Thread: Road Map for figures through 2017

Road Map for figures through 2017 (Will we really get them all?)

After reading this thread :http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218752 I wanted to actually plot out a road map to actually see what it should look like in order to get all of the figures released before the end of the line.

It has been speculated, possibly even stated by Toyguru, that the line was slated to run through 2016, now with Filmation rights there should be at least enough characters to extend the line through 2017, I didn't go any further than that because it is possible Mattel may try to reboot the toyline for retail or a new movie could upset the line. While making this road map I tried to be completely fair to all separate factions and fans while still getting all figures on the schedule. I put a lot of Filmation Horde characters on the schedule because I feel that the MOTU Heroic Warriors to Evil Warriors ratio seem to be balanced as does NA, but the Great Rebellion members seem to greatly outnumber the Horde, so I feel the additional Horde members are needed.

My Road Map: You'll notice a lot of New Adventures releases, pretty much three a year, but that is only because their releases have been very slow in coming. In order to get the NA figures released in a timely but spaced out manner, three a year is a necessity.

The announced figures for 2012 are listed under 2012, other than that, the releases on my Road Map are in no particular order, they're just my guesses. Same goes with the variants and beasts.

I also placed the Rock People under single Heroic Warriors releases, but I also placed them under oversize releases in case they decided to release them as a three-pack. In the event they do release the the Rock People Three-Pack, it will open up three additional slots for other figures.

I put Rotar and Twistoid under beasts/oversize because I thought that they may end up being larger than standard MOTUC, and I also thought they may throw in some detachable legs for both of them, which I thought may be really cool.

The way I see it the figures need to be released in a fashion similar to this to get the fans what they want and in order to keep the line going, or the A-List MOTU figures are going to all be released...the line will end...and then NA and POP fans are not going to get what they want.

Photobucket

Photobucket

After doing this roadmap i really hope it lasts at least through 2018 or i think alot of us will not get the figures we want. Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on the subject?
    Last edited by hologram900; December 19, 2011 at 09:42am. Reason: Updated my closing statement

Nice work!

I'm not particular about release order as long as it all gets cranked out eventually.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Since when are Rotar and Twistoid OVERsized?!

And you forgot Mini-Comics and Prototypes.... Eldor, Geldor, Lodar, Evil Robot....

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    This would be a cool road map... I don't think we'll see so many NA characters though.... I guess they will bump some of the lesser known POP or NA characters to include Filmation characters....

Court Magician
    They are missing a lot of POP females. It's clear to me now that they release too many masters too soon. They should have balance it out a bit. It's going to seem like we are getting a lot of females, it already has for early next year.

Heroic Warrior
    Honestly, I don't want to collect this line for another 5-6 years, when I'm 38.

When I got Jitsu, Ninjor, Spikor & Two Bad to complete my beloved Evil Warriors-faction, I'll buy maybe 6 figures a year and some vehicles, it's expensive enough for me.

I recognized, how many figures in 2012 I won't buy and how much money I can spare...

Not enough Shokoti, Masque, Geldor, Lodar, Illumina, Kittrina, Eldor, Prahvus, Dactys, Sibylline, Melaktha, and various obscure characters in there for my liking. Also that's way too long to wait for Lizard Man and Strong Arm!

I wouldn't count Horde Prime as Filmation either since they were going to make him before they got the rights to Filmation (just with a different name and maybe without that helmet that resembles his cartoon silhouette). Also Batros wasn't a member of the Horde.

But a very nice idea for how to be more balanced. Giving so many slots to NA but not reducing the vintage MOTU He-Man slots a few times seems unfair though. And of course, I think the formula should be mixed up a little, with factions slots moving around within the calendar. Three months in a row of NA just seems tedious to me. But that's me.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Not enough Shokoti, Masque, Geldor, Lodar, Illumina, Kittrina, Eldor, Prahvus, Dactys, Sibylline, Melaktha, and various obscure characters in there for my liking. Also that's way too long to wait for Lizard Man and Strong Arm!

I wouldn't count Horde Prime as Filmation either since they were going to make him before they got the rights to Filmation (just with a different name and maybe without that helmet that resembles his cartoon silhouette). Also Batros wasn't a member of the Horde.

But a very nice idea for how to be more balanced. Giving so many slots to NA but not reducing the vintage MOTU He-Man slots a few times seems unfair though. And of course, I think the formula should be mixed up a little, with factions slots moving around within the calendar. Three months in a row of NA just seems tedious to me. But that's me.

I agree with u on every point here. I can't see three na figures a year when there r so many filmation characters that were left out of this list.
    bnl4life

Yeah, basically I was trying to do a mock up of HOW to be more balanced, and there were slots left open for SDCC Exclusives and Club Eternia Exclusives for characters like Illumina and Shokoti. You can move them around however you'd like and replace character names with your faves. I basically just lined up the factions so you can get a better idea of how many are left from each, I didn't mean that we should get three NA at the end of every year, you can move them around. I just placed names in open boxes, you could just as easily switch Glimmer (2012) with Flutterina (2016). I also placed Ram Man in 2013 but he could just as easily end up being a Club Eternia Exclusive in one of my open spaces which would free up a place for Geldor, Lodar, etc for the monthly sub.

Quote Originally Posted by bnlvince View Post
    I agree with u on every point here. I can't see three na figures a year when there r so many filmation characters that were left out of this list.
    That does seem like a lot of NA in a year, but they shouldn't have been waiting so long to release these characters. This outline just shows how many NA characters would need to be released each year to get the important ones out IF the line ends in 2017.
    Last edited by hologram900; December 17, 2011 at 05:25pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Nice work!
    I'm not particular about release order as long as it all gets cranked out eventually.
    I agree. But this list just goes to show you that at the rate the line is going it's unlikely that tHey will all get produced.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoViEfReAk View Post
    Since when are Rotar and Twistoid OVERsized?!
    And you forgot Mini-Comics and Prototypes.... Eldor, Geldor, Lodar, Evil Robot....
    The vintage versions do look a little wider than a standard MOTU figure so it's possible they would be considered oversize. It's unlikely, but possible.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    where were

Catra in cat form from Filmation
    Clawdeen
    Spirit
    Arrow
    Night Stalker
    Strider
    Kowl
    Loo Kee
    etc.
    Does Galactus fart?

Also Batros wasn't a member of the Horde.
    Well that's the exciting part, after almost 30 years Batros can finally officially join the Horde. Or not...

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    where were

Catra in cat form from Filmation
    Clawdeen
    Spirit
    Arrow
    Night Stalker
    Strider
    Kowl
    Loo Kee
    etc.
    I placed Kowl with Madame Razz as an sdcc excl. but where he, Imp and Loo-kee actually end up is anybody's guess. As for the beasts you listed i left alot of slots open for them, place them as you like.

There is also NO representation for 200x at all!

Snake Armor He-man
    Fire Armor Skeletor
    Evilseed
    ABCs
    Kulutaks
    Prahvus
    Queen Adreenos
    Lord Dactys
    Bone Monster
    Teen Adam
    200x Hiss
    Snakemen

It's a good start and Scott did actually say that they extended the road map out to 2020!! So there is still plenty of room for all the factions to get fully represented and honored.