Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTU For Christmas

MOTU For Christmas

For the second year running my good buddy bought me one of the few missing vintage figures....reducing my missing figure list to 9. Last year it was "Burger" King Randor just in time for the classics figure. Perfect like-new figure with cape, crown, and spear.

This year it is Blast-Attak - again like new with axe-thing and the cable to make him explode - which I have done at least 6 times in the 20 minutes since I opened him. I hope this is a sign that Blast-Attak will appear in the classics line in 2012.

At age 39, I still get that swooping feeling when I open a Masters of the Universe figure and when it's an unexpected present like this it is even better. I remember the Christmas when I received He-Man and Battlecat, the Wind Raider, and Castle Grayskull...The family cat walking through the jaw-bridge as I applied the stickers. Does everyone have similar memories?

I wish everyone a happy holiday and many He-Man related gifts under the tree!

Merry MOTUmas to all!

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    For the second year running my good buddy bought me one of the few missing vintage figures....reducing my missing figure list to 9. Last year it was "Burger" King Randor just in time for the classics figure. Perfect like-new figure with cape, crown, and spear.

This year it is Blast-Attak - again like new with axe-thing and the cable to make him explode - which I have done at least 6 times in the 20 minutes since I opened him. I hope this is a sign that Blast-Attak will appear in the classics line in 2012.

At age 39, I still get that swooping feeling when I open a Masters of the Universe figure and when it's an unexpected present like this it is even better. I remember the Christmas when I received He-Man and Battlecat, the Wind Raider, and Castle Grayskull...The family cat walking through the jaw-bridge as I applied the stickers. Does everyone have similar memories?

I wish everyone a happy holiday and many He-Man related gifts under the tree!

Merry MOTUmas to all!

Those were my favorite times. sitting on the living room floor laying with my playsets and having he-man guys falling through the trap door on snake mountain or the jail on the frightzone. Being afraid not to break my battle bones. I loved christmas the most during those times as i was very lucky to get the figures and playsets and vehicles between my birthdays/xmas. So since i am a november bday it would be a long year but i never had a shortage of imagination or excitement for those times. This year i know a good deal of what i have bought from the black friday deal is going to be my major gift and we are still wrapping everything we know about and not and it is going to be the closest xmas to the 1985 one for me. This time though i have my girls to share it with and already my oldest watches he-man and i am going to start her on she-ra. She is a tomboy so she might like She-ra because of the horde lol. She is a cutie. Well thanks for the reminiscing. I love it.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

This is me back in Christmas of 1984:

Now, almost 30 years later... the only thing on my boys' Christmas lists this year? "He-Man Guys".

It's like that Christmas of '84 has come back to my house this year... only this time I'm on the "giving" side of He-Man gifts and my boys are the ones with visions of MOTU dancing in their heads.

Sallah
    Last edited by Sallah; December 22, 2011 at 09:22am.

My 3 years old daughter drew a wishlist for Santa. That included a Playmobil house, a bunny, a cat and a dog. And He-Man, Skeletor, Battle-Cat, Panthor and Orko.

Obviously, she will get the house and the bunny - Oh, and Orko
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Not to go all high and mighty Dayton but I believe last years December figure was Buzz-Off, King Randor was the year before.
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.

Last Year I gave my co-worker's son He-man that I got from the Cyber Monday sale. Now what's He-man without Skeletor? so this year I got him Skeletor and (because i hate leaving kids out) a Bubble Power She-Ra for his cousin

Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Not to go all high and mighty Dayton but I believe last years December figure was Buzz-Off, King Randor was the year before.
    LOL it all runs together for me now - I just remember doing a comparison shot on Facebook

Gotta dig Nutnog's style. audman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    My 3 years old daughter drew a wishlist for Santa. That included a Playmobil house, a bunny, a cat and a dog. And He-Man, Skeletor, Battle-Cat, Panthor and Orko.

Obviously, she will get the house and the bunny - Oh, and Orko
    Yeah i would like to be giving to my girls but i have more brainwashing to do on them. My oldest is more into the show than the toys. and my wife pssh. She don't want the figures in the open in the master bedroom they are banished to the cave.
    Highly Recommended for Fantastic Trades/sales: cayman shen, ElkThunder, Geek-man,

My boys are getting a MIB 2002 CG. They are also getting a few figures as well along w/ a TRU 2-pack. This might be a x-mas to remember b/c I can still remember getting my 1st CG when I was a kid. I hope it has the same impact on them as it did me. Merry X-Mas everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...kemountain.jpg

Now, almost 30 years later... the only thing on my boys' Christmas lists this year? "He-Man Guys".

It's like that Christmas of '84 has come back to my house this year... only this time I'm on the "giving" side of He-Man gifts and my boys are the ones with visions of MOTU dancing in their heads.

Sallah
    I remember a couch almost like that

I had quite a few of the first 2 series of MOTU...I also had the Snake Mountain & Grayskull...I remember the trap door in Grayskull, and the microphone to Snake Mt. I never had Beast Man, Faker (always up until I got my MOTUC version was a much wanted figure of mine)...I got most of mine at Christmas and Birthdays, with the rest here and there all year, along with MASK & Transformers...and I had quite a few replacements along the way.

Other Christmas hauls over the years were:
    Thundercats, The Real Ghostbusters, Centurions, Voltron, Jayce and the Wheel Warriors, Silverhawks & Bravestarr

Sadly I was one to experiment with my toys, and I played hard, and broke a lot of my playsets..if I could go back in time and slap myself silly I would....believe me.
    Which is probably why I collect MOSC now, not that I would destroy my collection now, but I lost so many accessories, and body parts, and if I didn't like a detail I tried to fix it...and to that point, I am still like that.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; December 22, 2011 at 11:56am.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I consider my december figures my MOTU Christmas presents.

I got Vintage He Man, Skeletor, BA He Man, BA Skeletor, Panthor, & Battlecat last year. I get MOTU for christmas alot actually.

I think it's great, and I like that every month is like Christmas gifts (though I pay for them) with this MOTUC series.

One of my closest friends bought me Webstor this year, she always gets me great toys and he's one of the few I'm missing. My black friday/cyber monday hauls were my early christmas present to myself this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sallah View Post

What a great picture! I wish I had some photos of my childhood Toys, I think I've only got one, and it's of me opening up a Mego Hulk on Christmas morning. I have a very distinct memory though of getting Mekaneck one Christmas, I can still even clearly remember the art on the back of the box as I tore off the gift wrapping.

Happy Holidays everyone!

I'm giving MOTUC Swifty for myself this Christmas. I want to see faces of my family (father, brother, step-mother, step-siblings and their children), when I open the package.

- Joni -
    "My grandfather had a saying: 'Good news can wait. Bad news will refuse to leave.'" - Commander Susan Ivanova (Babylon 5)

Admin @ The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club
    Join our community at:
    The Great Rebellion - Collector's Club

* My MOTU memories
    * My MOTU collection images

I ordered the Wind Raider for myself it will be here on 12/27 so my Christmas keeps going
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    GREAT thread!

Like so many others here on the .org, Christmas holds some of the BEST MotU memories for me...

Both of my brothers are much older than I am, so on Christmas I was in action-figure heaven! My most prominent memory, though, involves Mer-Man.

It was late one Christmas night, and after an awesome day of gifts, family, and good food, I had noticed that my parents left the "secret" closet door open under our staircase. I happened to peek in and to what did my wandering eyes see?? MER-MAN! My parents explained to me that Santa was in a rush and forgot to wrap him up... (Of course years later I realized that my parents just forgot about Mer-Man while they were up all night wrapping gifts, lol )

I don't know what it was about that Mer-Man figure, but I absolutely LOVED him! I took him everywhere with me... ahh, good times.

Funny enough, I still think Mer-Man is the best MOTUC figure released thus far...

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    all i want for xmas is motuc.
    dont need fancy phones or gift cards or anything else, just give me toys!
    i'm still a big kid.

I agree - the Toys-R-Us theme song is forever imprinted in my brain!

Heroic Warrior
    Unfortunately, there will be no MOTU for Christmas for me, this year.

I had planned to get Demo-Man for Christmas, but unfortunately, the scandalous Matty "evil logistics" came in the way...

I just picked up a vintage Crystal Castle for my 3 year old daughter, it's not complete, but hey it's She-ra.
    Does this loin cloth make my butt look big?

The Alien Moo Cows Are Watching

Never Stop Dreaming www.neverstopdreaming.webs.com

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...istofer+lucero

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Nothing unless Demo-Man, Evil-Lyn, and Windraider suddenly show up between now and Sunday.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I could open my BP She-Ra finally, but my Windraider won't likely get here in time...

Of course, if my wifey surprises me...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I won't be getting or giving any MOTU this year, but I remember a year I did get a lot of MOTU stuff

That's me striking my best He-man pose. That's the year I got Castle Grayskull, Stratos, Beastman and He-man. I got Skeletor for my birthday shortly after which had a reminicent theme...

Christmas '83 was a great one for me!

Mr_Yuck cool ...I enjoyed as soon as I looked these pics..thank you for sharing that with us

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Thanks Carafa. I wish I still had that shirt. Or rather...that shirt in a larger size

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I get my MOTUC delivered to my parents house, and since I haven't visited lately, I came for the holidays today and had about 10 MOTUC items waiting for me! It was like childhood Yule all over again!! So much MOTUC goodness!!!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!