Thread: Alcala He-man head, ( sorry no pics yet, just a ?)

Heroic Warrior

Alcala He-man head, ( sorry no pics yet, just a ?)

Hi guys, just wanted a little input,
    I'm sculpting a Alfredo Alcala He-man head, but the problem lies in the lack of reference pictures, Alcalas version of him is just ( from what I can see) a generic looking guy with slightly longer hair than regular He-man,

I guess because he used to ink for the late John Becema the guy who put Marvels Conan on the map, he kinda has that look about him, sullen eyes, wide cheek bones, thin lips,...

Do any of you guys out there have a good pic of him,? and also what would you say make him a 'Alcala' He-man ?

thanks much appreciated
    ZH

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    You hit the nail on the head. Sullen eyes, wide cheek bones, thin lips...with slightly longer hair than regular He-man.

I'd say between Vikor and Vykron as if they are brother from the same parents.

He is Conan lite: the most unfriendly He-Man in more primitive and wild world, a grim protectorate of a Savage Eternia. I'd argue that he is slightly more massive then say Filmation He-Man, thus a little more muscular then the average MOTUClassic buck. Fisto's right arm couldbe hypothetical re-used from this imaginary figure.

Are you aware that the mini comics are posted on he-man.org?
    http://he-man.org/publishing/subsect...id=52&subid=20
    good resolution and an excellent resource for reference materials
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; January 5, 2014 at 09:15am.
    "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

If you cast that one, I'm in for an order
    Everything comes to he who waits... and I have waited so very long for this moment.

Who is this "Adam" you keep mentioning?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Sullen eyes, wide cheek bones, thin lips...with slightly longer hair than regular He-man.

I'd say between Vikor and Vykron as if they are brother from the same parents.

He is Conan lite: the most unfriendly He-Man in more primitive and wild world, a grim protectorate of a Savage Eternia. I'd argue that he is slightly more massive then say Filmation He-Man, thus a little more muscular then the average MOTUClassic buck. Fisto's right arm couldbe hypothetical re-used from this imaginary figure.

Are you aware that the mini comics are posted on he-man.org?
    http://he-man.org/publishing/subsect...id=52&subid=20
    good resolution and an excellent resource for reference materials
    Thanks man,
    Great description , when I'm done I'll put them up for sale ( check my signature )

Heroic Warrior
    Ahh great stuff He-Bro, very vintage toy like in that shot

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Awesome that you´re gonna take up that challenge! Maybe you can get some inspirations from the book that was packed in with the Talon Fighter? HeMan might be drawn a little more detailed on some pics!
    Example >

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Awesome that you´re gonna take up that challenge! Maybe you can get some inspirations from the book that was packed in with the Talon Fighter? HeMan might be drawn a little more detailed on some pics!
    Example >http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...lon14_full.jpg
    THIS is the He-Man head I want!!!