Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 205

Thread: Results for the 2011 He-Man.org Official Figure Fan Choice!

  1. #151
    Johan Eggink Eterniandreams's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    4,607
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    A list to choose from again. Didn't think this was that easy, did you? I hurt because I want both Illumina and Geldor.
    I ampretty sure will get Geldor anyway.
    The choice is more; Do you want Illumina in Motuc or do you wnt Geldor early?

    I guess I will wait painting a Panthor white for now

  2. #152
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,498
    This is how the voting went down for the TOP 10:



    The poll shows the average points attributed to each character over time (in the end Illumina got 11.9, Huntara 11.8, Hawke 11.7, Crimson Fury 11.6 and Geldor 11.5 points - pretty damn close).

  3. #153
    Heroic Warrior Blaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    The Yellow Warrior from the tug of war is way more akin to Willrow Hood.
    I can't think of a good Illumina comparison to Star Wars. Maybe one of the bounty hunters from the lineup in Empire.

    Aurra Sing comes to mind.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

  4. #154
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    I voted on the 1's that I wanted for tops but some I got in the right place and others made it from my lower list to upper list.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

  5. #155
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,601
    Fun with Math!!

    So I broke down the votes to see how many people actually voted per character. The total points allotted per vote are 171, so dividing total points by 171 I got a percentage and I rounded that number up or down and you get the idea.



    So Congratulations to those 145 ish that voted for Illumina. I, myself am a Huntara supporter. I love her, smoker's voice and all
    Last edited by Caesar; December 16, 2011 at 07:46pm.

  6. #156
    Rainbow Warrior Irian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,498
    And this is how the average points attributed to the rest of the characters changed over time:


  7. #157
    Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    616
    I wish Strobo had won

  8. #158
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,981
    Cool. Thanks for posting the chart of the results, Irian and Caesar

    Also, I have a question! Are we going to get an image showcasing the .org Fan Vote winner?

    The German sites made them for Geldor!



    Last edited by Darkspecter; December 16, 2011 at 08:34pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  9. #159
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Fun with Math!!
    That math doesn't work. No offense. Each character got 2,082 votes.
    If we had limited voting to one selection, there's no telling how it would have played out.

  10. #160
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    That math doesn't work. No offense. Each character got 2,082 votes.
    If we had limited voting to one selection, there's no telling how it would have played out.
    Then I am a bit confused regarding the point system. Each vote was broken down into 18 pt for highest to 1 pt being the lowest? Therefore giving each voter 171 points. Is this not correct?

  11. #161
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,613
    That is correct, my good man! Each voter had 171 points to spread across the list of 18 characters.
    The total number of points was 356,022

    So 356,022 divided by 171 is 2082 votes.

    But, there's no way to mathematically split that into individual votes per character in an accurate way. This was a poll of averages.

    As a madeup example, let's say you and I were options in the poll.
    If half the people loved JVS3 and ranked me as #18 (the top) and half hated JVS3 and made me #1 (the bottom), but everyone placed Caesar at #14 (fourth place), Casear would have won because he was the most consistently preferred on average.

    The poll was designed to best reflect the most consistently favored character as opposed to being limited to one tough choice. Had the poll been done that way, the results could have been different.
    But if you check out the results of the fan poll thus far where you can only vote for one character on the forum, things are proving out.

  12. #162
    Diabolical Strategist Caesar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,601
    Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

    The poll was designed to best reflect the most consistently favored character as opposed to being limited to one tough choice. Had the poll been done that way, the results could have been different.
    But if you check out the results of the fan poll thus far where you can only vote for one character on the forum, things are proving out.
    ok gotcha

    For the record Val, I'd vote for you at the top of that list

  13. #163
    Color'licious! JVS3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    29,613
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    For the record Val, I'd vote for you at the top of that list
    My bribes are working! MWA HA HA HA!

    Thanks, Caesar.

  14. #164
    Heroic Warrior bamf1980's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jerusalem, Israel
    Posts
    2,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Cool. Thanks for posting the chart of the results, Irian and Caesar

    Also, I have a question! Are we going to get an image showcasing the .org Fan Vote winner?

    The German sites made them for Geldor!

    Follow-Up Question:

    Can we get a piece of ORIGINAL artwork? Pleaaaaassseeee?!?!?!?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

  15. #165
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    She's a political figure.

    While there were fans of the Illumina artwork before all of this controversy, Mattel didn't want to make her. The various excuses are either: Illumina is really obscure, Mattel didn't like her storyline or Mattel only wanted to honor the work of CURRENT Mattel employees, not past employees who have contributed to MOTU. This backfired as the fans didn't like Mattel flat out refusing to make characters. Over time, Illumina's status as a possible figure has softened to "we'll make her, but not right now" to "we'll make her if you can get 5000 signatures" to this poll.

    That is why Illumina is so popular.

    If I got it messed up, please correct me. In the meantime, here's info on Illumina. I'll have to update the entries to get every post on her, but it's a start.
    Thank you so much for actually posting links instead of going "OMG USE TEH SEARCH" ... and from everything said, and from the links you posted this is the general gist of things.

    I want Illumina because: the few pictures of her that exist are pretty! and i think she looks cool!

    or

    I want her to prove a point to mattel!

    or both, plus, I like kitties!

    The mass motivation to get this character to prove some inane point, or because she looks cool is not surprising but very disappointing. I am glad the german fans got it right in picking a character long over due for a figure, instead of a new one, with no comic or cartoon appearances.

    Please tell me I got it wrong .... but I really dont think I have.

    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    You've been a member since 2002, and have access to a search function- and you still don't get Illumina's importance? ...
    When you reply, you post your reply AFTER the quote, it's confusing as heck when you don't. And you're telling me I dont know how to use the forums? .... .... But you are right, I didnt use the search function, and I should have. How about instead of JUST telling me to use it, you go the distance for the character you want to defend, and give me and all of the people that quoted me and agreed with me, an insight into why you want illumina? constructive criticism not destructive.

    I have a feeling I know why you want HER though. I think SHE and you have a lot of things in common.
    Last edited by Stickfa; December 17, 2011 at 02:32am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

  16. #166
    Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    14,981
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Thank you so much for actually posting links instead of going "OMG USE TEH SEARCH" ... and from everything said, and from the links you posted this is the general gist of things.

    I want Illumina because: the few pictures of her that exist are pretty! and i think she looks cool!

    or

    I want her to prove a point to mattel!

    or both, plus, I like kitties!

    The mass motivation to get this character to prove some inane point, or because she looks cool is not surprising but very disappointing. I am glad the german fans got it right in picking a character long over due for a figure, instead of a new one, with no comic or cartoon appearances.

    Please tell me I got it wrong .... but I really dont think I have.
    The German fans voted Illumina 2nd place (26 votes behind Geldor). You forgot another important reason people also like her: they think her planned story line for MVC sounds incredible. Fierce warrior, cold exterior, shady past (she was bad), tasked with keeping the secrets of Grayskull as part of a secret society, training Man-At-Arms and Duncan, getting trapped behind the Mystic Wall on the Dark Hemisphere for 16 years or so (the evil half of Eternia). Then, returning and fighting alongside the other heroes again.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

    http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

    You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

    https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

  17. #167
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The German fans voted Illumina 2nd place (26 votes behind Geldor). You forgot another important reason people also like her: they think her planned story line for MVC sounds incredible. Fierce warrior, cold exterior, shady past (she was bad), tasked with keeping the secrets of Grayskull as part of a secret society, training Man-At-Arms and Duncan, getting trapped behind the Mystic Wall on the Dark Hemisphere for 16 years or so (the evil half of Eternia). Then, returning and fighting alongside the other heroes again.
    From what i read she was around during king grayskulls time, which I do think is cool. The fact she is a gar is also really neat, and I do like her design, and the snow cat is a cool idea too.

    I just dont get how you justify her, when someone like Hawke, or Huntara are so long over due.

    Are the majority of fans for MOTU now 200X fans? .... because it really seems that way. It's the only thing I can think that would give a character like this such steam and momentum. I grew up in the 80's, I enjoy the MYP cartoon, but the over anime style, and the excess design in characters is why I disliked it, and mattel has retired the look.

    It shares that in common with Mortal Kombat. MK 1-3 the characters were simple, but still cool looking. In the end you have a subzero that looks like shredder, scorpion now has more hardware than a home depot, and no one plays your game anymore. So they reboot. That's exactly what mattel has done, for good reason.

    So it makes me wonder how most of us got here as fans. 80's? or 2K? because being an 80's fan I am partial to a more simple elegant design, where as a lot of you seem annoyed the 200X style was retired, when in my eyes it was over the top anime silly-ness in most cases.
    Last edited by Stickfa; December 17, 2011 at 03:06pm.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

  18. #168
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    If you want to get technical, original BBS boards replied above the sender text. Now, as much as you're free to get your slap and tickle fantasizing about me; and that's certainly your right, using "she" "her" and the ilk just makes you look like a child- you and Jun-Yor included when it's been stated I'm male. Now I pose to you a question: when we were children did we flock to MOTU characters because of a complex backstory and riveting narrative, or did we run to them because "they looked cool"- the answer is pretty obvious to anyone with even a shred of common sense.


    The nice thing about MOTUC is it's different things to different people and with this in mind it can be just as relevant to choose Illumina because she "looks cool" as it is to want her in order to get a more fleshed out story for her in the bigger MOTU mythos. Oh and a little bit of friendly advice- Illumina has been so talked about on here it goes beyond common courtesy where I'd usually be helpful and wanders into "troll" territory by even asking where to find info. Also for the record, Lodar>Geldar(aka Sho' Nuff the barbarian.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    Thank you so much for actually posting links instead of going "OMG USE TEH SEARCH" ... and from everything said, and from the links you posted this is the general gist of things.

    I want Illumina because: the few pictures of her that exist are pretty! and i think she looks cool!

    or

    I want her to prove a point to mattel!

    or both, plus, I like kitties!

    The mass motivation to get this character to prove some inane point, or because she looks cool is not surprising but very disappointing. I am glad the german fans got it right in picking a character long over due for a figure, instead of a new one, with no comic or cartoon appearances.

    Please tell me I got it wrong .... but I really dont think I have.



    When you reply, you post your reply AFTER the quote, it's confusing as heck when you don't. And you're telling me I dont know how to use the forums? .... .... But you are right, I didnt use the search function, and I should have. How about instead of JUST telling me to use it, you go the distance for the character you want to defend, and give me and all of the people that quoted me and agreed with me, an insight into why you want illumina? constructive criticism not destructive.

    I have a feeling I know why you want HER though. I think SHE and you have a lot of things in common.
    We all know we can't like all elements of He-Man and be as big of fans as you though yes? I prefer the mini comic continuity but that doesn't stop me from enjoying parts of Filmation, POP, NA, and 200X. Also, Strongarm, Lizard Man, Illena, Shokoti, and many others are far more deserving than Geldar if you want to talk about justifying never produced characters.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    From what i read she was around during king grayskulls time, which I do think is cool. The fact she is a gar is also really neat, and I do like her design, and the snow cat is a cool idea too.

    I just dont get how you justify her, when someone like Hawke, or Huntara are so long over due.

    Are the majority of fans for MOTU now 200X fans? .... because it really seems that way. It's the only thing I can think that would give a character like this such steam and momentum. I grew up in the 80's, I enjoy the MYP cartoon, but the over anime style, and the excess design in characters is why I disliked it, and mattel has retired the look.

    It shares that in common with Mortal Kombat. MK 1-3 the characters were simple, but still cool looking. In the end you have a subzero that looks like shredder, scorpion now has more hardware than a home depot, and no one plays your game anymore. So they reboot. That's exactly what mattel has done, for good reason.

    So it makes me wonder how most of us got here as fans. 80's? or 2K? because being an 80's fan I am partial to a more simple elegant design, where as a lot of you seem annoyed the 200X style was retired, when in my eyes it was over the top anime silly-ness in most cases.
    Last edited by vertigoink; December 17, 2011 at 03:43pm. Reason: to make it easier on Sticks psyche

  19. #169
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,736
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    I agree with you yet once again, Crusader. Allthough I thought the MoP Orcs would actually be ending lower. I'm in fact excited to see that they still got quite some votes. I tell you my friend, one day, will be cracking a bottle while opening the mailer boxes containing the MoP Orcs two pack!
    Oh happy day indeed
    The moment they are revealed I'll start building a special diorama shelf, something like a cavern interior, where they can be displayed next to Alcala Skeletor, long haired Alcala He-Man, Fisto, Mer-Man, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw and TOD Sorceress.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  20. #170
    Heroic Daddy to Hermione! Uki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    The Woodlands,Tx
    Posts
    9,773
    I'm glad Illumina won the vote. I hope we still see Hawke, Delora, Crimson Fury, Kamo Khan, Strobo, Scrollos, and Huntara. In fact, I'd buy them all happily.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

    Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

  21. #171
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    From what i read she was around during king grayskulls time, which I do think is cool. The fact she is a gar is also really neat, and I do like her design, and the snow cat is a cool idea too.

    I just dont get how you justify her, when someone like Hawke, or Huntara are so long over due.

    Are the majority of fans for MOTU now 200X fans? .... because it really seems that way. It's the only thing I can think that would give a character like this such steam and momentum. I grew up in the 80's, I enjoy the MYP cartoon, but the over anime style, and the excess design in characters is why I disliked it, and mattel has retired the look.

    It shares that in common with Mortal Kombat. MK 1-3 the characters were simple, but still cool looking. In the end you have a subzero that looks like shredder, scorpion now has more hardware than a home depot, and no one plays your game anymore. So they reboot. That's exactly what mattel has done, for good reason.

    So it makes me wonder how most of us got here as fans. 80's? or 2K? because being an 80's fan I am partial to a more simple elegant design, where as a lot of you seem annoyed the 200X style was retired, when in my eyes it was over the top anime silly-ness in most cases.
    I think most fans are GENERAL MOTU fans. Fans who aren't exclusively hardcore 200X fans or vintage purists, but generally like things from all over.

    As for origins, they don't matter much. I was with the line from the beginning and like Pre-Filmation and 200X. Filmation and the 1987 movie are my least liked renditions of MOTU.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  22. #172
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Toyguru's closet ^_^
    Posts
    2,152
    Bingo mgm.


    Quote Originally Posted by megagearmax View Post
    i think most fans are general motu fans. Fans who aren't exclusively hardcore 200x fans or vintage purists, but generally like things from all over.

    As for origins, they don't matter much. I was with the line from the beginning and like pre-filmation and 200x. Filmation and the 1987 movie are my least liked renditions of motu.

  23. #173
    Heroic Warrior Coptur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    626
    Well I guess this is one fan choice figure i won't be getting

  24. #174
    Heroic Warrior Eternian Poet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Coptur View Post
    Well I guess this is one fan choice figure i won't be getting
    You mean you don't want a blue Teela with a dumpy crotch?
    ***
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

  25. #175
    Heroic Master of Logic Stickfa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,532
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    If you want to get technical, original BBS boards replied above the sender text. Now, as much as you're free to get your slap and tickle fantasizing about me; and that's certainly your right, using "she" "her" and the ilk just makes you look like a child- you and Jun-Yor included when it's been stated I'm male. Now I pose to you a question: when we were children did we flock to MOTU characters because of a complex backstory and riveting narrative, or did we run to them because "they looked cool"- the answer is pretty obvious to anyone with even a shred of common sense.


    The nice thing about MOTUC is it's different things to different people and with this in mind it can be just as relevant to choose Illumina because she "looks cool" as it is to want her in order to get a more fleshed out story for her in the bigger MOTU mythos. Oh and a little bit of friendly advice- Illumina has been so talked about on here it goes beyond common courtesy where I'd usually be helpful and wanders into "troll" territory by even asking where to find info. Also for the record, Lodar>Geldar(aka Sho' Nuff the barbarian.

    We all know we can't like all elements of He-Man and be as big of fans as you though yes? I prefer the mini comic continuity but that doesn't stop me from enjoying parts of Filmation, POP, NA, and 200X. Also, Strongarm, Lizard Man, Illena, Shokoti, and many others are far more deserving than Geldar if you want to talk about justifying never produced characters.
    Lodar wasnt an option. I am going purely on what we were given as options in the vote. Same goes for Strongarm, Lizard Man, Illena, and Shokoti.... I think most of those were in the "Obvious" list. Shokoti for sure, I have wanted her for a long time.

    I did not know that about the original boards, that text came first. I am glad I learned something (serious, not sarcastic), but that said, like all things they change, they advance, they evolve. Do you still rid around on a penny-farthing? I highly doubt it. It was invented, and changed into the bicycle of today.The natural inclination is to read what was said, then the reply, so that what you are referring to makes more sense. The way you reply is counter intuitive, and annoying...... but whatever, I've always wanted to ride a penny-farthing... so keep doing what you're doing.

    As for the character, I think you make some valid points. As a kid, I did want them because they were cool, but for me anyways, that was 1/10th of it. We wanted He-Man because he was the main hero, we wanted Skeletor because he was the main villain. The less involved in the story, the fewer sales I think you'll find the figure had. The "he's cool" factor doesn't have as strong a pull as the story factor does. On top of that, picking a figure back in the day was also largely based on the action feature.

    Take Scare glow for example, a muscular skull-faced figure, wearing purple .... Was he cool? hell ya, but i/we already had a skull-faced character in purple ..... but HE GLOWS IN THE DARK!? SWEET! ...... I have stickers that do that though .... "Evil Ghost of Skeletor" Skeletor died?! WHAT? I MUST OWN HIM.

    So far the characters that had little involvement in the story, but have been added to the line have been met with hostility, Chief Carnivus for example. I dont get why the hype over illumina, and I dont think adding a character that never made it into any cannon, makes any sense. It is masters CLASSICS, not masters BRAND NEW.

    When it comes down to it, since toys in the MOTUC no longer have action features, we have to base it solely on previous story involvement and coolness. When faced with black guy, with a huge axe, crazy armor and a Mr. T hair cut vs. Blue snow queen with a white panther, with the power to blind people, MR.T haircut wins.
    Last edited by Stickfa; December 19, 2011 at 07:53pm.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •