Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: G. I. Joe Retaliation

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe Paramount thought that having The Rock AND Channing Tatum as the leading men would double the movies chances. Instead of one leading man's star power, now you have two. And Bruce Willis.
    So twice now in Joe movie history Duke has been brought back from originally being dead
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    So twice now in Joe movie history Duke has been brought back from originally being dead
    At least in that respect, it is somewhat accurate to the original series!

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

This is really stupid. They're delaying it because there isn't enough Channing Tatum, who was one of the worst problems with the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This is really stupid. They're delaying it because there isn't enough Channing Tatum, who was one of the worst problems with the first one.
    Yup, makes sense right...
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Ehh...I'm not broken up about this at all. As long as I got this, I'm doing okay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok-DrfFJAgw
    YES!!!
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

It is possible they could still kill Tatum off, but just give him a longer role in the beginning to explore his and Roadblock's relationship, basically let the death (or coma or whatever) have meaning rather than be an afterthought. There is only so much they can do to edit him back into the movie without completely reshooting the whole thing.

I wonder if I am the only one who wants to see both versions of this film?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I said a few days ago that I'd like to see both versions on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.

This whole situation is a disaster. Too many execs in the kitchen.

They have over 100 issues of some of the best stories in comics at their disposal (the Hama Marvel run) and they want to reinvent the wheel every time.

If the story and visuals are good, no one would bat an eyelash that Tatum wasn't in the movie. Ugh, he and his Ebonics speak was THE worst part of that terrible first movie.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I said a few days ago that I'd like to see both versions on the DVD/Blu-Ray release.
    Well it would be a way for Paramount to make some extra money on the film if they released both of them seperately. George Lucas does it all the time

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I, too, would like to see both versions of the film when it's released on Blu-Ray and DVD.

Also, I went to ToysRUs today and they had all the toys. I didn't pick any up though. I didn't have a chance to take a very good look at them, but I liked the Zartan figure a lot and Duke's face looked really good. I didn't like the rest of his figure though.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I wonder is the movie was really bad or if they just got a group of people who have no idea what GI Joe is, similar to how toy companies sometimes get people who have no idea what the toys are for focus groups and make bad decisions on them
    While I may not be a fan of changes made to a franchise when they are adapted to another medium, I also realize that those who are already fans of the property aren't enough for a movie's success. Isn't that one of the very reasons for focus groups(whether I agree with their opinions or not).

Maybe Paramount thought that having The Rock AND Channing Tatum as the leading men would double the movies chances. Instead of one leading man's star power, now you have two. And Bruce Willis.
    I find it very sad that The Rock is considered a star while Bruce Willis is considered a guest star. One has been in a ton of hit movies while the other has had, to my knowledge, only one huge hit where he was part of an ensemble.

How many times will it take for Hasbro to learn killing off Duke is a bad idea?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I'm surprised at how easy these figures are to find. Saw all of them at Target today. I kind of thought speculators might snap them up. That was kind of refreshing. I'm not a Joe guy, but they looked pretty decent. The packaging really stood out.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I find it very sad that The Rock is considered a star while Bruce Willis is considered a guest star. One has been in a ton of hit movies while the other has had, to my knowledge, only one huge hit where he was part of an ensemble.
    star/guest star status has less to do with an actor's resume and more to do with how much an actor carries a film.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    star/guest star status has less to do with an actor's resume and more to do with how much an actor carries a film.
    Yeah, apparently Bruce Willis has about 3-4 scenes in the movie, so definitely a guest star.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I bought the three things I wanted from first release: HISS tank, Red Ninja, and the Ninja 3-pack. The HISS tank is a very sorry piece of plastic garbage! The 30th & POC HISS tanks are much nicer toys. The lack of articulation on some of these figures is a sad day for the G I joe toy brand.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    I picked up the only figures from the first wave I wanted - Roadblock, Cobra Commander, Red Ninja and Zartan (though Zartan was just because TRU had a Buy-One-Get-One-Half-Off sale.) The Ninja's OK- Roadblock's annoying because he doesn't have a 'real gun' and has the controller thingy sculpted into his hand. Zartan's weapons don't stay on his back or in his hands. I love the CC design, but when I realized the other day that they also made an all-black version, I'm annoyed that I got the blue one.

Overall, they feel kind of cheap; not as good as the toys from the first movie - and these new ones didn't even come with stands!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I've got the two three packs (which are awesome so far) and Duke and Snake Eyes from the single packs. Everywhere I go they seem to be picked through, so I don't think I'm going to find CC, Red Ninjas, or Joe Troopers before this wave dies. We'll see.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I picked up the Roadblock figure because that particular one at Target had a great likeness of Dwayne Johnson. I also saw the Joe trooper at both Targets along with Cobra Commander. Only by seeing the trailer again, did I notice that Roadblock the figure is missing the tattoos. Not a a big deal, but less movie accurate than I anticipated. I'm still excited about the movie but I imagine my interest will wane through the holidays until the movie gets closer to release. I can't imagine why they would even consider killing of Duke. Even killing off the others (I assume Breaker, Heavy Duty, Scarlett, and Ripcord are among the deceased) makes little sense. They were team alpha, this movie easily could have focused on another greek letter without killing them off. It feels like they don't know who the core characters are.

I also don't think it's ballsy of them to kill off the entire Joe team in some kind of bold move. If they were really serious about giving us a completely new cast, they'd have killed off Snake Eyes also. Not surprisingly, he somehow survived so clearly they're not stupid. I think they just don't realize that to many of us, Duke and Scarlett are just as core as Snake Eyes.

That said, I enjoyed the first movie for particular scenes if not the whole product. I hope the extra 9 months makes for a better film in the long run.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Nope. Not the only one.....

Well, there is also G.I. Joe Resolute...if that counts as a movie with it's 60 minutes.
    THIS^^

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    No. No, it doesn't.
    Maybe not a feature film but it's the best Joe screen incarnationto date by an enormous margin.
    Last edited by 80's Enthusiast; May 31, 2012 at 07:02pm.

There's going to be a huge glut of PoC merch on shelves, as that is what is shipping. There is also a line of six repaints that are exclusive to Dollar General stores that are starting to show up now.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/dorothyp...ng-franchises/

http://www.forbes.com/celebrities/#p...%20categories_

Bruce Willis isn't even on the list. things change, Willis is a name has some big franchises, but The rock has done a LOT more than many people give him credit for. But the accountants in Hollywood know he is a draw. like it or not, it's how it is now.

He has an earning rank of 70 a Money rank of 51 and a social rank of 29, those are AWESOME stats.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Bruce Willis isn't even on the list. things change, Willis is a name has some big franchises, but The rock has done a LOT more than many people give him credit for. But the accountants in Hollywood know he is a draw. like it or not, it's how it is now.

He has an earning rank of 70 a Money rank of 51 and a social rank of 29, those are AWESOME stats.
    Man, since that is the parameter being used for producers, I can foresee The Rock acting in "12 Monkeys", "The Sixth Sense" and "The Story of Us" remakes
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    There's going to be a huge glut of PoC merch on shelves, as that is what is shipping. There is also a line of six repaints that are exclusive to Dollar General stores that are starting to show up now.
    Pursuit of Cobra stuff is going to re-ship? Where did you hear that? That was the stuff that was out before the 30th Anniversary line, right? Like a year or so ago?

The Dollar General repaints have been out for several weeks already, and are AWESOME! Problem is, they are really hard to find. And since they've already been out for a while, they seem to be hitting that point of "you're only going to find them on Ebay now."
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

When you make money for the studios you are a star. Rock made over $200m WW on that Journey to the Center of the Earth, which they certainly did not go to in order to see Vanessa Hudgens. He had a few kids films before that which did $100m+ and then there was Fast and the Furious (which was not the monster it was when he was in it).

Not to mention he is basically walking free advertisement when he does go to the WWE as Wrestlemania's sales numbers showed.

Its not all about the box office gross, merchandising is just as important and the Rock "brand" is a strong one with kids.