View Poll Results: Do you want reissues(2.0) figures like Teela and Fisto in the 2014/15 sub?

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 16.67%
  • No

80 83.33%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want reissues of characters in the 2014 or 2015 subscription?

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar

Do you want reissues of characters in the 2014 or 2015 subscription?

Do you want a figure like Teela 2.0, Beastman 2.0, Sorceress, or Fisto taking a spot in the 2014 or 2015 sub?

I don't understand the obsession people have with re-treading old ground. Let's move on, people. Plenty of real figures to still make.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

I don't see how this is old ground.

They didn't even release a "The Original" Teela run, which is unbelievable given the character's role in the show. Characters like Teela and Beast Man shouldn't be so expensive or hard to obtain.

Plus, they've never made anything that looks remotely like the Filmation version.
    WTB:
    Loose: Sorceress, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I voted no. I want original characters. why should I get beastman 2.0 in place of extender?

I don't know who extender is, so I voted YES!

Absolutely not. Out of the sub fine, but not taking the slot of another character.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post

They didn't even release a "The Original" Teela run, which is unbelievable given the character's role in the show. Characters like Teela and Beast Man shouldn't be so expensive or hard to obtain.

Plus, they've never made anything that looks remotely like the Filmation version.
    How is it not old ground? They made a Teela figure. Time to move on. Can't afford her? Hold off on buying so many Slim Jims for a month.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

The did Teela 2.0 already.... the battleground teela.
    Fisto is not even an A-listers.... no 2.0 or variant is needed.

Save the 2014/15 slots for new characters.

Heroic Warrior
    No, I do not want reissues taking up slots- now, for example, if you were to suggest a New Adventures Sorceress, like in the mini-comics- THAT'S not what I'd consider a wasted slot, not at all!
    BTW, take an extra TOD Sorceress, right paints, steady hand- voila!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

No. I'd happily take variants of existing characters, such as these: Sorceress/Queen Teela, NA Skeletor, FF He-Man, TC Skeletor, Snake Mekaneck, LL He-Man, Ice Armor HM, JUNGLE ATTACK HE-MAN(!!!), but no reissues or even 2.0 veriosn at this point. Not in the sub. I'd likely buy them outside of it though. (And no, I don't want Filmation versions of characers we already have, save a Hordak REPAINT.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post

This is exactly how I feel but since there is pages and pages of people debating I figured a simple yes or no poll was in order to maybe judge true interest at this point in the line. So far it's pretty much how I thought it would be. As for Teela...IF we see her ever again it should be a DC version OR a 200X version. ...nothing even remotely close to the two we have already. Fisto is perfect and is already a two in one figure so I hope he doesn't waste another slot till after the line is completely over myself.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    only core characters like beast man fisto, teela & tri-klops.
    A-listers in other words
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

uh, of course not.... who would want them in the sub?

No. Not taking slots away, no 2.0 versions, not now.

Quote Originally Posted by jscott991 View Post

Teela didn't get a larger run, since He-Man and Skeletor no one got a second actual run. The burst is more a decoration on anyone besides those two. Almost all of us who have been here still managed to get her, despite her packages not having a burst, so either they forgot to add the burst to some, or they just did a larger run of her without the burst....she was the first sub figure I believe, so maybe that had something to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by sgreg View Post

Technially a variant alone doesn't make for a 2.0, if so, we'd have no argument here actually....but still no. We haven't gotten Filmation Hordak, FF He-Man or (even though) I don't want him....NA Skeletor. So no, I don't want 2.0s or repops over new figures of characters yet to get made once. If they did Teela like they did BP She-Ra, then fine....but since it's about taking slots from other new never made yet characters and the few variants left....then no, not in 14 - 15.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I don't have a Fisto, and he's my favorite. I still voted no. He shouldn't take a sub spot. If they did a mini sub or something for re-releases I would buy it in a heartbeat, but I'm pretty sure that it will never happen. One day, after I'm done spending my money on keeping up with the new stuff ill just have to pony up and spend the cash for him and Shadow weaver.

As much as I want everyone who wants one to get one why should I loss out on say Flogg, Blast Attack. I been a suber sense the 1st mini sub of Teela, Webster, Scareglow and King Randor.

No. Last thing I want is this.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

No way.

Bring on Extendar and the other new figures!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

I don't want any reissues or 2.0 variants to be included in the sub and I wouldn't want to see any till 2016 at the earliest. If they make a Teela 2.0, I would like her to have a swivel waist with Filmation/200x inspired heads. For Beast-Man, a larger 200x figure would be cool. I don't see a need for Fisto to have a 2.0 variant.

Outside the sub, and as a legitimate variant like BP She-ra, is fine. But not inside the subs.
    Classics TGR figures should be Filmation-based, but they NEED MORE COWBELL!

I would love to see them outside the main sub. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to the inclusion of a couple in a 2016 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    uh, of course not.... who would want them in the sub?
    There is a whole thread where people were talking about reissues of expensive figues or 2.0's being put in the sub...hence the little poll. A few people were arguing that adding Teela or Fisto in a slightly altered state or as a reissue would improve sub sales and bring in new customers as they would not have to pay premium prices for missed figure. Then some of us were arguing that taking the slots away from new figures would hurt sub sales more and tick off faithful subscribers. So I set up this simple poll to gauge interest and give an org statistic to the debate.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I missed Fisto so I absolutely want him to be re-released but not at the expense of other characters.

So....the overall consensus is....no 2.0's in the sub....wow, now that's.....shocking.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    So....the overall consensus is....no 2.0's in the sub....wow, now that's.....shocking.
    Bawahahaha! Well as joe would say...now you know.......