Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who chief carnivus?

Who chief carnivus?

I did a search and found no solid info, so I was wondering who is chief carnivus? I'm thinking about buying this figure, but wanted to know is he just a concept guy? Or was he in the newer he man cartoons or comics?thanks

He was in the 200x MOTU cartoon. I forget the name of his race though, but there is an episode or two featuring them. If nothing else, he's a pretty sweet looking figure.

He is the long lost brother of the Beast from "Beauty & the Beast".
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Cool I'm going to learn more about him then I might pick him up later on down the road. Im going to YouTube to see if I can find that episode now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mac&cheesier View Post
    I did a search and found no solid info, so I was wondering who is chief carnivus? I'm thinking about buying this figure, but wanted to know is he just a concept guy? Or was he in the newer he man cartoons or comics?thanks

He showed up in MYP. Felis Fola is his homeland, but his race is called the Quadians. In MYP, King Randor wanted to unite all of the separate races of Eternia against Skeletor. Adam and Teela are the diplomatic emissaries. Carnivus returns two or three more times in the series and eventually becomes a member of Randor's Council of good.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Carnivus is a great figure, I highly recommend it. One of the best of 2010 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Carnivus is a great figure, I highly recommend it. One of the best of 2011 imo.
    I agree! Compared to the other figures his hip articulation has less restriction, so you can get some very dynamic poses out of him (which is great, since he's a cat man). He holds his accessories well, and he's all around pretty slick lookin'.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Slightly off topic, but I think it would have been pretty cool to have seen Kittrina make a cameo in the Quadian episode. I'm sure she was off limits due to Filmation, but just a thought.

All I know is he was the Chief of the Quadians, and from 200X, but you mostly got your answer...except I didn't see anyone mention what race he was....

What little I know about him, and his cat race, I used him a a basis for my Create a Character as a long extinct offshoot of the Quadians, who fought with Grayskull and died as the first protector after hiding the split swords, before the first He-Man came about.

I have been debating on getting him for my loose collection, simply because there are a few figures I'd buy to display loose, because while I like the figures, not enough to worry about keeping MOSC.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 28, 2011 at 03:15pm.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I agree! Compared to the other figures his hip articulation has less restriction, so you can get some very dynamic poses out of him (which is great, since he's a cat man). He holds his accessories well, and he's all around pretty slick lookin'.
    Yep, great mobility and joints, and very cool accessories.

And just like that, Carnivus has rotated back into my display, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...arnivus9-1.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...is-folia-1.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../Carnivus2.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../Carnivus1.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j.../carnivus7.jpg

He showed up in MYP. Felis Fola is his homeland, but his race is called the Quadians. In MYP, King Randor wanted to unite all of the separate races of Eternia against Skeletor. Adam and Teela are the diplomatic emissariesCarnivus returns two or three more times in the series and eventually becomes a member of Randor's Council of good.
    Wow thanks so much for all the pics. I had no luck on YouTube. I'm really liking him. I know this has been said before, but what is 200x? Is it the new series he in the 2000s? I hear it so much but never really knew what it stands for.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I like Carnivus too. Unfortunately, since he didn't do too much or wasn't a vintage character, he's felt the wrath of fans who don't like that he came out before Man-E-Faces or Ram Man.

Wow thanks so much for all the pics. I had no luck on YouTube. I'm really liking him. I know this has been said before, but what is 200x? Is it the new series he in the 2000s? I hear it so much but never really knew what it stands for.
    200X is the fan term for the 2002 Masters of the Universe toyline. It's called 200X by fans because it premiered in 2002 in the US and 2003 in other countries.

MYP is Mike Young Productions. That's the animation studio that created the 200X cartoon. In fan lingo, MYP refers to the 200X cartoon.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 28, 2011 at 03:42pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I like Carnivus too. Unfortunately, since he didn't do too much or wasn't a vintage character, he's felt the wrath of fans who don't like that he came out before Man-E-Faces or Ram Man.

200X is the fan term for the 2002 Masters of the Universe toyline. It's called 200X by fans because it premiered in 2002 in the US and 2003 in other countries.

MYP is Mike Young Productions. That's the animation studio that created the 200X cartoon. In fan lingo, MYP refers to the 200X cartoon.
    This thread is going to make me Ebay a Carnivus, LOL.

As far as the MYP show mac, I highly recommend watching it. I'm actually watching the season 2 DVD right now. Ahh, what might have been...

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man54 View Post
    This thread is going to make me Ebay a Carnivus, LOL.

As far as the MYP show mac, I highly recommend watching it. I'm actually watching the season 2 DVD right now. Ahh, what might have been...
    Indeed. Does anyone know if it is on Netflix? I would recommend buying at least season one, it should be pretty cheap on Amazon these days.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

He Chief Carnivus!

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Indeed. Does anyone know if it is on Netflix? I would recommend buying at least season one, it should be pretty cheap on Amazon these days.
    I know it's not available for streaming, Netflix might have dvds though.. it's super cheap on deep discount dvd.
    my feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428

selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

If I'm not mistaken, Chief Carnivus is from the planet Thundera. When he arrived on Eternia, he got in a fight with He-Man, and attacked him with the Sword of Omens. He-Man blocked the attack with his Sword of Power, which was so powerful, that it bent the Sword of Omens at the tip. Defeated, Chief Carnivus ran back to the village of Felix Cati with his tail between his legs.

Like I said, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure thats the backstory. Best to keep reading the bios
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; December 28, 2011 at 05:52pm.

where did you search? cause there are threads dedicated to him here and he's all over google.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    The ENTIRE show has been uploaded onto Youtube for years. That's how I first watched it. You can Google 2002 He-Man episode guide and it will let you know the order for watching them.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    A rip off of Lion-O. Figure comes with the sword of omens.

Chief Carnivus is the most awesome feline in the universe!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I think he shows up in the one where Skeletor is forced to be good or else he gets shocked by a gadget made by MAA(1), he DID show up on the episode where Teela, MAA, and Mekaneck get turned into snakemen (2). I think he also showed up in the Dragon Walker ad episode(3)...

(1)Turnabout
    (2)Not sure if the episode is Second Skin, or Rattle of the Snake
    (3)To walk with Dragons
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Chief Carnivus is from the planet Thundera. When he arrived on Eternia, he got in a fight with He-Man, and attacked him with the Sword of Omens. He-Man blocked the attack with his Sword of Power, which was so powerful, that it bent the Sword of Omens at the tip. Defeated, Chief Carnivus ran back to the village of Felix Cati with his tail between his legs.

Like I said, I could be mistaken, but I'm pretty sure thats the backstory. Best to keep reading the bios

Pretty sure this is an image of that fight. Carnivus Ho!!!

[This space for rent. Inquire within.]

Chief Carnivus is a joke that went too far.

He's...awesome! I want to go play with mine now after reading all this! Underrated, in my opinion, Carnivous is a great figure with lots of potential storywise.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!