Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Results for the 2011 He-Man.org Official Figure Fan Choice!

Results for the 2011 He-Man.org Official Figure Fan Choice!

The results are in!
    2,082 votes were placed to determine He-Man.org's submission to Mattel official subscriber poll to determine a monthly MOTUC slot in 2013.

Illumina was the official He-Man.org winner!

Also, are you curious what the results would have been like if you only had 1 choice? Then please head over the the poll subsection of the Org forums and vote in the fan poll that does just that! Please do it today!

The German fan community selected Geldor as their entry into the poll. So both Illumina and Geldor will make up 2 of the 8 choices provided by Mattel.
    Who will the other 6 obscure character candidates be as chosen by Mattel?
    When will the Club Eternia subscriber poll take place?
    How do Club Eternia subscribers actually vote?
    We'll post those details when they become available next year!

So how did all 18 figures rank in our poll? Here are the final voting results:

24,763 points: Illumina
    24,554 points: Huntara
    24,261 points: Hawke
    24,192 points: Crimson Fury
    23,929 points: Geldor
    23,546 points: Delora
    23,509 points: Demon, Green, Mask of Power
    23,281 points: General Sunder
    22,278 points: Demon, Red, Mask of Power
    22,179 points: Garn
    18,232 points: Ileena
    18,013 points: King Hiss' slave girl
    17,543 points: Skelcons
    15,967 points: Kamo Khan
    14,718 points: Scrollos
    14,713 points: Strobo
    12,905 points: Josh
    7,439 points: Yellow Warrior in tug of war

Each voter arranged the figures from most favorite to least favorite. Selections were assigned a point value, with the top choice receiving 18 points and the bottom choice receiving 1 point.

As you can see, Illumina and Huntara were pretty close.

Huntara is considered by many fans to be an Obvious List figure and were surprised she was even in the poll (see the info on the poll to see what we mean by Obvious List). She was also noted by Scott Neitlich as a Filmation character option for a potential figure. But we couldn't verify if she is or isn't in the works for release in the next couple of years. It's quite possible Huntara may already be under serious consideration by Mattel. Time will tell!

Hawke was the next contender, even holding the #2 position for quite a while. With her appearance in both the Filmation and MYP cartoon, she has a history that spans two incarnations of MOTU.

Crimson Fury grabbing the #4 slot was a bit of a surprise. Fans have speculated his ranking on the poll may have been due to his default position at the top of the list. A percentage of voters may not have thoroughly sorted the entire list, pushing Crimson Fury to the top as a matter of circumstance. If you look at the placement of some of the other characters by alphabetical sequence, this may in fact be true. But then again, fans may just love Crimson Fury!

At the bottom of the poll was the Yellow Warrior. Given the considerable difference in points between this character and Josh directly above him, it's safe to say the Yellow Warrior is not demanded at all. Some fans wonder why he even made the list at all. But if you go back and look at the original poll info and take into account all the figures ahead of him that were bumped due to tooling restrictions and other factors, you can see how he made it into the voting. We wouldn't expect a Yellow Warrior figure any time soon.

Thank you to everyone who voted! We'll be passing the results to Mattel today.
    And fans have also made today Illumina Day to celebrate the character! Click here to find out how you can participate.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Woo! Illumina wins!!

Although I must say, I'm a bit sad to see Strobo and Scrollos so low in the rankings.

Still, I'm happy Illumina won!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Booo... I want Delora! It will be interesting to see who Mattel's other 6 choices will be.

Woo hoo! Score one for blue chicks!

Sallah

Looking at this list makes me really afraid of all the money I am going to have to throw away on obscure figures that mean virtually nothing in the great scheme of things. If I don't see a Ram-Man figure soon, I am out. This money making scheme of Mattel's has gone on long enough.

It's a bummer for me that the Skelcon(s) didn't fare better. But along with Illumina winning (thumbs up!), I'm glad that Hawke and Delora got so many votes.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Congrats. I wanted Huntara... if it was only between Illumina and Geldor, I would go for Illumina though.

Rubicon:

It seems like we'd get Ram Man sooner than later if you ask me. He's one that would definitely sell.

After all, if we get the Wind Raider which can't really be repurposed, a fan favorite like Ram Man seems just as possible.

Happy for the Illumina crowd (enjoy your blue Teela )

Glad the Germans got Geldor in (though he's hardly obscure).
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

It certianly was close and Huntara defo gave Illumina a run for first place. Regardless of who she ends up against in Mattel's official poll, and even if she dosen't win the next round, the point that fans wanted to make has been achieved (both here and with the German vote). Scott I gues its very safe to say that the "Ice Cream Maker of MOTUC" .... a title you gave Illumina over a year or so ago.... is indeed wanted in the line!
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 15, 2011 at 10:58am.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Nice! Congrats to the Illumina supporters!

The rest of the poll is a bit of a surprise. Personally, I had both masks higher. I wonder how much of an effect the "I'm only setting my top 3-5" people had on the lower section of the list.

Nevertheless, it's nice that the .Org had a voice. Now get out there and vote Illumina, Subscribers!
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

YAY Illumina! I hope she ends up winning the fan choice poll. Then Toy Gurur won't ever have to be hounded about her ever again...only Sleetah.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I'm wondering how the fan-choice figure will be distributed in the line... will it be part of the monthly subscription? An outside-the-sub type of deal? Or the SDCC exclusive for 2013?

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    After all, if we get the Wind Raider which can't really be repurposed...
    Mattel will find a way. Behold- Battleground Enchanta!

Sallah

Heroic Warrior
    Congratulations to all you Illumina fans. You are now one step closer to your figure.

Personally I knew she would win.

As for the other figures I don't think is necessarily the end for them.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Looking at this list makes me really afraid of all the money I am going to have to throw away on obscure figures that mean virtually nothing in the great scheme of things. If I don't see a Ram-Man figure soon, I am out. This money making scheme of Mattel's has gone on long enough.
    Don't worry. Now that Illumina won and will be one of the eight in the main poll, expect Ram Man to be one of Mattel's six choices.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    the Wind Raider which can't really be repurposed
    I wouldn't be surprised if they at least considered replacing some parts to turn it into the Water Raider. :-/

"Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Mattel will find a way. Behold- Battleground Enchanta!
    I... I... ...want that.

Congratulations to Illumina! (Now comes the hard part...)
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: Spinnerella, Angella, Mermista, Perfuma, Peekablue, Kayo, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Warrior
    Cool, I like Illumina and I definatly buy one as a figure!

Wonderful news !!!

I wish the Masks of Power orcs had ended a bit higher, though
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Well she certainly would make a BADA$$ figure thats for sure. Congrats Illumina fans
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Wonderful news !!!

I wish the Masks of Power orcs had ended a bit higher, though
    They're definatly on the table! They are easy to produce and are fan demanded. Perfect for a 2-pack.

awesome! that's such great news! illumina was my number one pick and geldor was the second. i can't wait to see what the horsemen do with them!
    Check out my MOTUC stop motion animations @
    www.youtube.com/toyhousefeatures

Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    I'm wondering how the fan-choice figure will be distributed in the line... will it be part of the monthly subscription? An outside-the-sub type of deal? Or the SDCC exclusive for 2013?
    TG said that the fan choice figure would be released as a monthly figure - so all the subscribers would get it - meaning, like Star Sisters, whichever figure it was (say, Illumina), they would already fill their quota with the Subscribers and any day-of sales would be extra.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Yay Illumina!
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue