Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC News Thread December 2011

Quote Originally Posted by PanMan View Post
    So sub holders will be able to buy the non-sub items before they go on sale? They better only be able to buy one per sub or else it will be a **** show when they sell out before they go on sale....
    Important to note that subscribers are people. Whatever we get, you get. We are the engine that drives MOTUC to produce and exist.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Important to note that subscribers are people. Whatever we get, you get. We are the engine that drives MOTUC to produce and exist.
    except shadow weaver.

Well you can't have everything.

hehehehe

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i was thinking that lol you know the Horde Troopers would sell out before sale day
    I am a sub holder, and I plan on buying at least 10 packs of troopers. It would be awesome to get that done with less competition.

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    I am a sub holder, and I plan on buying at least 10 packs of troopers. It would be awesome to get that done with less competition.
    so am i and i want all the troopers my credit card can take!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Really another non Informative Q & A. What is the purpose of these anymore? Don't we know all the "PC answers" we are gonna get?

The one that set me off was ....Quote:

Instead of Orko

If Prince Adam is released on his own card, instead of Orko as the accessory could we see Dree Elle or Yukkers with him

No. A Trollan is way to big to be an accessory on a basic figure.

Really!!!....I hope that was a joke. If not,what is the purpose? We are adults,How about talking to us as that or market to children!

As much as I love MOTU, I am just getting tired of the BS. Price increases (Which I do Understand),but how about some improvement on Customer service,Quality control Etc.... I could go on and on about the same stuff we have been complaining about for a few years now,but it doesn't seem like any of it is hitting the mark. If this line is truely for adults,how about making it possible for an adult to buy the figures they want,without having to commit tpe $700 or more bucks a year to do it? Just my opinion and like a doorknob most everybody has one.

Sorry if it offends,but it is how I feel. Also it is your hard earned money buying these figure,so you should care too!!

Heroic Warrior
    Since production numbers are going down to subscription numbers for next year, does this mean that items outside of the subscription will have fewer production numbers as well?

If yes, can subscription holders (since we're the one's keeping the line alive as you stated) have first picks of items ouside of the sub. (Ex: We can buy items days before actual sale)?

This would be a great incentive to join for 2013.

It is something we are actively working on but won't be a feature we'll have ready for Jan. Hopefully it is something we can execute later in 2012. Still working on this. But it is something we want to do.
    This sucks.

I get that the subscribers are the "life blood" of the line now (though we were all "cherry pickers" at first and the sub would never have existsed if the line wasn't strong enough to live without it). I have no problem with subscribers getting a better price and items shipped early, in fact both of these seem very fair and should have been done earlier). I can even accept the exclusive figure being a major character like Shadow Weaver (I'll just have to suck it up and pay secondary market price for her).

But to say subscribers can now have "day of sale" earlier is just not fair and kinda defeats the point of "day of sale" especially if there's no limit and popular characters (like Horde Troopers) can sell out before their sale date! Subscribers have their products earlier and cheaper and guaranteed (without risking WSOD), give the rest of us a fighting chance! Just because people can't afford a sub doesn't mean they should be treated as 2nd class citizens. However, I can understand doing this for non-sub items like Bubble Power She-Ra.

If Mattel really wants to do this it should be in VERY limited quantities (say 1 per sub held, maybe 2 for army builders) and limited to items that are outside the sub or characters who come with a second head that collector's may want to display both. Basically where it can be easily justified as collecting rather than buying masses to re-sell.

If Mattel is really that worried about not selling out a production run, why don't they just move to a pre-order system? Let's say they need to start their production run 6 months before release, 7 months before release put up the images of the prototype and do a week of pre-order. If they know they have say 2000 subs and they get another 1000 pre-orders then they do a run of 3000 (plus whatever percentage they do for replacements/review sites/etc) or for a character like Sorceress they may get 3000 pre-orders so they know to do a run of 5000. They could even take payment at time of pre-order and production would be paid for before it even begins!

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Be on the lookout for the SUBSCRIBE OR DIE: Death of a cherry picker WORLD TOUR COMING IN 2012!!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeyd View Post
    Really another non Informative Q & A. What is the purpose of these anymore? Don't we know all the "PC answers" we are gonna get?

The one that set me off was ....Quote:

Instead of Orko

If Prince Adam is released on his own card, instead of Orko as the accessory could we see Dree Elle or Yukkers with him

No. A Trollan is way to big to be an accessory on a basic figure.

Really!!!....I hope that was a joke. If not,what is the purpose? We are adults,How about talking to us as that or market to children!
    Oh I agree. That was rude.

Nobody was suggesting that Adam/Orko would be rereleased as a "basic figure" anyway! He'd cost the same as the Orko/Adam edition.

Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    Awesome news!! I really enjoy the Weapons Paks they are a great way to spice up teh lien. I wonder what they're gonna have in the next one?
    I really want to get an energy bow for Trap Jaw; I always loved that in the Filmation cartoon.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any guesses about who / what is coming with Keldor's 200X swords? (Aside from the logical guess of "some kind of multi-head Keldor variant.")

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Ha ha... read that Jitsu question and answer very carefully.
    I've read through the Jitsu question and answer a bunch of times and I am not seeing anything... what did you take away from it?
    Last edited by Darth Daddy; December 12, 2011 at 01:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Say cheese!!!

This thread does nothing but prove that some people are going out of their way to be angry about one thing or another.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    I really want to get an energy bow for Trap Jaw; I always loved that in the Filmation cartoon.

I've read through the Jitsu question and answer a bunch of times and I am not seeing anything... what did you take away from it?
    Spymonkey creations actually made an energy bow, among other weapons for Trap-Jaw, they fit right in the arm. They're on hiatus right now, but will be back in 2012, however, I'm not sure if they will be discontinuing the set or not.

As for the Jitsu question:

i LOVE that Fisto can go from 80's to 2000x *hope we see lots of that* but i was wondering is there hope that Jitso can do that to? his 2000x belt, long hair and sword are so cool looking

We will cross the bridge when and if we get to Fisto.

They meant to type Jitsu and instead wrote Fisto. Fisto will be here February of next year.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    A LOT of new posts are up, guys!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress Ninjor Tung Lashor Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Mermista Evilseed (MYP)

...and he totally missed the point of my create-a-character question.

I wasn't asking if the character's name could be on the sheet... I was asking if the person's name who created the character could be on the sheet, since they said in a different thread that the judges won't know the names of the creators when judging them.

Sigh... Guess I need to ask again.

Sallah

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    ...and he totally missed the point of my create-a-character question.

I wasn't asking if the character's name could be on the sheet... I was asking if the person's name who created the character could be on the sheet, since they said in a different thread that the judges won't know the names of the creators when judging them.

Sigh... Guess I need to ask again.

Sallah
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that was already answered a few months back because one fan always signs them on the front. If I recall correctly, TG said it was okay, those ones just wouldn't be anonymous. If you sign the back, they won't see it (as they only look at the front). I forget when this was answered. It might be from 4 months back.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Oh, I'm pretty sure that was already answered a few months back because one fan always signs them on the front. If I recall correctly, TG said it was okay, those ones just wouldn't be anonymous. If you sign the back, they won't see it (as they only look at the front). I forget when this was answered. It might be from 4 months back.
    Ah... Well thanks for the info man! You should start an "Ask Darkspecter" segment. It would probably be more informative!

Sallah

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Ah... Well thanks for the info man! You should start an "Ask Darkspecter" segment. It would probably be more informative!

Sallah

Here's actually the question I'm remembering!

Q: Dear, Mattel/Scott. I have sent in two designs with my signature and a text saying created by myself. Will these two submissions now be disqualified for not being anonymous? I didn't see anywhere on the contract asking for the name of the character so I made sure to let you know on the design who created it just in case they were separated for any reason. Also I'm use to signing all my artwork. Force of habit.

Should I resend these two designs again or is this something not to worry about?

Thanks once again for your time.
    Chris

A: No your entries will NOT be disqualified if you sign your name. It just means the judges will know who did it and the entry will not be anonymous.
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...707#2361005707

Also, it might not be cool to put your name on the back. I know TG said in your answer the back would not be reviewed, but in one of his other answers it says to only put stuff on 1 side. So, to play it safe, I would stick to one side.

Q:I know Mattel will be the one who has the final say of the characters name and bio but I was wondering if we could put a bio with our submissions as a possible suggestion on our original designs. If so where should I put the bio? Right next to the artwork on the front, on the back of the paper, or on a separate sheet. Thanks

A:You can put anything you want on one single side of an 8 1/2 by 11 piece of paper. But Mattel reserves the right to choose the final name and bio as needed legally etc...
    http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...707#4171068707

I subscribe to Toyguru on Matty, so it's super easy to search my e-mail for the answers. Shake me, I'm a magic 8 ball!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    Spymonkey creations actually made an energy bow, among other weapons for Trap-Jaw, they fit right in the arm. They're on hiatus right now, but will be back in 2012, however, I'm not sure if they will be discontinuing the set or not.

As for the Jitsu question:

i LOVE that Fisto can go from 80's to 2000x *hope we see lots of that* but i was wondering is there hope that Jitso can do that to? his 2000x belt, long hair and sword are so cool looking

We will cross the bridge when and if we get to Fisto.

They meant to type Jitsu and instead wrote Fisto. Fisto will be here February of next year.
    Thanks for your answers; I'll look into the Spymonkey Creations stuff. Thanks for the referral.
    Say cheese!!!

Battle Raptor!!! I want a Classics styled version of it!

Snappy Threader
    I think they just have two or three canned answers.

1. Logistics
    2. We can't comment past xxxxxxxx
    3. Keep reading the bios

When was the last time we actually got any kind of real answers or scoop? Anyway, it is still interesting reading these, even though we already know the answer before we ask the question.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    A LOT of new posts are up, guys!
    Yeah, Toyguru tried to pwn me in my question.

I fully believe my suggestion/comment is going to happen since he danced around it so well and tried to pwn me....like I was pulling a fast one on him.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Sounds like there will be no more 2.0 figures, at least not for a very long time. I was just warming up to the idea of Teela 2.0.
    They could still do such a thing in a quarterly variant. Make it so you can switch it out to the regular version with the new improved buck. There's no need to talk about knocking out Mosquitor or Castaspella, I don't see how it correlates. They would be monthly figures in their own slot.

Well there has to be a good reason for a 2.0 slot like riding Swift Wind.

I generally cringe every time someone mentions a '2.0' for something, but Teela is one that makes sense as there is lots that can be corrected. The new bracer articulation, waist articulation, corrected snake armor, and lack of a bobblehead would draw a lot of interest. I love the one we have but a new one could be cool.

If they make another variant of Teela--and you know they will--it would be neat if they tried to design it in a way like Bubble Power She-Ra, so that you can mix the parts and get a new and improved regular Teela.