Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree. Mine has a few cracks in it and I never even touched the damn thing! Should have been made of the same bendy "plastic" as King Hiss' snakes...instead of left over Stay Pufts...
    well they had to do somthing with his left overs

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Lynch View Post
    It's not made of the Stay Puft material. If it were made up of that they would all be dented and dinged from top to bottom.
    I was joking, but I noticed it feels pretty close to the same! I did touch his snout after I noticed the cracks. I thought it was black paint lines at first.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    I think when they said:

They meant "and added to the shipping expense."
    HAHAHAHAAHA! That's unfortunately true though...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    I read about rumors, that Mattel is afraid to upset retail partners, seeing mattycollector as a 24hr online store.
    True.

Quote Originally Posted by musclor View Post
    Poeghostal's first answer kind of ticked me off. Am I the only one that got a snout spout whose rubber trunk had split in the package? Been struggling with dr customer "service" since I got him. Sigh. There's no wa this material will last....
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    On the issue with Swiftwind, I myself am going onto a month with no sign of replacement. I have called and I'm tired of calling so I guess I'll see what happens.

You guys have to email customer service, and politely, but firmly, threaten going to the Better Business Bureau. I had to have one of my BP She-Ra's replaced.

At first, they said that I'd have to wait until the Black Friday orders were processed. Then they said they were waiting to hear from the warehouse about stock for BP She-Ra. Then they said that I'd have to wait for a ticket to be created.

I finally just let them have it. I said that I had been a customer since Mattycollector was launched. That I was going to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (it's EASY, and you can do it online), and that I had been more than patient.

They responded the next day. They then asked for my credit card number, the security code, and the shipping address, even though the replacement was free. I refused, citing their security issues with credit card info. I ended up getting a response the next day from someone who seemed to know what he was doing. He said I was right, and that my order had been created.

It was ANNOYING. But it's possible.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    True.
    Yeah, I read it in your post a few weeks ago

Heroic Warrior
    I still don't understand the Snout Spout answer and battleground variants. I know that Matty is feeling burned by 200x, but if they make 200x characters in classics style, even if they have already made a figure of that character (like Snout Spout), are they not still classicizing everything? It makes sense to me to have battleground variants of figures like Snout Spout and Roboto that had drastically updated looks in 200X. But if they are made in classics style reflecting 200x design elements, I don't know what the problem would be.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    He's an MYP character without a vintage counterpart. There is an explanation for Snake MAA, he was transformed into a Snake Man with the serpent's ring.
    No, I mean the meched out 200X bodysuit that they are giving Snake MAA made from Roboto/Trap Jaw parts. The vintage counterpart WAS the spandex version we saw earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    I still don't understand the Snout Spout answer and battleground variants. I know that Matty is feeling burned by 200x, but if they make 200x characters in classics style, even if they have already made a figure of that character (like Snout Spout), are they not still classicizing everything? It makes sense to me to have battleground variants of figures like Snout Spout and Roboto that had drastically updated looks in 200X. But if they are made in classics style reflecting 200x design elements, I don't know what the problem would be.
    I think TG is holding any 200X variant ideas back, just in case things get really bad with the line. The whole "200X heads confuses moms and kids" doesn't hold water when you're including mini-comic heads, UK comic heads, style guide heads or cardback heads anyway. 200X heads have been singled out.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 15, 2011 at 09:01am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think TG is holding any 200X variant ideas back, just in case things get really bad with the line. The whole "200X heads confuses moms and kids" doesn't hold water when you're including mini-comic heads, UK comic heads, style guide heads or cardback heads anyway. 200X heads have been singled out.
    I'd say you're probably right.

In the grand scheme of things, if the line does incredibly well and they never get to 200x variants, it's not the end of the world. We will still have received a version of every character that was in 200x.

BUT...if they run through most of the fan-desired characters and find that they've overestimated fan commitment, they may still loose vintage purists, but completists and 200xers will surely pick up the slack, allowing the line to run its natural course.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

The whole "200X heads confuses moms and kids" doesn't hold water when you're including mini-comic heads, UK comic heads, style guide heads or cardback heads anyway. 200X heads have been singled out.
    So it seems.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    and sorry but Hasbro store is 100% better then Matty they have lots of 10% off codes some times free shipping lots of stock and no RSOD
    Hasbro doesn't have monthly online exclusives with thousands of fans all trying to get on their website at one time to purchase them. Hardly a valid comparison.

No, I mean the meched out 200X bodysuit that they are giving Snake MAA made from Roboto/Trap Jaw parts. The vintage counterpart WAS the spandex version we saw earlier.
    They really shouldn't have done that, and I understand your point, but there really is no vintage counterpart.

I'm sure 200x variants (ie: Evil Lyn, Randor) are being held back, but 200x heads have been singled out because that style is retired. Everything else you mentioned is classic or vintage, and that's what the line is based on.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    I'm sure 200x variants (ie: Evil Lyn, Randor) are being held back, but 200x heads have been singled out because that style is retired.
    Yes, have heard a couple of times already that the style has been retired. But what does it mean? It would make sense if it was referring to the stylized, super-angular, oodles-of-tiny-detail-everywhere style of portraying the characters, but it seems to sometimes any similarity with the 200X designs whatsoever.

Take the Snake Men for instance. Sssqueeze: classic and 200X versions have radically different heads and hands, but what differences fall under the "200X style"? What about king Hisss' sandals vs. boots or Rattlor's finger count?
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Only the Classizer Machine knows the answers Met-Hild.

Cool avatar, BTW.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC

T
    I'm sure 200x variants (ie: Evil Lyn, Randor) are being held back, but 200x heads have been singled out because that style is retired. Everything else you mentioned is classic or vintage, and that's what the line is based on.
    Things can be taken out of retirement when need be. TG told us to keep asking for 200X headed variants a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    Actually, a "head pack" is one of the least likely things to happen. We did propose this and management did put the definitive kabash on it feeling it was a bit morbid to have a group of heads in a package without a "body" as well as feeling it was not the best use of resources. (on the second part I agree knowing what limited resources we have and how intensive heads can be with so many paint ops)

Originally we actually talked about making Prince Adam's extra head the SDCC give-away (like Gleek) but much like a "head pack" this was also thought to be a bit morbid (a head in a bag...yeah, I can see that)

If we do 200X heads they will be with a figure. After all, we need to save things for key refreshes down the line.

So for those wanting 200X heads, keep the chant going. For those wanting a head pack, that I can pretty much tell you will never happen.

TG
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 15, 2011 at 02:41pm.

He was just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He was just kidding.
    He also said characters with unique 200x costumes were fair game and we see how Evil-Lyn turned out with her hand-me-down look.

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    He also said characters with unique 200x costumes were fair game and we see how Evil-Lyn turned out with her hand-me-down look.
    They ran outta money!

They ran outta money!
    It was an artistic decision to please the fans!! You go 4H! You go Mattel Design Team! I truly feel you earned my money and praise with that one! *End sarcasm*

Matty: The Subscription figures like Wun-Dar, Preternia He-Man or Shadow Weaver will never be sold to the public. They are only available for sub holders. Production is run to the number of sub holders so we don't have excess stock.
    Hmmm... what about exchanges for defective figures (which there will always be) and the ones some people supposedly got in the Mad Matty Monday deal (not sure if this was real or not)
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    Hmmm... what about exchanges for defective figures (which there will always be) and the ones some people supposedly got in the Mad Matty Monday deal (not sure if this was real or not)
    Well only 1 person claimed they recieved a Wundar instead of an Adora in a MadMatty pak during the last sale. HOWEVER, can we truly confirm this as fact???
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If they did BA Faker in the sub, they would have pimped him out more. Retail versions = a lot less.
    A retail run, even an exclusive to one retailer, would have to be bigger than a run for Matty. There should, therefore, be more they can do with the retail version, as the budget shouldn't be quite as tight.

Doesn't make a lot of sense, does it?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

It's not a real retail run though. Just TRU. It was almost a side project that was only meant for one wave.

We got lucky they managed to make any changes with Zodac's boots and adding Faker's armor.

Heroic Warrior
    They ran outta money!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    It was an artistic decision to please the fans!! You go 4H! You go Mattel Design Team! I truly feel you earned my money and praise with that one! *End sarcasm*

Hmmm....

Soooo the 4H had the money allocated for a unique dress...

The 4H made the artistic decision to cheap out on EL....

Draego man costs WAY more to make than any standard figure should...

Coincidence??

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Hmmm....

Soooo the 4H had the money allocated for a unique dress...

The 4H made the artistic decision to cheap out on EL....

Draego man costs WAY more to make than any standard figure should...

Coincidence??
    SICKENING

Kastor's Korner: It was great to see hard-to-find figures come to special sales like Black Friday, but what becomes of excess Subscription figures like Preternia Disguise He-Man? While it makes sense to not sell figures that are intended as gift with purchase incentives, is there a leftover stock in limbo, or are these figures explicitly made to order?

Matty: The Subscription figures like Wun-Dar, Preternia He-Man or Shadow Weaver will never be sold to the public. They are only available for sub holders. Production is run to the number of sub holders so we don't have excess stock.
    So what happens if my SW shows up with two left hands for something? Does Mattel make some extras for costumer service returns?

2012 is my first year getting a sub, and I only got it get Shadow Weaver. I would have bought 2 for more if she was a regular release to ensure a good figure. I couldn't swing getting 2 subs.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    Well, it greatly pleased SOME of us.

Some of us have been waiting for 30 years for an Evil-Lyn that wasn't jaundiced. She is the spitting image of Filmation Evil-Lyn, which so many of us wanted.

So while she may not be the 200x Evil Lyn some want, she was easily my most desired unmade character along with Adora and Shadow Weaver.