Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest news from Sony (100% official)

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    Exactly. We got burned a couple of times getting our hopes up..
    True. Sony Pictures is the third studio to develop a MOTU film. Hopefully it will be a case of third time lucky.

Heroic Warrior
    This is GREAT news... regardless of the set backs in the past, this really seems promising. I think we'll have a new movie by 2014... and hopefully it caries over into a trilogy, followed by a She-Ra trilogy. That would be AMAZING!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Why always this negative trend about hollywood?
    Why always think of Bayformers, rise of cobra or batman and robin ?
    Why not think of LOTR, POTC or Thor?
    I think the reason people think of the negative, is because a movie like this can go either way... and lets face it, there have been more big budget stinkers that quickly loose their luster once the CGI gloss has worn off, than there have been high quality, maturely & respectfully made, rewatchable, timeless movies.

I would love for the MOTU movie franchaise to play out like Lord Of The Rings, Underworld, Pirates of The Carribean, or X-Men, which each movie making more profit than the previous installment, and retaining their charm. Sure X3 garnered some hatred, but it was still better than Spider-Man 3, and half a dozen other Marvel flicks.

However, I am not getting my hopes up. I'm expecting the sinking ship that was Bayformers, or Spider-Man. I can't believe I'm actually saying this, but I'm looking forward to the Spider-Man reboot...

And as much as I didn't care for the new Batman movies, I would still take a film in a similar vein as those movies, that Bayformers. If Michael Bay gets on with this project, I think I'm going to burn all my DVDs and give up on MOTU.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar

Tired of waiting for Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Breaker View Post
    I think the reason people think of the negative, is because a movie like this can go either way... Sure X3 garnered some hatred, but it was still better than Spider-Man 3, and half a dozen other Marvel flicks.

However, I am not getting my hopes up. I'm expecting the sinking ship that was Bayformers, or Spider-Man.

And as much as I didn't care for the new Batman movies,
    If Michael Bay gets on with this project, I think I'm going to burn all my DVDs and give up on MOTU.
    I could make a Spiderman movie, it would only be one movie though, I think.
    ..because it would end in death.
    It would be a great way to show the difference in 'responce' and 'prevention', so that you could give the movie to the justise department and they could use it as an intructional video for cops and lawyers.

A guy who doesnt care about people problems gets bit by a super bug, he then sees crimes happening and can no longer ignore it, then he uses his spidey powers to catch criminals after a crime has happened and he gets really good at responce, but starts to feel he can do more and even prevent bad things from happening, so he then starts acting on a profile and goes after people who havent done anything yet,, they stomp up and down about their rights and spideman gets squashed, like a bug.

Batman is a bit more unbeleivable, even if he dealt with corporate crimes that street cops dont understand, cause rich people dont help the world or worry about the future much.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    It would be a great way to show the difference in 'responce' and 'prevention', so that you could give the movie to the justise department and they could use it as an intructional video for cops and lawyers.

A guy who doesnt care about people problems gets bit by a super bug, he then sees crimes happening and can no longer ignore it, then he uses his spidey powers to catch criminals after a crime has happened and he gets really good at responce, but starts to feel he can do more and even prevent bad things from happening, so he then starts acting on a profile and goes after people who havent done anything yet,, they stomp up and down about their rights and spideman gets squashed, like a bug.

Batman is a bit more unbeleivable, even if he dealt with corporate crimes that street cops dont understand, cause rich people dont help the world or worry about the future much.
    read your post here. doesn't make much sense either. do you dislike spider-man and batman or have a problem with superheroes in general?

I never said I dislike them.
    I just think about telling a solid story, with a begining and an end.

T.V. and comics dont do that, they just punp out challenges and pitfalls, with advertisements attached.

I asked for an update on Escape Artists FB page and they responded with this.

We are still in the development phase... the script is being written by Alex Livtak and Michael Finch. We hope to have more updates for you soon!

Alex Litvak worked on Predators and Three Musketeers. Finch worked on Predators. Not to pre-judge but .

I noticed the article was written by Hannah Shaw-Williams. Assuming by her first name it is a girl then she may actually be sincere about her remarks:

"I’m looking forward to this most of all, since any series that features a unicorn that can fart rainbows and a scene where He-Man straps himself into his favorite pink waistcoat, grabs hold of a man who walks around with a heart emblazoned on the chest and shares a horse with him* is a series that needs a big budget adaptation.

If they cast Mark Wahlberg in the lead role I swear to buy up every seat in the cinema in order to ensure that no one disturbs my enjoyment of the film."

Uh, then again may be the last line is the only genuine thought...

Court Magician
    As much as I'd love to see this I'm afraid it won't ever happen. Where is that He-Man game THQ talked about? Oh yeah, they are going bankrupt

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Thanks for that. I've asked Devon Franklin a couple of times over the last few months on Twitter, but he's always blanked me, so I've just given up. I very much doubt they're still writing the script, though. I’m pretty sure the bulk of the story is locked, although that could depend on whether or not a director is on board. They're probably doing re-writes, I suppose.

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    I also responded on that topic mate It is nice to show interests for something (if you dig me)

I'd rather have no movie than one with Marky-Mark in the lead role.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I think Hannah is being a bit of a smart-butt. She was one of the editors for the MVC MOTU comic and worked directly with Val, so she knows hands down what a true movie needs to look like. She may have just been venting about the need for a motion picture.

Correction!...this isnt the same person. I was actually referring to Leanne Shaw Hannah who did the art for MOTU #7. You can see how I got that mixed though right? my bad!!
    Last edited by Hoffrod; April 27, 2012 at 09:52pm. Reason: correction.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I'd rather have no movie than one with Marky-Mark in the lead role.
    Surprisingly enough, Whalberg has become quite a respectable actor.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Uh... name me three movies he has done that make himself respectable? I mean, he isn't horrible, but all I can think of are movies like Contraband, Max Payne, Shooter, and that one about him and a brother who are cops.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Uh... name me three movies he has done that make himself respectable? I mean, he isn't horrible, but all I can think of are movies like Contraband, Max Payne, Shooter, and that one about him and a brother who are cops.
    Boogie Nights
    The Departed
    I Heart Huckabees

His performance in all of them was wall regarded. Personally, I think he's a hit or miss actor but he does some great stuff too. Kind of like Nic Cage. So hard to imagine the guy who makes all those horrible movies was also in Adaptation. In any case, I don't want him anywhere near a MOTU movie.

Heroic Warrior
    Guy Pearce for He-Man all the way - muscly guy who can actually act, sense of humour and has dressed in drag for Priscilla Queen of the Desert so furry knickers should be no problem. Seriously though - Australian actors are the way to go - fitness, thespian smarts and accents never a problem.

In saying that though - my top three for Skeletor/Keldor are Jason Isaacs, Michael Sheen or upcoming actor Adam Sinclair - actually Adam Sinclair could probably play He-Man: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0801554/

... anyway I'll file my idea for a script away. I envisioned a kid with his box of motu figures and every time, at three year stages of the kid's life in the 1980s the role play he performs with them mirror his emotional state - but still with a bit of canon. Maybe a bit 'Princess Bride'/'Sucker Punch'/'Toy Story' - but there we are.
    Last edited by Gragar; April 28, 2012 at 09:34am.

Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I really enjoyed his roles in:

Invincible
    Four Brothers
    The Shooter
    The Fighter
    Contraband
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Court Magician
    What about SAM WORTHINGTON?

I wished a movie would beout this year. 30 th anniveray of MASTERS with Sam in the lead

Quote Originally Posted by jay20 View Post
    What about SAM WORTHINGTON?

I wished a movie would beout this year. 30 th anniveray of MASTERS with Sam in the lead
    I like that.

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post

Wow... that would be, almost, as good as Ang Lee's version of The Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by gragar View Post
    guy pearce for he-man all the way - muscly guy who can actually act, sense of humour and has dressed in drag for priscilla queen of the desert so furry knickers should be no problem. Seriously though - australian actors are the way to go - fitness, thespian smarts and accents never a problem.

In saying that though - my top three for skeletor/keldor are jason isaacs, michael sheen or upcoming actor adam sinclair - actually adam sinclair could probably play he-man: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0801554/

... Anyway i'll file my idea for a script away. I envisioned a kid with his box of motu figures and every time, at three year stages of the kid's life in the 1980s the role play he performs with them mirror his emotional state - but still with a bit of canon. Maybe a bit 'princess bride'/'sucker punch'/'toy story' - but there we are.
    no way....

This is the crap we will get if a He-Man movie is made... leave it alone.
    Last edited by He-Dude; May 7, 2012 at 02:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would also like to make a sequel to 'Condorman'.

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    This thread is called Latest news from Sony (100% official) I understand we are not getting new information, but that doesn't mean we can use it for whatever topic we choose, or can we?
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

This thread sparks determined interest, and opinionated thought.

Some of us respond like germs to a new toilet.