Thread: Man-At-Arm's Workshop-- New website for reviewing MOTUC accessories!

Man-At-Arm's Workshop-- New website for reviewing MOTUC accessories!

Hello everybody,

This is a project I have been working on for a while. With the advent of 3-D printing technology and services (e.g., Shapeways) as well as the general awareness and promotion of custom pieces for action figures, I believe that it was time to highlight this industry more.

I therefore present to you: Man-At-Arm's Workshop (MAAW for short)

maaworkshop.com

If there are two things I know about collecting MOTUC, it is this:

• It is expensive. And often time we as collectors have to be careful where we put our money. (or at least we should be...)
    • Mattel may not create the pieces or figures that we want

This is where collectors come in-- providing much wanted pieces to the fanbase. But since collectors may be strapped for cash, are you hesitant because you do not know what to expect?

This is where MAAW comes in. We review these pieces with photographs and any tips regarding painting or how to purchase. Additionally, MAAW publishes articles regarding customization tips, opinion articles and interviews.

So check us out and support the artists!

This week on MAAW:

Opinion Article: Support our Artists! Check out the reality behind what it means (and costs) to be a customizer

Reviews
    Castle Grayskull Manhole Cover- BadVermin
    The Master Blade of Empyrean
    Grayskull Con Exclusive: Grayskull's Standard and Wave 1 Flags
    MOTUC Flag/Standard Bearer
    Castle Grayskull Cover: Cosmic Key Holder

Check it all out here

Evil Sorcerer & Commander Zargon's Avatar
    Looks great!
    Top MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither, Tuvar & Baddrah 2-pack

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Looks great!
    Thanks! I appreciate it
    Have YOU visited Man-At-Arm's Workshop yet?
    Man-At-Arm's Workshop is a new website dedicated to reviewing custom third party accessories for MOTUC. Check it out and find something to spice up your collection

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Grayskull Con Exclusive: Grayskull's Standard
    Cosmic Key Holder

Cool! It's a really great idea to have a site dedicated to reviewing all of the great add on stuff people have created to expand on MOTUC. I can totally see referring back to this site when it comes to deciding on buying some of the stuff featured.

Widget
    I totally like this page of yours. When its filling with more reviews it'll become a nice list of all Third Party pieces, and thats great

Thank you everyone for the kind words! If anyone would like a request of a review on anything just let me know and we will get to it

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    If you want to add me too, that would be great:
    http://he-man.us/Innovations/MOTUC-C...wNewParts.html

(I also make lots of shapeways stuff.)
    Hi He-Bro!

Actually, funny enough, I attempted to contact you on Shapeways the other day about reviewing some of your stuff

I have a few pieces of yours already and am working on reviews for them right now! If you want, PM me and we can talk

Excellent website, buddy! And thank you so much for your time and effort, also on behalf of all third-party customizers out there that are or will be featured eventually on your site
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

New articles! I have a feeling you guys are going to be enjoying this one, definitely something Matty missed out on

SeaHawk image.jpg

New review: evilmike's Pirate Sword and Sheath set

Also, a new feature for MAAW, the "Please Make this!" line of articles. Fans submit ideas they would like to see produced by customizers. Read the first one here and comment to let customizers know your opinion!

Finally, any of you check out the latest Q and A with Matty? Remember this question?

2. Darkspecter: Many characters have received some of their fan-demanded accessories as pack-ins included with later figures. Fans have been asking for Netossa's missing mask for years. Will this be a future pack-in?

It could be. If it makes sense for the character that it would come with, then sure we could look into it. Again it all depends on how much actual demand there is for that item.
    Check back at MAAW this later this week to see our next review which may help fill some gaps in your collection

Same Bat Place, same Bat Channel! maaworkshop.com
    Last edited by Tarquinius; May 13, 2015 at 04:45pm.

Hey everyone! Its a new week which means there are new reviews!

We would like to thank all of our readers for their patience as we work out our editorial calendar and general flow for posting. Ideally we will be releasing reviews quicker than on a weekly basis

Anyway! Did anyone catch this in the last Matty Q and A?

2. Darkspecter: Many characters have received some of their fan-demanded accessories as pack-ins included with later figures. Fans have been asking for Netossa's missing mask for years. Will this be a future pack-in?

It could be. If it makes sense for the character that it would come with, then sure we could look into it. Again it all depends on how much actual demand there is for that item.
    Well, now we can officially say there is a solution! Brought to you by evilmike!- Gladiatrix Mask

Also up for review is another gamechanger. Want a cool way to spruce up your Battle Ram or Sky Sled? Then check out this neat solution from DJForce- Battle Ram/Sky Sled Standard Holder

Finally, speaking of troops and army building, are you sick of your Eternos Palace Guards getting slaughtered in close combat? Think they need some extra fire-power? Say no more with the- Tech-Zeyra Mk. 1 Guard Rifle

Same Bat Place, same Bat Channel! maaworkshop.com
    Last edited by Tarquinius; May 13, 2015 at 04:45pm.
    Man-At-Arm's Workshop is a new website dedicated to reviewing custom third party accessories for MOTUC. Check it out and find something to spice up your collection

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

Hey everyone!

Here is another update about what is happening over at MAAW!

Are you a Shapeways' virgin? Interested but hesitant? Then check out our new Official Shapeways Guide. This is designed to be a living document which will be updated over time as Shapeways' product offering changes or new experiences are had. Check it out to learn more about how to make the most out of your Shapeway's experience.

Next up is a really fun little addition if you are wanting to spruce up your Castle Grayskull. If you are annoyed by the pose your heroes have to strike on that damn turret uptop your castle then check out He-Bro's Turret Handles!

And finally, if you are a fan of the new DC MOTU comics this is a must have. The DC version of the Sword of Power!

We have a lot more coming for you this week including some more flag stuff and a neat look at a great weapon for your Caligar horde!

So check us out over at maaworkshop.com

Attachment 102433
    Last edited by Tarquinius; May 13, 2015 at 04:44pm.

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

I appreciate the effort you did on this site, and hope it is successful. It has a lot of great potential. I love the explanation on what the difference is between plastics, White Strong Flexible Polished vs Ultra Frosted Detail etc for Shapeways, I was never sure. Very awesome. I would love a section of people submitting how-to's on customs with step by step pictures, kind of like Instructables for Classics. Someone did one on Facebook for the Snakeman using a spawn Slithe snakebody for the lower half and a motu body for the top, showing the dremel tools and sculpy used including shapeways parts for snake armor etc. But that would be a lot of work, I wish you the best, and good luck with your site. I will be visiting often.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I appreciate the effort you did on this site, and hope it is successful. It has a lot of great potential. I love the explanation on what the difference is between plastics, White Strong Flexible Polished vs Ultra Frosted Detail etc for Shapeways, I was never sure. Very awesome. I would love a section of people submitting how-to's on customs with step by step pictures, kind of like Instructables for Classics. Someone did one on Facebook for the Snakeman using a spawn Slithe snakebody for the lower half and a motu body for the top, showing the dremel tools and sculpy used including shapeways parts for snake armor etc. But that would be a lot of work, I wish you the best, and good luck with your site. I will be visiting often.
    Hi Paul Justice! Thanks for the support and kind words. Funny enough you actually may have stumbled upon an up and coming article soon So now is a better time then ever to announce that MAAW will be releasing step by step tutorials on how to guides for everything customizers. One of the first articles which should be coming out shortly will be a guide on how to create accurate flesh colored paint-- definitely a tricky skill to master!

On top of that, we are always open to suggestions on topics OR if you are a master yourself at something and want to write a guide yourself for MAAW, just let us know!

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

New article time!

I don't know about you guys, but I love my Netossa figure. And if you are looking for a way to improve the under-accessorized Netossa, then you need to check out the Gladiatrix Trident by evilmike

Speaking of terrifying accessories, we also have coverage over the Caligar Boneweapon by Derwaffenmesiter for your Whiplash or upcoming Ceratus figure! This accessory easily tops the packaged ones we got with Whiplash and looks incredible to boot.

On the flag front- we also took a look at DJForce's Wave 2 flags which is easily one of the best sets to pick up to jump into the flag collection. So if you want a flag for your Horde, Great Rebellion, Skeletor, King Grayskull or Galactic Warriors than this is a must.

Finally, we made some updates to the Shapeways guide including some need to know customer rights comments which will help to maximize your store credit.

It is all over at MAAW!

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

Have you been keeping your eye on over at MAAW ??

We have had a lot of amazing pieces come in through the door that is definitely worth a look:

Beast Man's club

Shard of Darkness

200x Council Halbeard

Nightwolf Necklace- Beta reviewl

Skeletor's Cape

Castle Grayskull Entrance Shields

Wheh! That's a lot. And there is much more to come including another wave of flags, some more awesome weapons and upcoming painting tutorials!

Its all over at MAAW

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

New reviews time!

First off, Happy Flag Day 2015! We celebrate by taking a look at the MOTUC Flag series and re-capping some of it's great items.

We have another great item from Spy Monkey Creations, the glyos compatiable: Weaponeers of Monkaa Armory Series 1 - Empyrean!

We also have a long demanded fan faction item: Brightmoon Guard Shield

We've also started down the path of reviewing custom heads! Check out our inaugural item with Skeletor Head by LuvNidleness Customs

We also have two brand new editorial articles for you:

The latest edition of PMT!. For this issue we tackle army building and flight stands! Tell us what you think and comment!

Additionally, we have kicked off a new series of editorials for tutorials around customization. The first part of this series discusses the basics and getting ready for customization including getting the right supplies! The next article in this series will feature a special guest author on a really great topic, so don't miss it!

There is a lot more great stuff to come so keep your eyes peeled over at MAAW

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

I love MAAW! The definite go-to site when it comes to excellent reviews of everything 3rd party customs.
    If you havenīt already, you should DEFINETLY check it out. The sooner, the better!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

More and more and more reviews!

He-Man Electronic Galactic Power Sword

Horde Trooper Sword and Broken Sword Variant

Battle Ram Driver's Helmet/Head

Grenade Rack and Grenade

SDCC Research Study!

Also, make sure to like us on FB to get more convenient updates on our articles!

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

More and more and more reviews!

He-Man Electronic Galactic Power Sword

Horde Trooper Sword and Broken Sword Variant

Battle Ram Driver's Helmet/Head

Grenade Rack and Grenade

SDCC Research Study!

Also, make sure to like us on FB to get more convenient updates on our articles!

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

Whoa! We have been BUSY. Check out all of these new articles!

Flags Wave 3

Saryn's Betrayal

DC Sword of Protection

PMT! Extra Castle Grayskull Flooring

Double Swords

Rio Blast 200x Weapon Arm Attachment

Plus, please make sure to like us on Facebook

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder

Holy moly, do we have a great review for you guys:

Check this out-- customizer StrangeFate has built his Shapeways reputation on creating entire figures on Shapeways. That is insane!

What is even crazier is that he created a skeleton figure....thats right a 7 inch MOTUC compatible skeleton.

Read this review NOW!

New reviews:
    Pirate Sword and Sheath
    Cosmic Key Holder