Thread: Founding fathers figure line

Heroic Warrior

Founding fathers figure line

When many of people have said have the original creators create figures for the 30th anniversary line.

I always thought that's a good idea, i never thought of that and there's got to be a way to do that.

Then after hearing it repeated on Gooble 68 I thought you can.

You turn it into a special event slash tribute to the founding fathers of the He-Man mythos.

In 2013 call it the Founding Fathers Line. make it a (say) 6 figure mini sub.

Heroic Warrior
    I'd buy that.

Heroic Warrior
    I like the concept. I would be in.

I love the idea, but if subscriptions continue to dwindle I'd much rather have any add-on line contain characters we are already familiar with and desperately want before the line ends. If we never end up with Scorpia, Glimmer, Ram Man, but we have figures of Spector and Photog on our shelves I'm going to feel the line was (like the others) incomplete.

Of course I'd still buy a Founding Fathers Line because that would be pretty cool!

Nifty idea; count me in.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mk476 View Post
    I love the idea, but if subscriptions continue to dwindle I'd much rather have any add-on line contain characters we are already familiar with and desperately want before the line ends. If we never end up with Scorpia, Glimmer, Ram Man, but we have figures of Spector and Photog on our shelves I'm going to feel the line was (like the others) incomplete.

Of course I'd still buy a Founding Fathers Line because that would be pretty cool!
    Exactly my thoughts.

Cool Idea!

But just to be sure we're all in the same page, who do you consider as MOTUC's Founding Fathers? So we have Roger Sweet and Mark Taylor right? Would Lou Scheimer be in that list as well (due to Filmation contributions)?

I'm still waiting for my Power and Honor Catalog to arrive, so I still have a vague idea of who's who behind MOTU.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashtoys View Post
    Cool Idea!

But just to be sure we're all in the same page, who do you consider as MOTUC's Founding Fathers? So we have Roger Sweet and Mark Taylor right? Would Lou Scheimer be in that list as well (due to Filmation contributions)?

I'm still waiting for my Power and Honor Catalog to arrive, so I still have a vague idea of who's who behind MOTU.
    I'm not good at who did what. There are far better people to give you a history lesson than me.

it is a good idea, but seeing as TG was shot down on that idea by 'upper management', i doubt anything will change soon; but i'd sign up for that sub if it ever gets done.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    it is a good idea, but seeing as TG was shot down on that idea by 'upper management', i doubt anything will change soon; but i'd sign up for that sub if it ever gets done.

Whooops! Forgot about that.

Soft.Delicious.Nutritious Matt79's Avatar
    I'd love that. That's what should have been done to the 30th anniversary figures. IMO.

I'll take a Roger Sweet Collection.

That is a brilliant idea Mi-Dor!
    10-15-2011 1:30pm Eastern
    The MOTUC line and all its fans were taken for the ass

Let us never forget.

While this sounds cool, personally I'd prefer Mattel find a way to put out figures based off the concept scetches featured in the Tomart magazine.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Warrior Horde Trooper 84's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    When many of people have said have the original creators create figures for the 30th anniversary line.

I always thought that's a good idea, i never thought of that and there's got to be a way to do that.

Then after hearing it repeated on Gooble 68 I thought you can.

You turn it into a special event slash tribute to the founding fathers of the He-Man mythos.

In 2013 call it the Founding Fathers Line. make it a (say) 6 figure mini sub.
    Yeah I heard it on Gooble too. Such a better idea than what we ended up with.