Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would You Buy an ADD-ON Filmation Variants SUB In 2013 ?

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    For me, it depends on what's to be released. I would make the decision at that time.

It's simple. If the characters I want are in the sub, I'm in. If not, I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    I actually agree. EXCEPT for the one exception: Filmation Count Marzo. Different enough to be a worthwhile variant.
    Of course YOU would say that. LOL Hahahaha!
    Last edited by TJRules; December 13, 2011 at 11:31pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Hasn't this already been answered many times since the Filmation license was announced? Didn't Toyguru state that They will "NOT" do a Filmation style line while MOTUC is still going. Besides Filmation look to the MOTUC would look off and awful! What's next? You say that it's another conspiracy cause they won't do that?
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Nah. I'd rather Mattel do it the way they are now.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd buy a Filmation add-on Sub if it had Classicized Filmation characters that were a little more obscure (Plundor, Kothos, Malik, Mortella, Admiral Scurvy, Dark Dream, Magestra, etc.)

I'd rather have unique characters than characters I already have in Filmation designs.
    Same here. I would buy into Duke's suggested type of secondary sub line.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Heroic Warrior
    Although I will get one or two of the figures, I didn't think once about getting a 30th sub.

A Filmation sub? Show me Force Captain Adora in a 2.0 female buck, and a Madame Razz/Broom 2 pack and I'll buy three.

I think this is what the 30th Anniversary 2012 sub should have been! I'm not a sub holder and never have been. However I'd be tempted by a Filmation Characters Sub in 2013.

However I believe Filmation Variants such as Mer-Man, Clawful and Evil Lyn should be part of the quarterly variants slots in the main line. I'm shocked they haven't done these already as they are quite cheap to do, especially Mer-Man, who for the most part only needs the Filmation style head and maybe a few accessories he had in the cartoon such as his staff from the Teela's Quest episode.
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Hell yes I would!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

There are very few Filmation character variants that I would be interested in. That being said, I guess I would not.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I'm all for a Filmation add on sub if it's for "Filmation Characters" like Octavia and Scorpia. I don't want a mini sub of Filmation He-man and Filmation Mer-man or whatever.

At this point I want the Filmation characters that have never gotten a figure before more then variants and more then some of the remaining vintage figures.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    I would buy both if and when they happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I'd buy a Filmation add-on Sub if it had Classicized Filmation characters that were a little more obscure (Plundor, Kothos, Malik, Mortella, Admiral Scurvy, Dark Dream, Magestra, etc.)

I'd rather have unique characters than characters I already have in Filmation designs.
    This sums up my feelings on the matter exactly. I don't have a lot of interest in Filmation variants.

I would buy a new Skeletor if they put a Filmation style hood and articulated jaw on him, though.

Zero interest in inferior filmation designs. I wouldn't buy a sub for such a thing, nor would I buy the figures on the sale date.

Heroic Warrior
    Yep, not interested in Filmation variants of existing figures either... but I would buy a sub that was all new Filmation characters.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    No I'm not interested in variants of Filmation characters, I just want the figures to look like they did in the cartoon.
    Those are the ones I grew up with and which I love to add to my collection.

Heroic Warrior
    Like others have said, if it's characters that only appeared in the Filmation cartoon (or if their appearance is drastically different - I'd take a Marzo, for example), but done in the classics style, then those are figures I want to see, whether it's in the normal subscription or as an add on.

But I have no interest in any characters, already made or not, if they're done in a separate Filmation, non-classics style. To me, it'd be the same mistake they made with the Real Ghostbusters figures (which I passed on) in making them a separate, less detailed line, rather than having a 'compatible' look with the movie figures.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    NO.
    We already have a variants slot in the sub people!
    4 variants per year is what we are already getting.
    The increase cost could cause a drop in subscription sales for 2013 which would be really bad for MOTUC.

I also think there's no need for slight changes to figures to make them "FIlmation" variants. We will probably see figures similar to Snake Man-At-Arms
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

I want some Filmation variants - the main two being King Randor and of course Hordak. Multi-Bot would be nice, as would Clawful and Tung Lashor.

I'd prefer a sub testing the waters for more obscure Filmation characters though. Imagine a year that included the likes of Hunga, Garth, the Game Master and Hawke. I'd be stoked!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

W/o taking a breathe most definitely I'd buy a Sub for Filmation characters. Been waiting and wanting this since my existence of 31 years now. No way could I pass on any of them.

The only Filmation "variant" add-on sub line I would get is if they were actually variants with a significant amount of difference, like:

#1 - Count Marzo
    #2 - King Miro
    #3 - Evilseed
    #4 - Tung Lasher
    #5 - Hordak
    #6 - Clawful

Or even Magestra, which was a disguise of Evil-Lyn and she'd come with the Shaping Staff. This would be the only way I'd want a "variant sub" for Filmation.

Perhaps each of these could come with a Filmation "style" head. For instance, Clawful could come with a Filmation Mer-Man head, and Count Marzo with a Skeletor head, while King Miro could have a Teela head or He-Man one, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    The only Filmation "variant" add-on sub line I would get is if they were actually variants with a significant amount of difference, like:

#1 - Count Marzo
    #2 - King Miro
    #3 - Evilseed
    #4 - Tung Lasher
    #5 - Hordak
    #6 - Clawful

Or even Magestra, which was a disguise of Evil-Lyn and she'd come with the Shaping Staff. This would be the only way I'd want a "variant sub" for Filmation.

Perhaps each of these could come with a Filmation "style" head. For instance, Clawful could come with a Filmation Mer-Man head, and Count Marzo with a Skeletor head, while King Miro could have a Teela head or He-Man one, etc.
    I personally wouldn't care if I got a Filmation He-Man, Mer-Man, MAA and Skeletor figures....but, after the ones different enough, except Evilseed, he'd need to have a figure first to get a variant, and since we have Filmation in Classics....he may come someday anyway.

But Mer Man would need a new armor without the shoulder spikes to even use a Filmation head, and I'd prefer a 10 fingered version of him as well with the new armor and head. He-Man & Skelly, I would gladly accept just heads though, just sucks that He-Man would not have both small bracelets to match, and Skeletor not having boot feet instead of claw feet, to be true Filmation style.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be all about a Magestra figure. Filmation hotness at it's best.

If it means that I'll get Filmation Mer-Man, Hordak, and a Skeletor head after all these years...count me in.

Heroic Warrior

#1 - Count Marzo
    #2 - King Miro
    #3 - Evilseed
    #4 - Tung Lasher
    #5 - Hordak
    #6 - Clawful

I'm totally with you here, but we *need* a regular Filmation Evil Lyn as well! BGEL body, Filmation coloring, spell casting hand, two heads, short staff, and her black cape. I really can't see why this was done, or why we got the misfire that was BGEL. Make this right, Matty!

No interest in a Filmation He-Man or Filmation variants of the main characters other than Hordak (he actually is significantly different). I would pass.

If it was Tung Lasher, Evil Seed, Marzo, etc. those drastic differences yes. But main characters, no.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Would You Buy an ADD-ON Filmation Variants SUB In 2013 ?
    No. I have no interest in any kind of sub. Also, I think we should have other priorities than variants. Unique characters first, please !