Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: I voted for Illumina!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    ... until his shoulders end up backwards as well ...
    YEP! Then the torches and pitchforks will come out... Threads don't pop up till we're unhappy. When things go RIGHT... everyone is content to sit there and be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    The figures themselves are not the problem, because they simply look awesome. It's the terrible QC and the way they are sold to the public that keeps this line from expanding any further. There will be considerably less people getting in as there will be people dropping out. This brand is bursting with potential, unfortunately it's just not managed properly.
    I don't think QC has much to do with keeping the line small... Yes there have been issues... but they haven't been as far reaching as people make them out to be. For every broken green goddess, switched legs swift wind, or backward shoulders Roboto.... is someone else who's goddess is just fine, has the RIGHT legs on their horse, and never even noticed roboto's circuit didn't line up...

King Hiss was bad, THAT I'll grant you

But honestly, MOST of my ankles have been tight, and I've personally had VERY little QC issues with my toys... and it never even occured to me to quit the line because of them...

What I DO think will keep the line small and drive away fans... is the subscription all or nothing mentality. It's not designed to encourage new fans.. it's actually designed to actively SHUN them...

When an old fan looks into the new line... and sees $600+, all or nothing... no reissues, and you'll never get the first 3 years worth of characters again....

THAT's a poor decision... but I don't see that as a general manager decision. that stinks of higher up/pencil pusher decisions... nobody in the trenches could have imagined THAT was a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    What I DO think will keep the line small and drive away fans... is the subscription all or nothing mentality. It's not designed to encourage new fans.. it's actually designed to actively SHUN them...

When an old fan looks into the new line... and sees $600+, all or nothing... no reissues, and you'll never get the first 3 years worth of characters again....
    Totally agree on this one. The audience for this line has peeked and sales will dwindle and fall over the next 2-3 years if Mattel continues their current marketing scheme.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Crackers should become the new king of Eternia in the bios. A King Crackers variant would rule.

Edit: Thunderpunch Crackers? Bubble Power Crackers? The possibilities are endless.
    Ack! Stop that Danielle!!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    Crackers should become the new king of Eternia in the bios. A King Crackers variant would rule.

Edit: Thunderpunch Crackers? Bubble Power Crackers? The possibilities are endless.
    I see what you did there.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    When it comes to character selection, all my efforts go into making things happen. (or at least trying to!) I'll be a bit bold here. We couldn't do Photog. I was the one who cold called Nathan and made it happen. Management didn't want the 200X Keldor swords in the line and I got them to change their mind. We didn't have Filmation rights. I worked with Classic Media and our licensing department to help make it happen. Illumina was deemed to obscure by upper management, I created a contest that if she won would get her into the line. Heck, remember when there were no MOTU toys between 2002 and 2008? Pretty cool that we have gotten a new figure ever month now for what, almost 3 years!

There is a reason this isn't just the basic 80's figures. We want Bikini Teela and Fighting Foe Men and concept characters and all of that too.

There has been nothing but progress when it comes to getting new figures in the line. Hopefully in time, we'll hit everyone on the lists. But it does take time. Keep supporting the line and we'll keep making them!
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    I've got engineering looking into the Swiftwind issue. I just don't have any info on this yet to share. We are also working with DR to see how many returns/exchanges we have had to understand the breadth of the issue. There isn't more to report yet.

The storyline posted above was passed on by Mattel and never published. it is not a direction we will be going in. That is why had to ask Val to take it down. In no way was this a move to offend her fans. Really, we didn't want to mislead anyone who would think a potential figure would follow this passed on material. If Illumina was going to be in a poll to be a Mattel toy, it was important legally that the description of her matched Mattel's direction for her, not any passed on material. (it's a legal thing).

And reading through a few posts on this thread about why people like Illumina and that it comes down to her "mysterious look", really just opens up the options with her. If she is truly an unknown where we are judging her by a drawing only...just think of the possibilities of how she could fit into this world! In a way that kinda does make her cooler.

Like I said, navigating programs like this - or heck collector lines in whole -through the Mattel system is not easy. You take victories and opportunities where you can and do all to get fan requests made.

We got a way for you to vote her (or anyone you wanted) into the line. That was what mattered.

Hope this clarifies!
    For a fan supported line...Mattel uses sub buyers money to aid in financing this line...therefore their "System" should be much more open for input, and easily allow characters...in their place mind you...to be made if enough fan demand is voiced...no matter all the red tape crap...a line like this shouldn't have to go through a bunch of yes men to get results...the fans are paying for this line....the fans should get a bigger voice. I mean those who own 51% in a company own the controlling share...and I know sub buyers have to at least provide that in revenue for this line, otherwise why would they keep the line going?

With that being said...no more known wanted & needed characters should be sacrificed for much less known, or unknown ones...but the unknowns / obscure ones should creep in here and there along with the non sub variants or be bonus figures...

But watch out Mattel may screw with everyone and make Illumina the 2013 sub figure....or 2014...you never know with these guys.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 17, 2011 at 02:42pm.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    ..or he could realize an opportunity and say "soon!"
    Or Val's favorite back when we did the Keldor 500 thread 'Urge to kill....rising.' heh.

On page 14 of this, heh. I remember when Toyguru and I had a small tiff on the matty boards geez something like a year or so ago now lol that came over here on the org about Illumina and just everything at the time that has been touch on a lot in this thread so I will not bring it up. Much has been said. Rehashing a lot of that that was said ages ago.

All I can say whether or not Illumina is made, it's quite a feat to have her even as a choice win or lose. And win or lose, this poll will gauge her popularity in that one day a figure of her and even Huntra could be made, along with all other obscure and filmation, storyboard characters, what have you.
    Petition for IDW to revive Marvel's Transformers: http://www.petitiononline.com/tf81idw/petition.html
    Marvel's Transformers IDW revival Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/TF81fromIDW?sk=wall
    Marvel comics #81 is a reality through IDW and us fans its being created.....

Heroic Warrior
    Make a light-up translucent blue, She-Ra bodied Illumina packed with a light-up cat using the Battle-Cat/Panthor buck. Slap it in a box, limit it to 1500 and sell it through He-Man.org as an exclusive.
    I worked for characteroptions and there is such a thing as goodwill. They made fan exclusive Torchwood and Doctor Who figures for sites based in the UK and America. Emiliano and Val designed Illumina and I think it would show great dignity to put one's ass on th eline and ask for at least site exclusives/PowerCon exclusives.
    Someone - and I maybe know who, but I'm not sure - needs to stop being an it's-my-sandpit-and-toys, limelight hogging wiseacre and give some love to the org.