Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: G. I. Joe Retaliation

G. I. Joe Retaliation

I don't know if there is a tread covering this movie. The trailer is out now. Generalsjoes.com has it posted.

Trailer spoilers below:

It looks like they tried to keep it more on line with established comic canon and established identities (notice rattlers and water moccasin). Oh and Cobra Commander looks like himself.

Looks way better than the first one. Hopefully the rumors of a Sgt. Slaughter cameo are true. I'd shell out the $8 just to see the Sarge on the big screen, especially if it leads to getting us a new Slaughter figure in retail stores.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Here It Is

I really, really hope that is Cobra Commander and not just a generic Viper. That helmet is pretty perfect. The helmet looks a bit too grandiose for a normal Viper, so here’s hoping that it is the good Commander. Everything looks better, particularly Snake Eyes. Even from that little snippet this looks 100 times more G.I. Joe than the first film did.

Who would have thought the Step UP 3D director had it in him?

Awesome!!! FINALLY!!! Cobra Takes The White House!!!! Can't wait for 2012!

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Awesome!!! FINALLY!!! Cobra Takes The White House!!!! Can't wait for 2012!
    I know. That shot in the trailer just gave me goosebumps. This is shaping up nicely, methinks.

I love everything about this trailer!!!!

so... many... ninjas.....so ....happy....
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I know. That shot in the trailer just gave me goosebumps. This is shaping up nicely, methinks.
    I see Jinx,Rattlers,Water Moccasins Cobra Ninja's and a doomed head Cobra Commander.....(SHIVER)

Who's Bruce Willis's character?

Co-Creator of the NV
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    I see Jinx,Rattlers,Water Moccasins Cobra Ninja's and a doomed head Cobra Commander.....(SHIVER)

Who's Bruce Willis's character?

According to Wikipedia, he is Joe Colton, the original GI Joe.

Who was the yellow ninja? Looked like it might be female, so possibly Jinx, but I'm not used to her wearing yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    According to Wikipedia, he is Joe Colton, the original GI Joe.

Who was the yellow ninja? Looked like it might be female, so possibly Jinx, but I'm not used to her wearing yellow.
    Jinx was in Red and blindfolded? I guess Snake Eyes was training her...

There's a lot of stuff I like from the trailer:

_Rattlers (or what they seem to be)
    _Water Mocassin or Whale
    _B.A.T.s?
    _Cobra Commander (I think it's just a red herring)
    _Snake Eyes & Jinx
    _Hiss tank (1:58)
    _Freaking Bruce Willis!

On the other hand:
    _Storm Shadow still wears Prada.
    _No Scarlett.
    _No masked Firefly
    _it seems that Duke dies (again??)

Although, it seems sligthly better looking than the first one. Let's hope

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    It is JInx based on some licensing artwork that has been released
    Last edited by Rhanen; December 12, 2011 at 09:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Who is the rock?

I'm not a huge GI Joe fan so it doesnt matter which characters are in it and which ones are not. But I can se ehow it would upset some people.

I just want more explosions and car chases. The last movie didn't have enough.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Who is the rock?

I'm not a huge GI Joe fan so it doesnt matter which characters are in it and which ones are not. But I can se ehow it would upset some people.

Roadblock......

Quote Originally Posted by Divia View Post
    Who is the rock?

Basically, making a G.I. Joe film without Cobra Commander would be like making a new He-Man film without Skeletor.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Cobra Commander (I think it's just a red herring)
    No way would they be that evil. That Cobra Commander is almost a cardboard copy of the one from the cartoons. It must be him. If it is him, I hope they get a good voice.
    Last edited by Krueger; December 12, 2011 at 09:58pm.

Taking into account that a good trailer can mke even the worst movies looks good, first glance seems to indicate they listened to the fans and made it more like GI JOE and less like whatever they were trying to portraying the first movie.

Pretty cool trailer. This looks like it will be a lot better than the first one (which I also liked). Duke dead? I have mixed feelings on that. Chrome dome Cobra Commander? Sweet.

A Defender of Grayskull coolapex's Avatar
    Oh boy! Oh boy! I'm actually really excited. I wish Wild Bill would be in the movie. W.B. and the Dragonfly copter are my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Duke dead? I have mixed feelings on that
    Duke the character dying I have mixed feelings about, the horrific casting choice for Duke being written out I totally agree with

I love the trailer and the only thing that saddens me is no Scarlett or Destro, but everything else looks a lot more sound then the last movie
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    wait Scarlett's not in it? Who was that redhead in the red dress at 1:55 then?

What I really hope for:

1. Jinx gets treated right. She must be an Arashikage ninja, Get to kick ass (it seems she does judging by the trailer) and her personality better be done right. In other words she must be MY Jinx not that awful version from the IDW continuity. (on that note is she gets killed off heads are gonna roll)

2. Storm Shadow is innocent of Hard Master's death. That was the original plan and since the new film apparently features Zartan and Firefly in large rolls it looks like they're going that way.

3. Storm Shadow defects to the good guys. I prefer him as a Joe. I believe I've mentioned that a few times around here.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    wait Scarlett's not in it? Who was that redhead in the red dress at 1:55 then.
    Lady Jaye going undecover I believe
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Of course it looks better than the first, you can only go up with that pile of crap. This movie still looks like donkey doodoo though. They pretty much just showed us all of the best parts of the movie in the trailer. For one thing, the movie has th eRock in it, which already tells us what kind of crap it is. Secondly, they are trying to take the Renegades storyline and put it into a movie. It was terrible in the show, this isn't going to make it better. Gold bird crap is still bird crap no matter what.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It does look better then I thought it would. But I have a HUGE issue with both Scarlett and The Baroness not being in this sequel. They are my two favorite characters.

Lady Jaye should have short hair and/or baseball cap, she just looks like a brunette Scarlett with that ponytail.

Glad to see Cobra Commander but still needs Destro and The Baroness!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    There's a lot of stuff I like from the trailer:
    On the other hand:
    _Storm Shadow still wears Prada.
    _No Scarlett.
    _No masked Firefly
    _it seems that Duke dies (again??)

Although, it seems sligthly better looking than the first one. Let's hope

It is JInx based on some licensing artwork that has been released
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I love the trailer and the only thing that saddens me is no Scarlett or Destro, but everything else looks a lot more sound then the last movie
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Yay @ Jinx wearing red! I like the 80's toy better, but she's a hell of a lot better looking than her newer update, in my opinion.

I would also like to know who the yellow ninja is...it did look female...

Also, COOL @ Wonder Woman being in the movie! (the actress that played her in the failed TV pilot). At least she kind of will get to play the part and (hopefully) in something much better written! Poor Wonder Woman show and it's poor writing.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Maybe if this film does well, Hasbro will fire Don Murphy and his arrogant attitude, and hire someone to reboot Transformers with robot designs that aren't 30 varieties of ugly.

But probably not, not unless that idiot Brian Goldner is replaced by someone with half a brain.

I never saw the first one, but this one looks awesome!

Looks cool. AT least CC looks like CC!!
    What would the ideal Joe movie be anyways?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar