Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 433

Thread: I voted for Illumina!

  1. #251
    Songster's Understudy SUPERFANben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kenosha, Wisconsin U.S.A.
    Posts
    91
    She would make a great girlfriend for the Songster!
    You getting a Songster figure will be my fault.

  2. #252
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,290
    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984 View Post
    soooo ... anyone vote for the skelcons?! ... ...
    Yep I did, they were in my top three with Scrollos and Illumina.

    I'm really disappointed with how Scrollos is doing

    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    This is fun, I like to talk more about this (this thread has gone completely off-topic)
    She wasn't the last member of that generation of GoGs. There were Illumina, Dekker, MAA and at least another one which I'm not revealing yet.
    Duncan was the younger of the them and it was his job to recruit the next generation of guardians...
    I was going to say I though the other member was Tri-Klops as well but Lookie beat me to it.
    I take it Tri-Klops has no memory of being a GoG? and that Dekker and MAA don'y know he was a GoG?

    BTW, she was very much alive, but she was stuck in the dark empisphere when the mystic walls were created.
    In my story, we'd see her coming back from her exile and join He-Man.

    LOL, this brings back memories of my old ideas about the "white lady" that I had in mind long before the 2002 series
    So was Illumina actually going to become a member of the Heroic Warriors upon her return or would she remain a sort of independent GoG?
    and why did she wait so long to return after the Mystic wall had be destroyed?
    Last edited by 13977; December 10, 2011 at 08:36am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  3. #253
    wants Dragstor!!! Sir Reilly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Plains of Perpetua
    Posts
    13,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor
    I am casual in my posting, so things like choosing contest entrants I leave to the hardcore fans. So when it was time to vote, I see that Illumina avatar, and objectively speaking, it looked less like "time to vote" and more like "time to vote...for Illumina". Her competition outside of Hawke and Huntara is severely lacking. Josh was not a contender ...sorry. Illumina has to win. Objectively speaking, the odds really are in her favor.
    How come Illumina ranks as #2 in the German polls then? Only very few use her in their avatars, and the German polls started weeks before the .org poll. It doesn't look like she needed any help to get so many votes.



    This thread IMO doesn't help alot against the feeling that most of Mattel's "issues" with the character are rather based on some shady issues with its creator than the character itself. Mattel might have to ask themselves if their own actions and words didn't actually encourage the so-called "conspiracy theories" to erupt over here.
    It already would've been bad enough if Mattel asked for all character descriptions to be deleted, cause that would certainly look like they want to avoid uncomfortable fan feedback in case the MotUC bios didn't follow previous character history. But requesting to only delete Illumina's description simply is bound to lead fans assuming that Mattel - if she ever gets produced - wants to twist and turn the character into something she never was intended to be, just for the sake of showing us "it's our property and we can do with it as we please". No wonder that fans already make jokes about how Illumina's biography probably will focus on her getting killed by rabid Twiggets.
    For me, it also seems rather odd that he-man.org had to delete Illumina's character description whereas the German fansites didn't receive such a request. One can argue that those just ain't "important" enough to bother, or that Mattel simply didn't catch it due to the language barrier. But as Emiliano pointed out, never did anyone ever say that those character descriptions were supposed to be the base for potential MotUC biographies. And what the hell a difference does a character description make? I can't imagine that everyone's gonna vote for a particular character just because his/her background sounds cool!

    Quote Originally Posted by tmc1984
    soooo ... anyone vote for the skelcons?! ... ...
    Yes, I did!
    They rock!
    Last edited by Sir Reilly; December 10, 2011 at 08:55am.

  4. #254
    Ray of Sunshine Lookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Farmington Hills, MI
    Posts
    2,117
    I think Tri-Klops may remember being a GoG member; however, it was back when he was the swordsman so maybe not.

    As for this whole control issue Mattel seems to have, they really need to get over it. I really hope I get to see Mattel bought out someday by a company with less legal overhead and paranoia.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

  5. #255
    T-Man tmc1984's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    England, U.K.
    Posts
    2,054
    everyone should be pleased anyway because illumina will win folks! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

    USE YOUR ILLUSION

  6. #256
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I must comment that, if you didn't took the time to check and read why certain characters have been put on the poll, and others didn't, it isn't fair to hint that the poll is somehow rigged in favor of Illumina
    Some entrants left off the final poll were subjective choices. Please do not assume that I didn't read them, because I did. I didn't hint anything. It's how it appears on its face. I admit I am not as spirited as some of you here. Though I am confident I buy more than them lol. If money spent equals fandome, I am near the top of the list haha. That being said, no one is saying I have to be "this involved" with the He-Man myths to vote. I am not expected to know every nuance and every implication on this forum before I vote. Is that what is going on? A mock election? Absolutely not. The fans chose the characters. The only bias here is that I love you and Val and that's why I voted for her. The group selected characters. And yes I read all about yellow shirt guy and green demon from Masks of Power. What a healthy dose of "Who cares?" In my opinion.

    I need a cool character in my toy line, and far and away yours is the most beautiful. Germany thinks so, too.

    The avatar is Illumina with a powdered wig. The contest is being run on a site where one of the entrants was created by the webmaster. Its a completely fair statement to say that it has the earmarks of what you think I am implying. It was to me visually humorous. I have 3 friends who called me after my post to thank me for noticing that too. We had a nice laugh. Do I care? Gosh no. I admit that I am wording things too strongly on a site where some folks have difficulty understanding the context, so I'll do by best to be more careful and clearer. You both have passionate folks on here. :-) You and ValI are great people, so it's well-deserved. As I explained to my friends, but not for this site, I would not met who I consider to be dear friends, like brothers to me. Illumina to me is like a symbol of the comeradery of guys and girls I had the pleasure of meeting and getting to know.

    I told them as I tell you, nothing untoward is going on. That is my belief. This is He-Man, not Star Wars. I don't need bar patron #3. I definitely want a cool character like Illumina.

    What is not fair is to say I didn't vote using the proper understood criteria. But it's OK. I voted with my heart. ;-)

  7. #257
    Bashasaurus Emiliano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Palermo, Italy
    Posts
    6,267
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    So was Illumina actually going to become a member of the Heroic Warriors upon her return or would she remain a sort of independent GoG?
    Well, I whish someone had made the connection here and catched where this was going
    The question is: King Randor has an army already. Why Duncan (member of this secret society not known even to the king) is assembling this group of "Heroic Warriors"?

  8. #258
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,647
    Jun-Yor, Val has been quieter than Christina Aguilera's dietician regarding Illumina.

  9. #259
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Muncie, IN
    Posts
    1,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    In honor of Ruben joining the design team, I feel it's time to get Snake Armor He-Man Classicized and in the new line!
    Amen! Easily my favorite He-Man design

  10. #260
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,999
    this is the type of stuff that TG should be doing a BIT more. I think in general the fans will respond better when he's more forthright. as I said in another thread I credit him with his expanding the line and criticize where I think mistakes are made (bad ones though not slip ups) like the swiftwind issue he should have at the least chimed in long ago and said what he said in this thread. with illumina we don't need to know he voted for her, but other actions made it seem he himself is totally against her (removing the bio etc) but I'm happy he cleared things up BETTER than he did in the other thread, as brand manager it IS his job to put out fires too, not add fuel to them.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  11. #261
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    I explained it above. I am not sure if you read the entire post. I am not as familiar with the subtexts and implications and was merely speaking as an objective viewer. It's cool. VAL gets it, I am sure. And if not I hope he does now :-)
    Yes, I read your entire post. It's still confusing. Something else I don't understand is that you state that you leave the voting up to "hardcore fans", implying that you're not a "hardcore fan", but then go on to say you voted. That's a little confusing. Also, if you don't care either way if Val has Illumina as his avatar why did you comment on it in the first place? And, by saying you realize you're on a site where people "have difficulty understanding context" really seams condescending. People don't need to be talked down to on here or any other site for that matter. And yes, you keep stating you voted for her. Well, everyone who takes part in the poll voted for her somehow. You placed her at 18, not 1. You stated that in your initial reply to my post.

    The voting isn't skewed. It seems quite fair to me. You choose however you want the characters to rank in the list. I don't think Val using Illumina in his avatar is going to sway someone's decision in favor at this point. The idea of the character has been around for years now. I think people have already established their thoughts on whether or not they like Illumina.
    Last edited by chuc98; December 10, 2011 at 01:00pm.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  12. #262
    Bang your head!!!
    MossMan710179's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    10,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    (plus it is the only way I can get final product, the review samples always have something wrong and I want final product on my shelf darn it!)
    Well the final product usually has something wrong too...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

    The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

  13. #263
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Jun-Yor, Val has been quieter than Christina Aguilera's dietician regarding Illumina.
    Haha...awesome!

    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yes, I read your entire post. It's still confusing. Something else I don't understand is that you state that you leave the voting up to "hardcore fans", implying that you're not a "hardcore fan", but then go on to say you voted. That's a little confusing. Also, if you don't care either way if Val has Illumina as his avatar why did you comment on it in the first place? And, by saying you realize you're on a site where people "have difficulty understanding context" really seams condescending. People don't need to be talked down to on here or any other site for that matter. And yes, you keep stating you voted for her. Well, everyone who takes part in the poll voted for her somehow. You placed her at 18, not 1. You stated that in your initial reply to my post.

    The voting isn't skewed. It seems quite fair to me. You choose however you want the characters to rank in the list. I don't think Val using Illumina in his avatar is going to sway someone's decision in favor at this point. The idea of the character has been around for years now. I think people have already established their thoughts on whether or not they like Illumina.
    Oh, sorry if I didn't make it clear. I voted Illumina #1. I never submitted my earlier vote so I changed it before actually entering.I know folks who did vote her 18 out of sheer protest. On the personal stuff, I will try to PM you, but if I may digress a second:

    Regarding some folks not understanding context, I stand by that. The difficulty posting on thus particular forum I am encountering is that some folks are outright overly sensitive. But I thought that would be considered condescending, so I thought having difficulty understanding context was more diplomatically stated. Debates aren't hug-fests. I respect the folks on this forum, but I will have no problem pointing out peculiarities if I see them. You really have to dilute what you say on this forum. Any direct and honest perspective, and I wouldn't be deceptive I promise you, isn't welcomed if it may cause potential hurt feelings. I can initiate tact I swear. Haha But I am learning that any medicine doled out on here appears to be too strong or bitter to swallow.

    If that's just how it is lesson learned. The folks I have spoke to said that they like and agree with what I have said, but asked me to back off because bottom-line it won't be well-received and folks won't listen. No one says what they really think, and I say good on some level because who knows what mood one is in. But this egg shell business makes it difficult to post.

    If you wish to read to my posts, please do so knowing I don't troll people, but the the...questionable decisions they make. I will try to tone down the sarcasm, since I refuse to stoop. Even that Ink person I forget her name sorry. I don't hate her, but think before you do something that could be potentially antithetical to what you are trying to do. I will be direct. And honestly, I would say this to their face. I am not convinced they would do the same.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; December 10, 2011 at 02:10pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  14. #264
    Heroic Warrior -TRaP-JaW-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    324
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's what I wonder?

    Why would they even know OR care who gets made? I wasn't under the impression that these upper management people cared so much. I thought that they might have been older men who knew the basics of MOTU, but not much else.

    Are these management people actual fans of the property?
    I think they are now - considering every other toyline on Matty Collector is failing dismally (IMO) - Finally, our boy He-Man is turning a few heads in Upper Management and perhaps beginning to get the respect he and the other Masters deserve ... DC, Ghostbusters, WWE, Toy Story - these lines are all being propped up by the success of the MOTUC line - its obvious the Big-Wigs at Mattel are seeing $$$$'s if this property can hit retail and succeed. They're probably also thinking to themselves ..."well, it couldn't be worse than Green Lantern could it??" hahahhaha

  15. #265
    USF Bull chuc98's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Posts
    6,640
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Regarding some folks not understanding context, I stand by that. The difficulty posting on thus particular forum I am encountering is that some folks are outright overly sensitive. But I thought that would be considered condescending, so I thought having difficulty understanding context was more diplomatically stated. Debates aren't hug-fests. I respect the folks on this forum, but I will have no problem pointing out peculiarities if I see them. You really have to dilute what you say on this forum. Any direct and honest perspective, and I wouldn't be deceptive I promise you, isn't welcomed if it may cause potential hurt feelings. I can initiate tact I swear. Haha But I am learning that any medicine doled out on here appears to be too strong or bitter to swallow.

    If that's just how it is lesson learned. The folks I have spoke to said that they like and agree with what I have said, but asked me to back off because bottom-line it won't be well-received and folks won't listen. No one says what they really think, and I say good on some level because who knows what mood one is in. But this egg shell business makes it difficult to post.

    If you wish to read to my posts, please do so knowing I don't troll people, but the the...questionable decisions they make. I will try to tone down the sarcasm, since I refuse to stoop. Even that Ink person I forget her name sorry. I don't hate her, but think before you do something that could be potentially antithetical to what you are trying to do. I will be direct. And honestly, I would say this to their face. I am not convinced they would do the same.
    This forum has long been celebrated as one where people can come and not worry about being attacked. No one has to walk on egg shells or "stoop" here. And…I'm definitely saying what I really think.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

  16. #266
    King Hiss vs Serpentor ksensor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Iowa City, IA
    Posts
    1,541
    So I'm reading TG's post and I just keep thinking... too bad I don't care about getting Illumina.

    Seriously, what about all of the fans voting in this poll hoping to get an obscure character they really want - a character that isn't Illumina?

    I want Geldor. I don't care about Illumina. So how are fans like me supposed to feel now that we know our "opportunity" to get our favorite character is actually just a device TG designed to get Illumina made? That... well, that stinks quite honestly.

  17. #267
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,577
    Quote Originally Posted by MossMan710179 View Post
    Well the final product usually has something wrong too...
    Consider this QFT!
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

    Print version, also available!

  18. #268
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    So I'm reading TG's post and I just keep thinking... too bad I don't care about getting Illumina.

    Seriously, what about all of the fans voting in this poll hoping to get an obscure character they really want - a character that isn't Illumina?

    I want Geldor. I don't care about Illumina. So how are fans like me supposed to feel now that we know our "opportunity" to get our favorite character is actually just a device TG designed to get Illumina made? That... well, that stinks quite honestly.
    Great point! Is this one big olive branch to the vocal minority? Not sure, but I wondered about the characters losing at the expense of another. I think Huntara and General Sunder can still be feasibly brought into the main line as well. Hopefully fan choice losers aren't off the table.

  19. #269
    Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    168
    On page 12 of the Clash of Arms Mini-comic, He-man blasts one of Skeletor's guards from inside the arena. To Evil Lyn's left, another guard is shocked at this sudden violence, and is thinking it could have been him.

    I can't help but feel this thread is doing nothing to help the cause of The Arena Guard Who Could Have Been Shot By He-man But Wasn't And Then Rethinks His Career Path!

    Viva la TAGWCHBSBHBWATRHCP!

  20. #270
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibentmyman-thing View Post
    On page 12 of the Clash of Arms Mini-comic, He-man blasts one of Skeletor's guards from inside the arena. To Evil Lyn's left, another guard is shocked at this sudden violence, and is thinking it could have been him.

    I can't help but feel this thread is doing nothing to help the cause of The Arena Guard Who Could Have Been Shot By He-man But Wasn't And Then Rethinks His Career Path!

    Viva la TAGWCHBSBHBWATRHCP!
    Lmao!! You got a pic? This ice cream maker poll isn't complete without him!!

  21. #271
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,010
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Lmao!! You got a pic? This ice cream maker poll isn't complete without him!!
    I second that request!

  22. #272
    Evil Lord of Dorkdom skeletom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jackson, Michigan
    Posts
    1,160
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibentmyman-thing View Post
    On page 12 of the Clash of Arms Mini-comic, He-man blasts one of Skeletor's guards from inside the arena. To Evil Lyn's left, another guard is shocked at this sudden violence, and is thinking it could have been him.

    I can't help but feel this thread is doing nothing to help the cause of The Arena Guard Who Could Have Been Shot By He-man But Wasn't And Then Rethinks His Career Path!

    Viva la TAGWCHBSBHBWATRHCP!


    We need pics!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

    "I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

  23. #273
    Serious bidness Ibentmyman-thing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    168
    Here you go, observe his naked fear.


  24. #274
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by ksensor View Post
    So I'm reading TG's post and I just keep thinking... too bad I don't care about getting Illumina.

    Seriously, what about all of the fans voting in this poll hoping to get an obscure character they really want - a character that isn't Illumina?

    I want Geldor. I don't care about Illumina. So how are fans like me supposed to feel now that we know our "opportunity" to get our favorite character is actually just a device TG designed to get Illumina made? That... well, that stinks quite honestly.
    if you take Illumina out of the poll Geldor would still not be winning so i don't think it matters if this poll was for Illumina or not

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  25. #275
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    1. Who said I was a she or a he?

    2. You keep using words to come off as "intelligent" where you are clearly misusing them- this results in malprops.

    3. People on this site are grown adults, we can handle "bitter medicine" but this holier than thou attitude you insist on dragging on is hostile and people are less likely to take your words as anything less than attacks.

    4. If I wanted a lesson on ethics I would go talk to one of my colleagues at the university, not the .org.


    Nobody is forcing you to vote for anyone which is why it's...oh I don't know... A POLL. Everyone in the poll is given equal ground when it comes to the person voting, sure things can sway votes but that is natural to this type of activity- it's called rallying support.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jun-Yor View Post
    Haha...awesome!



    Oh, sorry if I didn't make it clear. I voted Illumina #1. I never submitted my earlier vote so I changed it before actually entering.I know folks who did vote her 18 out of sheer protest. On the personal stuff, I will try to PM you, but if I may digress a second:

    Regarding some folks not understanding context, I stand by that. The difficulty posting on thus particular forum I am encountering is that some folks are outright overly sensitive. But I thought that would be considered condescending, so I thought having difficulty understanding context was more diplomatically stated. Debates aren't hug-fests. I respect the folks on this forum, but I will have no problem pointing out peculiarities if I see them. You really have to dilute what you say on this forum. Any direct and honest perspective, and I wouldn't be deceptive I promise you, isn't welcomed if it may cause potential hurt feelings. I can initiate tact I swear. Haha But I am learning that any medicine doled out on here appears to be too strong or bitter to swallow.

    If that's just how it is lesson learned. The folks I have spoke to said that they like and agree with what I have said, but asked me to back off because bottom-line it won't be well-received and folks won't listen. No one says what they really think, and I say good on some level because who knows what mood one is in. But this egg shell business makes it difficult to post.

    If you wish to read to my posts, please do so knowing I don't troll people, but the the...questionable decisions they make. I will try to tone down the sarcasm, since I refuse to stoop. Even that Ink person I forget her name sorry. I don't hate her, but think before you do something that could be potentially antithetical to what you are trying to do. I will be direct. And honestly, I would say this to their face. I am not convinced they would do the same.
    No that can't be! IT WOULD RUIN THE CONSPIRACY! KILLIN TEH LIEN! TAKEN FOR THE ASS! etc.


    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    if you take Illumina out of the poll Geldor would still not be winning so i don't think it matters if this poll was for Illumina or not
    Last edited by vertigoink; December 10, 2011 at 04:14pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •