Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (12/15/2011)

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    My feelings boil down to this on BG Evil-Lyn:

Regardless of what style everyone wanted (200X or Filmation), she should have been on Female Buck 2.0 with a two piece outfit (be that like her 80's toy outfit or 200X toy). The FourHorsemen said in an interview the reason they didn't do the 200X dress was because it would have to be one-piece because the Female Buck 2.0 wasn't ready yet (and they knew fans would be unhappy with the one-piece outfit like that). The solution should have been: don't do the figure if the improved body isn't finished in time, not repaint the old version! Slot in a different, easy to make character...like Strobo, or something.

One piece outfits need to OFFICIALLY be retired. They restrict movement, and stretch if you leave your figure in a "turned" pose too long. Boo to one piece outfits!

I personally wanted the 200X two-piece outfit, but would be MUCH happier with any version that isn't a one-piece.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 16, 2011 at 04:31am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EtherianChronicles View Post
    Well, it greatly pleased SOME of us.

Some of us have been waiting for 30 years for an Evil-Lyn that wasn't jaundiced. She is the spitting image of Filmation Evil-Lyn, which so many of us wanted.

So while she may not be the 200x Evil Lyn some want, she was easily my most desired unmade character along with Adora and Shadow Weaver.
    But she isn't Filmation Lyn. She's in 200X colors, but has the wrong costume.

Instead of doing BGEL in Filmation colors, that's TWO more Evil-Lyn variants that take up slots from other characters (Filmation AND 200X Evil-Lyns) to get this all right.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Warrior
    Anyone else is thinking, we will get another EL variant in Filmation colors?

I'm hoping we might get another Teela in a more Filmation look, she has many differences than the Classics / Vintage figure...mostly in her tunic and head....and yes the tunic looks similar to the cartoon....but it's not as close as some make it seem...the new Filmation Teela would have to have a whole new resculpted tunic, and head...hopefully a 2 piece head for a hairline break this time....which is my main complaint with the original Classics version...the hair looks too flat, and doesn't seem to break from her face because it's a one piece head.

And what's with the flat butts...the girls had more back than that.

I am happy with BGEL, Teela tunic and all...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't like a new version with a 2 piece tunic...I don't like 2002...but I have to admit the 2002 EL doesn't look bad at all.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 16, 2011 at 10:01am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I feel like it's going to take at least two more releases of each Evil-Lyn AND Teela in order for me to get the ideal version I want via mixing-and-matching. Thank goodness they really seriously nailed what I consider to be the perfect design for BP She-Ra... I think that's gotta be the "surprise figure of the year" for me, personally. The two-piece outfit should indeed be the norm from here on out.

Well, it greatly pleased SOME of us.

Some of us have been waiting for 30 years for an Evil-Lyn that wasn't jaundiced. She is the spitting image of Filmation Evil-Lyn, which so many of us wanted.

So while she may not be the 200x Evil Lyn some want, she was easily my most desired unmade character along with Adora and Shadow Weaver.
    Congrats, I'm happy for you. I, however, expect more than what is essentially a repaint for the fourth time when I'm shelling out $30 for these figures; more in my case since I have multiple subs. Particularly since we were promised that when the quarterly variants were put into the sub they'd have full tooling budgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The solution should have been: don't do the figure if the improved body isn't finished in time, not repaint the old version! Slot in a different, easy to make character...like Strobo, or something.
    Bingo. Thunder Punch He-Man or BP She-Ra should have been in that slot.

It's actually sort of an insult that BP She-Ra wasn't in my opinion. She had a new buck, new head, new tooling on the wrist guards, boots, new deco, extra armor, and new weapons.

Purple Teela got an alternate head with an inaccurate haircut on top of things, and a cape.
    Last edited by Thrawn29; December 16, 2011 at 12:55pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Yep, with Thrawn on this - still burning over BGEL.

That said, I did buy her yesterday & looking forward to replacing my original EL because the pain apps are just so good. (Hopefully.)
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Two more Q&A's have gone up!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Anyone else is thinking, we will get another EL variant in Filmation colors?
    Sure. It's an easy repaint.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; December 16, 2011 at 11:51am.

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Sure. It's an easy repaint.
    LOL. I'm not sure if you're being funny or what, but I sure hope that she's not just a repaint!
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

Quote Originally Posted by Judeh Simon View Post
    LOL. I'm not sure if you're being funny or what, but I sure hope that she's not just a repaint!
    I wasn't kidding. Filmation animation shortcuts aside, isn't Filmation Evil-Lyn basically the original Lyn with lighter skin, a helmetless head and a black cape?

"Matty: It may be more that the Horsemen will now be looking at Filmation as well as an overall influence for each sculpt in their method of creating the ultimate classic version of each character. With so many characters yet to do, it is unlikely we will tackle an all new Clawful in the near future, but hey, you never know what could happen in time."

Noooooooooo!

Filmation variants please! Not a mix of styles!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

I would suggest you stop hoping then. With Purple Teela you're looking at your Filmation Evil Lyn. The interview Eric Treadway gave (on the Fwoosh?) seemed to strongly indicate that he was already planning to just repaint the Teela dress in Filmation colors and call it a day for Filmation Evil Lyn.

Eh, she's pretty different from Filmation in armor style and color.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Master of Cats Judeh Simon's Avatar
    I wasn't kidding. Filmation animation shortcuts aside, isn't Filmation Evil-Lyn basically the original Lyn with lighter skin, a helmetless head and a black cape?
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn29 View Post
    I would suggest you stop hoping then. With Purple Teela you're looking at your Filmation Evil Lyn. The interview Eric Treadway gave (on the Fwoosh?) seemed to strongly indicate that he was already planning to just repaint the Teela dress in Filmation colors and call it a day for Filmation Evil Lyn.
    You guys are depressing me. You're absolutely correct but you're still depressing me.
    My MOTUC top 10 wants (POST NYTF 2014):

Queen Angella - Hunga the Harpy - Peekablue -Mermista - Veena - Red Knight - Vultak - Dylamug - Sibyline - Kex Queen

Small creatures that need to happen: Imp - 3 main twiggets

You guys are depressing me. You're absolutely correct but you're still depressing me.
    Misery loves company.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post

Noooooooooo!

Filmation variants please! Not a mix of styles!
    Gotta agree with this, don't want the only Tung Lashor we get in the line to have yellow stretch pants and a blue t-shirt! Make him a seperate character if need be!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i would LOVE the 2000x sword in bronze for King G.!
    Yeah, that would be awesome! And I think it could be a fun/cool item even for folks who don't have the bronze figure--for display purposes, anyway.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Yeah, that would be awesome! And I think it could be a fun/cool item even for folks who don't have the bronze figure--for display purposes, anyway.
    i have the bronze figure and the way the sword is painted just makes it really pop so i think your rite it would look really cool if you did or did not have him

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    While we will include some Classic-sized version of 200X armor and weapons we won’t be doing 200X versions of figure’s heads or bodies. All the looks for MOTUC will be based on the Classic look which is a modern update on the vintage design.
    OK. So we now know that we'll NEVER get a 200x-inpired version of Clawful, Buzz-Off, Snout Spout etc. , or if we ever do, the 200x influence will be very minimal (no 200x head AGAIN, which kills a great potential for MOTUC, in my opinion).

I like the vintage look. But it would be even better if the line was not so LIMITED, and if we could get 2 looks for a figure... Somehow, Stinkor may be an exception to that "rule", but the general reluctance toward 200x comes as a big disappointment.

Oh, well ! I guess our friend TIN will be able to sculpt more custom 200x-inspired heads for the pleasure of the fans !

I really don't understand Mattel. Would it hurt them so hard to listen to their fans and to satisfy them ?

No, unlike the vintage toy, Filmation Evil-Lyn is not just a Teela repaint with a new head. She has unique details on her outfit, such as a different collar: http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...elaEvilLyn.jpg

I can totally see Mattel trying to pass off a BG EL repaint as "Filmation cartoon accurate" though.
    Last edited by RocketPunch; December 16, 2011 at 06:40pm.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    No, unlike the vintage toy, Filmation Evil-Lyn is not just a Teela repaint with a new head. She has unique details on her outfit, such as a different collar: http://media.photobucket.com/image/e...elaEvilLyn.jpg
    I don't know...I have a very sneaky suspicion that if we ever were to get Filmation Teela and Evil-Lyn, they would be straight on repaints (again) with new heads, and a black BG Evil-Lyn cape.

I'm not clamoring for Filmation variants of those two, but I'd buy them...I just don't want straight repaints of them...again.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    as much as I hate the character, one of the questions made me think - have we ever actually seen Bitners actual submission/art of the dopey Camera thing?

Im Curious!
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't they lose the original? I always assumed that's why they always revert back to the magazine vote hotline picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    as much as I hate the character, one of the questions made me think - have we ever actually seen Bitners actual submission/art of the dopey Camera thing?

Im Curious!

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    OK. So we now know that we'll NEVER get a 200x-inpired version of Clawful, Buzz-Off, Snout Spout etc. , or if we ever do, the 200x influence will be very minimal (no 200x head AGAIN, which kills a great potential for MOTUC, in my opinion).

I like the vintage look. But it would be even better if the line was not so LIMITED, and if we could get 2 looks for a figure... Somehow, Stinkor may be an exception to that "rule", but the general reluctance toward 200x comes as a big disappointment.

Oh, well ! I guess our friend TIN will be able to sculpt more custom 200x-inspired heads for the pleasure of the fans !

I really don't understand Mattel. Would it hurt them so hard to listen to their fans and to satisfy them ?
    If MOTUC gets in trouble (i.e., they run out of vintage characters or subs get really low), I think they'll unretire those 200X heads. Toyguru said a year ago that they were saving those heads for refreshes.

If MOTUC gets in trouble (i.e., they run out of vintage characters or subs get really low), I think they'll unretire those 200X heads. Toyguru said a year ago that they were saving those heads for refreshes.
    i hope you are rite about that!

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041