201. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dragstor

130 64.68%
  • Blast-Attak

71 35.32%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dragstor or Blast-Attak?

Dragstor or Blast-Attak?

Which of these two characters would you like to see get the MOTUC treatment first?

BLAST ATTAK!

One of my favorite vintage figures. Mattel have to do him right. He has to split in half (doesn't need to be a mechanical action feature, just pull him apart by hand) and each leg able to support his weight, as per vintage figure.

And no cheaping out Mattel - we don't want re-used parts. The vintage toy was 100% original arms and legs and so must MOTUC Blast Attak.

Bring on this menace!

I love both characters!Small advantage for Blast-attak

Although I really like both, Dragstor gets my vote.

Blast Attack for sure.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Tough call. Two guys that came quite a bit later in the line, I actually remember wanting and getting them more than most because of that.

After thinking about it, I had to go with Dragstor. I think the MOTUC style will make him awesome and I'm not sure what can be done with Blast Attak since his action feature made him.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Blast attack of course!! But i love also Dragstor!!

They are both very awesome but i'd have to say Dragstor but only by a hair

I'll go Dragstor, cause I had him. My friend Wayne had blast attack and never let me play with him.

Blast attack would be cool if rather than splitting in half he had removable arms, head and legs. I've always loved the goofiness of this kamikaze character who just runs into the middle of a battle and blows himself up lol.
    Last edited by Rodster6; December 11, 2012 at 02:31pm.

The Cerebral Assassin hhhelmsley's Avatar
    Eventually both.

Dragstor would be my first choice. I still have my original, and he is such a fun figure to mess around with. I don't care if he doesn't come with a zipcord, but he definitely needs a spinning wheel.

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    I LOVED dragstor as a kid. I had Blast Attak too, but Dragstor definitely gets my vote.

Dragstor had a cool origin so he gets my vote

Definitely Dragstor!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I dunno. Neither in it's original form is overly appealing got me (sorry not trying to start a fight just being honest) but maybe they'd be cool as MOTUC? I guess if I had to choose I'd go with Blast-Attak

I don't like both the way they are.

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    BLAST ATTAKK!

I like them both, but Blast Attakk just seems to have a much cooler design, imho. And his power is unusual and cool as well! He's an indestructible Suicide Bomber! Muse be made up out of some kind of unstable molecules or something.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Dragstor because I like his design and color scheme better than Blast Attak's. But I would still want them both.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Wow! Close poll. I thought Blast Attak would really blow Dragstor out of the water Need some more Blast Attak love guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Dragstor would be my first choice. I still have my original, and he is such a fun figure to mess around with. I don't care if he doesn't come with a zipcord, but he definitely needs a spinning wheel.
    Given how the 4H have paid homage to vintage Orko's ripcord into the design of MOTUC Orko's wand (just as they also reimagined She-Ra's comb into a cool axe) I believe we will see some accessory with Dragstor as a placeholder for the vintage zipcord. But what?

The best lame idea I can come up with is a serated saw blade weapon which Dragstor uses to slash people as he zooms past them, possibly attached to his forearm (like Tracer from DC's villain group the Extremists, for want of an example)!

Eternian Historian of Art Lex_Alfa's Avatar
    Love Dragstore, one of my favourites from the original line! Love that guy... motor-thing
    Behold the gaseous stench of Skeletor's breakfast burrito!
    Robot Chicken dixit

I had "outgrown" the line by the time these 2 characters were released, but Dragstor is pretty cool for a late-in-the-line toy. I'd have loved him when I was younger.

Definitely Dragstor!!!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I want both, but voted for Dragstor. They were great toys in the eighties.

I firmly believe we will get a nod to each's feature in MOTUC, with BA being able to bepulled apart and Dragstor having a free-rolling wheel. Mattel hasn't really cheaped out on us in any major way such as that yet.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Blast Attak. I loved his rowdy-ass cyborg persona from the first time I've ever seen him in STAR Comics. I couldn't wait to get him because of it. A pity he's a totally different character in the mini-comics...

STAR Comics had Blast-Attak as one of Skeletor's Evil Warriors. He was a cyborg who could split in two and each half could operate independently.

The mini-comics had Blast Attak as an exploding robot that served the Snake Men.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; May 12, 2010 at 08:51pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Blast Attak. I loved his rowdy-ass cyborg persona from the first time I've ever seen him in STAR Comics. I couldn't wait to get him because of it. A pity he's a totally different character in the mini-comics...
    I'm with ya 100% on this. I loved that Star Comic because of Blast Attak! When I later got the mini-comic I was sooo disappointed.

When Mattel give Blast Attak the MOTUC treatment, I hope they scrap any reference to the Snake Men and make him a proud, cocky bounty-hunter type character.