Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mantenna quality problems!!! Colour problems in the neck and head of Mantenna.

Mantenna quality problems!!! Colour problems in the neck and head of Mantenna.

Hello MotUC-Fans,

lots of German fans have quality problems with the colour on the neck an head of Mantenna.

Lots of fans postet their pictures at an german forum (planeteternia.de) for Scott, that I can show it to him:

Here is the link to the Mattyforum:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...8%238621040948

The pictures:

Every picture show's you another figure.
    Also the review mantenna from "thefwoosh" have this problem.

The reason for this problem: the figure comes in his package before the colour was dry! So, please contace the factory!

Last months and figures was great, no qualitiy problems. But now, why again, with one of the best figures of the line? ;-(

How about your figures???

I hadn't even noticed (until this thread brought it to my attention), but YES the back of the neck of my Mantenna also has paint rub.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

This seems to be a common QC issue on Mantenna. It seems that the Paint on the torso was not fully dry when they pop the head on it. Mine has them, but when I take pictures I can't see it on them.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Haven't checked mine yet... but I will assume this will be standard. It is mostly hidden by the head, so unless the paint continues to peel it won't totally ruin the figure... but at 25-27 bucks a pop, it shouldn't be there at all!!!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Mine has the paint rub as well. It has been mentioned a number of times in the Mantenna arrivale thread, but for some reason the Chicken Littles haven't been running in circles with their hands above their heads.

Mine has that problem also.

Heroic Warrior
    I hate this kind of stuff. You dont even get this crap on cheap toys...

- - - Updated - - -

Btw that etheria dio looks killer.

Mine had a little chipping too. They probably assembled it while the paint was still drying.

I put a little gloss varnish on the back of my Mantenna's neck, and I haven't had any additional chipping/rub.

Heroic Warrior
    Uh-oh... Seems like Mantenna won't be the figure of the year after all !

The cause is clear : BLASTIC (black plastic as a base, with paint over it) ! I thought they had said they "wouldn't do it anymore"...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post

The cause is clear : BLASTIC (black plastic as a base, with paint over it) ! I thought they had said they "wouldn't do it anymore"...
    In all fairness his Torso is mostly black. I hate it that He has some chipping issues, but it makes sense to have the Torso made in the main color and then painting the accents.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    In all fairness his Torso is mostly black. I hate it that He has some chipping issues, but it makes sense to have the Torso made in the main color and then painting the accents.
    then we'd have people going "omg redstic!" if the black parts started to chip...

YAY....no paint rubs on his neck at all!!!!!!

...damn....now I am afraid to touch him...I have been playing with him quite a bit too...

Attachment 89864

- - - Updated - - -

Very correct, he is not figure of the year.......HE IS THE FIGURE OF THE WHOLE FREAKIN MOTUC LINE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; November 1, 2013 at 05:30pm.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Blastic is when a large portion of the figure is cast in black plastic when it doesn't need to be. Like Dragon Blaster Skeletor's arms being cast in black plastic and painted blue, even though his main body was cast in blue plastic (why not use that?).

Mantenna's body is cast in all the right colors - his arms and legs being cast in blue, because they're mostly blue. Now the body is a mix of red and black. Do they cast it in black and risk the head rubbing against the neck, or cast it in red and risk the torso joint rubbing the black off? They made a choice, and honestly I think they made the right one, since the head covers the main problem.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Mine has it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Blastic is when a large portion of the figure is cast in black plastic when it doesn't need to be. Like Dragon Blaster Skeletor's arms being cast in black plastic and painted blue, even though his main body was cast in blue plastic (why not use that?).

Mantenna's body is cast in all the right colors - his arms and legs being cast in blue, because they're mostly blue. Now the body is a mix of red and black. Do they cast it in black and risk the head rubbing against the neck, or cast it in red and risk the torso joint rubbing the black off? They made a choice, and honestly I think they made the right one, since the head covers the main problem.
    The reason for the black plastic was so they could have many pieces made at once and then painted differently depending on the figure they were for. This (probably) saved Mattel money, hence they did it. In the case of Mantenna,the (painted) red piece was probably in the same mold as the torso piece, so they went with black (probably cheaper) plastic instead of red.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Im about to open mine up to get dissapointed.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Mine has a bit as well. Thankfully the head covers it, so it is not as bad as some of the pictures above.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I left my 200x mantenna staction up along with the rest of the horde. Hodak looks so scary he was always my favorite so my Mantenna will definately be staying in the box now. Catra, Shadow Weaver and Octavia fit in just fine. The rest of my display are classics but I do love my Horde stactions.

Heroic Warrior
    mine is the same way for some reason i just dont care and wont be loosing any sleep over an action figure, i would not critic the figures they are adult collectibles , not kids toys just display them and be happy with them now if the paint falls off on its own with no posing or playing then i would be kind of upset . this is mostly covered by his head anyway. i wouldnt care if they were non poseable

I have no reason or desire to take his head off. So no problem on mine. If it can only be seen if you remove the head then don't remove the head.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Karaoke Extraordinaire Wun2 III's Avatar
    same thing happened to mine
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

"If the connection ends up being Scott Neitlich sitting at his desk,
    I'm gonna punch Scott in the face!" -JVS3 RGD Ep072

Heroic Warrior
    Are they meant to be displayed with their heads off? No, so who cares. Honestly, some of the complaints this line gets are ridiculous. It's like complaining about the color of the neck peg.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
    Are they meant to be displayed with their heads off? No, so who cares. Honestly, some of the complaints this line gets are ridiculous. It's like complaining about the color of the neck peg.
    You are right. We should probably add black paint to inconspicuous areas of all the figures. Like on Netossa. That looked great on her back under her hair. Looks very good on all the blastic figures where they chip as well. Some people just don't get innovation.

My Mantenna has the same problem as well.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Just checked, mine has a black line also, not bothered by it too much as you have to take the head off to see it.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar