Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Results for the 2011 He-Man.org Official Figure Fan Choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Happy for the Illumina crowd (enjoy your blue Teela )
    Pretty much!

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Im sure a lot of people didnīt vote Strobos, because is an easy variant slot, very easy to Mattel in order to do it. It have all the parts already done!

Scrollos is maybe very very dark, but I want a figure of HIM!!!

Now we need a BEAST FAN POLL, we want Sleetah!!!

And this kind of polls, must be a tradition. I want a 2013 OBSCURE FAN CHARACTER POLL.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GRANAT View Post
    Am i the only one who doesn't think Illumina needed to be voted in? Mattel knows we want her, we should have voted for someone less likely to get a figure (ie; Skelcons).
    I don't think that at all. Mattel keeps telling us we DON'T want her and only 200 people do. They even had her bio pulled from the Fan-Vote character descriptions (because it wasn't official MOTUC cannon). No one else got their bio pulled even though there are multiple versions of some characters...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    I was drawn to the character because she looks so cool & mysterious. I wanted a figure of her long before I knew who created her, and before her bio was revealed.

By the way, if you're referring to the art from the MVCreations comic, that piece was drawn by Enza Fontana, not Emiliano.

Thanks for catching that. I just assumed that since he was responsible for so much of the art in the Image/MVCreations comics, that the Illumina art was his. I had forgotten that there were a few artists (including Enza Fontana - I think Val Staples did the art on one or two at the end, too) in the final comic run.

I still stick by my contention, though, that he could make just about any character look awesome (and, in fairness, Enzo probably could make 'em look almost as good).

Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    I think Val Staples did the art on one or two at the end, too
    Heck no. I can't draw!
    I just wrote and colored, and of course published the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Heck no. I can't draw!
    thats ALL you did? your so lazy Val

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    thats ALL you did? your so lazy Val
    I know.
    It's probably Penny Dreadful's fault.

Very happy with the winner, most appropriate.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Warrior
    Heck no. I can't draw!
    I knew you wrote 'em, but for some reason, I thought you did the art on one or two when the last series was winding down, too. I wonder what comic series/writer/artist I'm thinking of?

Clearly, I've got to dig out my old comics and refresh my recollection. That isn't a bad idea for a Christmas vacation project, either...

Shocking results.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I know.
    Yeah, that's most likely true. *shakes head* That Penny...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by The Hultquist View Post
    Thanks for catching that. I just assumed that since he was responsible for so much of the art in the Image/MVCreations comics, that the Illumina art was his. I had forgotten that there were a few artists (including Enza Fontana - I think Val Staples did the art on one or two at the end, too) in the final comic run.

I still stick by my contention, though, that he could make just about any character look awesome (and, in fairness, Enzo probably could make 'em look almost as good).
    Up until only recently I thought it was Emiliano's art too. Their styles really do complement each other well.

And I agree, that they are both capable of making any character look amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't think that at all. Mattel keeps telling us we DON'T want her and only 200 people do. They even had her bio pulled from the Fan-Vote character descriptions (because it wasn't official MOTUC cannon). No one else got their bio pulled even though there are multiple versions of some characters...
    I had no idea, thanks for clearing this up!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemotoggy View Post
    I think the vote should be geared more towards subscribers, although I have no faith in Mattycollector being able to pull it off.
    Well they did let everyone vote on the Subscription Exclusive figure for the DCUC Club Infinite Earths sub??? Why would you allow people who are not even getting the sub the opportunity to vote on figure they won't be getting???

This figure will be available to all, but anyway they want to do this is fine with me BigBadToyStore (or some other retailer) will hold the most votes if you're allowed 1 vote per sub.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I know.
    It's true. I drain others of their work ethic so that I can get my own things done.

Make Prahvus please!! marndt8448's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yDnVKnYkca...ncekickjpg.jpg

Mattel makes WWE figures. Who's to say that it doesn't have some influence? LOL!
    You sould add a little Matty crown on the top of Vince's head and place a MOTUC figure in Brett's hand & that pic would be perfect.

Geldor gets another chance!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I think the real question now is going to be this: How firm are we going to stand in support of Illumina if (well, when is probably a better word) Mattel puts her up against Ram Man, Spikor, or other such big names? I personally would like to think that I'll stick to my guns and vote Illumina over any other character that will definitely get made at some point. I'll just need support from you guys if there are any POP ladies on the list (especially Mermista).
    Personally, I'd fold like a house of cards.

Illumina is 'interesting'.... but if 'Fan Choice' = 'Standard monthly figure'... I'm voting Ram Man!!

I have this horrible feeling he'll be subscription only otherwise

Of course... keep in mind, I THINK Mattel will hold to th e'50% parts reuse rule when they add their characters to the poll....

otherwise, why bother putting that on us? I would have MUCH rather had "Grayskull Robot"

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Happy for the Illumina crowd (enjoy your blue Teela )
    It will look good next to the green one (if you can find an unbroken one).

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly, my reasoning as well.

Quote Originally Posted by skeletom View Post
    I'm pleased that Illumina won, though there were others on the list I'd love to see as figures as well.

I've noticed a lot of people wanting to know why so many are so pro-Illumina. Personally, I was stoked about her design ever since I saw it in the comic. I could honestly care less about anything that has been said about her by Mattel reps. I don't just want to see her in figure form because we've been told it's not likely. I just think she's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword2Blanket View Post
    I think the real question now is going to be this: How firm are we going to stand in support of Illumina if (well, when is probably a better word) Mattel puts her up against Ram Man, Spikor, or other such big names? I personally would like to think that I'll stick to my guns and vote Illumina over any other character that will definitely get made at some point. I'll just need support from you guys if there are any POP ladies on the list (especially Mermista).
    I have a question for you the Illumina supporters, who do you guys think would be a fair competition? I would agree any character who's ever had a figure in any of the original line Ram Man, Spikor, wouldn't be fair.

But I think any character who's never had a figure in the line would be fair. (Only exception to this would be Scorpia)

Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Octavia
    Batros
    Lizardman
    Strongarm

would all be fair game in my opinion.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    I have a question for you the Illumina supporters, who do you guys think would be a fair competition? I would agree any character who's ever had a figure in any of the original line Ram Man, Spikor, wouldn't be fair.

But I think any character who's never had a figure in the line would be fair. (Only exception to this would be Scorpia)

Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Octavia
    Batros
    Lizardman
    Strongarm

True.

I was kind of amazed at how people cried out that characters like Batros and Huntara were 'not obscure'

Anyone who only had one or two appearances in any media... are obscure.

I really hope for the sake of those wanting Illumina that you guys can really up her presence at SDCC. We know how those polls tend to go, but this one may be watched closely and I have a sinking feeling the general subscriber may not know who she is. Educate the masses!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Octavia
    Batros
    Lizardman
    Strongarm

- Shokoti and Lord Masque are part of the most memorable Filmation two-parter.
    - Octavia is also in two, very memorable episodes of the She-Ra series (fighting Sea Hawk, captaining a ship with Hordak...she has her own Horde Troopers) and is based on a MOTU concept character "Octopus Woman"
    - Lizardman: the only "Heroic Master" that does not have an action figure. He was in 2 episodes (more if you count when he changed colours)
    - Strongarm: one of the only "Evil Warriors" that never got a figure. Only one appearance, but people have been talking about him all the time, for very many years (just like Fangman and Icer).

In my honest opinion, even though Batros is still a heavily desired figure...he's probably the only one from that list that I would see as a fair character to be on the fan poll. He's an independent villain, 1 episode...works for me.

It's just my opinion. I will have to think up a list of 6 characters that I think would be fair competition and not like...Scorpia.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 16, 2011 at 05:00am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Shokoti
    Lord Masque
    Octavia
    Batros
    Lizardman
    Strongarm

I'll tell you why none of those characters would be fair competition: because Mattel already have plans to do them. Putting them in the poll would be like "let's fans decide who of those already planned characters are going to be released first"
    Fair, if the poll wasn't originally presented to us as a chance to do a character that WASN'T on Mattel's plan
    (and Illumina, definitely wasn't)