Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: wind raider shipping

  1. #1
    Court Magician
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    35

    wind raider shipping

    Anybody feel scammed by the shipping charge for the win raider. When I was checking out it had a shipping carve of $11. Then when I confirmed payment the charge jumped to almost $22. Really $22 for shipping. Is this being overnighted?

  2. #2
    Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    El Paso, TX
    Posts
    7,296
    They said months ago that the wind raider is big and heavy and that shipping is going to be high. I coughed up the cash because I don't want to deal with the Logistic shippers.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

  3. #3
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by Trap=Jaw View Post
    Anybody feel scammed by the shipping charge for the win raider. When I was checking out it had a shipping carve of $11. Then when I confirmed payment the charge jumped to almost $22. Really $22 for shipping. Is this being overnighted?
    Are you an international fan ? I think it shows US shipping rates as default but it jumps to the international rate on the billing page. I've noticed this earlier.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  4. #4
    Heroic Warrior DJ Force's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    1,643
    I know this issue has been addressed before, but after yesterdays Wind Raider sale I feel the need to address it once more.

    Shipping internationally is expensive, I get that. I also get that for opening a European distribution center, there needs to be 5 times as many sales as there are now.
    However, I was planning to buy 3 Wind Raiders yesterday and I wanted to see what would be the best shipping method.
    I put one WR in my shopping cart - shipping would be $15.
    I put two WR in my shopping cart - shipping would be $35.
    I put three WR in my shopping cart - shipping would be $55!
    Turns out that each added Wind Raider would add twenty dollars to the shipping costs! Thatīs 5 dollars more than having each Wind Raider sent individually!

    I find it a tad bit ridiculous that in the 21th century, with global economics and all, we have to stick to these shipping options.
    Talk about "combine orders and save on shipping". The more I combine, the more I need to pay extra for shipping.

    Please, from the bottom of my heart and the sake of my wallet: Please try and find better international shipping methods. Fast!
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

  5. #5
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,717
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Please, from the bottom of my heart and the sake of my wallet: Please try and find better international shipping methods. Fast!
    Seconded !!! I don't even dare to calculate what I've spent on shipping and taxes this year
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior citizens_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Nantyglo, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    187
    it's 11.75 in shipping for me for the wind raider.
    my feedback thread

    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=218428



    selling off my entire motu classics collection, here's a link to one of my auctions..... check out my other items 43 auctions total.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/120886470944...84.m1555.l2649

  7. #7
    Got Filmation? shadowfall1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    A Damn Mitten....
    Posts
    6,556
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    I know this issue has been addressed before, but after yesterdays Wind Raider sale I feel the need to address it once more.

    Shipping internationally is expensive, I get that. I also get that for opening a European distribution center, there needs to be 5 times as many sales as there are now.
    However, I was planning to buy 3 Wind Raiders yesterday and I wanted to see what would be the best shipping method.
    I put one WR in my shopping cart - shipping would be $15.
    I put two WR in my shopping cart - shipping would be $35.
    I put three WR in my shopping cart - shipping would be $55!
    Turns out that each added Wind Raider would add twenty dollars to the shipping costs! Thatīs 5 dollars more than having each Wind Raider sent individually!

    I find it a tad bit ridiculous that in the 21th century, with global economics and all, we have to stick to these shipping options.
    Talk about "combine orders and save on shipping". The more I combine, the more I need to pay extra for shipping.

    Please, from the bottom of my heart and the sake of my wallet: Please try and find better international shipping methods. Fast!

    It was
    $11.75 for 1
    $12.80 for 2
    $13.65 for 3
    USPS Ground

    $14.25 for 1
    $15.15 for 2
    UPS Ground

    This is US shipping..apparently they love to jack International buyers all the way around.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

    Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

    Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

  8. #8
    Heroic Warrior Shenlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Conyers,GA
    Posts
    425
    I was only charged $16.00 to ship 4 Wind Raiders. Of course I am in the US and went with USPS.

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior He Man 12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    736
    I was charged 32 to Puerto Rico.... UPS Second day... I have no other option for shipping!

    But that baby is worth every penny!!!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

    I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs


    XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

  10. #10
    Grenzgaenger belmont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Vienna.Wien.Vienne
    Posts
    410
    Yeah, WR's shipping price was very heavy. I wanted to buy two, but only bought one now, because of the horrendous delivery price.

  11. #11
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,129
    I had to pay 45€(68$) for two WindRaider!!!
    Tax(19%)and UPS provision(12,50€) not included!
    So i have to pay about 80€(104$) for UPS shipping(only insured option).
    Happy bankrupt
    Yeah but Mattel is working on better international shipping options
    Granamyr( even a green one) is out of the question.
    Last edited by JimPansen; December 16, 2011 at 11:46am.

  12. #12
    Widget Ramstone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by citizens_X View Post
    it's 11.75 in shipping for me for the wind raider.
    Same here. Not bad!

  13. #13
    Heroic Warrior Stefan81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    148
    I had to pay 15.55 $ (USPS) for one windraider. UPS is way too expensive for me.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

  14. #14
    Court Magician Sentinelgrayskull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Culver City, California
    Posts
    39
    Hey guys. I am still waiting to hear back from digital river about my November sub being short. What do you suggest? I called like over 20 times already. They said its on high priority. My a@$ it's high priority.
    27

  15. #15
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by citizens_X View Post
    it's 11.75 in shipping for me for the wind raider.
    same here - usps.

  16. #16
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Gallows
    Posts
    885
    I'm in New Zealand and shipping to me is only $15.55. I think this is a pretty reasonable cost actually. Far cheaper than what the gougers on ebay would charge. Some people want $32 just to ship a single figure to New Zealand.

  17. #17
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens AL
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    They said months ago that the wind raider is big and heavy and that shipping is going to be high. I coughed up the cash because I don't want to deal with the Logistic shippers.
    That is the big reason.I remember Battlecat and Panthor had higher shipping rates as well.As for Cornerstone logistics.They are slower than dirt but I do get my stuff in very good shape.Thought it takes forever.A buddy of mine has had some recent bad experiences with UPS over the condition his stuff came.He ordered the Bubble powered she-Ra.his came in not so great condition.I ordered one of another for someone else.Who already ordered one.So,I offered the one I purchesed to my local buddy.The one I odered came in better shape then his did.Sorry for the long post.

  18. #18
    Heroic Warrior Lipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    It was
    $11.75 for 1
    $12.80 for 2
    $13.65 for 3
    USPS Ground

    $14.25 for 1
    $15.15 for 2
    UPS Ground

    This is US shipping..apparently they love to jack International buyers all the way around.
    Yeah I did 3 too. Can't wait till they get here.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

  19. #19
    Heroic Warrior vadersfist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    1,784
    I paid the 14.25 for shipping 1 but then again I couldn't see being hassles by USPS mail since around by me they are B.S and packages end up being destroyed or take forever to get to me. So as much as it hurt me to pony up to that 14 dollar ground UPS shipping I went ahead and did it. I have ALL my MOTUC figures shipped UPS and that includes the sub since I got that AND the 30th annivers figures as well.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •