Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Once Upon A Time on ABC

After seeing the previews for next weeks show, I think we'll have a better idea on the direction the writers are heading. I'm ready for Emma to get that jolt of "reality" and start fighting the curse and the Wicked witch, rather than real world Regina.

I knew August was Pinocchio! I knew it for a while now. It just made sense! the way it happened played out just like I thought it would, too.

I also agree that Emma needs to hurry up and believe already. I am already getting bored that they've dragged that out this long. There is also only two episodes left.

Former fan fic writer Hordak Alpha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GP Legend View Post
    I also agree that Emma needs to hurry up and believe already. I am already getting bored that they've dragged that out this long. There is also only two episodes left.
    And, I don't even think ABC has renewed the show for next season yet. I hope the damn thing doesn't end on a cliffhanger and then doesn't come back.

If the writers are smart, they'll write a season finale that concludes one story arc but opens up another in the event ABC renews the series for another season.
    (Hordak Alpha))

BY THE POWER OF GREYSTONE! I am the power.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I believe season 1 will probably end with Emma believing and doing something to fight back. The whole series has pretty much been about Emma having nothing TO believe in, so it will be pretty interesting, the next two episodes.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I believe season 1 will probably end with Emma believing and doing something to fight back. The whole series has pretty much been about Emma having nothing TO believe in, so it will be pretty interesting, the next two episodes.

I freaking hope so because, if season two (if it happens) is exactly the same as season one, I might not watch.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I'd really prefer season two to be the curse lifted and emma stuck in the fairy tale world.....I think that would be an interesting twist.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'd really prefer season two to be the curse lifted and emma stuck in the fairy tale world.....I think that would be an interesting twist.
    YES!!!! My hopes exactly!!!! However, I'm wondering if they could pull it off. It seems, any moderately successful TV show today that has any fantasy elements always suffers from budget constraints, which ends up making the makers pull things off half assed (MOST of Heroes, HALF of Smallville). The 'real world' part of the show is so boring I honestly sometimes channel flip until the fairy tale part of the show comes back.
    (Hordak Alpha))

I had a hard time believing August was Pinocchio - just like I didn't believe he was Baelfire, because they keep casting kids with brown eyes to play an adult with striking blue eyes. I mean, the girl they got to play Snow White looked almost EXACTLY Like Gennifer Goodwin - had her mannerisms and everything. The Pinocchio kid...not so much.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Just announced season 2 is go

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150771450208204

IF could embed it I would, if you don't use https, just drop the s.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Holy sweet Jiminy Crickets I can't wait!

As long as it is a departure from season one and the plot moves forward then I'm on board. Another season of Emma denying Henry's claims, however, are something I won't bother with.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Quote Originally Posted by Hordak Alpha View Post
    As long as it is a departure from season one and the plot moves forward then I'm on board. Another season of Emma denying Henry's claims, however, are something I won't bother with.
    I get the feeling that is where they are going with the season finale. Whatever happens will change Emma's beliefs and that will be key for the second season.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I'm glad they've renewed this. I hope they renew GCB too.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

All I can say is about time!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

HD figures on youtube
    That was AMAZING!

It is certainly nice to see that this show has writers who actually want to move the story forward into new territory without having to keep characters in stalemate situations. There is hope for TV fantasy programs after all.
    (Hordak Alpha))

Great finale overall, but I didn't like how sudden they made Emma believe. All this time she didn't believe, then she believes just like that.

Still, I can't wait for the second season.

That was an excellent finale! Season 2 can't come soon enough! I thought that way they made Emma realize that magic was real was cool and her reaction, when she went to see August, was also what I would have had expected. Looks like the game has completely changed now for next season, though. Clearly there still are questions to be answered...

It was epic. Stoked to see where it goes next season.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I enjoyed it quite a lot!

I think they won't be going back to fairy tale world though. That would have been cool. We'll just have to wait and see what happens after the purple smoke clears.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    The finale was EPIC! my wife and I were practically cheering when she finally believed! And everything that happened afterwards...WOW!

Season 2 is too far away!

I can wait to see what happens when the smoke clears!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    I made my wife laugh when I said (in my best Emma voice) "I can see your wood..." to august.

great ending to the season, personally, the only story I do not like, has some importance with the whole beauty and the beast thing. its the only interpretation i do not like what they did to it, and I wish i could have seen their version of the real beast, and how they could write him in....

other than that, i think this is by far the best show on TV (as far as family friendly shows go) my wife and I love it.

i think we will still see fairy tale land, because of the flashbacks, but now i am curious on where the story will go. and I was SOOOO mad they didnt show clips from next season, at least usually shows do that!!! or give you a lead.... but we got NOTHING!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Great finale! I enjoyed it a lot. Nice to see it'll be back for a new season!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Very satisfying episode. I think/hope the cloud brings magic to Storybrooke but doesn't reset the amnesia--at least not for the key characters. I think we'll still see Storybrooke vs Fairytale world flashbacks next year, or I hope so because we still don't know how Regina got her powers, what happened to her mother (my theory, she's the Queen of Hearts), and there are still a lot of curses that were never broken (Gipetto's parents are still puppets, Gaston is still a flower). I hope that Giancarlo Esposito's new show Revolution getting picked up does not mean we won't see Sidney Glass again because I am hopeful he is also Jafar and that Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, and the true lamp genie will follow. I also hope we did not just see the demise of Maleficent. She was always cooler than Snow White's Wicked Queen IMO, and while I don't like her as a blonde with a perm, I want to see her with a much bigger role next year--and Aurora/Sleeping Beauty too.

Does anyone else feel like we need to eventually get into the history of Henry and Regina? I don't remember any mention of who raised him; he doesn't act like it was her and yet she acts like it was and his defiance is both sudden and confusing to her. I think she's been too malicious to really be forgiven by all the characters, but I'd be curious to know if he has any sympathy or compassion for her since he might be the only character she has tried to help without later screwing over (like his namesake).

If anyone is interested, the full soundtrack for Once Upon a Time can now be ordered in Amazon. They had a short version before but this is a full CD now.