella or Peekablue (not to mention Sweet Bee or Flutterina) might be problematic with these long flowing haircuts...

That looks really nice and i like the new boots for her, i also like the all pink version you did, maybe instead of those pants she had you could give her tights in the color of the collar so that color repeats itself on her?

I like her as a brunette i have to admit there are enough blondes and not enough true brunettes if you ask me but thatīs just my taste.

One more thing, i know you simply sticked to her original wings but i hope the FOUR HORSEMEN make them a bit wider. I always thought on her toy that they looked good when down but spread they more looked like swallow wings but i imagine her more like eagle or well angel wings

Quote Originally Posted by jdscissorhands View Post
    Can't wait to see Angella join the Rebellion in MOTUC. One question though, how would you move the wings with Angella's long hair? All the back attachments for characters like Castaspella, Angella or Peekablue (not to mention Sweet Bee or Flutterina) might be problematic with these long flowing haircuts...
    With Angellas hair it will be easier as she has braids in the Filmation cartoon so her hair can be as long as it is on the toy or even in a bun at the back of her head.

great vision ,I love it.

I fervently wish motuc Angela, she's my fetish character.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; December 4, 2011 at 01:20pm.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

This is very good (as always!) ....but....I just like the chest design on the toy with the bird wing elements better than the Filmation design. I also feel the halo compliments her design nicely, but the hair always kind of looked like a halo in the cartoon too. No doubt though they will not choose a design with pink wings, as the fan base has been very clear about their feelings with that color.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    You renditions never cease to amaze and please me! Great work!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

I like how the wings came out, and this is a fantastic action-figurization (is that a word?) of the Filmation Angella. That said, I've always disliked how both Angella and Glimmer appeared in the Filmation series and really have my fingers crossed that the 4H take more inspiration from the toy design (especially the design of the chest armor and the belt and the pantaloons/skirt piece) than Filmation when creating this figure. Perhaps she'd be a good candidate for a second head? I know some fans are going to want her more wide/bug-eyed look from the cartoon, but the original toy is actually so much prettier and attractive, especially with the longer hair. I also feel like just because it was used to activate the action feature on the toy does NOT mean the halo piece shouldn't be included in the MOTUC version. I mean, after all the 4H are sticking useless dials on Hurricane Hordak's back and Sy-Klone's belt as nods to the original toys... Angella's halo is actually something that goes with her character, I feel, and shouldn't be left out of the sculpt based on the same principle.

Cool! As usual, I think I like the toy deco much better than the Filmation. As with the Star Sisters: I think the Filmation colors on just about everyone looks like 80's workout clothes, while the original toy decos look a little more like the fantasy warriors they were supposed to be.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I'm glad more people are coming out of the woodwork and clamoring for the classic toy designs to be recognized when it comes to designing the MOTUC versions of the PoP gals. If something positive comes from the Star Sisters release, I hope it is this: that going with the spandexy leotard Filmation cartoon look for the likes of Tallstar, Angella, Glimmer, etc results in a pretty weak toy design. The ladies deserve some more detail and unique pieces! Especially since we've already seen such re-use with between Teela, Evil-Lyn, The Goddess, and Battleground Evil-Lyn, as well as the pieces used between Marlena, Adora, She-Ra 1.0 and Catra. I like seeing Emiliano's "Visions", because they open the door to discussion about what various fans think work and does not work for them in each figure's case

Personally, for consistency, and because I feel the Filmation cartoon is still the most popular and recognized look for these characters, I hope the 4H will stick to the Filmation look with added details from the toys within cartoon's shapes and colors

In that case, may I have removable pantaloons and a removable skirt for my Angella and Glimmer figures please? (That sounds a bit strange, doesn't it? LOL!)

Beautiful designs Emiliano, and I have to agree with Niki, blonds really do outnumber everyone else as Masters females are concerned, so I'd go with the original toy design as well (especially since I like her legs bare XD) Although I like the idea of her girdle having that hologram kaleidoscope effect like that one She-Ra headdress I recall, I don't know what that's called specifically but it was used a lot with the POP dolls back then. Great job!
    Visit my art page at: http://theblock.deviantart.com/ , if you like my work and have an account there to, feel free to fave or watch me, I could use the street cred !

My new chant: Lets go NA MARA, spike-flail pon-y-tail

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    In that case, may I have removable pantaloons and a removable skirt for my Angella and Glimmer figures please? (That sounds a bit strange, doesn't it? LOL!)
    Actually not I was thinking something like that. With a detachable torso, swapping both parts of the dress may be very easy, and it could become a common feature for all the female figures.
    But still, you can't change the color at the same time.
    So, some times that could be useful, some times a repaint would be in order.
    But, it may work wonderfully for Fantastic Fashions!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Actually not I was thinking something like that. With a detachable torso, swapping both parts of the dress may be very easy, and it could become a common feature for all the female figures.
    But still, you can't change the color at the same time.
    So, some times that could be useful, some times a repaint would be in order.
    But, it may work wonderfully for Fantastic Fashions!
    Personally I'm not too fussed about the colors so much as I am the actual design of the outfit. I'm hoping, after the successful execution of the Queen/Captain Marlena two-in-one action figure, that we can get some more of this swapping out parts to create different incarnations of the characters. It would be really handy with some of these PoP gals who have rather different looks between their old toys and their more-famous Filmation looks!

Oh, and also... Fantastic Fashions. Not in a million years would I ever expect a pack of these done in a Weapons Pak sort of manner be something that goes over well with the majority of subscribers, but I think this sort of thing would be such an awesome "outside of the sub" offering!
    Last edited by zodak74; December 4, 2011 at 06:23pm.

While I strongly prefer the Filmation palette, the toy version actually looks better than I would have expected. I think part of it was the wise choice to forego the dress. A long dress on a character's whose most unique aspect is that she can fly is pretty ridiculous, even in the outrageous MOTU world.

Well done as always, please keep them coming.

Oh, and while I know you did the Horde Trooper concept long ago, is there any chance of seeing how you would integrate pieces to make General Sunder?

That's a very nice vision, sir. I like the toy colors more than I thought I would.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Style Guide/Filmation Design + Toy chest Element

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    This is very good (as always!) ....but....I just like the chest design on the toy with the bird wing elements better than the Filmation design.
    Awesome job Emiliano!

I definitely prefer the Filmation colours and look (For me Angella will always be a blonde). The only change I would make to this vision is the chest design. Like gbagok, I love the 'bird wing elements' of the toy's chest design. It would be great to see her with this addition, it would be a nod to the vintage toy while mainly sticking to the style-guide/Filmation look.
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    4. Snake Armor He-man & She-ra (See here for Hunter Knight's custom) 2-Pack
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Oh ... and did I mention that I want her now!
    TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Nice work, I'd not seen it before, which facebook page did you post it on?
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I made a tiny tweak to Emiliano's awesome work that shows how the toy chest could look.

TOP 5 MOTUC MUST HAVES:
    1. Mermista
    2. Angella
    3. 200X Sorceress
    5. Madame Razz w Broom

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    i can't wait for this figure to be released if its look anything like these.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I'm more of a fan of the Filmation design, but I'd love to see her get a chest symbol more reminiscent of the action figure version like Yogopop posted. I'd also like to see some detail work added to her belt - the way Catra had added detail to her belt, or a straight out copy of the belt from the action figure added to the Filmation design.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I enjoy the blend of designs we've gotten so far from the 4 Horsemen. Emiliano's doing a great job of capturing their spirit.

I think the cartoon look wins out due to its more familiar look for MOST people, including people who never collected the original toys as kids. If I was to buy a strictly POP character, I'd want them looking like they did on the show as I'd be more familiar with those designs thanks to the various crossover episodes.
    Live in the Connecticut/SW Massachusetts area? Need a tutor for you or your kids? PM me!

The name is Bond.... James Bond.