Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: I voted for Illumina!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    How do you vote? I only saw something where you can rank figures you want, but nothing ot vote on.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    How do you vote? I only saw something where you can rank figures you want, but nothing ot vote on.
    I think what you are referring to is the vote. You rank them from which ones you want the most down to the least, and then at the bottom there is a submit vote button.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Aren't the ballots at your local Burger King?
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

reverse psychology

I find it sad that this even needed to be explicity said. The fact that she specifically has been mentioned most of the time the fan vote has come up seemed like an obvious suggestion that this was our chance to get her done.
    But whatevs. I voted for Hawke as my #1 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Yes, I get a sub specifically so I can see what the experience is and try to constantly improve it. (plus it is the only way I can get final product, the review samples always have something wrong and I want final product on my shelf darn it!)
    Hey! That sounds just like my sub!

I kid, I kid.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Hey Scott...quick question if you happen to see this...

Has there been any discussion as to what the procedure will be if there is a tie on the Fan Choice figure voting; involving the final 8 characters?

Is there a tie breaker planned, will Mattel make both characters, is the poll designed so there can't be a tie? Just curious.

i have a question to lol
    what about Sleetah? would her odds of getting a toy go up with Illumina in the line?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Thank you for the post. I think this goes a long way toward being gracious. That is something I respect and appreciate greatly.

I voted for her, because on that list I wanted her most.

But I also want her because, to me, if made in MOTUC, she would represent the realization of lost potential in the 200X line. I think those of us who are 200X fans will always be sad that the line didn't continue (though I love MOTUC more), and that the comic book wasn't able to go the distance creatively because of the extreme limitations placed on MVC by Mattel at the end, and the financial burden placed upon MVC too

Of course, I think she's also a great female addition to the MOTU faction! She's a fighter with some mystical powers. She has a great color scheme. She's a Gar (which is just interesting to me - I love the themes about the Gar that have been introduced in the bios).
    Last edited by bcrduke; December 10, 2011 at 02:19am.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

And yes, you get one vote for each sub you buy. It will likely be done as a code which lets you log on and vote with each code. One code per sub buy. So if you buy 3 subs you get 3 codes.
    Thank you. I've been wondering about that. That is a nice perk for subscribers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Thank you. I've been wondering about that. That is a nice perk for subscribers.
    yes it is! i like getting new perks

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

And yet still no offocial response about the Swift Wind Leg Debacle...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

awesome post scott ...

now everyone go and vote for geldor and kamo khan! ...

''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Why is upper management so involved in the character approvals anyways? They don't seem to know much about the world of MOTU/POP/NA/2002.

I was just going to ask something similar to this. Anyways, Scott/TG maybe it is just my plain ignorance and I apologize in advance, but would you be able to tell me the names of the other sites besides our site and that German site? I'm just curious where Mattel's top brass obtains their demographics? Does top brass at Mattel really truly know who Count Marzo is? Honestly? Did they really think he'd be a show stopper? I'm asking in ernest too. I just fail to see how the shirts at Mattel know Illumina from Frosta to be honest with you. Yes yes we all want Frosta, I don't even really care for her, and I want her more than Illumina. However, I never ever wanted Gygor, or Pre-ternia he-man, or even the Star Sisters before her. For me personally she represents something more than just a concept character. How can The Brass justify a, let's face it, less than stellar giant lemon-lime gorilla with almost no backstory versus a character fans have been clamoring for, since their debut?
    You say that she's just too obscure, well, .... I've heard of her and never heard of Gygor, it's why I didn't buy him to be honest. I'm even still reluctant to get him at 19.99 on some on-line shops. It's just a character that has no place in my MOTUC mythos. It's a personal decision to be sure but due to the fact he had less than stellar sales I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way. He sat on the website for a bit too.

In closing I'd like to say, in no way was the above an attack, I know that it can be misinterpreted, but it was merely a barrage of questions I think some of us in this thread and on this forum want to know. Thank you.

P.S. did you say hurumph? I love it..... "hey I didn't get a hurumph from that guy"...
    Last edited by Blaster; December 9, 2011 at 04:15am.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    thanks, toyguru, for the kind explaination.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Why is upper management so involved in the character approvals anyways? They don't seem to know much about the world of MOTU/POP/NA/2002.
    scott´s already said multiple times that illumina was not going down well with upper management, so this isn't new. in general though, upper management have had a lot to say about a lot of things; remember a year ago when everyone was saying they wanted scott in charge and upper management was a dirty thing? nothing has changed since then apart from people deciding TG was an easier target.

unless I am reading into things and the desire is instead perhaps due to her look?
    I expect her to be sculpted as voluptuous as Emiliano drew her.

I wrote the mini comic story and the overarching bio story
    ... badly I might add

trust me
    Sorry, Scott, that ship has sailed

Anyway, how about Swiftwind ? Any word on that yet ? Swiping some stuff under the rug, are we ?
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Thanks for posting Scott, I too hope we can put an end to the conspiracy theories and negative posts.

Illumina is one of my most wanted figures and for me it has nothing to do with her being created by Emiliano, its because she looks cool! She's dark and mysterious, and what little we do know about her sparks the imagination. She's the Boba Fett of MOTU!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Lycan
    Furthermore, when I note that Illumina is wanted by a small but loud group, that in no way means I don't respect this group
    How about you show that group some respect by not constantly using the 'small but loud' term since you ought to be aware by now it really grinds, and is rather offensive to ... the biggest he-fan community in existence.
    Thank you.

And yes, please address the swift wind legs issue. I haven't received my sub yet, so Im still living in fear I may have a backwards leg version.
    What next? It seems every month lately there is something..

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing this Scott!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    How about you show that group some respect by not constantly using the 'small but loud' term since you ought to be aware by now it really grinds, and is rather offensive to ... the biggest he-fan community in existence.
    Thank you.

And yes, please address the swift wind legs issue. I haven't received my sub yet, so Im still living in fear I may have a backwards leg version.
    Are illumina supporters really that small of a group ? Didn't "she" won the vote poll with about 7 thousands clicks?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkangel View Post
    Are illumina supporters really that small of a group ? Didn't "she" won the vote poll with about 7 thousands clicks?
    The vote is still going, so no one has won yet
    The voters so far are heading towards 1600.

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    After reading TG's post, do you still hope Illumina will not win/that you'd pull her out of the vote even if she wins (if it were up to you alone)?

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    ok thank you for the info, i must had confused the numbers with total amount of votes.

Thanks for the post Scott!!
    Thanks for the poll also!!

Can't wait to see the final fan choice