Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Results for the 2011 He-Man.org Official Figure Fan Choice!

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'll tell you why none of those characters would be fair competition: because Mattel already have plans to do them. Putting them in the poll would be like "let's fans decide who of those already planned characters are going to be released first"
    Fair, if the poll wasn't originally presented to us as a chance to do a character that WASN'T on Mattel's plan
    (and Illumina, definitely wasn't)
    Well that's why I am asking Illumina supporters WHO would be fair?

Is this an obscure "ice cream maker poll" or a who do you want in your 2013 sub poll? Like DCUC I'm taking it as who do you want to come out first.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Who the heck IS Illumina? How did she get so much fan support if she's never appeared in a comic or show or anything?

Enlighten me. I'm bitter about Sunder's final ranking. Veeeery bitter. And beginning to stare sideways at Illumina fans, and their non-canon character.

That's right, I said it.

Well you must be the bravest there is in all the land!
    Last edited by Mern-Ra; December 16, 2011 at 03:58am.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I guess it's possible Mattel would include characters from either the Org poll or the German poll - so we could be seeing Hawke, Huntara and the Crimson Fury again!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    I guess it's possible Mattel would include characters from either the Org poll or the German poll - so we could be seeing Hawke, Huntara and the Crimson Fury again!
    If Mattel picks Crimson Fury to put on the poll, I will be very surprised! I hope it wouldn't be his only chance to get made, though...
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Well that's why I am asking Illumina supporters WHO would be fair?

Is this an obscure "ice cream maker poll" or a who do you want in your 2013 sub poll? Like DCUC I'm taking it as who do you want to come out first.
    The Yellow Warrior from the tug of war is way more akin to Willrow Hood.
    I can't think of a good Illumina comparison to Star Wars. Maybe one of the bounty hunters from the lineup in Empire.

Boba Fett.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    I can't think of a good Illumina comparison to Star Wars. Maybe one of the bounty hunters from the lineup in Empire.
    Would Mon Mothma be a good example?
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Angel-T View Post
    German vote). Scott I gues its very safe to say that the "Ice Cream Maker of MOTUC" .... a title you gave Illumina over a year or so ago.... is indeed wanted in the line!
    I hope they put the Ice cream maker part in her bio! She should come with ice cream like Wun-Dar came with bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post
    Mattel will find a way. Behold- Battleground Enchanta!
    That'd be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whiplash7 View Post
    Hawke got screwed.
    She didn't mean to, but sometimes a girl makes bad choices after a few drinks...

Speaking of bad choices, I wonder how likely it is that Illumina will end up in a repaint of Teela's dress?
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

I'm glad Illumina won, but disappointed with how low Scollos and Skelcons are, they were my top two choices, but am glad Scrollos at least managed to just slip above Strobo. Really glad Crimson Fury is so high as well but wish Hawke had got the number two spot, I'd much prefer a figure of her then Huntara.
    I think the best way to do the demons would be in a two pack and I hope we get their mini forms with them as well seeing as they don't have any accessory's.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I'm so happy, as both Geldor and Illumina will be in the contest!

Plus go Crimson Fury! What a great day for comic characters!
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Well done to Illumina and everyone who supported her.

I hope she gets made as well as most of the other figures on the list - the top5 at least.

I for one want to thank everyone who made the poll , and Mattel for at least giving us the Illusion of free choice.

We will have to wait to see how this plays out.

As an Illumina Supporter , I am very excited. I know some of you are disappointed with how your choice fared. I just hope that Mattel will take this list and try to make them all , so everyone can get what they want.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubicon View Post
    Looking at this list makes me really afraid of all the money I am going to have to throw away on obscure figures that mean virtually nothing in the great scheme of things. If I don't see a Ram-Man figure soon, I am out. This money making scheme of Mattel's has gone on long enough.
    Ditto, If the 2013 line up is purely this lot.....Count me out!

If its a seperate '30th Style' sub then cool...I wont get it, but good for those who want C listers!

ka
    Dear Mattel, Please remember you are one of the biggest toy companies on the planet, So hows about making toys people want and NOT Excuses.

THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Let's not go overboard...

She's probably an Ewok. Oh I don't know...like the one on the right...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

YES! YES! YES! Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Close but no cigar...

What I mean by much, much worse is seeing countless threads about how the figure "should be made" and if it gets made "how they screwed up" and then "Where's her Cat?" threads...

And if it doesn't get made, the inevitable "Conspiracy against the site" threads...

I'd hate to see this section of the forum full of that kind of stuff...
    Now go back under the bridge!
    Thanks!!
    Have you ever even been to any other threads on this site?

Plenty of characters have support threads. Lots of people aren't thrilled about how different aspects of their favorite figure turned out, and voice it here. And considering Illumina was the only character created by the head honchos here at He-Man.org, I doubt there will be a ton of "conspiracy against the site" threads.
    Sadly, you can't divorce emotion from a toyline built on nostalgia.

Got Man-E-Faces, give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    She'd be closest, methinks, to one of the Expanded Universe characters from Star Wars, like the Jedi Quinlan Voss (I think that's him) who was only in the comics until a recent appearance in the Clone Wars show. Hasbro has made loads of those characters over the years, so there's your precedent for someone like Illumina in the MOTUC line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Wonderful news !!!

I wish the Masks of Power orcs had ended a bit higher, though

I agree with you yet once again, Crusader. Allthough I thought the MoP Orcs would actually be ending lower. I'm in fact excited to see that they still got quite some votes. I tell you my friend, one day, will be cracking a bottle while opening the mailer boxes containing the MoP Orcs two pack!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Killian View Post
    Speaking of bad choices, I wonder how likely it is that Illumina will end up in a repaint of Teela's dress?
    You know it's coming.....
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

So are we going to get Illumina now or will she be in a list to choose from again !?!

She will now get on the final list to choose from.

Quote Originally Posted by Eterniandreams View Post
    So are we going to get Illumina now or will she be in a list to choose from again !?!
    A list to choose from again. Didn't think this was that easy, did you? I hurt because I want both Illumina and Geldor. Actually the only figures I actually don't want from the list was the Warrior in Yellow and Camo Kahn, but those two semi-finalists are at the top of my want list so I'm going to lose out no matter what the final vote is.

She's Aura Singh.

May she likewise get a figure soon.

I like that.
    Aurra Sing was from the later Prequel movies, Illumina was from the later 200x.
    Aurra Sing only had a brief appearance in the Prequels, Illumina only had a brief appearance in the 200x comic.
    Both were liked for their visuals, both are females, and both peaked interest from creators (the 4H like Illumina) and fans and was expanded upon later.

Illumina is just lacking in the expanded upon area in terms of being included in new MOTU material. But still, a good comparison. Nice one, gbagok!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    A list to choose from again. Didn't think this was that easy, did you? I hurt because I want both Illumina and Geldor. Actually the only figures I actually don't want from the list was the Warrior in Yellow and Camo Kahn, but those two semi-finalists are at the top of my want list so I'm going to lose out no matter what the final vote is.

She's Aura Singh.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...a_sing_ep1.jpg
    Wow! this is a nice shot of her

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    She's Aura Singh.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...a_sing_ep1.jpg
    I like that.
    Aurra Sing was from the later Prequel movies, Illumina was from the later 200x.
    Aurra Sing only had a brief appearance in the Prequels, Illumina only had a brief appearance in the 200x comic.
    Both were liked for their visuals, both are females, and both peaked interest from creators (the 4H like Illumina) and fans and was expanded upon later.

Illumina is just lacking in the expanded upon area in terms of being included in new MOTU material. But still, a good comparison. Nice one, gbagok!
    Oh, yes...that's a very good comparison! Illumina is Aurra Sing!

The Illumina - Aura Singh connection is a good one: very brief appearances (blink and you miss them), cool designs, and fervent followings.