Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: I voted for Illumina!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I don't want to throw off the current polls (here or on the German sites) so I am a bit afraid to state this...but... I feel some behind the scenes info would help. Ready?...I created this poll (as a marketing tool and fan engagement device) with the idea that I could use it to try and find a way to get Illumina in the line!
    It was obvious to me when I first read about the Fan Choice.

I’ve said it before – All you do is have to pay attention to what Scott says and nothing should surprise you.

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    Maybe now we can get off the issue.
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Just wanted to say thank you to Scott fot this post. I think a more detailed response like this has been sorely needed about this particular topic for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Here's an idea why doesn't Val or Emil give the rights (or sell them) to Mattel so they can make her?
    Mattel already owns the rights to her. It's only been mentiond over & over again for years now.

very good post TG!
    i don't know about others but i don't give a rats behind that Val and Emiliano had anything to do with her *still think Emil was a fool to push the poster look for the sisters* i just LOVE her outfit her colors and her cat Sleetah!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    The zealous desire to see her in the line on this site and others I presume is because she has a connection to the He-Man.org founders and I totally respect that. (unless I am reading into things and the desire is instead perhaps due to her look?)
    I just like her look; a wintery looking presumably badass female with a large cat partner. Big win in my book. Supporting the .org and her creators is just a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Who'd you vote for last, TG?
    Yes. Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I just like her look; a wintery looking presumably badass female with a large cat partner. Big win in my book. Supporting the .org and her creators is just a bonus.

Yes. Yes. Inquiring minds want to know.
    LOL if i was him i would not say...no good can come from it!

Heroic Warrior
    I think the real imperative behind the poll is so that Yellow Warrior in Tug of War will FINALLY be made after all these years and unprecedented fan demand (I mean we are talking bigger demand than there is for those art prints at Matty)!!

Thanks Toy Guru for having our backs!!

Quote Originally Posted by x-factorz View Post
    hey scott, thanks for working hard on this line and taking the time to listen and react to the fans of the line (even though we can be a bit over zealous sometimes)! As someone new to the line that has recently spent a ton of money on your product in the past few months, i commend you for being active and participating on fan forums such as this. kaizen

100% agree

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Good stuff Toyguru!! I picked her #1 in my rankings as well

She is a very cool looking character and her connection to Emiliano/Val is a definite added bonus.

For the record, even if she was not created by Emiliano/Val, I would have ranked her #1 on my list!! I really dont have any strong nostalgic connection to the others in the poll, and she just looks the best

Will each subscriber get one vote per subscription?????? I buy 3 subs and would like to cast 3 votes for Illumina!!!

do you have a sub TG?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    do you have a sub TG?
    Yep, it's the only way he can get those figures.

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Yes, I get a sub specifically so I can see what the experience is and try to constantly improve it. (plus it is the only way I can get final product, the review samples always have something wrong and I want final product on my shelf darn it!)

And yes, you get one vote for each sub you buy. It will likely be done as a code which lets you log on and vote with each code. One code per sub buy. So if you buy 3 subs you get 3 codes.

I left my wallet in El Segundo...

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    And yes, you get one vote for each sub you buy. It will likely be done as a code which lets you log on and vote with each code. One code per sub buy. So if you buy 3 subs you get 3 codes.
    Oh, interesting! I think that will make many of the multi-sub holders happy to hear.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    What a great post and awesome communication. Thanks!

I still wanna know who he voted for last on his list....
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

I hope you voted for Hawke pretty highly too, TG.

The zealous desire to see her in the line on this site and others I presume is because she has a connection to the He-Man.org founders and I totally respect that. (unless I am reading into things and the desire is instead perhaps due to her look? I can't think of something else since she has since she never had a storyline)!
    Yes, as an orger I want her. Illumina very much feels like our girl!!!! But it's more than that Scott, I actually think a lot of it has to do with her look! These are a few of my own oppinions as to why I think Illumina has struck a chord with the fans. When Illumina was revealed in that print add all those years ago people went nuts......IMO this was not just because she was created by Emiliano (which was cool ) but because of what she represented.

From the beginning of 2k MOTU we were introduced to the Gar race. Keldor was a Gar, yet Randor, Adam, Adora, and the other royals in the Filmation cartoon were all white skinned. But Randor and Keldor were supposed to be brothers. This set up fan expectations for something big IMO. Miro was white so where did Keldor get that heratage from? I believe fans have been in love with the Idea of a Gar / blue skinned woman as Keldor/Skeletor's mother for a while now. I have seen many conversations about this on the org over the years and more recently on facebook and matty collector. For years some fans posed it was Shokoti (something I am not a big fan of) but I understood the desire for a blue skined woman to play the roll of Keldor's mother. Fans made the association between Keldor and Shokoti as it just makes sense.

I can't speak for others, but the identity of Skeletors mother has been a question I have been asking and pondering from all the way back in the 80's. For me this question was set up the first moment Miro apeared on that episode of POP. Then came the Search For Keldor mini comic, was Skeletor Keldor? But if he and Randor were brothers and Miro was their father then how could they have been so different...They must have had a different mother. The MYP 2K MOTU carton answered the first part of the riddle, how Kedor became Skeletor. But Keldor was a Gar he either must have had a different mother to randor or both he and Randor had the same mother, or Skeletor was Gar through a genetic through back?

After wanting to have the question of Skeletor's mother answered for years I can remember seeing that print add and instantly my first thought was thats her!!!! I had been waiting so long to finally learn about her and there she was in my mind. Other fans at the time were posing the same thing. Later Val and Emiliano confirmed that she was infact not Keldor's mother. She played a very different roll, but that didn't matter to me, the passion I had for Skeletor's mother had finally risen to the surface and imprinted onto Illumina.

From that point on Illumina resinated with me and as Emiliano and Val slowly told us more about her, my passion for the character grew. She also has a very cool design, great powers and a very unique weapon. This chick was as hard as nails and you could see it, which helped me like her even more. She just seemed to fit the MOTU world. Finally the He-Man.org connection cemented her in my all time faviourate want list.

Illumina represents something that has been missing in MOTU, from all the way back to the old line and it's media...The story of Infinita, Skeletor's home world and his people, Keldor and who was his Mother. Illumina ushered in all this for me plus the idea of unrest and racism on Eternia beyween the Gar and the natives, which was a dark new angle and makes Skeletor's origins and motives even cooler IMO.

I loved the way Infinita was woven into Illumina's story, along with the idea of Skeletor's people being refugees on Eternia. I loved hearing about Infinita from the very first mini comic, but the idea that a small remenant had escaped to Eternia before the distruction of infinita occured, and were now fighting back against the oppression of their people by the native Eternian's was so cool. Knowing Illumina was involved in these tensions in her eariler days (before becoming involved with the Protector's of Grayskull's secrets) gave her a dark edge and we all love bad girls that go good right She-Ravers!!!!

I want her today as much as I wanted her then. Illumina is a cool character and IMO through the creation of this character Val and Emiliano tapped into something I think many fans had played out in their heads and wanted to see represented in MOTU and still do.....Wanting to know more about the gar, what caused these tensions between the Gar and Eternians and finally who was Skeletor's mother. Maybe Mattel will supprise us and create Skeletor's mother as one of the 30th anniversary figures.

In short scott fans went nuts over Illumina back in the day and have continued to passionately support her because we have been waiting for a character like this in Masters of the Universe for a very long time. We also know that if the 4H got a chance to sculpt her, with their skills and Emiliano's fantastic MOTUC design Illumina would make a sensational figure for our collections.
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 18, 2011 at 07:05pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Thanks, Scott. Was glad to see all this and hope some of the posters here didn't get you down. I think everyone here loves the line and is passionate about it. I think that is why moods swing so wildly.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

I love Scooter!

Illumina as Keldor's mother would make me very happy actually. Other than that, yes she looks great and interesting, but most of my fascination and hope for her stems from my devotion to Val and Emiliano.

Regardless, while she wasn't at the top of my votes, I wouldn't be bothered at all if she won.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Thank you, Scott for the post, and the opportunity to vote. This was a good move!

Any opportunity that gets the fans/collectors involved/interacting makes them value their investment in the product more.

It's always good to read or watch your communiques...it keeps me from panicking. I hope to see this line go into the next decade.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

Yes, I get a sub specifically so I can see what the experience is and try to constantly improve it. (plus it is the only way I can get final product, the review samples always have something wrong and I want final product on my shelf darn it!)

Will we be able to view the results as they are happening like the fan poll here on the .Org, or will the winner just be "announced."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

cool i always wanted to know if the guys that worked on the line had to get 1 like the rest of us

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Illumina means nothing to my collection until I have a Gwildor in my hands. This news is irrelevant.
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Master of Backwards! Backwards Man's Avatar
    Iluminata or Iluminati..never heard of her..all the rest, obscure as they are, I have heard of them...except for yellow guy...hillarious.

So Illumina was the least wanted on my list and was shocked to see her leading after I voted. After learning the creator of this website created this character..and this creator has many loyal friends supporting this website, it does not surprise me that this is the way it will play out.

If we get Illumina over Camo Kahn or Strobo (not to say Illumina is a bad character just no history there) for a vintage collector..that sucks.