Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2011)

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    And she won't be. How many times do they have to say, "We will not be remaking 200x figures, they are retired"?

They have said they will include influences, extra heads - and for a new Evil Lyn, she got quite a bit of 200x influence. But she's not totally 200x. Which they said - will not happen.
    These say different. If BGEL had quite a few new tools, then I KNOW Snake Alliance Evil-Lyn could work with her 3-4 new tools.

She has 200x coloring, 200x extra head, she is the first time the vintage style has been used on a non-fluorescent marker yellow figure...

As a Filmation fan, I'm happy that she looks pretty much like the TV show. Yes, slightly different paint scheme (done to please 200x fans - not a lot of good that did). But she looks a hell of a lot more than Evil Lyn from the show than any figure that has come out, ever, in any line.

I think people need to adjust their expectations. How many times do they have to say they will not do straight remakes of 200x? A good portion of this figure has 200x influences, yet as a Filmation fan (like many) I am happy with her. But 200x fans are upset she didn't go "all the way". When they have said...they will not be going "all the way".

But I'm just wasting my breath, though, cause this has all been said. But it's like some 200x fans keep sticking their fingers in their ears and refusing to hear the truth - Classics is not about remaking 200x. 200x got a ton of 200x in this Evil-Lyn - but I keep hearing, "it's not enough". If as a Filmation fan I can think she is "enough" for me, and she has a 200x color scheme, it's tough to see the constant complaints acting like she's defective because she's not EXACTLY 200x.

Like a figure, or don't - but I think 200x fans complaints are based on unrealistic expectations. But if years of TG explaining this, probably not much good I can do.
    What is so unrealistic about a newly tooled dress with a waist twist on the same figure? They did it with She-Ra. Is that so impossible?

We don't want a straight conversion to 200X Lyn. How many times must I tell you this? The figure is fine, except for the dress.

We asked and campaigned for one thing, which Mattel acknowledged and gave us something else. "Quite a few new tools?"
    I thought they read the message boards?

This is exactly the misunderstanding that causes the strife between fans of the various eras, known as The Era Wars.

If you still don't understand it, maybe you shouldn't comment on it. I've explained it to you over and over, yet you don't want to hear it and you continue to belittle 200X who have legitimately asked for this figure since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The Four Horsemen (who sculpt the MOTUC figures) said in an interview they did not give her the 200X top and skirt because female buck 2.0 (which Bubble Power She-Ra uses) wasn't completed at the time, but they knew it was coming. If they made the new outfit, it would only be one piece (no waist-twist), which they knew would make many people unhappy...so they decided to just have the old one repainted and hope to revisit her in the future.

That's why many people wonder why she wasn't merely delayed and another, easy to make figure, wasn't slotted in her place. ...or at least painted like the Filmation version (as Met-Hild posted above).
    Maybe you should provide a link to that post, Dark. I can link to it in the Index.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 20, 2011 at 10:53am.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    I really like Battleground Evil-Lyn - I think she's a visually striking figure.

But I hope we get a "Snakemen Alliance Evil-Lyn" and a "Filmation Evil-Lyn" with shorter wand (like in the toon) and an ancient artifact.
    I like her too. I'll add younger "Teenage Evil-Lyn" to that as well. I still think there's a lot they could do with her and different looks they could do that would please fans... and annoy fans as well, I'm sure.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon... now going green with TMNT!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Maybe you should provide a link to that post, Dark. I can link to it in the Index.
    I think it was in a Roast Gooble Dinner. It was either there or a Fwoosh interview. I don't think I've seen them interviewed anywhere else.

EDIT: DUH! It was Mattel's Facebook message!

FOUR HORSEMEN: When designing Battleground Evil Lyn, we used a combination of new parts (new head, cape) along with thought-out reuse parts (tunic, Catra hand) to capture the charm and nostalgia that reuse parts evoke uniquely with MOTU. While we are always trying to go the extra mile for fans, sometimes our efforts do not jive with what the fan base is looking for (She-Ra 1.0's mask attachment, Space Explorer Marlena in Green are good examples).

Fans have also asked why the new 2.0 female buck was not used for Evil Lyn. At the time this figure was being sculpted the 2.0 body was not developed yet. We knew that it was coming, but it didn't exist for us to work off of. With this in mind we felt that it would be better to go with this simpler version rather than sink a lot of tooling into a version that didn't have waist articulation, better hip function, etc. If we used up the tooling now, it may have killed the chance to do a version that 100% satisfies all of the fan requests. Now that the 2.0 body has been created and worked into the line, the door is open to do this version in the future.
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=213411

Toyguru also said at NYCC that we could put 200X Evil-Lyn in the Fan Vote we just did here. So, she is not off the table at all. Battleground Evil-Lyn isn't 200X Evil-Lyn if we could put her in our Fan Vote!

I transcribed it here:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    19) Fan poll question asked by bcrduke, I think. TG: It can't be a 100% tooled figure. Other than that, anyone you want: Illumina, 200X version of Evil-Lyn, Mini-Comic Trap-Jaw. No Ram-Man because that would take over a toy slot. We know you've wanted a fan choice for a long time. The reason we haven't been able to do it is because it takes a two-year ramp-up. That's why the fans' choice will be at the end of 2013, when the figure comes out. That's why we want to start this now. We'll reach out to the moderators of the sites and get a timeline. We'll (Mattel) pick 6, .org and .de pick one, 8 go up and subscribers get to choose.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 20, 2011 at 02:15pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by TJRules View Post
    I like her too. I'll add younger "Teenage Evil-Lyn" to that as well. I still think there's a lot they could do with her and different looks they could do that would please fans... and annoy fans as well, I'm sure.
    I'm drumming up support for that option here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=211946

Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!