Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 325 of 433

Thread: I voted for Illumina!

  1. #301
    Eternian Trekkie Sallah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    When it comes to character selection, all my efforts go into making things happen. (or at least trying to!) I'll be a bit bold here. We couldn't do Photog. I was the one who cold called Nathan and made it happen.

    I don't mean to be rude here... but this doesn't entirely ring true. Don't get me wrong- I am sure you made the call and got Photog into the line (which I am THRILLED about!)... but you saying that you "cold called" him and that you were the "one" that made it happen eliminates a big part of how that figure came to be.

    Wasn't it .org member Captain Atkin who found Nathan Bitner, and put him in touch with you? Atkin is the guy doing the Nathan Bitner interview for He-Man.org and www.motucfigures.com. Your version of the story up there makes it seem as if it were you alone that made Photog happen, when in reality it would never have happened if it weren't for Atkin. Atkin was the one who found him, told him about MOTUC, questioned him as to if he would still want his figure made, and gave you his contact info.

    Again- SUPER happy to finally have Photog, and I do believe you were a major part of that. But eliminating Atkin's portion of the process just doesn't seem right.

    Sallah

  2. #302
    Pretty cool, huh? a-star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Edmonton, Canada
    Posts
    512
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    I don't mean to be rude here... but this doesn't entirely ring true. Don't get me wrong- I am sure you made the call and got Photog into the line (which I am THRILLED about!)... but you saying that you "cold called" him and that you were the "one" that made it happen eliminates a big part of how that figure came to be.

    Wasn't it .org member Captain Atkin who found Nathan Bitner, and put him in touch with you? Atkin is the guy doing the Nathan Bitner interview for He-Man.org and www.motucfigures.com. Your version of the story up there makes it seem as if it were you alone that made Photog happen, when in reality it would never have happened if it weren't for Atkin. Atkin was the one who found him, told him about MOTUC, questioned him as to if he would still want his figure made, and gave you his contact info.

    Again- SUPER happy to finally have Photog, and I do believe you were a major part of that. But eliminating Atkin's portion of the process just doesn't seem right.

    Sallah
    Good point.

    I don't know why Touguru needs to make a post like that. Any one here would have done those things had they been in his position. They were simply the proper choices to make for the line. He should be expected to do those things.

    I want to see a post where he admits how many ideas he has gotten from the people posting on his message board.
    I left my wallet in El Segundo...

  3. #303
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,344
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Well, I whish someone had made the connection here and catched where this was going
    The question is: King Randor has an army already. Why Duncan (member of this secret society not known even to the king) is assembling this group of "Heroic Warriors"?
    Well I think you said it in an earlier post in this thread, Duncan was recruiting the next generation of guardians.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  4. #304
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,460
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Fine, they never rejected it, because it was never submitted and never reviewed. I get that. I'm just saying that because of this your concept isn't official accepted either. To be offical, it has to be reviewed and approved by Mattel.
    Emil, please correct me if I'm wrong. I think what Emiliano is conveying is two things:

    1. People don't understand why requests are made to remove story that Mattel technically does not own because they were never submitted the MVCreations internal reference bible until I passed it to Scott as a courtesy in case it may help him in any way while developing his MOTUC bios.

    2. Mattel is currently using story elements in the MOTUC bios that were not official either: story plot points from the 200x cartoon that were never put into the official bible, scripts, etc. They were plot points individual creators wanted to see, or they had bounced off each other in discussion. Mattel legal didn't approve them, they aren't official, etc. One might then argue those interviews and posts were made by people working for Mattel in some capacity, so that's why. Well, same applies to us as the comic book licensee. I had numerous conversations at the studio where Dean and I talked at length about our ideas: theirs for the cartoon, ours for the comic. By the same token, Mattel could consider plot points from 200x comic creator posts/interviews as well.

    It's all pretty confusing.

  5. #305
    Heroic Warrior Ealo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Wasn't it .org member Captain Atkin who found Nathan Bitner, and put him in touch with you? Atkin is the guy doing the Nathan Bitner interview for He-Man.org and www.motucfigures.com. Your version of the story up there makes it seem as if it were you alone that made Photog happen, when in reality it would never have happened if it weren't for Atkin. Atkin was the one who found him, told him about MOTUC, questioned him as to if he would still want his figure made, and gave you his contact info.
    Scott has repeatedly thanked the guy that did the interview and passed him the details; he even did it at mattypalooza thingy in front of everyone/press. Scott probably means he was the person at Mattel that got it in to classics when others probably weren't interested in spending time on it.

  6. #306
    Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    741
    And I still sincerely thank Atkin for passing me the contact info! It was hugely appreciated.

    And yes management thought I was nuts for trying to do this and that I was waisting my time. Now that he is a month away, i still disagree. The toy rocks and a perfect way to kick off the 30th figs bookended in Dec by the new winner!
    Last edited by Toyguru; December 11, 2011 at 01:16pm.

  7. #307
    Heroic Warrior fireball13z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    North Atlanta
    Posts
    5,742
    Thanks for the updates TG
    the ignore list is my new best friend

  8. #308
    Heroic Warrior Lucky HE-MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    84
    I would love to see her made anyway possible!!!

    Don't worry we're laughing at you not with you!!!

  9. #309
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Des Moines IA
    Posts
    2,666
    Thanks for the posts scott.

    WOW! This is one upsetting and depressing thread. Not sure why I read it all.

    As much as I would like to make comments on things I'm to depressed to make them. Besides I don't want to wade through, at this time, 13 pages.

    Maybe it's for the best I DON'T comment on some things. I don't want to start another 13 page tirade. or get into an argument with another dot org member.

    After reading this thread I don't want Illumina in Classic because all the hatred, anger, points and counterpoints that has happened. and at this point I don't know if I could be persuaded to change my mind.

  10. #310
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    Thanks for the posts scott.

    WOW! This is one upsetting and depressing thread. Not sure why I read it all.

    As much as I would like to make comments on things I'm to depressed to make them. Besides I don't want to wade through, at this time, 13 pages.

    Maybe it's for the best I DON'T comment on some things. I don't want to start another 13 page tirade. or get into an argument with another dot org member.

    After reading this thread I don't want Illumina in Classic because all the hatred, anger, points and counterpoints that has happened. and at this point I don't know if I could be persuaded to change my mind.
    You're not the only who feels that way

  11. #311
    Heroic Warrior victoryleo19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    379
    I think sometimes, on the "internet", we tend to forget that none of us actually KNOW anything going on with Mattel. Yes we have Q&A's and insider contact with Toyguru, but guys, thats called "marketing". Don't get so worked up over it.


    And considering the fact that Emiliano is the ONLY person on this board directly associated with the production of ANYTHING related to Masters of the Universe, I see no reason why anyone would argue his points. It's ok if you disagree with his opinions, but it amazes me to see people actually consider him "incorrect". No one here works or has worked with this brand, so at least have the resolve to admit none of us know anything about it. Speculation yes, first hand knowledge, no.

  12. #312
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    I think sometimes, on the "internet", we tend to forget that none of us actually KNOW anything going on with Mattel. Yes we have Q&A's and insider contact with Toyguru, but guys, thats called "marketing". Don't get so worked up over it.


    And considering the fact that Emiliano is the ONLY person on this board directly associated with the production of ANYTHING related to Masters of the Universe, I see no reason why anyone would argue his points. It's ok if you disagree with his opinions, but it amazes me to see people actually consider him "incorrect". No one here works or has worked with this brand, so at least have the resolve to admit none of us know anything about it. Speculation yes, first hand knowledge, no.
    all due respect to emiliano, but that's not true.
    Last edited by EldestSon; December 11, 2011 at 02:56pm.

  13. #313
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    After reading this thread I don't want Illumina in Classic because all the hatred, anger, points and counterpoints that has happened. and at this point I don't know if I could be persuaded to change my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    You're not the only who feels that way
    I will never understand this point of view, to be honest. I'm not sure if either of you guys collect(ed) the vintage MOTU line, but does seeing/hearing/reading about the original creators fighting, putting down, discrediting (and threaten to beat the crap out of each other) over who created He-Man/MOTU make you not want either any longer?

    I mean, seeing and hearing them fighting it out was very depressing for me, personally. I knew they disagreed but I had no idea they were willing to literally fight each other! It doesn't make me love MOTU any less though. *shrugs*

    Does the poor quality control and terrible service from Digital River make you want no MOTUC line any more?
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 11, 2011 at 02:58pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  14. #314
    Heroic Warrior victoryleo19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    379
    If it's not true, just say who else has worked with this property? and if so, I'd be as interested as anyone else in their take on the Illumina storyline or pissbility of the figure. I'd be interested to know who else has worked on the He-man property on these boards, because in three or four years I've yet to read anyone else post about it, but I don't come that often so I'll admit that.

  15. #315
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    If it's not true, just say who else has worked with this property? and if so, I'd be as interested as anyone else in their take on the Illumina storyline or pissbility of the figure. I'd be interested to know who else has worked on the He-man property on these boards, because in three or four years I've yet to read anyone else post about it, but I don't come that often so I'll admit that.
    i bolded his name when i quoted you.

  16. #316
    Heroic Warrior victoryleo19's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    379
    really? Toyguru is a marketing consumer relations agent. And yes, he obviously works with this property because he is the current brand manager. Ok, let me restate this, besides Emiliano, and Toyguru (who posts on this board BECAUSE he is the current brand manager), is there anyone else here who has worked with the He-man property?....

    Actually I believe there was a poster here for a time who was a writer of the New Adventures series episodes, so I would certainly consider his input interesting as well if he had experience in storylines/possible backgrounds not being used by the production company at the time.
    Last edited by victoryleo19; December 11, 2011 at 03:04pm.

  17. #317
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,957
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    Actually I believe there was a poster here for a time who was a writer of the New Adventures series episodes, so I would certainly consider his input interesting as well if he had experience in storylines/possible backgrounds not being used by the production company at the time.
    That's Jack Olesker (Heeeere's Olesker!). I think he still posts here. [EDIT: yes, he does. He's actually online right now. ] Re: Illumina situation, I think he would want her made. He created Crita (and most of the NA characters, actually) for the NA cartoon...and he really, REALLY wants a Crita figure made!

    There was actually another Mattel employee that introduced himself last year, I think it was? He was going to work on MOTUC but I think he switched positions (or jobs) at the last moment.

    There are also Mattel employees that are members here, but do not make it known they work for Mattel. I think we can all understand why, though.

    I don't think anyone involved with the vintage toy lines have been members here though. *shrugs*

    The entire MVCreations crew (basically) were members here, though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  18. #318
    Heroic Warrior Captain Atkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    3,305
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    I'd be interested to know who else has worked on the He-man property on these boards, because in three or four years I've yet to read anyone else post about it, but I don't come that often so I'll admit that.
    Jack Olesker, who was the man in charge of the cartoon series "The New Adventures of He-Man", posts almost every day in the NA section.

  19. #319
    Heroic Warrior Dark Sorceress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    apache junction az
    Posts
    2,847
    Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    And I still sincerely thank Atkin for passing me the contact info! It was hugely appreciated.

    And yes management thought I was nuts for trying to do this and that I was waisting my time. Now that he is a month away, i still disagree. The toy rocks and a perfect way to kick off the 30th figs bookended in Dec by the new winner!
    i love photog so thanks for the work you did to get him

    the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

    For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

  20. #320
    Heroic Warrior Dr Kain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Posts
    5,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I think what you are referring to is the vote. You rank them from which ones you want the most down to the least, and then at the bottom there is a submit vote button.
    Oh, in that case, then I guess I voted for Illumina since I ranked her #1.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

    Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

  21. #321
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I will never understand this point of view, to be honest. I'm not sure if either of you guys collect(ed) the vintage MOTU line, but does seeing/hearing/reading about the original creators fighting, putting down, discrediting (and threaten to beat the crap out of each other) over who created He-Man/MOTU make you not want either any longer?
    lol you're really going to compare to a concept drawing to the vintage line? Then it's mutual I will never understand this point of view either. And I'm ok with that. I actually have a lot of respect for you Dark. I was thoroughly impressed with the research you did for the Star Sisters post.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I mean, seeing and hearing them fighting it out was very depressing for me, personally. I knew they disagreed but I had no idea they were willing to literally fight each other! It doesn't make me love MOTU any less though. *shrugs*

    I believe he said it makes him not care for Illumina, not motuc. Bit of a difference. The original creators could tear each other apart with buzzsaws and I wouldn't care!! Would only make love MotU more if that's possible.

    I believe the point he was making was this ad nauseum Illumina campaign is actually turning people off due to some of it's supports sense of entitlement.

  22. #322
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    lol you're really going to compare to a concept drawing to the vintage line? Then it's mutual I will never understand this point of view either. And I'm ok with that. I actually have a lot of respect for you Dark. I was thoroughly impressed with the research you did for the Star Sisters post.
    concept art? like vikor and demo-man?

  23. #323
    Eternian Trekkie Sallah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    2,015
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    Scott has repeatedly thanked the guy that did the interview and passed him the details; he even did it at mattypalooza thingy in front of everyone/press. Scott probably means he was the person at Mattel that got it in to classics when others probably weren't interested in spending time on it.
    Well, in truth (if you are referring to the SDCC walkthrough) all he said was that it was a fan that PM'd him and he took it from there, not mentioning Atkin by name or that he was the one that got the ball rolling. I may be wrong (and I would welcome any links to such interviews), but I have never seen anything where he thanked Atkin personally for this. You say he did it repeatedly though, so I would really appreciate you pointing those out. That isn't to start an argument... I would just sincerely like to read those interviews if there are as many as you say.

    "Cold-calling" (as Scott said he did) implies that there was no groundwork previously laid and that Scott called him out of the blue to drop this on him. That wasn't the case so I wanted to clarify what actually happened on this. Atkin found him, Atkin told him about MOTUC, Atkin asked him if he would still be interested in having his figure made, and Atkin offered the contact info over to Scott. That isn't exactly "cold-calling", nor does it make Scott the "one" that made it happen.

    Again- I am not trying to start an argument about this... I'm just saying that it was phrased in such a way that takes credit away from a guy that did most of the legwork in making Photog happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    If it's not true, just say who else has worked with this property? and if so, I'd be as interested as anyone else in their take on the Illumina storyline or pissbility of the figure. I'd be interested to know who else has worked on the He-man property on these boards, because in three or four years I've yet to read anyone else post about it, but I don't come that often so I'll admit that.
    Well there is a guy named Val Staples (JVS3) that you might see posting from time to time... I would consider him as working on the property since he wrote, published, and colored the 200X comic.

    Sallah

  24. #324
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    concept art? like vikor and demo-man?
    Yes just like that!! Concept art! lol ok concept not created by Mattel.

  25. #325
    Mistress of the Whip! Divia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Posts
    19,808
    Quote Originally Posted by victoryleo19 View Post
    really? Toyguru is a marketing consumer relations agent. And yes, he obviously works with this property because he is the current brand manager. Ok, let me restate this, besides Emiliano, and Toyguru (who posts on this board BECAUSE he is the current brand manager), is there anyone else here who has worked with the He-man property?....
    You didn't even mention Val Staples (JVS3).

    He owns MVCreations and was the publisher and one of the writers and colorists on the 200x comic,
    he managed production of the 200x retro style guide,
    he was the producer, writer, and colorist on the 200x He-Man/Skeletor 2-pack comic,
    he colored the K-mart 200x packing trading cards,
    he colored the the NECA staction box art,
    he was the manager of MVCreations production of art/content, as well as colorist on some of the DVD packaging art for the BCI MOTU and POP DVD series,
    he's been a consultant to Mattel for the 2001 commemorative and 200x toy lines and has helped with PR between the fans and Mattel all that time up until MOTUC,
    he's the director of events at Power-Con,
    he manages the fan get together at SDCC,
    he is the creator and one of the hosts on Roast Gooble Dinner podcast
    and he's been the owner of this site for over 10 years.
    Obey the whip!

    Smile like you mean it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •